TES Campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 am

Here is where the loggage will be placed from the TES game we've just started.

The following are comprised of PM logs, which later merge into a joint channel.

First off; the logs with the character Illenat:

[21:43] <Codex> The midday sun hangs over the small tent, east of the boating city of anvil. It's peircingly bright infact.
[21:45] <Codex> Where are is it that Illenat's whimsey takes him today?
[21:47] <Spiritcurse> With a few muffled complaints, I rise from my bed, and decide to go to the city - with luck, a ship will have come in, lending the perfect chance for a little larceny.
[21:48] <Codex> You set off at a brisk walk across the landscape towards the front gates of Anvil. There's an unusual amount of guards at the front today, the stables also appear packed.
[21:49] <Codex> You're about 200 yards away from the gates.
[21:49] <Spiritcurse> I decide instead to visit the stables and look for the least busy stablehand, surely they could tell me what the event is.
[21:51] <Codex> A lanky dunmer is mumbling to himself dangerously close behind one of the horses. You assume it's because this area is shaded.
[21:52] <Spiritcurse> "Any idea what's going on? Not seen the place this busy in a long time."
[21:53] <Codex> Upon your speaking, the horse loudly whinneys and kicks, narrowly missing the dunmer, who skillfully waves his head out of the way. You assume he doesn't want to leave this shady patch. He begins to mumble,
[21:55] <Codex> "I don't know to be honest. Something about some Imperial inspection. The boat's bin' having a lot of trouble with pirating recently.
[21:55] <Spiritcurse> "Hmm, I don't suppose there's chance for a hunter to find work here then?"
[21:56] <Codex> Their horses are fucking spoiled, I can tell you that for sure."
[21:56] <Codex> The elf mumbles a little more. "I dunno about that, an honest hunter could find some work I suppose, for a lot of hungry guardsmen, used to feasting themselves silly..."
[21:57] <Codex> "A dishonest man might even think about all their fat coinpurses and how to get something out of them."
[21:58] <Codex> "Now, go on, get. I have work to do."
[21:59] <Spiritcurse> I give a short laugh, and bid the elf goodbye. A few seconds later, I stroll up to the gates and attempt to pass through without attracting too much attention.
[22:01] <Codex> The gates are wide open, a guard nods at you as you pass and continues to watch the skulky looking elf in the stables.
[22:02] <Spiritcurse> Returning the nod, I cast my eyes about for a tavern, or failing that, the nearest marketplace.
[22:03] <Codex> Looking around through the gates you see several houses leading up hill, the church dominating the sky and the Mage's and Fighter's guilds, directly opposite you.
[22:04] <Codex> On the left is a small pond, next to which a begger resides.
[22:05] <Spiritcurse> I decide to head up the road with the houses, figuring that there must be a shop or tavern close to housing.
[22:11] <Codex> Looking around you spot a few stalls, a couple of open doors of shops and a tavern.
[22:19] <Spiritcurse> Figuring the tavern to be just as good a place as any to make a quick bit of gold, I slip in through the door and wander towards the bar - close enough to the crowd to blend in, but not close enough to raise any suspicion.
[22:23] <Codex> A large Orcish barman spots you as you walk through the door, there's a clatter of armour coming from around the other side of the bar, as the bar contains the middle of the large room, barring the edges around it, so that the back is accessible.
[22:23] <Codex> He gives you a nod and asks in the rough voice of a man with many troubles "What'll it be?"
[22:24] <Spiritcurse> "Nothing for me right now thanks, I'm supposed to be meeting a friend here"
[22:26] <Codex> The orc nods slowly, "Alright, just shout me if ya' need anything. And don't be causin' no trouble. I've got enough on my plate with all these guards about."
[22:26] <Codex> He puts a slight emphasis on Guards.
[22:28] <Spiritcurse> I look at the guards, trying to spot any that look incredibly drunk, and preferably sat alone.
[22:41] <Codex> Around you you see a couple of disgruntled orcs at the bar, along with a redguard and a man in full steel armour. There are two guards getting merry on the right of the bar, although they aren't quite drunk yet, they're fairly distracted. The back of the room is too crowded to accuratley say exactly what's going on there, but there appears to be another 4 or so guards.
[22:44] <Spiritcurse> I stroll up to behind the two guards, making it look like I'm merely wandering, bored of waiting for my friend. As I do, I slip my hand down and try to cut the purse of a guard, and then keep walking.
[22:49] <Codex> You succesfully keep grab the purse of the guard and continue into the tavern, looking into the back for a seat.
[22:51] <Codex> In the back there appears to be a friendly brawl, between a nord and a burly looking breton, there's a couple of free tables left.
[22:52] <Spiritcurse> I sit at a table and put my loot in my pockets, before pulling the coins out to check how much was there, leaving the purse in my pocket - no need to risk him recognising it.
[22:54] <Codex> there's a large amount of cheering as the breton goes down, a bosmer in full plate mail steps into the ring of onlookers and helps the Breton up, then takes his place infront of the Nord.
[22:55] <Codex> You've picked up a good 52 coins, well done! That's a fat purse. Let's hope that the guard doesn't realise. As you look around the tavern once more, you notice the Orcish bouncer stood behind the door, eyeballing you.
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> I watch the bosmer with interest, but make sure I can't be recognised too easily. For one thing, this involves covering my ears with my hair. This achieved, I check the bosmer for any insignia, pretending not to notice the bouncer.
[22:57] <Codex> The shoulder pad of the bosmer glimmers with a Fighter's Guild crest upon it, panic over. The bouncer however, has not stopped looking at you yet.
[22:58] <Spiritcurse> I breath a somewhat noticable sigh of relief, and then look around for the toilets.
[22:59] <Codex> There are three doors on the bottom floor, along with stairs by the door. One of the doors is not labeled, the others are labeled 1 and 2.
[23:02] <Spiritcurse> After watching for a few seconds to see if anyone enters or leaves any of the rooms, I stroll up to the bar, keeping a safe distance from the guards and the door.
[23:03] <Codex> The orc barman turns to you and asks "So, what'll it be?"
[23:04] <Spiritcurse> "Just a snack for now, any venison? And, could you tell me where the toilet is, if there is one?"
[23:08] <Codex> The Orc nods, looking at your face all the while, as he reaches under the wide square bar to pick up a slab of vension. "That'll be 7 gold, toilet's that one over there." He points towards the unmarked door.
[23:09] <Codex> He nods and immediately moves over to another patron who ordered a drink, leaving the vension on the table.
[23:10] <Spiritcurse> I leave the gold in a neat pile on the bar, and begin eating my snack. I try to catch a glimpse inside the bathroom, hopefully getting an idea of how big the window is and if it can be opened.
[23:11] <Codex> There is no window in the toilet, just a shabby looking toilet that leads to the newly placed sewer.
[23:13] <Spiritcurse> I feign having an idea, and catch the barman's eye. "I've just thought, my friend could well have been staying here, do you rent rooms out?"
[23:16] <Codex> The barman whips up the gold and appears happier with your presence. Yes we do, 15 gold a night. I could probably tell you if you're friend's here ya' know.
[23:17] <Spiritcurse> "Could you? He'd be an imperial fellow, most likely reluctant to give his name, or he'll have given a fake. Usually lightly armoured, fair hair and skin."
[23:19] <Codex> The barman shakes his head. "Not had any Imperials in today barring the ones sporting the fancy armour. Maybe your friend hasn't got here yet." The barman rests and elbow on the table and begins cleaning a flask out.
[23:21] <Spiritcurse> "Trust him to be late. If he arrive, let him know that Arrani's looking for him, yeah? I'd best be off, thank you for the snack." I turn and leave, feeling I may as well face the music.
[23:24] <Codex> As you approach the door, the Orc bouncer puts an arm out to close the door infront of you, but as he does this, there is a loud clatter of armour in the back of the tavern as the Nord from earlier is thrown through the table you were sitting at.
[23:25] <Spiritcurse> "Well, looks like I moved at the right time. Is there a problem?"
[23:25] <Codex> The bouncer grunts at you and walks to the back of the room to put an end to the brawling.
[23:26] <Spiritcurse> Nodding with satisfaction, I walk briskly away from the bar, surreptitiously tossing the empty purse to the ground.
[23:34] <Codex> As you look around outside, the smell of fish hits your nostrils, and a man selling trinkets is being rather loud about it at his stall.
[23:37] <Spiritcurse> I walk up to the trinket merchant and begin inspecting his goods, paying particular attention to one, a small ring. "How much is this, sir?"
[23:39] <Codex> "Ahh, this one I found while dungeoneering in the deepest reaches of hargrove caves, near bruma.
[23:40] <Codex> I had a mage identify it for me, it's a ring of lithness. Allows you to cast spells Silently. An absolutely beautiful ring too, if I do say so myself."
[23:40] <Spiritcurse> "You're a dungeoneer yourself? Do you still go on expeditions?"
[23:42] <Codex> "Ahh, that time is behind me now." The dark haired Imperial steps out from behind the stall to show a gnarled leg. "Giants, vampire bite. The ring makes spells silent, but not invisible." He gives a light chuckle. "Barley made it to a healer in time!"
[23:44] <Spiritcurse> "You get yourself cured alright then? I take it you're a proficient spellcaster?"
[23:47] <Codex> "Well," The imperial begins, "I wouldn't say proficient, but magic is a very useful tool to an adventurer. I prefered a good fireball and a sword between the eyes of my enemies, along with a smidge of alteration just to get me by."
[23:47] <Codex> "Unfortunately, I never learnt how to cure diseases, although I would have loved to."
[23:48] <Spiritcurse> "I agree, I'm a beginning caster myself. Still prefer my bow and my wits though, I must say. Would you be able to train me?"
[23:51] <Codex> "I dunno' about that friend, I'd love to, but I'm not a good teacher at all. I have a friend at the mage's guild though, who would probably be interested in the coin."
[23:52] <Spiritcurse> "Well, I could do some work for you - I could search dungeons and fight through them, you can research likely spots and sell the items that I find, if you like?"
[23:53] <Codex> The Imperial's eye's light up at the prospect of the business, until he realises he might be getting a little ahead of himself.
[23:54] <Spiritcurse> "It could work well - I'd take any equipment I'd need from the haul, bring the rest to you, and we split the profits between us."
[23:56] <Codex> "That sounds amazing honestly, but I'm not certain... Tell you what, My friend at the guild has been after a particular artifact. Deadric in nature, so I've not really went for it myself."
[23:57] <Spiritcurse> "If I can retrieve it, you'll consider the idea? What, and where is it?"
[23:58] <Codex> "I don't have all the detail's myself. Folk frown on deadric stuff. If I give you his info, and retrieve the item for him, you bring me the money and we'll split it 50/50, how's that sound? I'll even throw a spell tome in it for you, before you go."
[23:58] <Codex> "See," the imperial leans in, signalling for you to do so also.
[23:59] <Spiritcurse> "Sounds good to me." I lean in, wondering what he wants.
[00:07] <Codex> "I'm only Five hundred coins from getting a proper healer down from Chorrol to fix my leg. If can get some good deals on these trinkets I own, I'll be able to go out again. I can't stand it here, being a trader." He stands up straight again "So what do you say?"
[00:08] <Spiritcurse> "I'm in. Who do I need to speak to?"
[00:10] <Codex> Nanandil, he's a conjurer in the Mage's Guild down the road there. Tell him Cocius sent you about that Artifact. He'll give you the details."
[00:11] <Spiritcurse> "I will do. See you soon, Cocius." I walk down to the mage's guild with a spring in my step, having found a way of making frankly amusing amounts of gold.
[00:15] <Codex> As you enter the Mage's guild, there is a High-Elf stood behind a desk, juggling blue sphere's of energy up and down.
[00:17] <Spiritcurse> I nod to him, and murmur a few words under my breath before outstretching a hand. A small dragon grows from a blue flame in the palm of my hand, and begins pawing at my arm. "Hello there, could you direct me to Nanandil?"
[00:19] <Codex> The High Elf maiden looks up startled. One of the balls hits the ceiling and explodes into a shower of blue powder, which disaperates before reaching your head.
[00:19] <Codex> "Oh! Of course, could I ask who you are first though please?"
[00:21] <Spiritcurse> "I'm Illenat, and yourself? And this is Maldun."
[00:21] <Codex> The other two balls that were being juggled just disaperate before touching the desk, though they would have done if they could have.
[00:22] <Codex> "Greetings Maldun!" The high elf grins at the illusion in the palm of your hand. "I wonder who the master is, hmm?" She proceeds to giggle.
[00:23] <Codex> "My name is Calmanin, Sorcerer." Nanandil is just in the back.
[00:24] <Spiritcurse> I close my hand and the dragon vanishes in a puff of blue flame. "You like him? Based on a book I read as a kid. Thanks, I'll see you later." I proceed into the back, smiling and whistling a cheery tune.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Following is the PM session from the character Conjor:

[23:09] <Codex> The sun blazes through the window of the mages guild, onto your face as you stir from a bed on the bottom floor. It's looks fairly late in the day.
[23:12] <Codex> Probably time to get up. Perhaps it's time to find out what time it is.
[23:12] <Dark> I give a rather large yawn as I look around the room, wondering why its so late
[23:13] <Dark> Grabbing my things, I walk out of the bedroom
[23:17] <Codex> Directly outside of the room is a desk behind which a High-Elf stands. She appears to be practising restoration spell. As you remember, she is the leader of this branch of the mages guild and her name is Calmanin.
[23:17] <Dark> "Good morning" i nod respectfully towards her "Or is it afternoon now?"
[23:21] <Codex> "Afternoon now apprentice, just gone midday. Nanandil just brought some fish back from the market though if you're hungry."
[23:23] <Dark> "Ah wonderful. Sleeping in allways leaves me hungry" I grin
[23:26] <Dark> "Tell me though" I pause as I walk by "Does this branch have any documents about the Deadra? Books? Scrolls?"
[23:27] <Codex> The elf thinks for a moment.
[23:28] <Codex> "I don't know much about that, conjuration isn't my strong point. Try Nan', he's got a lot of experience with deadra. Loves that blasted imp of his." She tosses a light blue-gold sphere into the air, which explodes silently, leaving a shower of blue disaperating dust around her.
[23:29] <Dark> "Very nice" I chuckle at her display "And thank you, if you need anything of me...I sharnt be hard to find" I then turn and walk in the direction that promises food
[23:33] <Codex> In the back of the guild, a short high-elf stands with an even smaller imp. He appears to be in the middle of cooking a second fish with a fireball spell. The smell is filling the hall.
[23:34] <Dark> "Ah...a wonderful smell" I smile as I walk up, my lizard like snout sniffing the air gently
[23:36] <Codex> "Ah greetings, Calm (Carlmmm) was talking about you earlier."
[23:37] <Codex> "I am Nanandil, Sorcerer."
[23:38] <Dark> "I pleasure" I bow my head "I am Conjor. An apprentice in the guild"
[23:39] <Codex> Nanandil bows also, "Well met. How can I help you?"
[23:39] <Codex> Nanandil moves on to another fish, placing his second down on the table next to him.
[23:40] <Dark> "I seek knowledge on the Deadra, it is why I have come to this city" I glance down at the fish and my tail sways slightly before i streighten again "I was told you were the one I should speak to on this"
[23:45] <Codex> Nanandil takes a seat as he finishes his third fish. He places this one closer to you on the table and takes one off of the pile and puts it on his side of the paper.
[23:48] <Dark> Again I nod as I sit, hoping he had meant that to show the fish was for me. I eat it happily, keeping my eye on his to see his reaction to my question of the Deadra
[23:49] <Codex> "How much experience do you have with Deadra at the moment?"
[23:51] <Dark> "Not much if I'm honest" i sigh, tapping a claw on the table "I've reaserched them and met a couple, but I've never openly fought them or anything like that" I pause "I suppose you could say I'm just looking into them as a hobby or a need to document them further"
[23:53] <Codex> Nanandil waves a hand at his imp, who disaperates.
[23:54] <Codex> What kind of Deadra have you spoken to?
[23:57] <Dark> "Nothing of major rank, most of those I have been able to commune with were just your basic form. Such as that Imp you had before" I blink slowly
[00:00] <Codex> He nods slowly. "Ok, well, I do actually have a particularly interesting book nearby somewhere... A man actually bound and interviewed a series of Deadra and wrote about them, let me see if I can find it somewhere."
[00:00] <Codex> Nanandil stands and turns to the wall of books, with a keen eye, he picks the book out in less than 30 seconds.
[00:01] <Codex> As he sits down, he opens his mouth to issue a warning, with a hand on the book.
[00:01] <Dark> I stall my outreaching hand as he seems to begin talking
[00:02] <Codex> "Deadric magic is corrupting. Remember that, tread lightly, don't ever trust a deadra. Remember that deadra are weak against shock magic's also, incase everything goes wrong.
[00:02] <Codex> Start off small, summon yourself an imp, even if you're an accomplished wizard, things can go wrong without the proper precautions.
[00:03] <Dark> I try to hide the gulp I take before nodding "Yes...yes of course. Thank you. But I dont intend to go summoning any princes or the like...I just want to learn"
[00:03] <Dark> "About them that is"
[00:04] <Codex> " Nanandil places the book into your hand and sighs, "I'm sure that you can handle yourself, you certainly look like you can, however I've seen many an apprentice fall at the first hurdle, thinking it would be easy."
[00:05] <Codex> Nanandil smiles, "I applogise for the negativity, I just don't want blood on my hands, you understand."
[00:05] <Codex> Anything in particular you want to know about Deadra?
[00:06] <Dark> "Of course I do" I bow again "And as I said, I'm not aiming to summon an army or the like, I just want to document them. Errr...how much experiance have you had with them before? The bad ones that is"
[00:08] <Codex> "Atronach's. Difficult but oddly loyal. They don't fool around."
[00:09] <Codex> "If they see you make a mistake they WILL take advantage. Thankfully, they can be slow, because of their hulking size."
[00:10] <Dark> I nod thoughtfully
[00:10] <Codex> "See," he begins,
[00:12] <Codex> "Deadra will take advantage of any mistakes. The contracts that are made with them to bind them into your services are often misleading. The reason I am so serious about this is that so many novices have came in here, intending to summon and imp and ended up keeping poor Calm up for days putting them back together."
[00:13] <Codex> Nanandil pulls some notes from another table. "These are some notes I made from about 15 years ago. Maybe they will help you, it's how I started out in summoning."
[00:14] <Codex> He puts the notes on your side of the table, and he begins to eat his fish. "Please return them when you're done with them though, they have... centimental value at least."
[00:15] <Dark> "Of course" i bow my head again "Thank you for entrusting them to me".
[00:16] <Codex> You hear the door of the Guild open. "It's fine, Conjor was it?"
[00:17] <Dark> "Yes sir. At your service" I glance over my shoulder towards the door
[00:18] <Codex> The door is not in sight, as there is a wall in the way. You'd have to walk around a corner to see it.
[00:19] <Dark> "Would you excuse me? I would like to read these in my study, I shall return them to you in the morning at the latest"
[00:20] <Codex> "It's quite fine, keep them for a week if you wish, just please don't let them get destroyed in any way. Not that I don't trust you, but it is in a new apprentices' general... way to do such things."
[00:22] <Dark> I give a breif chuckle "Especially if they use fire. But I swear to keep them safe" I bow again, deciding not to mention that I use fire magic, and collect the sheets. Placing them gently under my arm, I turn and make my way to the door, my tail swinging slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The following is the chatlogs from the character Hashish:

[22:00] <Codex> The midday sun burns down upon you as you ride the road from anvil, just past Kvatch. The road looks slightly more busy than usual. With guards, at any rate.
[22:04] <Dorian> I glance around, looking for anyone who might be after my hard-earned cash, who might be selling something for much less than it's value, or who just looks weird.
[22:06] <Codex> There are two Imperials clad in Imperial armour, riding black steeds. They are fairly audible with one another, though are out of earshot at the moment. They appear to be heading down the road towards anvil, as that is all there is in this direction. Behind you is another guard on his own, though he wears a stern expression on his face.
[22:08] <Dorian> I shrug, and continue riding, aiming to move past the Imperials as I say "Prehaps Hashish will find someone to barter his wares to later."
[22:09] <Codex> As you pass the Imperials, you over hear a snippet of conversation.
[22:10] <Codex> "Haha, and then, the guy goes red in the face and starts bellowing orders! It was unreal. I can't believe *inaudable* so many of us t..."
[22:10] <Codex> The conversation leaves earshot as you canter on ahead.
[22:18] <Codex> As you move on ahead, you catch sight of an Imperial man who appears to be fully laden with an assortment of different holding things, such as a large backpack and a saddle that looks like it has about 50 pockets.
[22:18] <Codex> He's moving at a trot on his horse.
[22:20] <Dorian> I draw level to him, "Sir, could Hashish ask as to whether he had anything to bater with you?"
[22:24] <Codex> The Imperial looks startled and looks you up and down before answering.
[22:24] <Codex> "Trader, are you?"
[22:24] <Codex> "I have a few things I'm taking to Anvil for my cousin there. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me trading a few things, if you have the coin."
[22:25] <Dorian> "I have naught but the coin, friend."
[22:28] <Codex> The Imperial smiles and opens his satchel. "Enchanted trinkets are what I'm delivering, along with a few other things like food and wine."
[22:29] <Dorian> "The enchanted exquisites catch Hashish's eye, but I lack the coin and need for such finery. The food, however, Hashish needs."
[22:32] <Codex> Still trotting forwards, the imperial nods and closes the satchel, reaching for a slightly larger pocket on the saddle of his horse. As he leans the horse looks slightly disgruntled. "Fair enough friend, I got bread, Skingrad cheese and berries from way up in bruma."
[22:32] <Dorian> "Hashish would like to know how much for the bread and the cheese."
[22:36] <Codex> The man pulls out two loaves and checks the distance between him and Anvil. It's just coming into sight now, about an hour's swift ride away.
[22:36] <Codex> Call it 5 septims for the bread and another 3 for the cheese?
[22:37] <Dorian> "Hashish thanks you for your generosity." I say, as I hand over the quickly accessed coin and reach to take the bread and cheese.
[22:39] <Codex> The man passes over the loaves and some cheese. "I got a bottle o' Tamika West for another 5 if you're interested?"
[22:40] <Dorian> "Thank you, but Hashish does not drink. The alcohol is bad for the stomach of the Khajit, no?"
[22:42] <Codex> The imperial closes the pocket and nods, "Right you are, my friend. Makes it hard to get a good deal, eh?" The man chuckles.
[22:44] <Dorian> "Indeed." I purr, as I start to ride off. "Hashish is thanking you for selling him his next meal!"
[22:45] <Codex> "Not a problem friend, Safe travels!" He begins to wave and smile, as if he thinks he didn't just lose a good 5 septims.
[22:52] <Codex> About 45 minutes away from Anvil, you come across a tavern. There are a fair amount of horses outside it, under a wooden canopy.
[22:57] <Dorian> I pull my mule to a stop outside the tavern and, roping it up, go inside.
[23:03] <Codex> as you enter, an Elven woman stands behind the bar, hurredly getting drinks for 4 guardsmen. There's an Argonian lady in the back of the tavern, scowling at the Imperials. The Imperials are fairly loud, but don't seem to be causing too much trouble. For guards at any rate.
[23:31] <Codex> You proceed to find a table in the corner whilst the barmaid scurries around after the guard.
[00:01] <Codex> We're going to assume you've been playing cards with a patron at the bar for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~

Joint chatroom, This happens at the end of both Conjur's and Illenat's games:

[00:27] <@Codex> A man enter's whistling a tune. In this room is a wall of bookshelves laden with boobs, bowls of ingredients, etc. An short high elf sits in the middle of the room eating a fish, with a small pile of boobs. An Argonian is just leaving the room.
[00:27] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~
[00:28] <@Codex> BOOKS.
[00:28] <@Codex> BOOKS.
[00:28] <@Codex> Ye' Gods.
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am

Next Seeeeshhhhh. Sans breastcases.

