Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kabal of the black heart

4 posters

Go down

Kabal of the black heart Empty Kabal of the black heart

Post by Ketran Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 pm

So I bought my first Dark Eldar today as well as the Codex yesterday and have to say I think I finally understand what Spiritcurse has been raving on about I mean look at it! Oh hey Space Marine nice power armour you've got there, smack agoniser to the face. What's that Marneus? Two power fists? My that is awfully fancy but, slash, dual demi klaivex, heads will roll. Psychic powers hmm? Please open that little crucible there, zap, ash on the floor. I am very pleased.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the black heart Empty Re: Kabal of the black heart

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Still, they're far too squishy. One Monolith blast to the centre of your squad and boom! Say bye to your everything!

Of course, you've got the raiders with those ZOMFGWTF sails that let them move 36" a turn. To that, I say 'OH, SH-'
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah but you can resist our Dark lances too, but to that we raise our middle fingers and release our disintegrator cannons
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah, monolith. Armor 14 a side, and that can't be screwed over wth lance weaponry or extra dice of AP rolls. Smile
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:11 pm

We'll find a way, I'm sure three dark lances at once (ravager) will do at least some damage and if not its tiem for haywire grenades.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Any S8+ in there? If not, you be fucked, son.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 pm

dark lances are strength 8 and haywire grenades dont use strength you just roll a 6 for a penetrating hit and 2-5 for a glancing
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 am

Nice. Well, the only thing there that can do anything of any worth to the Monolith is the haywire grenades. The S8 AP3 Big Blast Ordanance weapon can't be disabled as a weapon. Now, anything better to bring to the feild, or am I gonna have to Gauss you to death?
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah plenty we've got fusion pistols that are strength 8 melta, Void lances that are strength 9 lances and I've forgotten how melta works so will a Heat Lance which is a strength 6 melta/lance work? I forget. As for Close combat wyches have it covered and our splinter weapons always wound on a 4+ so we have a guaranteed good chance to gun you down
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Monolith ignores lance and melta, because it's broken as shit. The void lance could Pen, but only on a 6. Fun times. Melta usually gives an extra d6 if you're within half range.

Wyches have never been god tier CC machines. Neither are Necrons. Ought to be fun. And yeah, but you'd probably wound on 4+ anyway, given the new updates.

In semi-related news, BS4, wounds on 4+, right? He has a 3+ save, and effective FNP. That's a 5.5% chance that each of your shots will kill. Not exactly a "guaranteed good chance".
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Well I wouldn't say its an excellent chance but its better than some take lasguns for example and besides I've always thought that if Dark Eldar had a bane it would be Necrons. Either way there's no real way to determine who is truly better until the Necrons get fixed. I mean a huskblade is all well and good but if you compare that to a warscythe then you can see that if an Archon wre to assault a squad of pariahs he would be dealt with swiftly because his attacks are not numerous enough.

As for the Wyches, how about Hellions? Hellglaive adds strength plus the fact they're toughness 4 because of the skyboard makes them a little more of a match. To be honest I need some help with structuring a force. For example what should I do with my box of warriors, should I make them one 10 man squad or two five man squads? I'm not sure what I want more, two Syrabites or a Splinter Cannon/Darklance.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Ah, don't look at it purely on the basis of the weapon - take the unit into account. For example, a typical lasgun user costs 4 (on average between the 3 and 5 cost units). Typical DE warrior costs around double that.

It's always the same when battling across codex things. One side is always broken. For example, old DE could rip apart anything in the game. Then BA came out, now they're broken and DE are weak. Necrons are looking like their flavour suggests - immortal.

Hellions are nice, but it's not the S and T you need to think about. After all, if you're relying on S, or expecting to be hit back, you're doing something wrong. It's the speed.

Personally, two 5 man squads.

Moved to wargames, since I've somehow become retarded and not noticed this is out of place.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Spiritcurse wrote:Ah, don't look at it purely on the basis of the weapon - take the unit into account. For example, a typical lasgun user costs 4 (on average between the 3 and 5 cost units). Typical DE warrior costs around double that.

Point taken, forgot how dirt cheap guard were and how many you can field. And yeah I was thinking 5 man squads so I can actually legally play the game, plus shredder and blaster which is never a bad thing. You know me I'm opposite I always try to use the most points as possible.

And to the Hellion point yes speed is clearly their strongest point and the added extra strength makes them a good unit to use against Necrons. Especially when you can just swipe their Necron Lord and fly off with him, that got a grin out of me.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nailz94 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Ah, delicious Stunclaw.
Nailz94
Nailz94
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster