Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imera Game

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Imera Game Empty Imera Game

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:58 pm

So my first time GMing a campaign set in my personal favourite genre. I think it went well, and there was a gunfight and some intrigue, so it's all good. PM parts I'm not posting, since they tend to involve secret parts.

Imera Game 13022910
Theme for the session

[21:40] <@Spiritcurse> A light bump shakes the two of you awake as the shuttle docks with the station. All around you, people are rubbing their eyes as they wake, and heading for the exits. An announcer, a pleasant, albeit synethetic voice is reading post flight safety precautions, ending with a cheerful "Welcome to Imera Observation Station, please enjoy your stay". The closest exit is a few rows back.
[21:41] <%Dark> I am silent as I blink a couple of times, booting up my systerms and running systerm checks
[21:42] <@Spiritcurse> Everything reports well, your battery level reporting just over 97%. A few passengers glance at you, seeminly unused to a living machine. Others don't even look twice.
[21:43] <%Dorian> I shake myself into some form of readiness, gazing around, my eyes falling and lingering on a variety of people.
[21:43] <@Spiritcurse> None of the people seem any threat, although you do recognize the loud person who'd woken you up some hours ago, currently arguing with a woman, possibly his wife.
[21:43] <%Dark> Nodding to myself, i scroll my eyes across the people around me
[21:44] <@Spiritcurse> You notice a couple other robots, neatly falling in step with rich seeming businessmen making their way out of the first class section.
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> A flight attendant walks towards you, carrying a form. "I'm very sorry to disturb you sir, but is this robot yours?"
[21:46] <%Dorian> "No, it isn't." I say, smiling slightly.
[21:46] <@Spiritcurse> "No? No other passenger reported possessing a robot. It must be a mixup with the database. Robot, can you speak?"
[21:47] <%Dark> "Affermative" I nod
[21:47] <@Spiritcurse> "Excellent. Who are you with?"
[21:48] <%Dark> "I am with no one. I am acting independently"
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> "Are you sure?" She contemplates for a moment, before realisation dawns on her face. "Oh, it's covert. Well, I'll... umm... yeah..." She scurries away, leaving the clipboard on the seat in her rush.
[21:49] <%Dark> I watch her go, my face twisting into what is an attempt at an amused expression
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> The ship is almost empty by now, you and a luggage carrier bot the only remaining passengers.
[21:50] <%Dorian> I stand up, and brush my suit down. "Well, robot, shall we?"
[21:51] <%Dark> "Indeed" I stand and pick up the bag next to me, stepping back to allow you to pass before following
[21:52] <@Spiritcurse> The door hisses shut behind you, leaving you in the station terminal. It's a crowded place even now, with shouting and the hubbub of conversation almost drowning out your own thoughts.
[21:53] <@Spiritcurse> There appears to be a vast amount of shops in front of you and down an escalator, while the left and right seem for all the world like an ordinary street. One glance out of the window behind you confirms the truth - you are miles above the planet, held in a small metal box away from the cold of space.
[21:55] <%Dorian> "Well, I have someone I need to talk to." I smile, and wave, as I head for the bank.
[21:56] <@Spiritcurse> Fighting his way through the crowd, Rolan is lost from sight in seconds.
[21:56] <%Dark> I watch him go before moving towards the window and looking out, looking down at the planet in silence
[21:58] <@Spiritcurse> The planet turns slowly beneath you, and despite the cloud cover you can see the sparkle of the oceans - most of the world, according to your data. Despite that, occasional towers of steel and glass gleam brightly, visible even from space.
[22:00] <%Dark> Nodding in satisfaction at being in the right place, I turn and simply head into the crowd, trying to blend in with it as i evesdrop and any converstations that I can
[22:01] <@Spiritcurse> The conversation seems pretty normal - sports seems to be the main highlight, and from what you can gather, Mira won. What is was they won is unclear, but it seems to be pleasing to a lot of people.
[22:03] <%Dark> I note the topic as a possible conversation starter in the area before continuing my aimless walk trhough the corwd, pausing at signs here and there to look as if I do have a purpose
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> You drift near to a rich looking fellow, who is discussing stocks and shares with a similarly well-off man. Both are worried, mentioning transferring funds to and from a "Zentra".
[22:05] <%Dark> I pull a paper out of my bag and sit down in a nearby chair, pretending to read it as i listen
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> You also notice a theme in the signs - by far the most common is "Elevator", and it seems to be near the centre of the station. You draw little attention, but do find out who Mira is. She seems to be a combat android. Judging by the pictures, a remarkably bulletproof one.
[22:08] <%Dark> I raise an eyebrow at the image of Mira again noting facts down for future conversations but remain seated
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> She seems built for utility, although you can't help but notice she changes in each picture - in one photo she has a gun for an arm, another a sword, and another a normal arm.
[22:11] <%Dark> Again i look at the picture before looking down to my own hand and flexing it a few times
[22:12] <@Spiritcurse> Oddly for human engineers, the robot is clearly female, although in an athletic way. She's clearly built for killing in an aesthetically pleasing manner, and indeed some of the oil trails in the photos are quite artistic.
[22:16] <%Dark> Nodding at the image again I stand and glance towrads where the peopel who had been talking about "Zentra" are
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> They're still discussing finances, using long and possibly invented words to discuss sums of money you can only just imagine. One has a small logo of a red triangle on his lapel, mirrored on his case.
[22:18] <%Dark> I note the symbole, remembering to seach for it in files later before looking for a place i can buy somthing akin to a newspaper
[22:19] <@Spiritcurse> A seller on the corner is passing out free copies of a newspaper, shouting loudly about the sporting victory, about the falling economy, and about pretty much whatever else he thinks of. He is quite clearly insane.
[22:20] <%Dark> I pick up a random paper and walk up to him
[22:21] <@Spiritcurse> "the end of all times! Repent, ye who have sinned!" he exclaims, to the amused glances of those walking past.
[22:22] <%Dark> "Why do you claim the end of time?" i ask with a tilted head "Are you awear of somthing?"
[22:23] <@Spiritcurse> "Ah, I've seen much, my satanic friend!"
[22:24] <%Dark> Ignoring the insult I blink "Such as?"
[22:25] <@Spiritcurse> "Paragon, twisting the flesh of the meek, creating abominations! The children, hellspawn they make!"
[22:26] <%Dark> "Paragon?"
[22:27] <@Spiritcurse> "Aye, the devil's cult themselves! Saving your presence, of course, filthy demon."
[22:29] <%Dark> "I'm sure. And how may I ask do you know all of this? Is this...Paragon active in the open?"
[22:30] <@Spiritcurse> "Ah, wouldn't ya like to know? And o' course, check any corner!"
[22:31] <%Dark> "I see..." again I blink before holding out the paper "Thank you for your information. I will buy this and then leave you to your work"
[22:32] <@Spiritcurse> "It's free!" With that, he turns away to continue his gibbering. You get the idea that were he sober, he'd have been of more use.
[22:34] <%Dark> "A good start" I mutter before turning and resuming my roaming, heaind towards the far side of the terminal
[22:35] <@Spiritcurse> The far side of the terminal leads in the direction of this elevator you're seen so many signs for, past a large open market. The noise is almost unbearable, but even your synthetic nose can pick up the delicious smells.
[22:37] <%Dark> I walk through the market, looking around at the vaious things they are selling
[22:38] <@Spiritcurse> You can see a stall for just about every culture you recognize, and a few you don't. One seems to stand out, staffed entirely by robots.
[22:39] <%Dark> Curiosity drive kicking in, i walk over to it and look at what they are selling
[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> They seem to be selling smaller robots, mostly household ones. A few catch your eyes, mostly because of the medium sized firearms attached to them.
[22:42] <%Dark> I frown slightly, wondering what sort of terminal sold armed robots so openly and look at the price, trying to measure how readily weapons are available in the station (and possible planet below)
[22:44] <@Spiritcurse> The prices are huge, the cheapest armed one being at least five digits in the price tag. You also notice each has a large inhibitor tag attached, and an Enochion logo on each one.
[22:48] <%Dark> Again recording everything to memory, I glance around to see how buisness is for the stall, taking a few steps away so as to make it clear I am not trying to buy anything
[22:49] <@Spiritcurse> Nobody seems to approach the stall in the time you've been watching, but the robots don't seem to mind. They just stare, unblinking, at the merchandice.
[22:50] <%Dark> Deciding that staying would not be benifical, i turn and make my way towards the elevator I have seen so clearly labled
[22:50] <@Spiritcurse> A loud dinging noise rings out from a public address system. "There has been a system failure at the elevator. Could those qualified to assist, please do so. Others, please find somewhere else to be."
[22:51] <%Dark> I continue heading towards the elevator
[22:52] <@Spiritcurse> A large crowd of disgruntled people oppose your motion, but most move aside, possibly thinking that a large robot has the right to go where it damn well pleases.
[22:54] <%Dark> I dont look at the people as I head towards the end of the crowd
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> The elevator is an enormous transparent tube, easily five hundred metres across. It stretches from the ceiling of this room - a cavernous hall packed with people - right down to the planet.
[22:55] <%Dark> I look for anyone in charge who may be able to tell me what the problem is
[22:56] <@Spiritcurse> You spot Rolan talking to a man near the front of the press of people. Thankfully, most of the people have left, leaving them, a few police, and a few teams of robots crawling over the glass.
[22:56] <%Dark> Recognising Rolan and wondering if he is possible connected to a authority group here, i walk over
[22:57] <@Spiritcurse> A policeman stood at the entry to the hall is explaining to a group of people the problem. "... minor cable fault, you're in no danger. We'll have it sorted in five minutes. Now please, just enjoy a snack."
[22:58] <%Dark> "A minor cable fault? what sort of fault could halt such a device....i was informed all major elevartors planet side like this had severl back up cables"
[22:58] <@Spiritcurse> "Yes, we do, we're just attaching the secondary cables now while we have these investigated."
[22:59] <%Dorian> I glance round and smile at the robot, "As far as I'm aware, they're faulted too."
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> His radio crackles into life. "We're done now, should be alright. You got a few norms we can send for the first round?"
[22:59] <%Dark> "You have been informed of this?"
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> "No, they should be fine, citizen. Tell you what, we're bumping you three to the top, feel free to step in."
[23:00] <%Dorian> "First trip down? That sounds good." I smile, and get into the elevator.
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> Stefan blanches at the idea, but climbs into the capsule also.
[23:00] <%Dark> I remain outside and turn to the man "You have been informed that it is secure?"
[23:01] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, it's all good. Ninety nine point something something chance of success."
[23:02] <%Dorian> I glance over at him, "Look, don't worry about it. Worst case scenario, we die quickly and painlessly. And, apparently, there's less than a one percent chance of that."
[23:02] <%Dark> I simply say nothing, marking his face to memory before turning and stepping into elevator
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> Inside the elevator, you seen fifty harnesses on the walls. Transparent walls, you notice. A synthetic voice informs you, "Please strap yourself into the harness. We accept no responsibility for injuries up to and including death as a result of doing otherwise. If you do die, we will be happy to refund your ticket upon request."
[23:04] <%Dark> "It seems they enjoy their humor here"
[23:04] <%Dorian> "I see no flaw in that." I say, straping down.
[23:04] <%Dark> I strap down too
[23:04] <@Spiritcurse> "This is not a prerecording. We're just having fun. Sorry."
[23:05] <%Dorian> "Fair enough, I'd do the same." I say, smiling to myself.
[23:05] <@Spiritcurse> Stefan straps himself in, face white with terror. At once, you drop. The sky flashes before you before you feel the artificial gravity kick in, blocking out the G-forces. After a minute or so, it's quite pleasant.
[23:06] <%Dark> "Systerms appear to be functioning..."
[23:06] <%Dorian> "Well, isn't that peachy?"
[23:06] <@Spiritcurse> "ARRRGGGHHHHH! Wait, I'm alive. Thank god for that." Stefan exclaims, even glancing about at the world.
[23:07] <%Dark> "it would appear you asumption of being alive is correct"
[23:07] <@Spiritcurse> Suddenly, the gravity drops and you feel yourself hurtling towards the ground with increasing speed. You almost black out before the gravity snaps back.
[23:08] <%Dorian> "Ow..."
[23:08] <@Spiritcurse> "That wasn't entirely intentional. Mostly, yes. Tell you what, we'll stop being impatient. If you're alive, please raise your hand."
[23:08] <%Dark> "Systerm gliches are to be expected after such a shut down...however recrods indicate they hurt"
[23:09] <%Dorian> I raise my hand, smiling inanely.
[23:09] <%Dark> I dont raise my hand
[23:09] <@Spiritcurse> "Oh, the robots being smart, and the cowardly one's unconcious. Good enough, let the people know."
[23:10] <@Spiritcurse> A few seconds later, you land. Stefan jolts awake, and begins to unstrap himself.
[23:10] <%Dorian> I unstrap myself, giggling, "This company is brilliant!"
[23:10] <%Dark> I unstrap and stand, rejusting my balance as i do so
[23:11] <@Spiritcurse> "Thank you. Any other time you wish to be thrown from orbit onto a planet, please consider us."
[23:11] <%Dark> "It is a unique business quote"
[23:12] <@Spiritcurse> The door unlocks, leading you to a significantly emptier terminal. Oddly empty, as if it had recently been evacuated.
[23:13] <%Dark> "THey were expecting a crash...protical demanded evacuation of the premises"
[23:13] <%Dorian> "Ok, empty terminal, seemingly evacuated. Fun times were not expected, methinks."
[23:14] <%Dark> "Indeed"
[23:14] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, they're not getting one" Stefan says. A security guard steps out from outside the capsule, barking into a radio. "Code violet downgraded, send in the troops".
[23:15] <%Dark> "Indentify yourself"
[23:15] <%Dorian> I smile, and wander over to the security guard. "I'd like to talk to you about your colleges on Orbital one. They appear to have lied to me."
[23:16] <@Spiritcurse> "Zentran security corps, come to get back this, and preferably get you three out alive. Seems upstairs didn't get the memo."
[23:17] <%Dorian> "No, apparently they didn't. Now, can we get going?"
[23:17] <%Dark> "Your lack of communtication falls below minimal reqierments"
[23:18] <@Spiritcurse> "Alright, basically, the cable snap distracted everyone, bunch of rats ran in, cut the power, shot the place up, looking to crack into our safe. You got sent into this shit, I'm getting you out."
[23:18] <%Dark> Now I step forwad and glare at him "You have allowed your security to be breached?"
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> "We didn't so much allow it, as the rent-a-cops that worked here got in over their heads. We're capable of dealing with them."
[23:20] <%Dorian> "Well, that's good to know." I smile at him.
[23:20] <%Dark> "There is not much in the way of evidence to support this claim"
[23:20] <@Spiritcurse> "How about I drag their corpses in here to show you, bot?"
[23:22] <%Dark> "Taking me to them will surfice"
[23:22] <%Dorian> "Yeah. After that, could you show me to the bathroom?"
[23:23] <@Spiritcurse> "Unless that body's bulletproof, you're not getting there. Now, we're gonna find another way out. Shut it you." He grabs at his radio again "I said code violet is over. That means you can send me some more men."
[23:23] <%Dark> "So they are still resisting arrest?"
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> You hear gunfire from outside, which you recognize as small arms fire. Nothing too deadly, but still lethal in the hands of a marksman.
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, you could say that." He drops to his knee, taking up position against the door with his rifle.
[23:25] <%Dorian> I sigh, moving for cover and motioning to Stefan to do so as well. "I hate fire fights."
[23:26] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm not a big fan" Stefan replies, swiftly grabbing a knife from somewhere and readying it to throw.
[23:26] <%Dark> "My weapons are currently offline" I state moving to the side "I am unable to assist"
[23:27] <@Spiritcurse> "Shit. Try this." He tosses you what looks like a pen. "First button, point at the trigger."
[23:28] <%Dark> I look down at it before holding it up towards the door...then glancing upwards "THe balcony!"
[23:28] <@Spiritcurse> "You seen something?"
[23:29] <%Dark> "Lazer dot aiming systerms" i state as i level the pen, noting an old saying flashing through my memory banks, and hunt for a target
[23:30] <@Spiritcurse> "Umm, robot? I meant your trigger."
[23:30] <%Dorian> "Looks like something... might be a red dot..."
[23:30] <%Dorian> "Or it could be the robot. That is also a possibility."
[23:30] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, stay at least a foot from it. It may be trick aligned."
[23:31] <%Dorian> "Will do." I move away from ACADU, smiling as I do so.
[23:31] <%Dark> I frown before looking back at the pen. A systerm clicks and I pull out my guns, using the first buttong on each trigger
[23:31] <%Dark> "My loyalties are clear...and it is not to them" WIth that I raise my guns, one in each hand
[23:33] <@Spiritcurse> The guns bleep, and a green light pulses. "Systems online."
[23:33] <%Dark> Nodding in satisfaction at the reactiation, I step behind the guard and wait, one eye seeming to rest upon him
[23:34] <@Spiritcurse> "Right, who's got the balls, metal or otherwise, to see if you can get behind that desk?" The desk in question is only a few metres away into the lobby, but there is scant cover.
[23:35] <@Spiritcurse> Stefan replies "I'm a civillian, I'd probably better not. After all, investigations, lawsuits and all that..."
[23:35] <%Dark> "Records indicate...damege is very likely to bodyly functions"
[23:36] <@Spiritcurse> "Indeed, and from that firing point, we may have a chance to hit the bugger."
[23:36] <%Dorian> "I'm not stupid, and have no weaponry. You go, with the biggest gun?"
[23:37] <@Spiritcurse> "I wouldn't make it two steps, this armour's not exactly conducive to movement."
[23:38] <%Dorian> "Good point is good. Ah, sod it, I'll go. Maybe there's a gun behind the desk, hey?" With that, I smile, and make a sudden dash for the desk.
[23:39] <%Dark> "I shall preform covering manova" I swing around and aim both guns towards the balcony
[23:41] <@Spiritcurse> A bullet whips past, blowing a large hole in the desk. Shortly afterwards is a loud crack. The bullets fired in reponse make a loud snap, and part of a gun barrel clangs to the darknened floor. "GO!" the soldier bellows.
[23:43] <%Dorian> I slide behind the desk, and begin frantically searching it for any form of weapon.
[23:44] <@Spiritcurse> The soldier sprays a volley of bullets at the glass pane dividing terminal and street, grabs Stefan and runs for the gap.
[23:45] <@Spiritcurse> "Come on you two, escape! We'll have our guys finish the rest. Good shot, robot dude."
[23:45] <%Dorian> I curse, and dash after Stefan and the officer. "Coming!"
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Imera Game Empty Re: Imera Game

Post by Disposable-hero Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:24 am

we still need to do our horror movie gurps game!
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero
Dragon Fodder of the Highest Order
Dragon Fodder of the Highest Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Imera Game Teamwo10
Yes, my own work there. You guys had better love me. Theme for the session.

[21:07] <@Spiritcurse> You stagger out of the broken window, emerging onto a fairly empty street. Despite it only being early evening, it is surprisingly empty. You do notice a few corpses by the door of the building, ripped apart by gunfire.
[21:08] <+Dark> "Those men are not in need of help anymore"
[21:08] <+Dorian> "Well, let's not end up like them, then." I say, stepping over the corpses.
[21:09] <+Dark> I tilt my head before following, guns held ready
[21:09] <@Spiritcurse> As you step over them, you notice that the gunfire is from some form of machine gun - heavy weaponry for a street gang. Stefan follows you, obviously distrubed by the violence.
[21:11] <+Dark> "indeed"
[21:12] <[1]Spiritcurse> Stefan taps Rolan on the shoulder. "Hey, shall we go meet my contact now? May as well get that over with, then go for drinks?"
DISCONNECTED HERE, APPARENTLY SOMETHING ABOUT KILLING HOSTILE THINGS, I DUNNO
[21:14] <+Dark> "That is not an advisable tactic..."
[21:14] <+Dorian> "Fuck tactics, let's go meet people!" I say, smiling.
[21:15] <+Dorian> "Not you, though, robot. You go do robot things, like... be a robot."
[21:15] <Spiritcurse> "But he... it... I dunno. You have guns, right?"
[21:15] <+Dark> "It would appear that way" I hold up both my guns
[21:16] <Spiritcurse> "You any good with them?"
[21:16] <+Dark> "I have been programmed with most ranged skills and have been confirmed to pass most training facilites"
[21:17] <Spiritcurse> "Awesome, mind coming along? I can pay good credits."
[21:17] <+Dorian> "You're trying to bribe a robot!?"
[21:17] <Spiritcurse> "Nah, paying for services rendered."
[21:18] <+Dorian> "And if this isn't in it's databanks as being acceptable..."
[21:18] <Spiritcurse> "I'm just delivering a chip, it's perfectly legal."
[21:18] <+Dark> "I will take the credits as well as an anserw to my questions when this is over" I state simply
[21:19] <+Dorian> "Well, then."
[21:19] <Spiritcurse> "Oh, you'll get them over drinks. That is, if you can digest human drinks."
[21:20] <+Dark> "I can, but credits are what you proposision offered"
[21:24] <Spiritcurse> "You'll get them too, don't worry. Shall we be off? He's that way." He points down an alleyway to your right.
[21:25] <+Dark> "Who is he?"
[21:25] <+Dorian> "Let us depart, before questions block progress!"
[21:25] <Spiritcurse> "Mate of mine, we do some work together every now and then." He smiles, and begins walking down the alleyway.
[21:26] <+Dark> I cast a look back around me before following, keeping my guns held at the ready
[21:26] <+Dorian> "Oh, wait! I forgot! I need to talk to a guy, might have mentioned it before. I'll be literally five minutes!" I smile, and turn off, making a quick left after the first turn.
[21:27] <Spiritcurse> Although the occasional person walks past the mouth of the alley, nobody casts more than a cursory glance your way.
[21:28] <+Dark> I say nothing, lowing my weapons slightly at the sign of civiliens
[21:29] <Spiritcurse> Stefan stops as Rolan runs off. "Well, he'd better be back soon. He's not known for his patience."
[21:29] <+Dark> "You know him?"
[21:30] <Spiritcurse> "I meant my friend. He's not the nice type, but we love him."
[21:31] <+Dark> "Indeed"
[21:31] <Spiritcurse> "So, are you his 'bot, or what?"
[21:32] <+Dark> "I have not met him before this...and I dont think kindly to being thought of as belonging to anyone, much less someone like him"
[21:32] <Spiritcurse> "You're free? How human are you?"
[21:34] <+Dark> "Depends on your definition of human. and I am free in the terms that I am not bound to serve any one particuler human""
[21:34] <Spiritcurse> "Yeah? I mean human bits, there any meat in there?"
[21:36] <+Dark> "I belive that is not appropiate for the moment and I would rather not say"
[21:36] <Spiritcurse> "Alright man, didn't mean anything by it. So what you here for then?" He pulls out a cigarette from his pocket. "You mind?"
[21:37] <+Dark> "No. And again I can not say why I am in, classified"
[21:38] <Spiritcurse> "Eh, keep your secrets then, robot dude." He lights up, taking a deep drag. "Much better."
[21:39] <+Dark> "Are you awear of any major crime figures on this planet?"
[21:39] <Spiritcurse> "Oh, and then some. Which do you want?"
[21:40] <+Dark> I pull out a picture that I had in my pocket of a scared man "He goes by the name Butcher. He isnt from around here but has recently moved his buisness to this area"
[21:41] <Spiritcurse> "Hmm, I know of a few guys with that scar structure though. New gang, seem to be making up for lack of power with excess sadism."
[21:41] <+Dark> "Where are they based?"
[21:42] <+Dorian> I wander around the corner, smoking a cigarette and just closing my breifcase, which you can just see is empty. "Ok, that went well."
[21:42] <Spiritcurse> "That's the thing, nobody knows. They've got a few safehouses about, but not sure about their HQ."
[21:43] <Spiritcurse> He turns to Rolan as he returns. "Ah, shall we go meet my friend then?"
[21:43] <+Dorian> "Who's this?"
[21:43] <+Dark> "Very well then. Where are these safehouses?"
[21:43] <+Dorian> "Ah, ok, then. Let's be off."
[21:44] <Spiritcurse> "Business partner of mine, meeting him soon. I'll take you to one of them after this, yeah?" He turns, wandering off down a maze of alleys - turning right, ahead, left and then right again.
[21:44] <+Dorian> I follow him, a slight smile on my face.
[21:45] <+Dark> I nod and follow, keeping behind the both of you
[21:45] <Spiritcurse> He reaches where he appears to be heading, a dead end with a dumpster on each side and a walkway bridging at about the third floor. At the end of the alley is a suited man with a cybernetic eye.
[21:46] <+Dorian> "This the guy?"
[21:47] <Spiritcurse> "Yep, that he is." The man smiles widely at your arrival, and shouts to you. "Come here then, I don't bite!"
[21:48] <+Dorian> I smile, and wander over to him.
[21:48] <+Dark> I follow in silence
[21:50] <Spiritcurse> Stefan follows you nervously, looking surprising stiff for somebody among friends. The man looks at each of you in turn, then spreads his arms wide. "Hello! For those of you who haven't seen me before, I'm Markus! Who're you two fine gentlemen, or gentlerobots?"
[21:50] <+Dorian> "I'm Mr. Smith, and it's nice to meet you."
[21:51] <+Dark> "John"
[21:51] <Spiritcurse> "Well, you two are polite. May I ask what brings you to my fine alley this evening?" He maintains a steady smile, obviously pleased with himself.
[21:52] <+Dark> "I was asked to come" I say simply
[21:53] <+Dorian> "My good friend Stefan here said you were... well, I'm not sure, but he asked me to come!"
[21:53] <Spiritcurse> "Steffie... after everything we've been through, you brought guards? I'm hurt, Stef, real hurt. You got the chip?"
[21:54] <Spiritcurse> Stefan nods weakly, pulling a small datachip from his pocket and passing it to Markus, who takes it with glee, even dancing a few steps away.
[21:54] <+Dorian> "The chip, it is...?"
[21:55] <+Dark> I raise an eyebrow but say nothing
[21:55] <Spiritcurse> "It's important to me. And believe me, I'm happy to see it again after all this time."
[21:57] <+Dorian> "Well, that answered all my questions."
[21:58] <Spiritcurse> Stefan backs away a few steps, while Markus hugs the chip with glee. "Stef, you can go. You two, want some work to see you through the winter?" Around this point, you remember that it's currently August.
[22:00] <+Dark> "I have some buisness to finish with Stef here" I say "But I will be free for work once that is done with"
[22:00] <+Dorian> "Well, what kind of job you talking about? Any would it have anything to do with that chip there?"
[22:01] <Spiritcurse> "Alright. Well, want to at least hear the offer? He'll be waiting for you at the end of the alley, right Steffie? And yes, yes it would." Stefan nods nervously.
[22:01] <+Dorian> "I'll stay, this seems interesting."
[22:02] <+Dark> "So long as he is still here when we are done"
[22:03] <Spiritcurse> "Not a problem." Stefan walks away towards the mouth of the alley, while Markus mutters "wait for it, wait for it..."
[22:04] <+Dark> I raise an eyebrow as my hand tightens around my guns
[22:06] <Spiritcurse> "And... bang!" He makes his hand into the shape of a pistol, mocking shooting Stefan in the back of the head in much the same way as a child. Stefan's head explodes, showering bone and brain across the alleyway.
[22:07] <+Dark> Blinking I suddenly raise on of the guns and aim it at his face in a swift, instincitive movment "I needed his info"
[22:07] <Spiritcurse> "Eh, I'm smarter than him anyway. What do you need?"
[22:08] <+Dark> "Information about a new comer to the this area"
[22:09] <Spiritcurse> "Sure, who? I'm assuming not you guys."
[22:10] <+Dark> "Why should you be trusted? He trusted you a little more then I do and look at what happened to him"
[22:10] <Spiritcurse> "Also, here you go." He tosses a 20 credit chip to Rolan. "Should cover the dry cleaning bill, he was closer to you than I thought. Naughty sniper. And because I'm me!"
[22:11] <Spiritcurse> "I'm a very trustworthy person!"
[22:11] <+Dorian> "Cheers, I now trust you slightly more than I do most other people. Which is to say, at all."
[22:11] <Spiritcurse> "See, he's got the right idea. Now, who wants to hear this job offer?"
[22:11] <+Dark> I remain silent for a second, blinking twice before lowering the gun
[22:12] <+Dorian> "Me, please."
[22:12] <Spiritcurse> "Clever men. Alright. Basically, I need a couple of guys. You fit the bill, and slightly more importantly, are in the wrong place at the right time."
[22:14] <+Dorian> "This is slowly sounding more and more dangerous. However, I prefer not being sniped in the head."
[22:15] <Spiritcurse> "It is dangerous. I won't blame you for walking away, and because I recently had ramen and am in a good mood, will not kill you for it."
[22:15] <+Dark> "What is the job first"
[22:15] <+Dorian> "Still prefer not being killed, so job info, please."
[22:16] <Spiritcurse> "In the long run, return Licentas to a pedestal of freedom where the meek can stand side by side with the mighty in a world free of oppresion. In the short run, going to a noodle bar."
[22:16] <Spiritcurse> "And I told you, I won't kill you, and I won't order my men to kill you."
[22:16] <+Dark> "And doing what there?"
[22:17] <Spiritcurse> "Buying noodles. I'm going to assume you haven't eaten yet, and you'll need energy for the plan."
[22:18] <+Dorian> "Well, that's good news. Also, why don't we just order some pizza whilst we chat?"
[22:18] <Spiritcurse> "Because I'm in the mood for noodles."
[22:18] <+Dorian> "Ok, then."
[22:19] <Spiritcurse> "Or if you're not hungry, I could just give you the proper mission now."
[22:19] <+Dark> "Food is often known for making conversations have the appearence of freindlyness
[22:20] <+Dorian> "Eh, food is good, and I'm assuming you want me to get you something, right?"
[22:20] <Spiritcurse> "I want you to deny my opponents something. Have either of you heard of a corporation called Zentra?"
[22:20] <+Dorian> "Yes, I have. Why?"
[22:20] <+Dark> "Indeed"
[22:21] <Spiritcurse> "They have something I don't want them to have. Namely, a working computer system in the building just around the corner."
[22:21] <+Dorian> "And you want it gone, I assume."
[22:21] <Spiritcurse> "Indeed. And ideally, any evidence you were there."
[22:22] <+Dorian> "Ideally, but things aren't always perfect."
[22:22] <+Dark> "I do not desire the person I hunt to be awear of me yet"
[22:22] <Spiritcurse> "True. But you see, photographic evidence tends to get you shot, so don't have any."
[22:25] <+Dorian> "Photos need burning, computer needs trashing, got it."
[22:25] <+Dark> "And the people within?"
[22:28] <Spiritcurse> "Yup. End of this alleyway, take a right out, you'll see it. People, I couldn't care less."
[22:29] <+Dorian> "Well, that sounds fun, then. Let us depart!"
[22:30] <+Dark> "It appears that my options a limited"
[22:31] <Spiritcurse> "As I said, I promise you that if you say no, you'll be absolutely fine."
[22:32] <+Dark> "If I do this...will you aid me in finding someone?"
[22:32] <Spiritcurse> "Of course, because we'll be friends then, and that's what friends are for!"
[22:33] <+Dorian> "Yay, friendship!"
[22:33] <Spiritcurse> "Yay!"
[22:33] <+Dorian> "You know, I like you."
[22:33] <+Dark> "Indeed" I hold up two guns "We shall do the job then"
[22:34] <Spiritcurse> "Aww, that means a lot. I like you too man, we should go drinking sometime. And you, robot dude. If you do drink, of course."
[22:34] <+Dark> "I do"
[22:35] <Spiritcurse> "Sweet! Brewskis for all! Now, missions, possible killing, and computers for you, while I have more noodles." He spins on his heel and almost skips inside, jumping and clicking his heels together before swinging inside on the door.
[22:36] <+Dark> "He is...interesting"
[22:36] <+Dorian> "And awesome!"
[22:37] <+Dark> "So...are we doing this job then?"
[22:39] <+Dorian> "I will, but I need to talk to some people first."
[22:39] <+Dark> "Who?"
[22:41] <+Dorian> "Just some people, don't worry about it." I smile, and wander off.
[22:42] <+Dark> I watch him go before sighing and walking in the direction that had been pointed out before, mentaly running through my files
[22:44] <Spiritcurse> The zentra building is a five storey building, with a six storey factory next door that looks abandoned. A large flag flies outside the metal and glass front, displaying the logo, a black background with a red circle on.
[22:46] <+Dark> I find a place where I can watch and not be noticed, simply watching as I wait for Rolan to arrive
[22:47] <Spiritcurse> There is a row of benches outside the main gate, which is a largely decorative affair - the perimeter wall is only about waist high. You can however, see two guards patrolling outside it in the car park.
[22:48] <Spiritcurse> You also spot a few cameras attached to the third floor, sweeping the area up to the building - you can't spot a path without being caught on camera at least once.
[22:50] <+Dark> Tutting in a programmed act of irritation, I stay silent and watch them
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> This street is much more travelled, but after about three minutes the sweel of people dies down to a trickle. The street lights also flick on as the sun sinks below the skyline.
[22:53] <+Dark> I look at my watch, my programming growing impatiant for Rolan as I stand and decided to walk around the perimiter of the building
[22:54] <Spiritcurse> The entire building seems covered by the cameras field of view, but the gap between the factory and office is only about three metres - you feel you could jump it with ease.
[22:55] <+Dark> Storing the location of the nearest jump point to my log, I resume my walk, still waiting
[22:57] <+Dorian> I amble up to the building, humming an old song to myself.
[22:57] <Spiritcurse> There is a rather pleasant park behind the office, the green trees and grass contrasting oddly with the bright steel of the city around it.
[22:57] <+Dark> I am stood in the park when you come, my programming making my face look irriated "You are late"
[22:58] <+Dorian> "Better late than never."
[22:59] <+Dark> "I have scouted the area. It would be optimal to move via the factory beside their base"
[23:00] <+Dorian> "We gonna wait for night?"
[23:00] <Spiritcurse> From closer to it, you can see the factory is abandoned. The door nearest to you is held shut by a bulky padlock - a mechanical one, oddly enough.
[23:01] <+Dorian> I smile, "This ought to be fun."
[23:01] <+Dark> "It is night"
[23:01] <+Dorian> I pull down my shades, "Oh, yeah. Heh."
[23:02] <+Dark> I say nothing as i walk towards the factory "You able to open that?"
[23:03] <+Dorian> "Sure, should be." I step up to the padlock, and kneel down, so that my eye-line is level with it.
[23:03] <Spiritcurse> The lock is an old make, and if you didn't know better, you'd swear it was a training lock.
[23:04] <+Dorian> "This is probably going to be easy."
[23:04] <+Dark> "Then make it quick sir"
[23:08] <+Dorian> I stand up and pull out a hand gun, quickly shooting off the lock.
[23:09] <+Dorian> "That good?"
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> The lock smashes into tiny pieces as the door swings open with a loud creak.
[23:10] <+Dorian> "Loud isn't good. We move fast."
[23:10] <+Dark> "Impressive" I blink before stepping through the door, guns held up again
[23:11] <Spiritcurse> The inside is empty of people or objects, but appears to be a stairwell.
[23:11] <+Dorian> "Stairs to roof, move to building?"
[23:12] <+Dark> "Indeed"
[23:13] <+Dorian> "Alright, fellow! Let's go!"
[23:13] <+Dorian> I laugh, then move for the stairs swiftly.
[23:13] <Spiritcurse> As you wander up the stairs, you hear footsteps below walking up stairs. They stop at the third floor, where you hear a lock being opened, followed by a door slamming.
[23:13] <+Dorian> I stop, and glance around for cover.
[23:13] <+Dark> "Abadoned does not mean empty it seems"
[23:14] <+Dorian> "Sssh, robot. Cover now, smart talk later."
[23:14] <Spiritcurse> There is no cover, save for the flimsy banister. However, you don't hear more movement below, and none coming up the stairs.
[23:15] <+Dark> "I advise moving with cation"
[23:15] <+Dorian> "Yes, let's do that." I say, rolling my eyes.
[23:16] <Spiritcurse> Below, you hear glass smash and a heavy thud, as if something had been thrown through a window.
[23:17] <+Dark> "Perhaps you should watch the front? I will cover the stairs"
[23:17] <Spiritcurse> Two gunshots make you jump, but you clam down when you realise they were an the floors below you. You hear yet more glass smashing, then loud swearing.
[23:18] <+Dorian> "I advise running, robot. Running seems nice."
[23:18] <+Dark> "But they seem to be fighting somthing else down there...or shooting a door open"
[23:19] <+Dorian> "Indeed. If they come up here, they might kill us for spying on them. So, we move."
[23:19] <+Dark> "If you feel that that is needed"
[23:19] <Spiritcurse> You hear yet more stairs, moving away from you this time - whoever was there has decided not to be any longer.
[23:20] <+Dorian> "Ok, then." I begin to move towards the top of the stairs as fast as I can.
[23:20] <+Dark> "You see? Now our lead may be leaving"
[23:20] <Spiritcurse> The stairwell exits onto the roof, and provides some shelter from the rainfall.
[23:21] <+Dorian> "Who cares? We get this job done, then we go back and talk to Markus about it. Problems, they are solved."
[23:22] <Spiritcurse> You see a patch on the edge of the roof that seems less damp than the rest, as if something had been covering it lately.
[23:23] <+Dorian> "Hmm... intersting."
[23:23] <+Dark> I blink a few times before looking around the roof for anything else "Somthing has been going on here"
[23:24] <+Dorian> "No joke." I sigh, and wander towards the patch, kneeling by it and glancing around for anything left there.
[23:24] <Spiritcurse> Nothing else but the dry-ish patch is of interest, but glancing over the edge you see the Zentra building. The jump looks more than manageable, although you'd have to aim to miss the large skylight.
[23:26] <Spiritcurse> The letters "Cor" are scratched into the ground in very neat handwriting, then trail off. There is also a gunpowder smell in the air.
[23:26] <+Dark> I blink once as I look at you before walking over to the jump spot and looking donw
[23:27] <+Dorian> I smile, "Well, that's good to know" before standing up, and glancing down towards the building.
[23:27] <Spiritcurse> With a runup, the jump would be easy. The skylight is a good ten metres long, and opens onto a meeting room, long wooden table and everything. You imagine it would be nice during the day.
[23:28] <+Dark> "You ready to being our operation?"
[23:32] <+Dorian> "Give me a second." I stop, and take a deep breath in before letting it out nice and slow. "Ok, now I'm ready. See you down there!" I smile, and, taking a quick run up, I jump, aiming to miss the skylight.
[23:35] <Spiritcurse> You thud into the skylight, which groans under your weight. You see the robot jump, but he too has overestimated the jump, sending him straight towards you. You leap aside, and he flexes the glass too, which cracks slightly but survives the impact.
[23:36] <+Dorian> "Well, that... was badly aimed of us. Hopefully we haven't been noticed."
[23:37] <+Dark> "Hmm...seems I need to rework my balance systerms..."
[23:38] <Spiritcurse> The two of you scamper off the glass and pause, regathering breath after the impact.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:36 pm

This is relevant to my interests.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks, I'm liking the way it's shaping up. With any luck, I'll either refine, or have it refined, into a story when we're done, maybe stick it on the interwebs.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Keep at it. It's making to be quite intriguing, there's nothing I like more than a good story; especially a science fiction one.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks, there's plenty of intrigue going on behind the scenes - in the interests of keeping the game going I'm not revealing the contents of PMs or other related conversations we have about it, since there's a lot of juicy stuff there for the players to find out. And I'm certainly not giving any info about the NPCs out other than what they've seen.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Sun May 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Good, you could try and do what the writers and directors are doing in Doctor Who right now; which is blow our small minds with at least 5 ARGs. Bring on the mind fuck.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sun May 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Personally, I'd love to do that. Not sure how I'd go about it though, maybe have some easily hackable websites set up, drop URLs and hints in game?
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Mon May 02, 2011 7:57 pm

That could work, just take a leaf out of Treyarchs book with their GKNOVA6 website. You could even go as far as valve and place 26 radios you have to tediously find, then make the players download a ridiculously uncommon software to decode the static and Morse code emitting from them. All that just for a few pictures.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 pm

In... in a text based game? I'm not sure you know exactly of what you are talking.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Oh I do, I just decided to rant a little bit on the complexity of ARGs nowadays. But back to the point, you could easily disguise a cipher in there, for example you could hide digits in the names of several docking bays. Then the player just has to piece the bay's codes together to get the string they need to decode. I don't know what you could possibly hide in a cipher but that's up to you.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTheft Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Create some morse code text, Get software to translate it
GrandTheft
GrandTheft
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

http://www.burnlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon May 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Eh, seems a lot of work to do just to mildly irritate them. The point of the morse code was that it was hidden and seemingly unimportant, whereas in a text based RPG I can't hide anything, and every word is by definition, important.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Tue May 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I suppose, but give it some thought. A mind fuck is a nice addition to any game.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed May 04, 2011 1:46 pm

It's over 9000! As in, the word count for your mission string just hit 9056. I'm quite pleased with myself. Also, Data Angels. They're awesome. I like them. In a sort of "mother of god, why would you program that?" kind of way.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Wed May 04, 2011 2:05 pm

That Ladies and Gentlemen is commitment. Though I have no idea what these Data Angels are.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Eh, it mounts up over time. And like so much in this game, Data Angels are were made when I read a bit of SCIENCE! and decided it was cool, let's do it. Name is from Alpha Centauri, for IC and OOC reasons.

Yes, I'm classing the god dammed planet as a character now.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Ooo science is a good reference. I'd much prefer a scientific explanation to the behaviour and existence of my creatures than a magic beard man explanation.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Sadly, no image for today's session, as my webcam is shite. If you're nice, I may bring Hrar, Conjack, and the scene down on Sunday for mass viewing for anyone there. If you're lucky, someone there will have a decent camera. Theme for the session.

[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> Breath fully recovered, you straighten back up to consider your mission. The sun has fully set below the skyline, and artificial lighting fills the streets. The roof however, remains unlit, a faintly iluminated stairwell in the opposite corner offering some respite from the rain, and an entrance to the building.
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> Judging from the sounds below, your jump has gone unnoticed, and even the sounds from the building you leapt from have faded away, allowing you to focus on the mission at hand - not dying.
[21:39] <%Dark> "Balance systerms need retuning" I mutter as i blink around the room, looking around
[21:40] <%Dorian> "We need to sort that computer block out." I say, standing up, "At least, that's what I think Markus said, right?"
[21:40] <%Dark> "Somthing like that...though i wouldnt put it past him to have no idea what he was talking about"
[21:41] <@Spiritcurse> You see a light flick on under the skylight, a guard walking through the room carrying a cup of something. Thankfully, he doesn't glance up.
[21:42] <%Dorian> "This is true. So, we need a plan!" I smile, clapping my hands together. "We go find the computer, you keep guard, I hack it, technologically, and then not so. Sound good?" Noticing the guard, I take one swift step off the sky-light.
[21:43] <@Spiritcurse> As you do so, he opens the door, flicks the light off, and leaves. He seems to be walking away from the stairwell, towards the opposite corner of the building.
[21:45] <%Dark> "Follow or go the other way?"
[21:46] <%Dorian> "Well, important stuff is generally near the top, so I'm guessing that the stairwell goes away from the computer. We follow, with extreme prejudice."
[21:47] <%Dark> "I do not believe it to be wise to start killing right now...our pressence needs to go unknown"
[21:48] <%Dorian> "Good point is good. However, I simply meant to knock him unconcious. Extreme does not equal maximum, see?"
[21:48] <%Dark> "Noted"
[21:49] <%Dorian> "Ok, then. Sneaky time!"
[21:50] <%Dark> I say nothing but begin to walk, my guns still held ready
[21:51] <@Spiritcurse> You approach the only way down from the roof without incident, finding it locked with a keypad. However, a few seconds of checking reveals a manual override, in the form of a conventional lock.
[21:52] <%Dorian> "Well, this security system leaves much to be wanted. You want I give it a go? Less direct than last time, of course."
[21:52] <%Dark> "By all means, breaking and entering seems to be a hobby of yours"
[21:54] <%Dorian> I snigger, and wander over to the pad, doing something to the pad that is well concealed.
[21:58] <%Dorian> As I stand back, the door swings open, leaving me with a sarcastic smile on my face. "Better than last time, no?"
[21:58] <%Dark> "Not saying much" I say, somthing akin to a smile crossing my face as i move through the door ahead of you, my guns held ready
[21:59] <%Dorian> I roll my eyes and follow, keeping an eye out for cameras and traps.
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> Beyond the door is a metal staircase leading down the the ground floor. Ventilation ducts adorn the walls, and the whirring of hard disks can be clearly heard from a couple of floors below.
[21:59] <%Dark> "Computer systerms located..." I mutter tomyself as I begin to walk up
[21:59] <%Dorian> "Whirring disks equals computer memory. We know where we're going, then."
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> As you approach the room, you also hear a slightly quieter humming from the floor below, and also snoring from that floor. The third floor, your current floor, also seems to have a guard in, from the footsteps.
[22:05] <%Dark> "It may be advisable to nutralize hostile guards....but stealth methords prevent this for the most part..."
[22:05] <%Dorian> "Unarmed?"
[22:06] <%Dark> "How should I know"
[22:08] <%Dorian> "I meant it to be a... oh, never mind. Now, where's that damn computer?"
[22:10] <%Dark> "You seem to like these situations. what would you do now then? guards or target?"
[22:11] <%Dorian> "I'd deal with the guards first, quietly and quickly, and preferably non-permanently. I'd then go after the target, making sure to take down any guards in a simmilar way if we meet them."
[22:13] <%Dark> "Your tactic is sound and acceptable"
[22:14] <%Dorian> "But of course."
[22:14] <%Dark> "You may lead the way" I place one of my guns back into my holster to free a hand, which i gesture ahead with
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> To your mild surprise, the door to the third floor is unlocked and partially ajar. The room beyond is dark, but you occasionally catch a glimpse of a torch beam sweeping the room.
[22:17] <%Dorian> "Can you get him?"
[22:17] <%Dark> "I can try, I have not been properly tested in stealth attacks yet"
[22:18] <%Dorian> "Hey, at least you can do non-lethal."
[22:20] <%Dark> I blink at him before I move fowrad, keeping to the shadows as I attempt to move nearer
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> He almost spots you once or twice as you shuffle closer to him, and the humming helpfully masks your footsteps. From here, you think you could just about attack him before he could react.
[22:23] <%Dark> I fleck the gears in my hand as I run pause before reaching out towrds him from behind...
[22:28] <@Spiritcurse> The punch knocks him forwards, and he chokes violently, but quietly. Trying and failing to scream, he reaches for his gun as he backs towards the door.
[22:30] <%Dark> "Target rendered silent..." I say, no emotion on my face
[22:31] <%Dorian> As the guard backs towards the door, I step up behind him and, having drawn my gun, press it into his spine. "You scream, you die."
[22:32] <@Spiritcurse> After a second or two of coughs and splutters, he replies with a nervous "Yes, sir."
[22:33] <%Dorian> "Good. Now, go to sleep, like a good boy." I smile as I strike him squarely in the neck.
[22:35] <@Spiritcurse> He tenses his throat, and your punch barely grazes.
[22:35] <@Spiritcurse> "Please, just let me go. I have a family."
[22:35] <%Dark> "We do not intend bloodshed...just your silence"
[22:35] <@Spiritcurse> "You've got it, sir. Shall I leave you to do... whatever it is you want?"
[22:37] <%Dorian> "Please. In fact, I need a tad of privacy. Robot, acompany this good man so that he doesn't alert his friends"
[22:37] <%Dark> "Affermative"
[22:37] <@Spiritcurse> He raises his hands in the air and sighs, looking obviously resigned. And also incredibly injured.
[22:39] <%Dark> "Where is the nearest exit?"
[22:39] <@Spiritcurse> "The roof, or through the lobby."
[22:39] <%Dark> "Do you have any ID on you?"
[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, of course."
[22:41] <%Dark> I hold out a hand for it "I will take it"
[22:42] <@Spiritcurse> "I thought as much, here you go." He passes it to you, sighing.
[22:42] <%Dark> i hold it up to see what information is on it, looking for name and adress
[22:43] <@Spiritcurse> His name is clearly displayed - "Simon Regala", as well as a photo and the zentra logo. There's no chance you'd be able to pass for the mexican looking man on the photo.
[22:47] <%Dark> "Ok Simon" I say slowly "I have your name saved and backed up. This will be the last time that we meet unless somehow everyone in this base knows of us being here. I want no little birdys telling them if you know what I mean. leave without anything and you can continue your life...tell someone and I will pay a visit to this family you spoke off. Understand me?"
[22:47] <@Spiritcurse> "Yes, sir. Now please, can I go?"
[22:48] <%Dark> "You have my warning" I say, flexing the gears in my hand again "Heed it. Now go by the quickest and least likely to result in people seeing you path"
[22:49] <@Spiritcurse> "I'll take the fire escape, sir." With that, he runs upstairs to the roof, where you hear the brief howl of rain as he leaves.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Tue May 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Imera Game Place10