[21:38] <@Codex> When we last left off, illenat had just entered the room as Conjur was leaving. We're in the Mage's guild and a short High-Elf sits at the table with a pile of booKs and a fish.
[21:40] <Dark> I am carrying a set of notes and parchments under one arm, keeping them safe as I walk towards the door
[21:41] <Spiritcurse> "Nanandil? I've been sent to speak to you."
[21:42] <@Codex> The High-Elf looks up at Illenat. "Oh," he pauses, "And who might you be?"
[21:43] <Dark> I pause at the door, frowning at somthing on one of the sheets of paper I carry
[21:43] <Spiritcurse> "Illenat, treasure hunter, explorer, and all-round impressive person. Cocius said you may have some work for me."
[21:45] <@Codex> Nanandil sighs at your manners. "Cocius sure knows how to pick 'em. I do need someone to do a bit of legwork, might involve a little scraping too. The gold's good though. Interested?"
[21:45] <Spiritcurse> "He mentioned retrieving an artifact of somewhat... unorthodox origins. Would that be it?"
[21:47] <@Codex> Nanandil nods. "This is a good oppertunity actually." The elf stands and looks to Conjur. "Conjur, could you come back over here a moment? I have a little task for you."
[21:48] <Dark> "Huh?" I blink as I turn around, seeming surprised people were even in the room after being so focused on my reading "yes...yes of course. How may i be of help?"
[21:49] <@Codex> "You we're just inquiring about deadra and this little job might give you an insight into the workings of summoning in general, and it's often twisted nature. Tell me, do you know much destruction magic?"
[21:51] <Dark> "yes" I nod "I am qualified in the use of fire based spells"
[21:52] <@Codex> Nanandil hides a glance at the notes under Conjur's arm. "Yes, well, would you be so kind as to... Accompany this man to his mark? I'll give you the details in a moment. You can decline if you so wish, but I feel it will be invaluable to your studies."
[21:54] <Dark> I blink and tilt my head before glancing over to Illenat "You are searching for Deadra artifacts?"
[21:55] <Spiritcurse> "I'm searching for treasure in general. Turns out daedric items sell for more coin."
[21:55] <@Codex> "That they do. Now, let me explain about this particular item."
[21:55] <Dark> My tail sways slightly as I look to Nanadil
[21:56] <@Codex> "A small group of Apprentices went out to a cave up just past the Sleepy Hammer, about 45 minutes away north from town."
[21:57] <@Codex> "They took with them an artifact to conduct an experiment on, to identify it's powers."
[21:58] <@Codex> "The problem is, I require that back, and they apparently fled the cave and ran for it about 3 days ago. I've been caught up doing research and tending to new apprentices to take a look myself. Would you go retrieve it for me?"
[21:59] <@Codex> "It's a little statuet, a bust of some deadric princess. Problem is, we haven't figured out which one, as it's so disfigured."
[21:59] <Spiritcurse> "Have you any idea why they fled?"
[21:59] <Dark> "I doubt she would like that" I mutter
[22:00] <@Codex> Nanandil sits down again, continuing his fish.
[22:01] <@Codex> Through a mouthful, he continues. "I've no idea why they have fled, but I've heard reports of deadra in the area. Weak ones mind. Scamps, occasionally an imp, ecetera."
[22:01] <Dark> "Hmm...its possible that they managed to turn the connection in the statue into a small level gate..."
[22:02] <Spiritcurse> "Nothing we can't handle, I'm sure. Anything you could give us to help?"
[22:02] <@Codex> "Mmm, or it could be an artifact like that of Sheogorath's, and be summoning them into this realm."
[22:03] <Dark> "This is true..." I flick through a couple of the notes
[22:03] <@Codex> "All I can say is, it shouldn't be too difficult, but remember that deadra are weak to shock magics, if you know any of them. You might want to find another pair of hands to go with you though, the pay more than compansates a hired hand."
[22:06] <Spiritcurse> "Shall we be off then? You got a map for us?"
[22:07] <@Codex> "I'm afraid I don't, but don't you worry, the tavern I mentioned will be easy enough to spot and from what I've heard, there's enough deadra near there to know when you're close to the cave."
[22:07] <Spiritcurse> "Works for me, I'll see you soon." With that, I turn to leave.
[22:07] <Dark> "Yes Yes, that would make sense" It is unclear if i'm talking to either of you or the notes i'm readig
[22:08] <@Codex> "Good bye, please return soon!"
[22:08] <@Codex> Nanandil turns to Conjur and beckons him closer.
[22:09] <Dark> I say nothing as i lean closer
[22:11] <Dark> I nod and whisper my thanks before placing the notes he had given me on the table "I shall leave these with you, it would be too much of a risk i belive to risk such value on a quest. If it is ok i would like to read them once I return"
[22:13] <@Codex> Nanandil nods once more. "Of course it is, stay safe you two." He waves you both out, apparently hoping to have his last fish in peace.
[22:14] <Dark> Standing, I turn Illenat "I shall occumpany you then"
[22:15] <Spiritcurse> "Sounds good to me, what can you do?"
[22:15] <Dark> "Fire and healing"
[22:16] <Spiritcurse> "Excellent, this shouldn't be too difficult. Want to set off now, or have you got anything you need to do here?"
[22:16] <Dark> "I would just like to get a couple of things from my room" I bow my head "I shall meet you outside the guild in a couple of minutes if you wish"
[22:17] <Spiritcurse> "Perfect, I'll see you soon." I walk away with the smile of an elf who's realised he could soon have more gold than he knows what to do with.
[22:19] <Dark> I have a slight spring in my step as I head to my room, put a few things into my bag and pick up my quaterstaff. When i leave, I say a goodbye to Calmanin and then go out of the guild to meet you
[22:21] <@Codex> There is a silver dagger on the bookshelf next to the exit that Conjur spots.
[22:22] <Dark> Pausing as I leave, I take a few sets of healing potions and the like and put them in my bag. I pick the dagger up and hold it to the light, unsure as to take it
[22:23] <@Codex> Calmanin looks up from her desk and says "You can take that, as long as you bring it back once you're done." She smiles warmly and delves back into the notes she was reading.
[22:24] <Dark> "Of course. Thank you" I nod before placing it into a hidden spot within my robes, thinking it might be best not to show it off. Then, nodding in satisfaction, i head out
[22:26] <@Codex> Outside, the area seems a lot more barren than earlier. The guards must have gone to the docks by now. All that remains is an elderly redguard womand and two city guards at the gate.
[22:27] <Dark> I nod to Illenat as I arrive "I am ready"
[22:27] <Spiritcurse> "Excellent. Then let's go!" I bounce with excitement and begin jogging to the gates without further ado.
[22:29] <Dark> I jog to keep up, nodding to the guards as I go by
[22:30] <@Codex> A guard nods in the response, the gates are already wide open. As you both exit and pass the stables, one side of the gates are shut. It's about a 45 minute trot/jog or an hour and a quater walk to the tavern to the north, but following the road should be enough to get you both there.
[22:32] <Spiritcurse> "I reckon we take the walk slow - no need to wear ourselves out too soon."
[22:33] <Dark> "Agreed" I nod, smiling
[22:35] <Dark> "So" I say after a while "How about you tell me abit about yourself?"
[22:37] <Spiritcurse> "I'm a hunter, came from Valenwood to start with. Left for personal reasons, now I'm wandering. Yourself?"
[22:37] <Dark> "Conjor. I'm a member of the mage guild who is reaserching the Deadra, came here looking for information to document"
[22:38] <Spiritcurse> "Just researching? I know a few people around here get annoyed with anything more."
[22:39] <Dark> "Of course. I have seen to many examples of people trying to control Deadra going baddly to try somthing...like that. And I predict I'm going to get one more example when we find this artifact"
[22:40] <Spiritcurse> "I've never actually met one myself. Seen my fair share of bandits and soldiers, but never a Daedroth."
[22:40] <Dark> "Then let us hope that continues for today, yes?"
[22:41] <Spiritcurse> "Something tells me it won't."
[22:41] <@Codex> Clouds begin to form overhead.
[22:41] <Dark> "And the gods agree it seems"
[22:42] <Spiritcurse> "Wonderful... Any idea how much further? If that cloud breaks, I'd hate to be outside."
[22:43] <Dark> "Shouldnt be long I think. But perhaps we should move a little faster"
[22:43] <Dark> "As much as I enjoy walking that is"
[22:44] <@Codex> The tavern comes into view, but the road ahead looks like a steap incline. A figure riding a slow and heavily laden horse comes into view.
[22:44] <Spiritcurse> "Good point." I break into a light jog, but slow when we come closer to the horseman.
[22:45] <Dark> I do the same, as allways giving a respectfull nod as we pass the horseman
[22:46] <@Codex> The horseman turns out to be a kind faced Imperial man, though the horse looks a little worse for wear. The horse and the man are both laden with satchels and filled bags. The man smiles kindly as you pass.
[22:47] <Spiritcurse> As we pass the man, I nod to him and reach for my dagger. As we pass him, I make a surreptitious slash for the strings holding one bag on, and catch it as it falls.
[22:48] <Dark> I raise a scaled eyebrow at you but say nothing
[22:49] <Spiritcurse> I shrug and continue walking, looking through the bag for anything of interest.
[22:50] <@Codex> The sizable satchel you snagged contains a few things, including 3 loaves of bread, a bottle of wine and a small segment of a wheel of cheese. There is also a dull looking copper ring at the bottom of the bag.
[22:51] <Dark> "You do that often?"
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> "When the mood takes me, why?"
[22:51] <Dark> "Just wondering"
[22:52] <Spiritcurse> "Any idea if this is magical? You're the expert, after all." I ask, holding up the ring.
[22:52] <Dark> I hold out a hand
[22:53] <Dark> "Let me see"
[22:53] <Spiritcurse> I drop the ring into his hand, and begin eating the slice of cheese.
[22:56] <Dark> "Hmm...Its got traces of magic. But I'm afread its practically out of juice. Whoever you just stole from, hes been using it alot"
[22:58] <Spiritcurse> "Ah. Well, it's still nice to have, I guess."
[22:58] <Dark> I regard you slightly before sighing and continuting walking
[22:59] <@Codex> You arrive at the tavern, and wonder whether to enter or simpily pass. You should remember Nanandil's words though. It'd be better to hire another hand.
[22:59] <Spiritcurse> "Stop in at the tavern? We can have a look for a merc."
[23:00] <Dark> I tap my staff onto the ground and nod but mutter sarchasically "I'm sure we will find many reliable people in there"
[23:01] <Spiritcurse> "It's better than nothing. And it means I can test this wine."
[23:01] <@Codex> As you approach further, you note the sign reads "The Lazy Hammer." Ironically, there are nails hanging out of the sign at several angles.
[23:02] <Dark> I give a faint chuckle before falling in behind you, allowing you to lead
[23:03] <Spiritcurse> Walking in carrying the bottle of wine, hair once again covering my pointed ears, I cast my eyes about for anyone who looks like they could fight, or at least run slower than me.
[23:04] <Dark> I pull the hood of my cloak of my head and stay near the door, watching Illenat from afar
[23:05] <@Codex> Upon entering the tavern, you notice immediately that there are four Imperial guardsmen surrounding a tiny table at the door. There is a wood-elf behind the bar, and a Khajit plays cards with an Argoanian maid at the back of the room.
[23:06] <Spiritcurse> Noticing another bosmer, I immediately head to the bar.
[23:09] <@Codex> Noticing you enter, the Bosmer at the bar waves you in, "Hello, Hello, welcome! What are you here for?"
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> "We're looking for fellow adventurers to go on a quest of the greatest importance! Or failing that, a mercenary for a few hours."
[23:11] <@Codex> The elf looks around the tavern. "Well, you're free to take a look around and talk to the patrons. Only regulars we have here is that Argonian lady at the back there. Talk to me if you need anything."
[23:12] <@Codex> The bosmer woman turns to pick up a mug and begins cleaning it.
[23:12] <Spiritcurse> I shrug and approach the Khajit and Argonian, this time, with only a slight intention of larceny.
[23:13] <Dark> I move over to them as well, still keeping my hood up to keep attention off me
[23:14] <Dorian> I glance over my shoulder at the approaching Bosmer, "What is the elf wanting, hmm?"
[23:14] <Spiritcurse> I brush my hair back with a slight frown. "A mercenary, ideally. You reckon you're up to the challenge."
[23:17] <Dorian> "Hashish used to work as a soldier of fortune. Maybe he could get back into that work, no?"
[23:18] <Spiritcurse> "I'm sure you'll do just fine. And I'll tell you what, you'll even get a twenty percent cut of the loot, yeah?"
[23:20] <Dorian> "Pah, twenty percent? Hashish needs more. From what he sees, there is but two of us, and that would be an unfair division, no?"
[23:20] <Spiritcurse> "I'm afraid not, friend. I've got an accomplice with me, and a further two providing magical support."
[23:23] <Dorian> "Is that so? Hashish believes not. If you truly had the support of mages, you would not be seeking aid in such a place as this."
[23:24] <Dark> "He does" i say simply, stepping forwad and pulling my hood down
[23:24] <Spiritcurse> "Items, friend. They supply us with magical artifacts in return for a cut of the loot. Take, for example, this ring." I show him the ring, and use my skills to make it glitter and shine somewhat. The lights are considerably brighter and more vibrant than I intend, and I quickly quiet the illusion.
[23:28] <Dorian> "This may be true, but Hashish sees only one helper." I sigh, and scratch behind one of my ears. "Let us barter later, no? For now, let us just see what we find."
[23:28] <Spiritcurse> "Sounds good to me. Is there anything you need collect, or shall we be off?"
[23:30] <Dorian> "Hashish has some business to tie up, but then we shall be off." I stand up, nod to the Argonian woman, and make my way over to the group of Imperials.
[23:30] <Dark> I sigh and pull my hood back up
[23:31] <Spiritcurse> With a mild look of terror at my own hands, I replace the ring in my pocket and decide to be more careful with magic in the future. Well, the far future.
[23:31] <@Codex> The argonian woman nods and starts to pack up her cards. The Imperials fail to notice your approach over their frivolity.
[23:32] <Dorian> "Excuse me, friends, but are any of you in need of a pack mule?"
[23:33] <Spiritcurse> I stroll up to the imperials, trying to look like an interested customer, and situating myself behind the imperials.
[23:35] <@Codex> The Imperial guardsmen all turn to face the Khajit, quickly going quieter. The foremost one of them says "I doubt any of us carry around the coin to buy a mule on the spot, citizen."
[23:36] <Dorian> "How about between you, friends? I know the garrison is always in need of new pack animals."
[23:36] <Spiritcurse> I look at the Khajit, and the words "Keep them talking" literally form on my lips for a few seconds in glowing blue letters.
[23:37] <@Codex> The guard turns to look around, not seeing the letters on the mouth of the elf. He looks at the faces of his commrades, one of which gives a sort of sideways nod and a smirk.
[23:38] <@Codex> "I suppose, possibely, how much are ya' thinkin'?
[23:39] <Dorian> "I would be asking for a mere 1000 septims, with tack and saddlebags."
[23:42] <@Codex> The foremost guard grits his teeth a little and makes a noise, sort of like a hiss but not in a threatening manner. "I don't think we can stretch to that. What's the state of this mule anyway?"
[23:42] <Spiritcurse> After a brief flash of a dagger and a few well placed grabs, I walk to the door, stuffing 4 fresh coinpurses into my pockets. As I leave, I mutter "I'll be outside, need to restring my bow for this job".
[23:42] <@Codex> All the guards are looking to the face of Hashish at this point.
[23:43] <Dark> I remain in the back, watching them with interest
[23:45] <Dorian> "If you cannot afford that for a fresh mule, then I doubt you can afford any kind of mule." I bow slightly, and turn to leave.
[23:47] <@Codex> The guardsmen looks slightly taken aback, but turns around to his friends and continues his ale. You hear the laugh of the bosmer barmaid as you leave the door. Sounds like no one thought to check if she was watching.
[23:47] <Spiritcurse> Hearing the laugh just as I leave, I turn and wink to the barmaid before closing the door behind me.
[23:49] <@Codex> After about 30 seconds, the barmaid follows you outside and shouts to you. "Hey, you over there, come here a sec!" She appears to be looking to Illenat.
[23:50] <Spiritcurse> I look confused, but walk towards her, stopping just out of easy grabbing distance.
[23:50] <@Codex> She sticks an arm out, just outside of the doorway, "15 gold."
[23:50] <Spiritcurse> "For silence? Done." I reach in my pocket for the coins.
[23:52] <@Codex> "Pleasure doin' business with ya'. Thats another few rounds I don't have to sell and I keep the money for." She winks and turns to re-enter the tavern.
[23:52] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~
[23:53] *** Dark quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- It'll be on slashdot one day...)
[23:54] *** Codex changed nick to Mori


