Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

+8
Great Unclean One
Jawz
Amber
Camokasi
kiubiXninja
Spiritcurse
comingdarkness
DorianCreed
12 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

Pointage Poll

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_lcap0%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_lcap0%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_lcap50%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_lcap50%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 Empty Re: GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Hardened Force Feild. Ignores DR? Burning clothes? Yeah, no. Of course, this IS Zanton, so... yeah. Don't fight him. Ever. Also, the bugs are technically summons.

DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 19 Empty Re: GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Eh, not too fussed. I'm working more on ideas that can challenge a normal player, or possibly even a high powered one. I never really liked the genre of stupidly powerful things fighting each other with more and more advantages. I much prefer it when the players are fighting, for want of a better word, CR appropriate foes. Though I must admit, it does have a certain charm.

Also, "ignores DR" != "armour divisor infinity". Ignores DR means just that.

Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Check DR, read the modifier for it called 'Hardened'. Yeah, that is as awesome as you think it is.

Also, these foes are CR appropriate. Just not this early. Think of it like this: In some games, the big bad shows up at the beginning and torches your home village, inspiring the good guys to go train for a couple of years or whatever just to beat them. This is that time. They are the big bads. You should try to beat them, and be forced to retreat. That way, it's all the more inspiring when you go on to defeat them in a suitably epic manner towards the end of the campaign. The Venemorphs, Shadow, Gigant, or otherwise, are CR appropriate, however.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Ah, fuck you multiple wordings. Other books give the steps as infinity, 100, and so on. I suppose by the letter of the rules, you're right, by the spirit of the rules, I'm right. Since the critical success that ignores DR was designed to give lighter fighters a chance to occasionally beat somebody in much better equipment, regardless of TL.

If they're inspiration, they need to be less direct, I think. The way they're played makes them seem like direct adversaries.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Well, they're supposed to seem direct, because they aren't all that subtle. Except Domino. Also, they kinda ARE direct adveseries, as you are gonna need to give them a beat down eventually. Well, assuming you survive the first battle, that is. I mean, unless you make assanine choices (stand and fight against Chain Armor Sandalphon, blow yourselves up to save [Insert NPC here]) you should be alive at the end, but still, there's always the rule of chance: Eventually, you WILL critfail. Also, Sod's law: Any faliure or unwanted consequence comes at the least opportune time. Just sayin'.

Also, a thing to remember about my campaigns: We go by the rule, with rule 1 being the Rule of Cool: If it's fuck-awesome, it happens. Period.

Last edited by DorianCreed on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:04 pm

I intend to blow a lot of stuff up. But I don't intend to die while doing so, don't worry. And yeah, Sod was a dick when it came to lawmaking.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Indeed he was. Now, I need everyone's honest opinion on this, because it may alter your potential NPC allies: Does this seem like blue magic to you?

Blue Magic (130 points/level)
Affliction (Negated Advantage, Magery -1 (minimum of 0), 10 points of spells, 2 FP [+30%], Permanent [+300%]; Linked, see below [+10%], Malediction 2 [+150%]; Low Signiture [+10%]) 60 points/level
Affliction (Advantage, Magery +1, 10 points of spells, 2 FP [+300%]; Permanent [+300%]; Linked, see above [+10%]; Self Only [-20%]; Low Signiture [+10%]) 70 points/level

Also, let's see what the Circle are up to, shall we?

Domino smiled as he surveyed the table. They were all here: Him, Ruina, Sandalphon, Effervo, Iocus, Valetudo, Mr. 4, and even Aperiant. As they sat around the table, octagonal in shape, the meeting came to order. Octagonal Circle, in it's entirity, were now in Maroha.
Domino spoke first, "Well, now that we're all here, let's get planning. Now, we launch our attack tomorrow, and we need to take that damn plaza as soon as we can, so-"
"We should just storm the place!" Sandalphon interrupted, "Take 'em by suprise, and smash 'em into the ground!"
Domino sighed, "Well, that is the basis of any good attack strategy, but remember, those three beat you down. They could always do it again."
Sandalphon frowed, and sat back in his chair, "I won't go so easy on 'em next time. Besides, Ruina'll be there with me, right, Ru?"
Ruina nodded, "Of course I will, darling. Now, dad, you were saying?"
Domino smiled, "Well, if we have, say, Effervo, leading a small swarm of Venemorphs, attack them straight on, they'll be distracted, so the rest of us can bring the rest of the Venemorphs around from behind and bulldoze their defenses. A classic feint, with a decent pincer manouver. They won't know what hit them."
Effervo sat foward, "But what if they have AA guns? They could tear through my Venemorphs."
Domino nodded, "Good point. We'll have Aperiant," He motioned towards the armored and helmeted diminuitive figure, "and his forces on the ground, as a further distraction, then."
Mr. 4 spoke up, as proffesional as ever, "Me and the Centrans will give fire support to the ground troops. They'll need it."
Iocus frowned, having just realised something, "I'll stay here with Valetudo, keep the base occupied so that you've got somewhere to retreat to if you need to."
Domino shook his head, "Iocus, we'll need you in the battle, and Valetudo will have to stay in Library Island, at the very least, in order to be of any use. No arguments. Now that that's sorted, I believe that we have an issue of a lost general to sort out."
Mr. 4 nodded, "Yes, Mr. 3. He was a great asset, and they pulled him apart like he was made of paper. They also said 'This is what happens to those who threaten us' or something."
Sandalphon snorted, "Let them come! I'd love a rematch, especially now I've perfected my chain armor!"
Domino smiled, "Well, I can agree with that. Let's leave the meeting here, and go enjoy ourselves. I believe Ruina, Valetudo, and Sandy have set out a party for us in the other room. Shall we?"
And with that, the meeting over, they all proceeded into the next room. As the first laugh rang out, the music started:

"No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now..."