Here's a quick example of the sort of thing I'm likely to be doing for most of the important buildings in the game. When/if I work out how to do it, I may be able to share a 3d version of the thing. If you ever want/need an image from another angle, simply ask and I can oblige. I'll try to get it from an angle that gets enough information to make good tactical decisions. Assume windows are placed where logical, if windows aren't on a given wall and it would be logical, I'll say so.

ADDENDUM:

Turns out I can do more impressive shit now that I've had a play about. Of course, this probably won't even matter, what with the whole "no replies, few if any views, and no games" thing going on. But still...

Imera Game Wareho11
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

What software were those renders made on?
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Fri May 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Google sketchup, legal free version. As a sign of respect, mostly.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Imera Game 13008510
Theme for the session. Hope you liked it!

[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> As the final intrusion program completes, the systems shut down entirely. You hear a faint hum as the lights switch off, followed by a chorus of confused shouts from the floor below. Time to leave. Thanfully, enough ambient light remains from the emergency lighting that navigating out shouldn't be too difficult.
[22:42] <Dorian> "Well, that was fun! Shall we?"
[22:43] <Dark> "Indeed. It seems we have outstayed our welcome here"
[22:43] <Dorian> "Well. Front door, back, or the enarest window?"
[22:44] <Dark> "You may decided. However bare in mind out last attempt to use somthing other than a door"
[22:45] <Dorian> "Ok, then. Hmm... I vote roof-top fire escape. And knock out the guard here."
[22:45] <@Spiritcurse> You notice a play of red and blue light from the window, most likely a police car. The light is not bright, suggesting a single car, possibly two.
[22:46] <Dark> "I wonder how they were informed"
[22:46] <Dorian> "My bet is silent alarm. Roof now!"
[22:47] <Dorian> With that, I run for the stairs, aiming for the roof.
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> The stairs are unoccupied, though incredibly dark - the emergency lighting doesn't extend to the stairwell. You manage to make it to the roof, finding it much the same as it was when you entered.
[22:49] <Dorian> I glance around for a fire escape.
[22:49] <Dark> "we should not linger. this is hardily the ideal situation to be introduced to local inforcment"
[22:50] <@Spiritcurse> The fire escape is on the north side of the building, and looks to lower into a park. Given the time of night, you doubt the park is occupied.
[22:51] <Dark> "Ideal" i blink
[22:52] <Dorian> "Damn right, there. Now, away!" I smile, and run for the fire escape, making my way down it as fast as I can.
[22:53] <@Spiritcurse> The escape clanks loudly as you climb, but attracts no undue attention.
[22:53] <Dark> I pause at the top, running calculations before following, keeping my guns ready as i advance at a speed for optimul response time
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> The park is surprisingly out of place - a green zone amid the steel and glass of the city. Even the cameras seem to be absent, allowing you a safe entrance to the park. The bushes nearby indicate that somebody has passed through recently, presumably in a hurry or scared.
[22:55] <Dark> "I allways admired these areas...since seeing them in programming"
[22:56] <Dorian> I slow to a steady walk, and straighten my tie, attempting to look inconspicuous. "Well, that's good to know.
[22:57] <Dorian> "
[22:57] <Dark> I lower my guns as i walk over to the bushes, my eyes blinking as i examin them
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> You spot a mobile phone face up in the mud. The screen flashes a low battery warning every few seconds, and doesn't respond to key presses.
[23:00] <Dark> I pick it up and place it in my pocket before standing and following after another quick look around
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> A glance reveals nothing of interest other than a gang of teenagers. Judging by the needles and bottles around them, they seem unlikely to provide much useful conversation.
[23:01] <Dorian> "Well, they seem... nice."
[23:01] <Dark> "Amount of laws broken...enough for arrest. however, that does not seem to be a top priority right now"
[23:02] <@Spiritcurse> One of the teens seems different from the rest - while most are laughing and talking animatedly, he slumps against a tree, eyes closed and twitching occasionally.
[23:03] <Dorian> "He looks well."
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> None of the others pay much attention, but they do show some measure of respect; he is given space and avoided being trodden on.
[23:04] <Dark> "The silent leader..."
[23:05] <Dorian> "Think he needs a quick slap?"
[23:06] <Dark> "Do you think that we should be bothered with them? the police are in the area remember"
[23:07] <Dorian> "You, sir, have a very good point. Now, away!"
[23:07] <Dark> i say nothing as I blink a couple more times, saving their images onto my databank
[23:09] <Dorian> I take one last glance at the leader before frowning and walking away.
[23:11] <Dark> I blink a couple of time before following
[23:11] <@Spiritcurse> The security has settled down by now, still unaware of the intrusion. The police car is marked with a blue X on a white background, but is empty. Walking past it to the noodle bar should be safe.
[23:12] <Dorian> I smile to myself and wander nonchalantly past the police car, now in high spirits.
[23:12] <@Spiritcurse> You garner no particular attention crossing the road, in part due to the fact that it's devoid of life.
[23:15] <Dark> "We should report the mission. the sooner its over the better"
[23:16] <Dorian> "Your point, it is good. So, you first."
[23:18] <Dark> I nod before leading the way
[23:18] <Dorian> I smile to myself, and follow.
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> You turn left back into the alley, and soon find yourself at the entrance to the noodle bar. The smells coming from a vent remind you of quite how long it's been since you ate.
[23:20] <Dorian> "Dayumn. Those noodles be smellin' good!"
[23:21] <Dark> "I wouldnt be able to comment"
[23:21] <Dorian> "You do not know what you are missing, my friend."
[23:21] <Dorian> I take my hat off as I enter, grinning ever wider.
[23:21] <Dark> "I do. food"
[23:22] <Dorian> "This isn't just food. This, my friend, is the most glorious of foodstuffs, Ramen. Nothing quite like it."
[23:23] <@Spiritcurse> The inside is typical of underground bars - dark, smokey, and packed full. Two figures seem to attract your attention: Markus in one corner, and an asian man in a suit sat next to what appears to be a hooker in the opposite corner. You can almost cut the tension with a monofilament.
[23:24] <Dorian> "Wow. Not a good place to be, then." I say, as I glance from one to the other.
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> Markus glances at you, nodding before returning to his meal.
[23:24] <Dark> "He seems to be as laid back as last time"
[23:25] <Dorian> "Not supprised. Dude knows what he's doing: Relax, and stuff is generally easier."
[23:26] <Dark> I say nothing as i look around the bar, blinking repeatidly
[23:27] <Dorian> "Ah, whatever." I say, as I wander over towards Markus.
[23:28] <@Spiritcurse> You reach Markus safely, who gestures for you to sit down. He leads towards you, and mutters. "Look, shit's about to go down. We'll talk afterwards, aye. See that man there with the laptop?"
[23:28] <Dorian> I glance over, "Yeah?"
[23:28] <Dark> I follow his gaze and blink at the man
[23:30] <@Spiritcurse> "He's big. Goes by 'Antares' most of the time. He meets with someone, it's because something big is happening. And that asian fellow over there, he's dangerous."
[23:32] <Dorian> "So, what we've got is someone important meeting someone dangerous. Meaning trouble, am I right?"
[23:32] <@Spiritcurse> "Now, I don't know if you've noticed, but eighty percent of the people in this room are packing heat. The rest are probably carrying something I can't scan for."
[23:33] <@Spiritcurse> "And yes, lots of trouble. Because if you two do as you're told in the next five minutes, one or both of those men will be dead. Got it?"
[23:34] <Dorian> I look at him, and smile, "How dead do you need?"
[23:34] <@Spiritcurse> "Ideally, dead enough that he won't mind me taking his data chip, and he won't mind you taking all of his money." He points at the hacker and the asian in turn with his chopsticks.
[23:35] <Dorian> "So, what, very?"
[23:35] <Dark> "Why should we? Killing more people becuase you tell us to"
[23:36] <Dorian> "Because money, robot, now shut up."
[23:36] <@Spiritcurse> "Because I'm not the only one who wants that chip, or that money. Soon as he finishes that program, everybody's gonna draw. And of course, he's oblivious to all this shit."
[23:36] <Dorian> "Hmm... I may have an idea..."
[23:36] <Dorian> I take a long look around the room.
[23:37] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah? If it's 'try not to get shot' I'm way ahead of you."
[23:37] <Dorian> "Slightly better than that, methinks. It will require some luck, however."
[23:38] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, just make sure I get that chip. And ideally, no bullet holes in me."
[23:39] <Dorian> "Ok, then. One quick question: Maximum accepted colateral?"
[23:39] <@Spiritcurse> "Not me, not you, not robot."
[23:40] <Dorian> "So, the bar means not much, I'm guessing?"
[23:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Addendum. My dinner."
[23:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Nah, burn the place down for all I care. Which would be a trick, considering your weaponry."
[23:41] <Dorian> "Fair enough. You may want to be ready to move your food and cover yourself under the table. Also, tricks are what I do best."
[23:41] <Dorian> I grin widely at him, "And you're gonna love this one."
[23:41] <Dark> "I stand and shoot and dont get hurt back much"
[23:41] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm no beginner to this, I'm ready to move. And this had better be good."
[23:41] <Dorian> "Don't worry, it will be."
[23:42] <@Spiritcurse> Markus reaches into his suit pocket, withdrawing a stealth pistol. He pulls out the magazine, inserting what looks to be a customised one. "Ready."
[23:42] <Dark> I slowly produce my own "Seems i have no choice"
[23:43] <@Spiritcurse> "You've always got a choice, remember. But some get you shot by nasty noodle eating asians."
[23:43] <Dorian> I sit next to him, and draw my pistol, aiming it slyly yet carefully at noone in particular. "Choices, and decisions. Ready to kick things off?"
[23:44] <Dark> I blink
[23:44] <@Spiritcurse> "Always." The hacker sits back, cracking his knuckles and hitting a key. A chip is ejected slowly from the laptop.
[23:45] <Dark> I seem to make a decision finaly and nod
[23:45] <Dorian> "Now!" I smile, and pull the trigger.
[23:47] <@Spiritcurse> Almost in slow motion, a man on the opposite side of the room explodes in the distinctive roar of a fragmentation grenade.
[23:48] <@Spiritcurse> The shrapnel tears through the bar, killing at least 5 and injuring many more. The hacker is ripped apart by simultaneous uzi fire from the room, as almost everyone pulls a gun. Markus flips the table, crouching behind it and aiming for the lights.
[23:48] <Dorian> "Well, that worked!" I say, as I duck behind the table.
[23:49] <Dark> i crouch behind him, fireing a couple of shots as i do
[23:50] <@Spiritcurse> The shots blow apart a few bottles behind the bar, spreading alcohol through the building. One also rips through the neck of a woman, dropping her instantly.
[23:51] <Dark> "Unfortunate..."
[23:52] <@Spiritcurse> "You'll like this." Markus fires a trio of shots at the lights. Two miss, but the third impacts solidly, causing a surge of electricity to blow out the lights. You are left in almost total chaos, the only illumination coming from constant muzzle flashes.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