Last edited by Blue starsong on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 pm

20:17] <@Codex> Last session, after robbing a number of larger people with larger weapons than the party, the party is stood outside of a tavern, counting their gold.
[20:21] <Dark> I am stood with my hood still over my head, watching the two in silence as I regard them
[20:21] <Dorian> "Hashish did not enjoy that. His honor as a trader is blemished."
[20:21] <Spiritcurse> "We'd probably better move. I don't trust that bitch."
[20:22] <Dark> "I agree with the feline. That was hardily an act for one with a trust of honor"
[20:23] <Spiritcurse> "I have no respect for the imperials. How I express that is my choice. Now, I don't fancy our odds when they reach for the next round."
[20:25] <@Codex> As the party is arguing, a Scamp rounds the corner of the tavern and spots you, before turning quickly and hopping the fence. It's extremely quick on it's feet.
[20:25] <Dark> "Another freind of yours?"
[20:25] <Spiritcurse> "What in the name of herma-mora was that?"
[20:27] <Dorian> "Vaba Daedra."
[20:27] <Spiritcurse> "A what? It's... I'm almost certain it needs some good hard killing."
[20:28] <Dorian> "Hashish seconds this motion."
[20:29] <Spiritcurse> "Well, that's a two thirds majority. Commence the killing?"
[20:29] <Dorian> I raise my crossbow and take aim. "Indeed."
[20:30] <@Codex> It's been about 30 seconds since the Scamp was sighted and it has gone north, over the small hill behind the tavern.
[20:30] <Spiritcurse> Drawing my knife, I break into a run and begin chasing.
[20:31] <Dorian> "Bah! You should not give chase on foot, friend!" I turn, and mout my horse, before following.
[20:32] <Dark> I jog after them, though clearly still not sure as to what is going on
[20:32] <Spiritcurse> "I'm a bosmer! Chasing our prey on foot is in the blood!" I shout, neglecting to mention the exact reason this is so.
[20:36] <@Codex> As Hashish reaches the top of the hill on his mule, a fireball is flung at him by the scamp.
[20:37] <Dorian> I roll in the saddle slightly, making the fireball pass over my head with a rather satisfying *swoosh* noise.
[20:37] <@Codex> The scamp turns and tries to run northwards again.
[20:47] <Dorian> Righting myself in the saddle, I fire my crossbow at the Scamp. Unfortunately, this makes me overbalance, and sends me flying out of the saddle, knocking me about but leaving me juct concious.
[20:48] <Spiritcurse> Half a second after the scamp is hit by a crossbow bolt, it is hit by an enraged wood elf screaming obscenities at maximum volume. After a brief flash of steel, the scamp twitches and falls dead.
[20:50] <Dark> "Great..." I mutter as I stop running, drawing level with Hashish "Did you have to kill it?"
[20:51] <Spiritcurse> "I think you'll find that was my kill, actually" I chip in, wiping the blood onto the grass.
[20:51] <Dorian> I rub at my bruises-to-be as I stand up. "It was testing us, yes? A target to be had, a kill to be made."
[20:51] <@Codex> After a brief moment on the ground, the Scamp bursts into yellow dust, which floats away in the mild winds. It flows north instead of the direction of the wind.
[20:51] <Dark> "Whatever...at least we know which way it was going"
[20:51] <Dark> "No cat...Hashish was it? Come over here if you will"
[20:52] <@Codex> The bolt that was lodged in the scamps back has fallen to the ground.
[20:52] <Dorian> I limp over, obviously in some degree of pain.
[20:52] <Dark> "Sit" I gesture to the ground next to be and pull my sleeves back
[20:54] <Dorian> I sit, cross-legged, and start to lick at a deep cut on my foot.
[20:55] <Dark> "Please stop that" i mutter as I felx my hands and they begin to glow a goldish colour "Now hold out your wounds"
[20:55] <Dorian> "Hashish cannot, his wounds are everywhere."
[20:56] <Dark> "Then hold out which ever damn bit hurts the most"
[20:58] <Dorian> "That would be the same. Hashish aches to equal proportions all over."
[21:06] <Dark> Grumbling somthing under my breath, I hold my hands over his leg, not touching. The red of my scales is consumed by gold for a second before the glow fades and a sit back, breathing a tad heavier before shaking my head and nodding "There, any better?"
[21:08] <Dorian> I stand up, and roll my neck. "Hashish thanks you, friend."
[21:08] <Dark> "My pleasure. Just dont make a habbit of throwing yourself of a horse ok?" I smile
[21:10] <Dorian> "Hashish will try." I grin slightly, then begin to stand up and walk towards where my horse has gone.
[21:11] *** Spiritcurse quit (Ping timeout)
[21:12] *** Spiritcurse (Spiritcurs@sux-271CA154.mcr-bng-012.adsl.virginmedia.net) joined
[21:17] <Spiritcurse> "We better now? Might be better to walk, given that disaster."
[21:17] <Dark> "And that way" I point north
[21:19] <Spiritcurse> "One of you two go in front. I'm not really a front-line fighter."
[21:20] <Dark> "I'm a mage...do I look like a front-line fighter to you?"
[21:20] <Dorian> I reign my horse in, retrieve the bolt, and climb back on my horse. "Hashish will take rear guard. He needs to heal, and walking and fighting are not good for healing."
[21:21] <Spiritcurse> "Fine, I'll take point..." I set off at a light jog, keeping my knife ready.
[21:21] <Dark> I keep beside Hashish on his horse, probily incase he manages to fall off again
[21:23] <Dorian> I keep my horse at a trot beside the two, and start to lick my wounds - in some cases literally!
[21:24] <@Codex> Up ahead, on the very edge of the parties vision you notice a disgruntled looking scamp walking out of a cave entrance. He rubs his head and stomach and proceeds to walk around the entrance of the cave.
[21:26] <Dark> "Looks like we are in the right place"
[21:27] <Spiritcurse> I duck into the grass and begin crawling a little closer, gesturing for the others to do the same.
[21:27] <Dorian> "Hashish is not feeling too well. He thinks he will take a rest." I dismount, and start to make myself comfortable.
[21:29] <Dark> I nod to him before lying down and following Illenat with a sigh at getting dirt on my robes
[21:29] <Dorian> As I do so, I reload my crossbow, and start to check my surroundings.
[21:33] <Spiritcurse> Once I draw close to the scamp, I ready my bow and take aim, also murmuring a spell under my breath. "Right, if hell breaks loose, we run, agreed?"
[21:33] <Dark> "Most deffinitly" I nod
[21:34] <@Codex> The scamp is walking slowly back and forth outside of the cave, about 50 feet away.
[21:38] <Spiritcurse> After a silent prayer, an arrow escapes, pinning the daedra to the cave wall by the skull.
[21:39] <Dark> "most impressive" I click my tongue
[21:39] <@Codex> Just before the arrow hits the Scamp, he spots it flying towards him and gives a look of "Oh not again" before flying backwards a good few feet.
[21:40] <@Codex> You notice a very dim light from inside the cave.
[21:40] <Spiritcurse> I stand up slowly, nocking another arrow as I go to retrieve my previous one.
[21:41] <@Codex> As the arrow is removed, the scamp bursts into dust, like the last one. The dust gets pulled into the cave rather quickly.
[21:41] <Dark> "That is both interesting and worrying" i mutter as i watch the dust go
[21:42] <Spiritcurse> "It's denying my cash! I've heard your lot pay good septims for their bodies."
[21:43] <Dark> "Indeed" I click again "Perhaps we sound be slow in our advance...I expect there is somthing stronger than Scamps in this place"
[21:44] <Spiritcurse> "That sounds like a fine idea." I move forward quietly, muffling my footsteps and switching to my knife.
[21:45] <Dark> I keep close, looking around constantly and keeping my sleeves pulled up
[21:46] <@Codex> Entering the cave reveals the source of the light source to be a leaky lamp hanging from the ceiling. The cave opens up into a moderate sized room, complete with stalagtites and mites.
[21:48] <@Codex> [Per Check Success]: The floor appears to be coated in a thin layer of oil. On the direct right of the doorway are a few books, 4 bedrolls and a chest. On the opposite side of the room is an entrance to another room.
[21:49] <Dark> I pause at the edge of the oil, frowning slightly as I look around
[21:49] <Spiritcurse> "I'm going to try to get that chest open. If anything walks in, set the place on fire?" With that, I sneak to the chest and prepare my lockpicks.
[21:50] <Dark> "And the fact you will be standing in said oil?"
[21:51] <Spiritcurse> "I'll dodge. I'm a mer, remember, we're more graceful than most."
[21:51] <@Codex> Upon being tried, the chest appears to be unlocked.
[21:52] <Dark> "Suit yourself. On your head be it" I nod and step back away from the oil, keeping my eye on the door on the other side of the room
[21:52] <Spiritcurse> "I'm also a bloody brilliant lockpicker." I lift the lid of the chest, eyes gleaming with the thought of loot.
[21:52] <Dark> "Anything?"
[21:53] <@Codex> The chest contains a few loaves of bread, some food rations and a couple of septims. Unlucky.
[21:53] <Spiritcurse> "Dinner." I pocket the gold quietly, and shove the rest into my bag.
[21:54] <Dark> "Good" I nod
[21:54] <Spiritcurse> Before rejoining the mage, I flick through the books in search of anything useful or arcane-looking.
[21:56] <@Codex> One of the books looks of particular interest, with the traditional symbol for destruction on the front, along with a bolt. The other books appear to be titles similar to "The Lusty Argonian Maid" which itself is covered in some questionable stains.
[21:57] <Spiritcurse> "Here, mage, got something for you." I pocket the destruction book, and throw one of the others.
[21:58] <Dark> "What in the name of..." I roll my eyes at the book as I catch "hardily my sort of text" Tossing it into the oil with out a second glance I look back at the elf "What was the one you took?"