EDIT: I've updated the themes! Go check em out, if you want!
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

The bored is set...
the pieces are moving....
we come to it at last...
the great battle..of our time.
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

http://commingdarkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Blue Magic, no. What it looks to me is a significantly cheaper and faster to cast version of the Drain Magery spell. So, it's a combat mage negator. This kind of goes against the whole point of magic fighting, which is that you can't suddenly have your character crippled by the opponent constantly firing spells off your HT, which is typically low for mages.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:37 pm

I was really bored for half an hour so I decided to make this for the sheer hell of it!
A trailer to what I think our final battle may look like!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YW8G6QE5
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

Just realised. We're going to end up catching one half of his pincer movement inside our pincer movement. This should be fun. Allow me to draw a small diagram.

AB...A...B

With A being us, B being them.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:36 am

Well....thats going to be interesting to see at least...
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Indeed, especially once you realise that the OC force at the back is actually the majority of their forces. As in, about 90% of them. Very Happy
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Good thing Conjack told them not to have everything on the front line...
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Also a good thing he's familiar with the abilities of the Venemorphs... Oh, wait. You still haven't met the Gigant Venemorphs, have you? Well, you're in for a shock.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm

As are you my freind...as are you for we have our own new weapons and powers...
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I know. Adam told me about them. I needed to know, as, well, I AM the GM, after all. I literally HAVE to know about these things before you get them set up, or you can't have them. Sorry to sound dickish, but that's the rule. Rule 0, in fact: The GM is always right. Period. Twisted Evil

Oh, also because I need to be able to work out the effect of your plans (dear god, you have no idea) on Octagonal Circle and their minions. And because you can't pull anything out of nowhere. Say, you'd prepared a minigun turret, that was just that, when you suddenly say "Oh, we put anti-tank missiles on it. Didn't we tell you?", I can say "When? Why? How? Why wasn't I informed? Why haven't you used it before?". Now, a perfectly legitimate set of answers to that would be "Just now, Gizmos and Quick Gadgeteer, Gizmos and Quick Gadgeteer, Gizmos and Quick Gadgeteer, Gizmos and Quick Gadgeteer" but that's irrelevant. I need to know!
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Okay. We're using the chem labs and various Create spells to make pesticides and acids and whatnot. We're then putting them in fuel tanks next to the flamer turrets. And because I can't shake the feeling that that was a clue, naturally we'd have rocket infantry on the roof.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Who says I was talking about Adam's plans? I know you said no to them so never assume I plan the same thing Twisted Evil
And you say we dont have anti-tank weapons? Have you ever seen what sort of stuff in Satomi's lab? We raid that and we get a whole lot of stuff!
And another question I want to ask...Conjack has consulted those in his class who know of magic. E.I. Veronica, Kurumu, Dokura and Yukari. They have the choice of staying and fighting or leaving with the Evac group. He is however telling Eva herself to leave.
I'm gonna need the stats for these characters Smile
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Damn. I've gotta go through my paper work, ain't I? Damn it, now why didn't I get a better filing system than 'piles'? Ah, well, I'll just restat them. I've got time. Now,whick Yukari are you talking about? As in, what media is she from?

Oh, and you genuinely believe Eva will want to miss out on a battle like this? And also miss a chance to see Negi at maximum power? Yeah, no. In character, and plot wise, she's staying, no matter what Conjack says. Very Happy
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm simply saying what Conjack will do, I never expected her or you to allow her to leave Smile
And I doubt she will want to miss the chance to see her master at full power either...
Oh and its Yukari from Rosaria+Vampire - a witch
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Yeah, it's Negi that she's gonna want to see at full power. Get up to chapter 318 in the manga, and you'll see why. And you'll love every second of it. Very Happy

Also, ok. I'll get on with that right away. Be warned that the characters won;t necessarily be anywhere near as OP as they are in their respective medias, due to the whole "Allied NPCs overshadowing the PCs" thing, which I'm sure you do not want. Expect the stats to be PM'd to you before Friday. That's the best I can do, as I need to stat Aperiant ASAP. I also need to copy down the Reich-5 soldier stats, but that'll only take a couple of seconds.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Thats fine but one thing to know...Conjack isnt letting Eva out of his sight during all of this.
I'm talking in character here ok so dont start "GM you carnt do that" bitching (in the nicest possible way) Smile. I am stating what COnjack intends as he thinks in character
Conjack will not let her out of his sight for as much as possible during the battle. If she wants to see Negi in battle he will understand but he will go with her. He will not allow any chance for himself to not be able to protect her (no matter how powerful she is).
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm gonna need stats for Konoka, and... I've forgotten the names. The sniper and the assassin, Dark knows who I mean. I'm also gonna need a writeup of what we've got on base, especially focusing on our turret defences and such.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 pm

He refers to Mana and Veronica Smile Just so you know.
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Goddamn it, even MORE restatting. And yes, I am gonna have to be restatting, due to my mum needing fire lighters at a point when my stuff was on the table and looked like scrap paper. FML, no NPCs! Ah, well, at least I won't get bored, hey?
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

ouch...
I hope you shouted at her Razz
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next