[20:46] <@Spiritcurse> Marius whirls around the corner, obviously startled by something, and almost collides with the two of you. Behind him, a heavily armoured policeman with a full facial mask raises a gun, and asks in a calm voice "I'll ask again. Who are you?".
[20:46] <%Dorian> "What, him or us?"
[20:46] <%Karkhan> "I think he means me"
[20:47] <@Spiritcurse> "All of you." He raises his voice slightly, and pointedly aims the gun at Marius' head.
[20:48] <%Karkhan> "do I really look the most lethal of this group? look at him!" I gesture at the robot
[20:48] <%Dorian> "Well, I can't say that was unexpected. I'm Mr. Smith." I smile slightly at the anonymity in my name.
[20:48] <%Dark> I tilt my head and step forwad "My name is ACADU unit 105, I have authority"
[20:48] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay, ID from each of you. Why are you here at such an early hour?"
[20:49] <%Dorian> I sigh, and take out my ID, handing it over, "That should be explanation enough."
[20:50] <@Spiritcurse> He looks at it for a few seconds, before chuckling and throwing it back. "I didn't expect to see one of your lot here. This is a Paragon operation, I'd advise you to leave. The 'bot yours?"
[20:51] <%Dark> I nod before holding up my hand, a flash of light showing the ingraving of my serial number and registartion as well as a seal of galactic ingorcment to show my authority
[20:51] <%Dark> "I am not theres. I am an independent law enforcment unit"
[20:52] <@Spiritcurse> "Bounty hunter? Enoch is not going to be pleased. Why you running with him?" He jerks a thumb at Mr Smith.
[20:52] <%Dorian> I catch the ID, "Hey, don't look at me, we get bounty hunters to work with us from time to time."
[20:53] <%Dark> "Events have lead to it. It was neither planned nor optimal yet it was requred"
[20:53] <%Dorian> "That too."
[20:53] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, good on you. But still, this is our op, clear off. Unless you want to help, I suppose."
[20:53] <%Karkhan> "what is the op exactly?"
[20:53] <%Dorian> "What you up to? Helping out a fellow in the business is always good for PR."
[20:54] <@Spiritcurse> "Told you a second ago, smuggler's gonna be turning up in a while, and we're to make sure he doesn't leave."
[20:55] <%Dorian> "Well. Seems like it'd be good for everyone involved. Sure, I'll help."
[20:55] <@Spiritcurse> "Right, you armed?"
[20:55] <%Dorian> "What do you think?"
[20:56] <%Dark> "I am here to assist local enforcment where it is needed" I blink
[20:56] <%Karkhan> "no, nope I'm just a highly suspious looking pacafist"
[20:56] <@Spiritcurse> "You'd be a fool not to be. Right, we could do with another sniper, a pilot, and probably a hacker. Any of you think you can manage that?"
[20:57] <%Karkhan> "I can deal with the hacker"
[20:57] <%Dorian> "I can do co-pilot, to an extent."
[21:00] <@Spiritcurse> "Got it. In that case, you get somewhere comfortable, and you'll probably want to be on that crane." He gestures to Marius and Mr Smith in turn.
[21:01] <%Dorian> "Well, this might be fun." I grin, and wander off towards the crane, whistling as I go.
[21:01] <%Dark> I draw both my guns and move to stand beside her, blinking several times
[21:01] <%Karkhan> I stroll back towards the ship already docked here
[21:04] <@Spiritcurse> "As for you, ACADU, you'll probably want to stick with one of the others, save them from a case of lead poisoning."
[21:05] <%Dark> "My primary objective is now the protection of law enforcment. Not some hackers and rogues that I have met on the way"
[21:05] <@Spiritcurse> "We're not the law. We're probably the next best thing though."
[21:06] <%Dark> "That is acceptable"
[21:07] <@Spiritcurse> "In that case, hang about, try not to die."
[21:07] <%Dark> "I belive the term is 'No shit Sherlok'"
[21:08] <@Spiritcurse> "Less of your cheek, we're about to get shot at. Look up."
[21:09] <@Spiritcurse> A helicopter is approaching, although at a fairly low angle - it appears about to land.
[21:09] <%Dark> "Possible hostile units embound. Activating combat systerm and protical"
[21:11] <@Spiritcurse> The soldier laughs slightly, raising their own rifle and sighting down it.
[21:12] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter looks seconds away from landing, and the loud chopping makes conversation, or even concentrating, rather difficult. A shot now would be easy to make.
[21:15] <%Dark> "Engage?"
[21:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Yep, you ready?" She raises a radio and gestures for you to nod once you've taken aim.
[21:17] <%Dark> I raise my guns and narrow my eyes before giving a slight nod
[21:18] <@Spiritcurse> She barks into her radio, and the dockyard bursts into life.
[21:21] *** Karkhan quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- \o/)
[21:27] <%Dorian> I lay my hands on the controlls, poised and ready to grab the helicopter as soon as it lands.
[21:29] <@Spiritcurse> The soldiers lay down a hail of fire, smashing the windows of the helicopter out. Judging by the resistance it puts up, the windows are reinforced.
[21:31] <%Dark> I am silent as i begin shooting with my guns, a mix between actually trying to do somthing and simply doing it for effect
[21:36] <@Spiritcurse> One of the bullets trails through the remains of the front window, impacting solidly with the chest of the pilot. He slumps with a brief cry.
[21:37] <%Dark> "Pilot netulized"
[21:38] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter's now sleek descent now slightly spoiled by the fact that the pilot is bleeding and vomiting all over the controls still results in a landing, and several men leap from the back. One immediately begins running for the exit, while the others raise guns. You hear a scream as a man is dragged from the back by another armed smuggler.
[21:40] <%Dorian> I smile, "Showtime!" The controls dancing inexpertly under my hands, the crane shoots forward and graps at the now landed helicopter, aiming to grap the tail and, if possible, one of the main blades.
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> You manage to pin the helicopter, lifting it a few metres into the air.
[21:59] <%Dorian> Grinning, I pull out a machine pistol and level it at the helicopter, waiting for anyone to exit the vehicle.
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> The 'copter is most likely empty now, and you doubt you could take out the man holding the hostage from this range with a machine pistol.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> The Paragon soldiers don't seem to have expected the hostage, and hold their fire, each aiming for a different one.
[22:02] <%Dark> "Hostage is of a valible nature?"
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> "We don't know, but I'm not letting a hostage die."
[22:04] <%Dark> "Of course. Primary objective changed. Secure the safty of hostage"
[22:05] <@Spiritcurse> "Yep, THEN kill all of them. You got that? Or, I suppose, negotiate."
[22:06] <%Dark> "ACADU combat rules often lay out negotiate as quote 'fill the hostiles with many many many bullets and then arrest'. Unless ordered otherwise"
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> "I like your style. Let's roll."
[22:07] <%Dark> "Affermative"
[22:07] <%Dorian> "Wait, we're moving? Noone told me!"
[22:08] <@Spiritcurse> "We're going to try his style. You got a gun? Or hell, an IFF sensor?"
[22:09] <%Dorian> "Former, take a look" I wave the machine pistol, "Latter, I'm not thick. You're in awesome armor, he's a robot, I'm in a goddamn pinstriped suit. They aren't."
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> "I meant check the hostage, see where he's from."
[22:10] <%Dark> "It would be preferable to have an ID on the hostage"
[22:10] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, we've got nothing. Paragon figured that guns, armour and our... other stuff would be enough to keep us going."
[22:11] <%Dark> "Other stuff?"
[22:12] <%Dorian> "Yeah, good question."
[22:12] <@Spiritcurse> "Experimental tech. Hopefully it won't be needed."
[22:12] <%Dorian> "Ah. The stupid stuff."
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, seems to be a tradition. Send us to the crime scene to test out the tech."
[22:13] <%Dark> "Once the hostage is secure you shall be free to test all the 'tech' you wish"
[22:14] <%Dorian> "Don't let them use the stupid stuff! That crap always goes wrong!"]
[22:14] <@Spiritcurse> "Excellent." The helipad is slightly raised above a few crates, so if you wanted to get closer without being seen, you could probably make it.