[21:59] <Spiritcurse> "Nothing of importance" I say quickly, blushing.
[22:02] <Dark> I tilt my head at you and give a click my tongue before shrugging and turning back towards the door, this time walking towards it
[22:03] <@Codex> As you approach the entrance to the next room, more yellow dust blows through the entrance of the cave and through the door you're walking towards.
[22:04] <Spiritcurse> "Reckon that's another one being killed?" I follow, flicking idly through my new book.
[22:04] <Dark> "Yes...hopefully by our cat freind and not someone else"
[22:05] <Spiritcurse> "I hope so. I've just thought, what do you think happens to that dust?"
[22:07] <Dark> "Could be many things...sucked back into Oblivion, reformed into new bodies, absorbed by larger of their kind and so on. Whatever it is, somthing is collecting the esscence left by the dead"
[22:08] <Spiritcurse> "I hope not reforming into new bodies. I only have so many arrows." I press forward, sticking to shadows and moving quietly.
[22:08] <Dark> I simply nod as I follow, keeping my 'ears' open for anything
[22:08] <@Codex> Ahead, you hear the sound a scamp, squeaking it's strange noises.
[22:10] <Spiritcurse> I lower my voice, and raise my blade. "You got any idea how to get this one? I can't pull off a good shot inside."
[22:12] <Dark> "Catch it off guard with that blade of yours? My magic may be a not be exactly discreet"
[22:13] <Spiritcurse> "Probably a good idea. Fireball isn't known for its subtlety." I sneak forward, trying to get a bead on the beast.
[22:14] <@Codex> The doorway turns into a tunnel, which opens up into another room. A scamp trundles forwards, looking down and rubbing his head, as if he's had too much mead. Or perhaps been shot in the head. Who knows.
[22:17] <Spiritcurse> As he draws near, I lunge forward, grab him around the neck and slam him into the floor, stabbing downwards. However, misjudging my grip on the blade, it scatters harmlessly off his scales. However, I do still have the beast in a headlock.
[22:18] <@Codex> The scamp begins to squeel loudly and kicks it's legs and scratches with it's arms, trying desperately to get away.
[22:20] <Dark> "Dont suppose you can talk at all?" I say to the scamp, seeminly out of curiosity rather than expectancy
[22:21] <@Codex> The scamp just squeals louder and kicks the ground, as if trying to boot himself out of the way.
[22:21] <Dark> "Ah well, worth a try"
[22:22] <@Codex> It shakes it's head violently and tries to escapse again.
[22:24] <Spiritcurse> Using the shaking to my advantage, I place my blade to its throat and push sharply on the back of its head. After a brief gurgle, it drops dead.
[22:26] *** Dark quit (Connection reset by peer)
[22:32] *** Dark (Dark@sux-DFC12BC4.cable.virginmedia.com) joined
[22:36] <@Codex> The clatter of armour is heard ahead coming from the next room, along with a demonic, almost blood-curdeling scream.
[22:37] <Dark> "Errr...I belive our answer may be coming..."
[22:39] <Spiritcurse> I crouch into the nearest shadow, trying to give myself the most possible protection from whatever's coming. I also click my fingers as a suit of dark plate armour coalesces around me.
[22:40] <Dark> I slump back as far as i can, keeping to the shadows as best as i can
[22:41] <@Codex> After about 20 seconds, the voice shouts:
[22:41] <@Codex> "MORTALS."
[22:41] <@Codex> "Approach me, or I will be your very doom!"
[22:43] <Spiritcurse> In a low whisper, I mutter "the word 'or' seems counterintuitive". However, I stand and dissapate the armour, sheathing my blade.
[22:43] <Dark> "I was just thinking that..."
[22:43] <Dark> i stand too, curious to see what is talking, but keep the elf between the voice and myself
[22:44] <@Codex> The Scamp on the ground bursts into dust once more and flows into the next room, where the voice came from.
[22:45] <Spiritcurse> I shrug, mutter "Herma-mora, preserve me" and walk into the next room.
[22:45] <Dark> "Dust for the dust god..." I for some reason give a chuckle before seeming to realise that this is not the time for jokes
[22:46] <Dark> and follow...slowly
[22:46] <@Codex> The final room is tiny in comparision to the others, a basket like lamp hangs from the cieling above a small statuet. The statuet or "bust" is that of a Khajit, though it's is not recognised.
[22:47] <@Codex> A dremora clad in a suit of deadric armour stands in the middle of the room, 3 steps away from the plineth where the bust stands.
[22:48] <Spiritcurse> "This... can only end well." I proceed slowly towards the dremora, only slightly considering how best to steal the statuet.
[22:48] <Dark> "By the gods..." i gulp slightly and stop walking
[22:48] <@Codex> "Mortals. I command you to move this acursed THING." The dremora points to bust, violently.
[22:49] <Dark> "wait...thats it?"
[22:50] <@Codex> There is a fizz in the air, and the Dremora clenches his teeth. "Move it. NOW!" This is coupled with a foot stamp which shakes the oil lamp above.
[22:51] <Dark> "Elf...this is what you like doing correct?"
[22:51] *** Spiritcurse quit (Ping timeout)
[22:51] *** Spiritcurse (Spiritcurs@sux-271CA154.mcr-bng-012.adsl.virginmedia.net) joined
[22:54] <Spiritcurse> "I... I'm sure I can manage that." I draw my bow and nock an arrow, almost certain that there's more to it that that.
[22:55] <@Codex> The dremora appears to be growing impatient.
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> I release the arrow, which flies perfectly towards the statuet.
[22:57] <@Codex> The bust drops flies off the plinth and hits the wall. The fizz in the air gets louder until the dremora approaches it, at which point it dies down to a background level again. "I DEMAND that you take this to one of your Mages!" The Dremora appears to know how to not exclaim and shout things.
[22:58] <Dark> "What is it exactly?"
[22:58] <Spiritcurse> "Umm, we have one right here, if that helps?" Having apparently appeased the demon, I cast my eyes around for anything valuable.
[23:00] <@Codex> The Dremora turns to Conjur and shouts once more: "YOU. Make it STOP." He points to the bust on the ground once more.
[23:01] <Dark> I take a step towards it but dont look away from the Dremora "Make it stop what? I carnt feel it doing anything"
[23:02] <@Codex> The Dremora appears exasperated and angry. "You lie- Mage. It hurts. It burns me. Five of your kind did this to me. Undo it, or I WILL come for you AND your Guild!"
[23:03] <Spiritcurse> "I'd be more than happy to take it, and any other small valuable objects you may possess, far away from here, to stop that accursed burning."
[23:03] <Dark> "Errr...yes...I'll try..." i crouch down and hold a hand over the bust, searching for somthing wrong with it
[23:04] <@Codex> As you finish your sentence, you notice that the bust lies next to the corpse of a robed figure. Blood pools around it.
[23:05] <Dark> "Errr....one of the mages that did this?"
[23:06] <@Codex> "One of them that got away... I will NOT let that happen again, Mortal."
[23:06] <Dark> "I'm sure you wont...now seems like they bound you to this...I see why your so upset...hmmm"
[23:09] <@Codex> The dremora slams a fist onto the Plineth where the bust once sat. "Un...Do...IT."
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> "Surely there's some form of reward for this?"
[23:10] <@Codex> "Your reward is your LIFE!" The Deadra swings for you, accurately and quickly.
[23:13] <Spiritcurse> After recieving a well-deserved punch in the face, I stand back up and spit out "Very well, I accept your terms."
[23:14] <Dark> "Wise..." I mutter before picking up the bust and sighing "I'm afread I can not fix this here. But I know where I can...will you allow me to take it to my guild? perhaps I can break your bond there?"
[23:15] <@Codex> The deadra thinks for a moment. "I will accompany you there."
[23:16] <Spiritcurse> "Are you absolutely sure that'll go down well in the slightest?"
[23:16] <Dark> "You will?" I blink "Err...not sure how they will react to me bringing you home" Then mutter under my breath "Especially on my first day out"
[23:17] <@Codex> The Deadra shoots an intimidating to Illenat. "Do you need another lesson, Mortal? I will slay any who stop me from getting this object Destroyed!"
[23:18] <Spiritcurse> "Alright, alright, as you wish..."
[23:19] <Dark> I put the bust in my bag "Err...if you have to come is there anyway you can be more...discreet?"
[23:20] <@Codex> The Dremora glares at you. "No."
[23:20] <Dark> "joy..."
[23:24] <@Codex> "Let's go, Mortal." He approaches Conjur and stands very close to him. As if trying not to be away from the bust.
[23:24] <@Codex> It's also fairly intimidating.
[23:25] <Spiritcurse> I give the room one last look for treasure, saddened by leaving with only bread.
[23:26] <Dark> I stand streight and am clearly very unsure before leading the way out
[23:26] <Spiritcurse> I follow, deciding to eat one of the aforementioned pieces of bread.
[23:28] <@Codex> Outside of the cave, the Dremora forces Conjur to walk a little faster than he may like, standing right behind him. Hashish spots this exit from the cave from the top of the hill, where he rests.
[23:29] <Spiritcurse> I walk behind at a slowly pace, nursing my injured face and eating my bread, only occasionally making stabbing motions in the direction of the dremora when he isn't looking.
[23:29] <Dark> I havent looked any direction save directly ahead as I walk
[23:30] <Dorian> I turn and start to run, before remembering my horse, jumping on to it, and riding away, making sure to start slowly before moving on to a full gallop as to avoid any more unfortunate accidents.
[23:31] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~