[22:15] <%Dorian> I glance over to the helipad and the hostages, "Well, what're we going to do, then?"
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Rescue that guy, then start testing."
[22:15] <%Dark> "Affermative. Primary objective: Hostage. Secondary: designationg testing 'fun'"
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> "Excellent. Core, you got a bead on the guy?"
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> After a few seconds, she nods and says "Right, we're good. You two ready?"
[22:17] <%Dark> "Affremative"
[22:18] <%Dorian> "I'm good with whatever, whenever."
[22:21] <%Dark> "Advance" I say as I jog towards the crates, keeping low so as to avoid being seen
[22:22] <%Dorian> I climb out of the crane and follow, checking the clip on my gun.
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> The gun is full and ready, with the safety wisely deactivated.
[22:24] <@Spiritcurse> You get against the helipad, but judging by the clanks, have probably been heard.
[22:24] <%Dark> I raise my hand and gesture for the others to remain hidden given my give away noise
[22:25] <%Dorian> "Goddamn it, robot, you need padded feet." I growl quietly as I catch up to ACADU, my expresion now serious.
[22:26] <%Dark> "I gestured for you to remain hidden. I was going to draw them away with distraction monova 21"
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> A couple of the paragon soldiers take up stealthed positions, while another stands on a crate, holding up a megaphone.
[22:29] <@Spiritcurse> "RELEASE THE HOSTAGE, AND AT LEAST THREE OF YOU WILL LEAVE ALIVE."
[22:31] <%Dark> "Terms: unacceptable. Begin ACADU negotiations" I then abruptly swing around and fire
[22:34] <%Dorian> "What!? No, this one's mine!" I jump out under the guns and make a dash for the helipad steps.
[22:37] <@Spiritcurse> He is answered by an immediate hail of bullets, but you manage to jerk out of the way just in time. Your suit, however, is not so lucky, and takes minor damage.
[22:38] <%Dorian> "Oh, you are so fucking dead!"
[22:43] <@Spiritcurse> One of the injured men cries out, dropping to the ground and bleeding heavily from the neck. About a second later, a loud crack rings out, and one of the friendly soldiers mutters "Nice one Core" into a radio.
[22:47] <%Dark> I level my guns at the one not holding the hostage "Lay down you're weapons and cease this violence"
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> "I will if you will." The three survivors move to be on the other side of the helicopter to where the sniper shot from.
[22:49] <%Dark> "Cease your movement. I am a unit of the intergalactic police, you have my word that should you lay down your arms now you will be given a fair trail for your crimes"
[22:51] <@Spiritcurse> "You've got no power here! This system hasn't seen outsiders in decades." They continue to move, obviously terrified of the sniper.
[22:51] <%Dorian> I turn and level my machine pistol at them, "Well, you've had banks for a time, haven't you?"
[22:52] <%Dark> "Cease your movments now"
[22:52] <@Spiritcurse> "Yes, and? The soldiers are Paragon, not Zentra." They stop, now comfortably in the shadow.
[22:53] <%Dorian> "And that makes you think I am?"
[22:53] <@Spiritcurse> "You're working together now? Since when?"
[22:54] <%Dorian> "Since I found out about your past, that's when. Noone leaves Zentra."
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> "What? No, there's been a mistake, I didn't leave."
[22:56] <%Dorian> "Well, the up-to-date database I've got says you did. Coincidence?"
[22:56] <@Spiritcurse> "Could have been hacked, probably by that guy." He points to one of the paragon soldiers behind you.
[23:00] <%Dorian> "Well, one phone call can fix this. Name?"
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> "I think not."
[23:01] <%Dorian> I level my gun at his head, "Name?"
[23:02] <%Dark> "Perhaps we should discuss this once the hostage has been secured and weapons removed" I say, my voice lowered in vomun
[23:02] <%Dark> volumn*
[23:03] <%Dorian> I smile, "Well, I may now have your name, Lonny."
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> He snatches for your gun, twisting aside as he does so. However, he fails to break your grip.
[23:04] <%Dorian> I sigh, reach inside my jacket, and pull another gun out, leveling at his head again. "Let go."
[23:04] <%Dark> I aim my guns again "Again. Surrender. Immidiatly"
[23:05] <@Spiritcurse> He reaches inside his own jacket with his other hand, pulling out a knife and pointing it at first at the robot, then at the man, then sighing and dropping it.
[23:06] <%Dark> "Your choice is the correct one"
[23:06] <@Spiritcurse> The injured man looks white, either out of fear or blood loss, but most likely a bit of both. He starts to back away.
[23:07] <%Dark> I walk over to him and level the gun at him "Stay" before turning towrds the hostage
[23:08] <@Spiritcurse> He freezes, turning back to you, pulling out his own gun and pressing it against the back of your head.
[23:08] <%Dorian> "Good man." I smile, and twist my gun out of his hand. I then aim this first gun at the man aiming at ACADU.
[23:09] <%Dark> I raise my guns towards the man aiming at me, keeping the other one at the injured man on the floor
[23:09] <@Spiritcurse> The man holding the hostage pulls out a knife, holding it against the other hostage. His other hand pulls out a gun, pointing it at Mr Smith.
[23:10] <%Dorian> I grin. "Stalemate."
[23:10] <%Dark> I move the gun pointing at the injured man to aim towards him
[23:11] <@Spiritcurse> "At some point, we're going to have to fire." The injured man says.
[23:14] <@Spiritcurse> The man who'd dropped his knife earlier slowly picks it off the floor, and readies it to throw at the ACADU.
[23:14] <%Dorian> "Indeed." I grin, and sight down the gun aimed at the injured man, lining up the iron sights with his head. "This might just go badly, and not for us."
[23:15] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm guessing at least four of us will die."
[23:15] <%Dorian> "True. ACADU, you got the guy with the hostage?"
[23:15] <%Dark> "I calculate none will leave uninjured and four will die
[23:16] <@Spiritcurse> "You can have the hostage, we get to leave unharmed. Deal?"
[23:16] <@Spiritcurse> "And we get to keep the cargo in the chopper."
[23:17] <%Dorian> "This sounds good for us. However, Mr. Syn here will have to come with me, and I doubt the Paragon guys down there will be that happy."
[23:17] <%Dark> "You proposition is acceptable"
[23:18] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay, back off, and drop the guns."
[23:18] <%Dorian> "Yeah, no. Backing off will be done all at once, and I am not dropping my guns."
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay." They back off very slowly, not once dropping their aim, and dragging the hostage with them.
[23:19] <%Dark> "Hostage is to remain in place!" I bark, switching both guns towards the one dragging him
[23:19] <%Dorian> I begin to back off, keeping my guns trained mainly on the injured man and the one I refered to as 'Lonny'
[23:21] <@Spiritcurse> The one dragging the hostage nods, kicking his hostage to the floor. He mutters into a throat mic "Byte, get the crane off".
[23:21] <@Spiritcurse> The crane lowers the helicopter to the ground before releasing it and powering down.
[23:22] <%Dorian> "And there's where you went wrong." I smile a humorless smile, and, bracing myself, pull the triggers on both my machine pistols.
[23:24] <%Dark> As i pick up the sound of gun fire i spin one of my guns from the man that was carrying the hostage to one of the men beside him, keeping the first gun on the first man
[23:27] <@Spiritcurse> The injured man is ripped apart before he has chance to scream, his blood decorating the floor.
[23:28] <@Spiritcurse> The other man similarly dies, but not before his finger has chance to squeeze on the trigger. Blood blooms on Mr Smith's neatly ironed shirt.
[23:29] <%Dorian> The smile frozen on my face, I colapse to the ground, blood seeping out thanks to my still-living heart beat.
[23:35] <%Dark> As the sudden weapons free situation floods the area with the sound of gun fire, i open fire out of impulse, one of my guns missing wise whilst the other hits the man that had been dragging the hostage across the chest, hurling him backwards
[23:40] <%Dark> As sudden silce falls across the area, I pause and blink as I look around the dead and KO'd
[23:41] <%Dark> "That was....interesting" I say before beginning to collect those that arnt dead
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next