Last edited by Blue starsong on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:31 am

[23:30] <@Codex> When we last left off, Illenat and Conjur are escourting a very angry, bound Dremora towards the mages guild back in Anvil. Hashish has taken the smart route and bolted upon seeing the Dremora.
[23:37] <Dark> I am walking with my backpack open, holding the artifact that the Dremora is stuck with up as I examin it from diffrent angles...seemingly more as a way to distract myself fromt he pounting demon than anything else
[23:42] <Dark> Glancing back at the Dremora if making a strange click noise with my tongue before resuming simply looking at twirling the artifact around in my hands "Someone really didnt like you did they?"
[23:42] <Spiritcurse> While walking, I begin to hang back a short distance, clearly sulking. However, I remain close enough to hear the conversation.
[23:44] <@Codex> "Mortals are not often 'friendly' with my kind." The Dremora drags out the word Friendly.
[23:45] <Dark> "True. But you must have done somthing special right? Killed a archmages family? slept with his wife?...stole his cake?"
[23:46] <@Codex> "I slew some of the mortals that brought me here. For doing THAT to ME." He voilently gestures to the artifact.
[23:47] <Dark> "And you were just minding your own buisness before that?"
[23:48] <@Codex> "SILENCE mortal... I do not wish to speak more on this matter."
[23:49] <Dark> "Touched a nerve" I chuckle and raise an 'eyebrow' at Illenat before again falling silent as i look at the artifact
[23:50] <@Codex> The Dremora grits his teeth in anger.
[23:51] <Spiritcurse> With a few muttered words and gestures, I begin to fade into invisibility. That achieved, I sprint ahead, making a wide verge around the two.
[23:52] <@Codex> The Dremora notices the grass being moved as you sprint and launches a spell at you.
[23:53] <@Codex> Which misses, wildly, a lightning bolt hits the side of the tavern you're about to pass.
[23:54] <Spiritcurse> I skid back onto the path, dodging side to side and slowing my pace as I pull ahead.
[23:55] <Dark> "Hey!" I shout at the Dremora...seeming to forget what I'm adressing for a second "The hell are you doing?"
[23:56] <@Codex> "The mortal is not aware that he could have just walked ahead!? FOOL."
[23:57] <Dark> "Well yer...was wondering why he felt the need to do that myself...but you carnt just go throwing lightning at people
[23:57] <Dark> "
[23:57] <@Codex> "I can do as I please, Mortal."
[23:59] <Dark> I just groumble as I take a turn and head towards the mages guild, praying in my head for the city around me to survive till sunset
[00:02] <@Codex> At this time, Hashish has just arrived at the gates of Anvil.
[00:05] <@Dorian> "Hashish has no liking for these Daedra" I grumble, as I ride my horse through the gates.
[00:08] <@Codex> A guard nods as you enter the gates.
[00:09] <@Dorian> I pull my horse over next to the guard, "Would you know where Hashish could sell his horse? He is currently rather short on cash."
[00:10] <@Codex> The guard looks at the horse and says "The stable behind you would be a pretty good bet I'd say." He gestures just outside of the gates.
[00:11] <@Dorian> "Hashish thanks you." I nod, and turn my horse around and head back towards the stable.
[00:14] <@Codex> At the stable is a Dunmer stablehand tending to the horses in the shade and an open door to the house next to the stables.
[00:15] <@Codex> Which is part of the stables, you assume.
[00:17] <@Dorian> I ride up to the stablehand, "Pardon, but where would Hashish go to sell his horse? He is rather in need of coin."
[00:18] <@Codex> The stablehand just points to the door and mumbles something about the smell of the horses. He quickly returns to mopeing in a shadey corner.
[00:22] <@Dorian> I sigh, and dismount. After tying up my horse, I proceed to walk though the door, muttering a traditional Khajit blessing or somesuch as I do.
[00:24] <@Codex> Inside is a rather nice house for a stable owner. There is a Khajit woman stood by the fire, stiring a pot of Talos-knows-what.
[00:32] <@Dorian> "Good day, Dar'Ja. Hashish is looking to sell his horse.
[00:32] <@Dorian> "
[00:35] <@Codex> The woman turns around. "Ahhh, a customer for Adanji... Welcome!"
[00:36] <@Codex> She sets the spoon she is stiring the pot with down and walks to the door. "Adanji is always looking to buy a fine horse. Let's have a look, shall we?"
[00:36] <@Codex> You notice a more Cyrodilic tone to her voice.
[00:37] <@Dorian> I roll my neck, then proceed to lead the way to my horse. "As you see, he is in fine condition."
[00:38] *** Dark quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- Go on, try it!)
[00:39] <@Codex> The Khajit strolls to the front of the horse, petting him an mumbling unaudibley to herself. She proceeds to scratch under the chin of the horse. "Hmm..."
[00:40] <@Codex> "Adanji does not know... He's a mule, no?"
[00:42] <@Dorian> "Indeed. However, I have found mules more useful, as ther can carry larger weights and can match most horses in speed over longer distances."
[00:44] <@Codex> "Mmm, Yes, you're quite right. I know of someone who may be inter..." she trails off in her own thought. Apparently she isn't very good at keeping a poker face, as she appears pleased with the mule.
[00:45] <@Dorian> I grin slightly, "So, you will take him, yes? How much will you be offering?"
[00:47] <@Codex> "Adanji will take him, yes." She looks to her almost full stables. "How about a thousand gold? He'll be well-fed and have clean water here, I'll see to that myself." She gives a scowl to the dunmer in the shade. He proceeds to mope.
[00:49] <@Dorian> "Bah. Hashish has had this mule for some time, and he payed more than that when it was new. And the mule has had time to get used to heavier loads, yes? Time to get stronger. Not a septim under 1800."
[00:50] <@Codex> Adanji shakes her head. "He is simply not worth that much to me. He is not a very young mule anymore. 1500 septims.
[00:52] <@Dorian> "Hashish likes you, so he will make compromise, yes? 1600."
[00:55] <@Codex> Adanji grins. "You're robbing me friend, I should report you to the guards." She proceeds inside. "Wait here please."
[00:59] <@Codex> Adanji returns with a bag of septims. "You'll need a mule to carry all of that gold. How about this one for 2000 septims?" She winks slyly.
[01:00] <@Codex> It is at this point that Illenat comes into view. Jogging.
[01:01] <@Dorian> I smile, "I thank you, but no. Hashish is looking to buy a house." I take the bag of gold, and smile, "You may keep the tack. I will not be needing it."
[01:02] <Spiritcurse> Panting heavily, I stagger the last few metres up to Hashish. "Guards... have you warned them?"
[01:03] <@Dorian> "No, friend. There is no need, yes? The Daedra is bound, yes?" As my talking goes on, it becomes increasingly worried and hectic.
[01:03] <@Codex> Adanji grins. "A pleasure, Hashish." she begins to tend to the horse and pulls a carrot out of a bucket nearby. She doesn't hear the conversation.
[01:04] <Spiritcurse> "It can still fight - it threw a bolt at me as I ran. And he's bringing it into a place full of civillians."
[01:05] <@Dorian> I facepalm, "Ranriji... Ok, we must tell the guards, yes? Tell them to kill it on sight."
[01:06] <Spiritcurse> "What about him? The daedra isn't a summoned one - most likely scenario, they see him as a worshipper."
[01:07] <@Dorian> "We say he is being controlled, and that the mages guild should be able to help."
[01:07] <Spiritcurse> "Worth a try. Come on, let's tell them."
[01:08] <@Dorian> "Indeed, friend." I glance around and, having spotted several guards, start to walk towards them.
[01:09] <@Codex> A guard notices you and takes a step forwards. "Can I help you, citizen?"
[01:10] <Spiritcurse> Still exhausted, I grab bread from my bag and begin to eat, gesturing to Hashish to speak.
[01:10] <@Dorian> "Indeed. We believe there may be a Daedra heading for town. You may wish to kill it."
[01:11] <@Codex> The guard raises an eyebrow with a clear look of concern. "A deadra? But the Oblivion Crisis is over, there shouldn't BE anymore deadra here that haven't been summoned."
[01:12] <@Dorian> "Indeed, friend, yet there is one. Maybe his mind slave is the one who summoned him, yes?"
[01:13] <Spiritcurse> "He's a magical one - any smell of lightning may well be me."
[01:14] <@Codex> The guard shakes his head, clearly confused as another guard walks over. He raises his Halberd high and looks up to the walls, where are guard weilding a crossbow is looking down, curiously. Upon seeing this signal, he sets off at a run down the wall on the inside of the gate house.
[01:15] <@Dorian> "Please, I ask you, try not to kill the Argonian, yes? He is a friend, and it is not his fault that he was mind controlled."
[01:16] <@Codex> "Mind Controlled? By Akatosh. Get inside, now!" the other guard proceeds over to the stables to give his warnings.
[01:16] <Spiritcurse> "If you'll allow me, and give me a few restore fatigue potions, I could knock the mage out without being spotted."
[01:17] <@Codex> Far in the distance, you both spot the Deadra and Conjur at the top of a hill. Well. You see two figures, one of which is robed and one of which is red, so you assume it's them.
[01:19] <@Dorian> I sigh, and turn to face the hill, drawing my sword as I do.
[01:19] <@Codex> The gates are slowly being shut, with a small gap being left. "No, stay inside and let us handle this. We don't need anything started. Especially not today."
[01:20] <@Dorian> I smile at the guard, and dash inside the town.
[01:21] <@Codex> As you dash inside, you notice the Khajit woman attempting to get your mule inside her house. The dunmer is laughing merrily, a rare sight indeed.
[01:21] <Spiritcurse> "Okay, but if it turns ugly, I'll lend a hand." I jog inside the town with Hashish.
[01:21] <@Codex> The guards follow.
[01:22] <@Dorian> As I run, I check the coin that the woman gave me.
[01:23] <@Codex> The bag appears to be a LARGE pile of coins. Good look counting that out.
[01:29] <@Codex> Guards are begining to clear the main area outside of the gate, but not many guards have arrived yet. You see one guard running towards the barracks.
[01:29] <Spiritcurse> While one of the guards has their back turned, I almost subconciously reach for their dagger, but then change my mind and wander about.
[01:29] <@Codex> ~~~End of Session~~~ We need a Conjur to continue.
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by DorianCreed on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 pm

[22:17] *** Session joined
[22:23] <Codex> It's becoming evening time now as the gates of Anvil have just been shut, due to the threat of a Deadra being present in distance, with a hostage of sorts. The area by the main gate has been cleared of civilians. The comotion outside has drawn the attention of the brawlers in the taverns, but the drunk are ushered back inside by the guards.
[22:23] <Dorian> I sigh, "Hashish is in needing of some new rope."
[22:24] <Spiritcurse> "Well, shall we take a stroll, leave these good men to their work?"
[22:24] <Dorian> "Indeed. We shall advance, yes?"
[22:25] <Karm> I wander out of the tavern with a mug of ale
[22:25] <Codex> You hear from up ontop of the gate house "I have the Mage, reckon I can get a shot in about 30 seconds."
[22:26] <@Dark> "Oh dear..." I mutter, pulling my hood tighter slightly
[22:26] <Spiritcurse> I shout up "Non-lethal if anything! He's a hostage!", trying to sound official while walking away.
[22:27] <Karm> 'whats going on ere then?' i ask loudly
[22:27] <Dorian> "Quiet, friend. We are making for the escape, yes?"
[22:28] <@Dark> "Dont suppose your going to protect me or anything if I get shot at?" I mutter to the Deadra behind me
[22:28] <Spiritcurse> "Still, I'd feel bad if his death was on my mind. Where exactly are we going?"
[22:28] <Karm> I raise an eyebrow and just stand and watch
[22:28] <Codex> A pause, then another shout. "Did he summon it?"
[22:29] <@Dark> "No" I call back "It more decided to stalk me"
[22:29] <Codex> The dremora replies. "You are still useful to me for the time being, Mortal."
[22:30] <@Dark> "Oh thats good then" I give a chuckle, seeming more confident around the demon now
[22:30] <Codex> A guard with a cross bow peers over the wall at you. "Well, fuck."
[22:30] <Spiritcurse> "We'd probably better move rather faster."
[22:31] <Karm> 'deadra?! Here?' i shout 'i gotta stop drinking...'
[22:32] <Dorian> "Indeed." I begin to start walking faster.
[22:32] <Spiritcurse> "Any clues where you're headed?"
[22:32] <Codex> You spot a small gathering upon the wall of guards, all murming. They appear slightly panic'd now.
[22:32] <Dorian> "Away from the walls."
[22:32] <@Dark> I wave at the new comer "Yer we have Deadra, and a rather grumpy one to"
[22:34] <Spiritcurse> "Good idea." I lower my voice to a low murmur. "I don't want to imply anything, but all the guards seem rather... distracted."
[22:35] <Karm> 'more the glory' i say 'Arnthr Mighty-Hammer is my name'
[22:35] <Codex> As Conjur and his new friend approach the gates, Four guards show up over the walls, all equiped with cross bows, three aimed at the Deadra and one at Conjur. "Stop right there! What buisness have you here?"
[22:36] <@Dark> "We come to speak with the mages guild. I am a member and have been a desire to speak with a freind that resides there. This guy is coming along for the ride"
[22:38] <Codex> The demon shouts "STEP ASIDE, MORTALS. Open these gates, before I knock them down myself!"
[22:38] <Codex> The guard does not react kindly to this. "Step away or die, Demon."
[22:39] <Dorian> I grin, and turned to face Arnthr. "Friend, you would do best not to be here. It would be for good if you did not hear what we are about to discus."
[22:39] <@Dark> "Oh dont worry, hes all bark this one. Besides, he knows that if he does anything rash then he wont be able to get what he wants. Dont ya boy?"
[22:39] <Spiritcurse> "Besides, I think you'll be needed at the main gate. Judging by that bellow, there's about to be a lovely scrap."
[22:40] <Karm> I shrug 'i am happy to help the city was good enough to allow me in i am happy to help'
[22:40] <Codex> The deadra flat out punches Conjur in the face.
[22:40] <@Dark> I give a load grunt before holding my snout slightly "all right guess I went a little too far that time"
[22:42] <Codex> The Dremora remains silent and looks up at the guards upon the wall. "Bring me a Mage. One that is not as bumbling as this!" he gestures towards Conjur.
[22:43] <Dorian> "Friend, it sounds as if you would be doing well to get to the gates, yes? The daedra seems angered."
[22:43] <@Dark> "Hey now, I may be a little immature but I aint no bumbler" I stand a little streigter before turning back to the wall "I say again, my name is Conjur and the Mages guild will vouch for my worth and loyalty"
[22:44] <Karm> 'hmm yes.' i say and run over
[22:45] <Dorian> I turn to Illenat, "Now, what did you have in mind?"
[22:47] <Spiritcurse> "Well, the guards are nicely distracted, and we're probably not getting paid for this. So what say we make a little on the side?"
[22:47] <Codex> The guards all take aim with the bow. "Take thirty steps back and we will summon a guild member."
[22:48] <Dorian> "I like how you think, friend."
[22:48] <Codex> The Dremora appears angered and begins to take some steps back, but only stops at 10.
[22:49] <@Dark> "Fine fine!" i mutter a curse "But mabye this will help you along the way" I produce the blade that I had gotten from the guild as a symbole of my place in the mages guild before takeing the steps back muttering somthing along the lines off "I'm actually going to let you kill these guys" to the demon
[22:49] <Spiritcurse> "I thought you would. So, what do you say we hit first? Jewellry would probably be the easiest to carry and fence."
[22:50] <Dorian> "Then we should visit the house of the richest local, yes?"
[22:51] <Codex> A guard descends the gate tower and begins towards the Mage's guild, apparently not hearing you all.
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> "I was going to say jewellry shop, but that makes sense too. That would be... the count or countess, presumably." Seeing the guard, I drop my voice to a mere whisper.
[22:53] <Dorian> "Then let us be off, friend. People to see, places to go, yes?"
[22:53] <Spiritcurse> "I fully agree. Do we have a plan?"
[22:55] <@Dark> "So...how long would it take you to kill all those guards?" I ask the deadra as we wait
[22:56] <Dorian> "Plans are for the weak. If we cannot get through by the sand of our heels, we do not deserve to get through at all."
[22:56] <Codex> "Not long, Mortal. Mortal killing is a sport that has dried up since the gates were closed. I sorely miss it."
[22:57] <Spiritcurse> "Fair enough then. Shall we be off?"
[22:57] <Dorian> "Indeed."
[22:58] <@Dark> "Well, I think these guys are going to be your nostalgic trip" I grin "I'm curious to see you fight"
[22:58] <Codex> The guard returns with a worried looking High elf Mage. You recognise him as Nanandil and he begins to ascend the stairs up the gate tower.
[22:59] <@Dark> "Hey Nanandil!" I call up "Sorry for the err...bad circemstances for this return"
[22:59] <Spiritcurse> I mumble a few words and seem slightly less obtrusive, somehow. I nod to Hashish and begin to walk towards the castle, sticking to quieter, darker roads.
[22:59] <Codex> "What... What on earth has happ--" Nanandil is interupted as the Dremora begins to shout.
[23:00] <Codex> "MORTAL, release me from the chains of your bretheren this instant!"
[23:00] <Dorian> I slink off after Illenat, grinning as I go.
[23:01] <@Dark> I cringe slightly at the shout before looking back up and giveing an embarresed shrug
[23:01] <Codex> Nanandil almost facepalms and turns to a guard and begins to mumble out of ear shot.
[23:02] <@Dark> "Well that got his attention at least" I mutter
[23:02] <Codex> The guards shake their heads, in unision.
[23:03] <Codex> Frustrated, Nanandil turns to Arnthr. "Excuse me sir, you look like you can handle yourself, would you mind accompanying me outside of the gates for a moment?"
[23:03] <Karm> 'oh, of course' i nod
[23:05] <Codex> The short elf smiles, "I'd be happy to compensate you if it gets ugly, but I highly doubt that the situation will get that far." Nanandil nods to a guard, who sighs and stands by the gate opening mechanism.
[23:05] <@Dark> "Alright, look presentable..." I glance at the deadra "Or at least stand streight please"
[23:07] <Codex> The Dremora looks at you with a look of not only confusion, but bemusement.
[23:08] <@Dark> "That will do" I give an amused smile before taking a step fowrad to look at Nanandil as he comes out of the city
[23:10] <Codex> Nanandil steps out of the city, with a Nord figure close behind. "What has happened Conjur?"
[23:12] <@Dark> I place my staff against my chest and give a respectful bow as he approces "My lord. We investigated a cave that had been the sight of disapperances and found it invested with Imps. The cause of this was an artifact that my new freind behind me has been bound to by some mages. I have brought him here to consult you on whether or not he is...safe to be released"
[23:16] <Codex> Nanandil sighs, heavily. "Drop the Lord stuff. Let me see this artifact..."
[23:16] <Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~

_________________


"Problems? Problems!? There is no problem I can't solve with this!"
- Mad Chainsaw Johnson

"Violence. If it's not solving all of your problems, then you simply aren't using enough of it."
- Unknown

(A)bort, (R)etry, (B)lame a Tinker Gnome?

"Dude, I've got a list of people who are going to survive. It's not into double digits."
- Me, of all people
avatar
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-11-14
Age : 22
Location : The deepest depths of the Munchkin zone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by DorianCreed on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 pm

[21:19] <@Codex> Nanandil puts a hand out, expectantly, looking to Conjur.
[21:20] "Yes of course" i nod before pulling the artifact out and holding it up
[21:23] <@Codex> Nanandil takes the artifact in his hands and looks it over briefly. "Dremora... what is your name?"
[21:24] <@Codex> The Deadra pauses for a moment and looks at the elf dead in the eyes. After another moments silence, he speaks. "Dohtekemrohtpayem. Yours, Mortal?"
[21:25] I blink breifly before muttering the name and nodding slightly
[21:32] <@Codex> Nanandil nods. "Quiet a mouthful, I am Nanandil. Warlock of the Mages Guild. I appologise for what my bretheren have done to you. This is an atrocious act."
[21:34] <@Codex> "Watch carefully, Conjur." Nanandil mumbles an incantation as a purple mist begins to eminate from the under the statue.
[21:35] I am silent as i watch, my tail twitching slightly being the only movement
[21:38] <@Codex> Over a short time, the Dremora appears to become much more relaxed. For a Deadra.
[21:40] I give a slight smirk but keep focusing on the stone, trying to memorise what Nanandil is doing
[21:43] <@Codex> The nature of the spell appears to be that of un-binding and dispelling.
[21:43] <@Codex> "You are now free to do as you please, Deadra. To an extent."
[21:46] "In other words so long as you dont go killing people we like" I chuckle slightly
[21:46] <@Codex> The dremora nods and lifts one arm to his chest. "Thank you, Mortal. As payment for your un-binding me I will not kill you today."
[21:47] <@Codex> He turns to Conjur. "And you, Mortal. You are full of pride, you stood before your own people with weapons aimed at you and spoke without a tremble. You have earned back a small portion of the respect I have for your kind."
[21:48] I seem slightly taken aback before smiling and giving a nod "That is high praise indeed from you. Thank you"
[21:50] <@Codex> The dremora turns and begins to walk slowly, breaking off into yellow dust as he goes. After about 15 seconds, he has faded from this land, yellow sparks litter the air, being blown away by the wind.
[21:51] "Charming chap"
[21:54] <@Codex> He was very kind for a Deadra.
[21:54] <@Codex> "And his name was hilarious."
[21:54] "Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought so" I chuckle
[21:54] <@Codex> "Now, this thing..." Nanandil completely ignores the guards, who have breathed a sigh of collective relief and opened the gates again.
[21:55] I walk alongside him, but do shot a "told ya so" look towards the guards as we pass
[21:57] <@Codex> You note the guards unloading their crossbows and dispearsing from the area, going back to their posts.
[21:57] <@Codex> Nanandil continues. "Look at this now. This is what happens to artifacts after so much meddling."
[21:57] "What do you mean? It seemed to be doing the job"
[21:58] <@Codex> The bust appears to have changed from solid stone to a much more sedimentary type of stone. It's begining to look extremely weared.
[21:58] <@Codex> "Can you detect anything now?"
[22:01] I frown for a second before shaking my head "I could before, but not now..."
[22:05] <@Codex> As Nanandil takes a few more steps forwards, the statuet crumbles into dust.
[22:05] "And there it was gone" I mutter slightly
[22:15] <@Codex> The dust blows into the wind along with a lot of sparks of light and electricty, along with the echoes of many scamps and imps.
[22:15] <@Codex> Nanandil sighs. "Apparently they were trapped in there. Not anymore I suppose."
[22:16] <@Codex> "Anyway, I'm sure that you've learnt enough today. Get some rest, grab a drink and please, tell my friend Cocius that he won't be getting his artifact after all.
[22:17] "Yes i will" I smile "And thank you for your help back there"
[22:18] <@Codex> "It's no problem at all, I won't ask what you saw in there. It's probably best that I didn't know... I'll send a clean-up team in the morning though."
[22:18] <@Codex> "Oh, and before you leave-"
[22:19] <@Codex> "I expect you to come back to me tomorrow, maybe we'll have lunch again. You can de-brief the guild on your first guild assignment."
[22:19] I smile and nod "I shall look forwad to it"
[22:23] <@Codex> Nanandil nods back, and heads back into the Mage's guild. You see the guards all back at their respective posts now.
[22:24] <@Codex> Sans the few heading to further locations. Your mind wanders to your "Companions". Where could they have gotten to? They obviously warned the guards about the deadra.
[22:24] Tightening my cloak around myself as I watch him go, i decide to take his advice and head towards the local tavin, my staff clicking against the ground as i hum
[22:26] Looking around I call to a nearby guard "Hey, you remember those people that came into the city before me? one was a cat? I have a bone to pick with them...can you remember which way they went?"
[22:28] <@Codex> The guard thinks for a moment. "No, I don't think I can remember where they went I'm afraid. Have you tried the tavern? We tried to usher people up into that end of town."
[22:29] "Sounds like somewhere they would be" I nod before resumming my slight humming of a tune I had heard a bard sing once and make my way towards the Tavin, again clicking my staff slightly to the beat
[22:37] <@Codex> The guard nods and mumbles something as you walk away. It's not audible though.
[22:45] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~

And, in the meantime, LARCENY, HO!!!!

[23:09] As you approach the castle, the guards note a distinct lack of guards and a wide open door.
[23:09] <@Dorian> I roll my neck. "Let us do this, yes?"
[23:10] "Works for me. Anywhere in particular you want to hit? Throne room'll almost certainly have somebody, as with treasure room. Private quarters?"
[23:12] <@Dorian> "Seems good, yes? Yes, Hashish is liking this plan."
[23:14] "Right, we going in the front door? I'll stick to shadows, you talk your way in? Any problems, gesture and I'll hit 'em."
[23:14] Entering the main hallroom finds it completely deserted.
[23:15] "Almost too easy. It'll be upstairs for sure." I take a dark route upstairs, freezing briefly at anything more than the slightest sound.
[23:17] <@Dorian> I sigh, "And Hashish thought his life couldn't get any better."
Spirit - my god, we travelled through time here
[21:23] "Right, upstairs, stick to the shadows. Remmeber, any trouble, let me know and I'll drop them."
[21:23] "Indeed." I ajust my robes and my sword.
[21:24] Following my own instructions, I head up the closest staircase, readying my bow.
[21:26] I extend my claws as I follow Illenat, making sure that I keep an eye (and an ear) covering our rears.
[21:30] <@Codex> Muffled noise comes from the private quaters at the top right staircase.
[21:31] I tap Illenat on the shoulder and gesture towards the quaters in question.
[21:31] I make my way slowly and quietly to the door and listen in, trying to find out what the noise is.
[21:32] I perk up my ears and, still keeping an eye out and now with my paw on my crossbow, attempt to listen in as well.
[21:33] <@Codex> "But this spear is just too long Master, I'll be here all night!" is what is heard from behind the shut door. Probably best to keep it closed.
[21:34] I grin and start to move away, glancing at any other rooms to see if they are likely to have valuables in them.
[21:35] <@Codex> There is another door next to this, and 2 more doors on the opposite side of the room (At the top of the other staircase.) The nearest door does not yield any noise, besides the echoes of Argonian from the other room.
[21:36] "They must be rehearsing for a play" I whisper, and move to the next door, listening intently.
[21:37] <@Codex> No noise comes from the next door.
[21:37] "It's clear." I slowly push on the door, trying to see if it would creak.
[21:42] <@Codex> As the door is opened, a faint blue haze from the edges of the door disaperates. It was on the other side of the door. The elf freezes as the door opens, as if realising something.
[21:43] "Move". With that, I run into the room and dive beneath the bed.
[21:43] I glance from side to side, and dive into a nearby wardrobe.
[21:44] Remembering myself, I pull the doors closed behind me.
[21:45] <@Codex> A full two minutes pass and nothing happens.
[21:45] Keeping one arm pointed at the door, I begin to search the room quickly for anything valuable looking, and preferably small.
[21:46] I climb out of the wardrobe and, drawing my crossbow, start to help Illenat with his search, keeping on constant alert.
[21:49] <@Codex> The room appears empty of anything small, though there is a chest and two bookcases. Along with a few barrels in the corner of the room. [Spot] There is also a bed-side table with a miniature chest on it.
[21:50] "I got this". I approach the chest, flicking my picks out of my pocket and getting to work.
[21:50] I walk over to the barrels and begin to search them.
[21:52] <@Codex> One of the barrels has an open top and appears to have been concealing a lever of some kind. The chest comes straight open, with yet another flash of blue tinted light.
[21:53] "Stop... doing things, dammit!" I mutter as the chest clicks.
[21:53] I sigh, pull the lever, and dive back into the wardrobe, closing the doors behind me.
[21:53] <@Codex> Inside the chest is an assortment of Upper-class garments.
[21:55] I root through the clothing for any rings or jewels I could pry off.
[21:56] <@Codex> No rings or jewelery are to be found, however you hear the sound of heavy moving stone to the right of the room.
[21:56] I climb back out of the wardrobe, and move over to the smaller chest, examining the lock.
[21:57] "That doesn't bode well" I say, approaching the small chest. "You okay with locks?"
[21:58] "Hashish is a trader. He has done some smuggling and some illicit trading, but nothing more."
[21:59] "Well, I've got a rather less honest path. One second." After a few seconds with my picks, the lock clicks.
[22:01] <@Codex> As the box opens a red mist pours out, and causes you both to gasp. Whoops.
[22:01] <@Codex> Inside however, is a rather large ruby.
[22:03] I check around the lining of the chest, and give the ruby a gentle knock instead of lifting it.
[22:03] <@Codex> You find nothing in the lining and the ruby does nothing.
[22:05] Shrugging, I pocket the ruby and cast my eyes about for the source of the noise from before.
[22:06] <@Codex> As you cast your eyes around, it becomes blindingly obvious that a small portion of wall has moved.
[22:07] I walk over to the area of wall and start to examine it in depth.
[22:07] <@Codex> You hear hurried footsteps from down the tunnel which the wall has revieled.
[22:09] With a few murmured words, our clothing shifts to look like the armour of a guard, and another three materialize behind us.
[22:11] <@Codex> As the footsteps quicken, you see a sharp, yellow flash of light from down the corridor.
[22:12] The guards draw their swords, and I hide in the wardrobe as they cluster in front of it.
[22:18] I shrug, and stand in front of the guards, crossbow in hand.
[22:20] <@Codex> You hear instructions being given out in an angered and hurried voice. Then the clatter of armour, ascending the stairs up the tunnel, into the room.
[22:26] <@Codex> Two Dremora enter the room, clad in plate armour like most and looking very disgruntled. They spot the 4 men in the room, one with a crossbow and simply stop.
[22:27] <@Codex> "FOUR. ARMOURED." one of them shouts, awaiting orders.
[22:28] Concentrating hard, I make one guard sync with my voice. "We mean you no harm. I saw a flash and wondered if your master was alright."
[22:30] I bow slightly to the Dremora and lower my crossbow.
[22:31] <@Codex> The two deadra stand, weapons still drawn but take two steps backwards. The Mage walks up the stairs and looks around the room. "What happened in here? My warnings triggered."
[22:31] <@Codex> Illenat feels a very strong urge to cough. It's difficult to hold in.
[22:31] "I don't know - we saw a flash of light and came to investigate. After what happened at the gate, we're a little on edge, especially around... you know... them."
[22:32] <@Codex> "What has happened at the gate?"
[22:32] One of the guards at the back has a minor coughing fit after the speech, neatly coinciding with my own.
[22:33] "Hashish will explain - he ran here recently."
[22:33] "Dro'Jo, there was a Daedra. The Droiit were talking with it, trying to get it to leave."
[22:34] <@Codex> The mage raises an eyebrow at the cat, suspicious. He takes another look around the room and spots the open lockbox on the bed-side table.
[22:36] <@Codex> He looks to the guard that was coughing at the back and stares for a short time. 15 awkward seconds pass.
[22:38] "I sent him to check the box - we think we spotted somebody running in here. We think he's been poisoned."
[22:41] I start coughing voilently, doubling over and groping wildly for something to place my hand on. After several seconds, it becomes obvious that a) I'm not going to stop any time soon, and b) that I can't breathe.
[22:42] <@Codex> The High elf furrows his eyebrows and digs deep in his pockets. "Half each." He procures a bottle and puts it down by Hashish. "Tell the rest of the guard to look out for people coughing. Like that." He gestures to the cat.
[22:42] <@Codex> The elf then waves a hand and the Dremora follow him out of the room, as he almost glides along the floor and down the staircase.
[22:43] "Thank you, we will do. And be alert for this thief."
[22:43] I swallow back some vomit, and pick up the bottle. I take a swig of it, making sure to leave about half, and sigh.
[22:44] <@Codex> The effect is immediate, however does cure all of it straight away, it seems like it may take some time.
[22:44] Safely assured the mage is gone, I climb out of the wardrobe and drink the rest of the potion, dismissing the guards with a wave.
[22:45] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~

_________________


"Problems? Problems!? There is no problem I can't solve with this!"
- Mad Chainsaw Johnson

"Violence. If it's not solving all of your problems, then you simply aren't using enough of it."
- Unknown

(A)bort, (R)etry, (B)lame a Tinker Gnome?

"Dude, I've got a list of people who are going to survive. It's not into double digits."
- Me, of all people
avatar
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Posts : 701
Join date : 2010-11-14
Age : 22
Location : The deepest depths of the Munchkin zone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm

[21:05] <@Mori> After somehow escaping the castle after a pretty hefty poisoning, Hashish and Illenat retreat to the tavern, where they find Conjur sat at a table. With quite the experession on his face too.
[21:09] <Dark> "Ah, so there you are..." I say over to you, my arms up before my face with elbows resting on the table
[21:10] <@Mori> A quick glance around the room allows you to note the much more relaxed atmosphere from earlier, also a distinct lack of bouncer.
[21:11] <Spiritcurse> "So, did it go well?"
[21:12] <Dark> "Yes no thanks to you. Our freind was released and the guards were convinced not to turn me into a walking pin cushion"
[21:17] <Dorian> I sit down, "Hashish would like a drink."
[21:18] <Dark> I take a drink from my glass "Go buy one then"
[21:19] <Dorian> I growl, stand up, and make my way over to the bar, intending to purchase whatever Elsweyrian drink might be available.
[21:20] <Dark> "So? I glance at Illenat "What were you doing with your selves when I was talking with a set of arrows?"
[21:20] <Spiritcurse> "Getting out of dodge. Needed to go shopping anyway."
[21:21] <Dark> "Most of the shops here are shut after the whole Deadra thing"
[21:22] <Dorian> I turn to the bartender, "So, friend, what drinks do you serve that Hashish would know from home?"
[21:23] <@Mori> The Orc behind the bar raises an eyebrow at Hashish.
[21:23] <Dorian> I sigh, "What do you serve from Elsweyr, if anything?"
[21:23] <@Mori> "I don't think we have much milk left to be honest." This is met with chuckling from a few drunks around the side of the bar.
[21:24] <Dorian> I grin, "Very funny, friend, but Hashish is a paying customer. It is not nice to talk down to paying customers, no?"
[21:25] <@Mori> The old Orsimer sighs. "You're right I suppose. Unfortunately all we have is Wine, Water and Ale for the forseeable future. Last I heard the only place you could Khajit food and drink was on the other side of Cyrodil."
[21:27] <Dorian> I smile, "Thank you for telling me, friend. in that case, I will take two pints of ale, and will pay for three, for the advice."
[21:28] <@Mori> The Orsimer thinks for a moment. "Either Cheydinal or Bravil you're lookin' for." He retrieves two Ale bottles from under his counter and leaves them on the bar.
[21:29] <Dorian> "Thank you, friend. How much will each ale be?"
[21:30] <@Mori> The Orc looks you up and down. "Call it two septims, if you keep drinking."
[21:31] <Dorian> I take out nine septims, and place them on the bar. "Keep the change, yes?" I smile, and head back to the table, handing one to Illenat.
[21:32] <Spiritcurse> "Ah, fantastic. So, what's the plan now? I'm guessing the mage's guild aren't pleased."
[21:32] <Dark> "Right, now you have gone and spent some of what you gained from you...'shopping spree' what will you do? mug me?"
[21:33] <Spiritcurse> "Of course not! I wouldn't want to damage any of my purchases by brawling."
[21:33] <Dorian> I grin, and take a swig of my ale.
[21:34] <Dark> "Just you remember who helped you after you fell from your mount cat"
[21:35] <Spiritcurse> "I assure you, we are legitimate businessmen, and have no intention of harming you or anyone."
[21:36] <Dorian> "Legitimate businessmen is the best description for us in this tounge, although Hashish prefers Dra'iit."
[21:37] <Dark> "Businessmen I'll agree with at least. But I doubt all the 'shut' shops will agree with legitimate. But that is of no concern of mine now, our job is over" I point a scaled finger at Illenat "You need to come with me to the guild to make our final report and find the merchant who hired you then i can return to my studies"
[21:38] <Spiritcurse> "They're not all shut, you just need to make a tempting offer at the right time. And that's a good idea, yes."
[21:40] <@Mori> Looking out of the window allows a nice view of the sun setting. It's getting late.
[21:43] <Dark> Finishing my drink in a final swig of my beer before sighing "Where are you lot staying for the night anyway?"
[21:45] <Dorian> "In the inn, most likely. The shops will be open tomorrow, yes? We can do our trading then." I turn to Conjur, "And for the record, the trading will be in keeping with the Thjizzrini."
[21:46] <Dark> "Of course it will" I look out the window, seeming to strangly relax slightly as I sigh again
[21:46] <Spiritcurse> "I'll probably stay in my tent outside the city walls, as usual."
[21:49] <Dorian> "Then Hashish will stay near you. You will need a night guard, and Hashish must protect his investment, yes?"
[21:50] <Dark> "Well I'm going back to the guild. I have to return somthing and I will be able to find some contact info on the merchant Cocius"
[21:50] <Spiritcurse> "An excellent idea. Then, come dawn, we should probably seek out fairer ground."
[21:53] <Dorian> "Fairer ground, yes, this is sounding good. Hashish has heard tale of Khajiit trading caravans that trade in the most exotic of goods."
[21:59] <@Mori> ~~~~~Time jumping, like cool kids.~~~~~
[22:00] <@Mori> After a nights rest, Illenat and Hashish re-enter Anvil at the main gate. The guards look fairly relaxed today.
[22:00] <Spiritcurse> Looking as relaxed as possible, I wander through the gates towards the mages guild, trying to make it seem like I belong there.
[22:01] <Dorian> I smile, raise the hood on my robes, and use my staff almost as a wlaking stick as I head after Illenat, adding to the impression of a elderly mage.
[22:03] <@Mori> As on the first time Illenat arrived here, the same Elven woman is stood infront of the desk, juggling blueish/gold orbs of a gaseous nature. "They're in the back." She says with a warm smile.
[22:04] <Spiritcurse> I return the smile and nod before walking into the back.
[22:05] <Dorian> I grin at the woman, and follow Illenat.
[22:05] <@Mori> At the table is Conjur and Nanandil, once again eating fish together.
[22:06] <Dark> At seeing you, a give a breif nod of aknowledgement
[22:09] <@Mori> "Ahh, hello again. I just wanted a brief explanation of what happened yesterday, if you don't mind. It allows me to report it to the council and get our friend here some credit where it's due." We gestures at Conjur, seemingly not noticing Hashish.
[22:11] <Spiritcurse> "Well, we found the cavern easily enough, and I dropped the guards masterfully, if I do say so myself. Once inside, he starts trying to socialize with the demon, so I run back here and alert the guards, then go shopping until it's over."
[22:12] <@Mori> Nanandil simply raises an eyebrow at Illenat. "Would you be so kind, Conjur, as to tell us the story?"
[22:18] <Dark> "Of course. We found the cave to have been turned into some sort of gathering place for many low leavel Deadra and fought our way inside. The dust that the skamps were leaving as they fell was being pulled in a single direction as if by some unknown wind so we followed that and found the Deadra you saw yesterday. He was screaming in rage and forced us to bring that artifact here and you know the rest...we found no humans in the area"
[22:19] <@Mori> Nanandil nods slowly. "None at all, you say? Any signs of where they might have ran?"
[22:21] <Dark> I am silent for a second as i think before simply saying "Their souls I can not say but their bodies were still there as well as their books...and a floor covored in oil"
[22:24] <@Mori> Nanandil continues his slow nodding, and through a mouthful of fish, he says, "Cocius will probably want to talk to you." He gestures to Illenat. "As for you Conjur, we've discussed all we can really. If you're looking for a way to make some money in a similar manor, Cocius is a man who knows a lot about artifacts. I'm certain he has more available."
[22:25] <Dark> "Thank you" I nod respectfully
[22:26] <Spiritcurse> "Thank you, I'll speak to him now" I bow and leave the building, heading towards Cocius' stall. On the way out, I make sure to wink at the Elven woman.
[22:26] <Dorian> I frown, and follow Illenat out of the building, realising I don't belong there.
[22:27] <Dark> I watch him go for a second before following him, taking the reaserch notes i had borrowed from Nanandil again.
[22:28] <@Mori> You spot Cocius stood behind his stall by the Tavern, his assortment of goods looks different than last time you were here, but you can't tell exactly what they all are. Just that a few in the mix are of a magical nature. Cocius waves and smiles at Illenat, beckoning him over.
[22:29] <Spiritcurse> "Hello! I assume you've heard about the slight... problem we encountered?"
[22:30] <@Mori> "Problem?" Cocius inquires, tilting his head slightly.
[22:30] <Dorian> I roll my shoulders, and smile at this seemingly innocuous merchant.
[22:31] <Dark> I have my hood up and my staff beside me, my tail swaying slightly against the floor
[22:31] <@Mori> The Imperial nods at the other two, but continues to look to Illenat, with a slight hint of concern in his face.
[22:32] <Spiritcurse> "The deadra that this lizard here brought home was bound to it, apparently. That a problem?"
[22:34] <@Mori> The Imperial appears disfainful. "Where is it now?"
[22:34] <Dark> "freed"
[22:35] <@Mori> The Imperial smirks, "The artifact, I meant." his smile seems slightly laboured.
[22:39] <Dark> "Gone" I say simply "It turned to dust once the Deadra was freed
[22:43] <@Mori> The Imperial before you looks dejected, but you don't hang on to his next words, as you notice a small Orc boy (10-13) stealing a fish from a stall whilst the owner's back is turned.
[22:44] <Spiritcurse> "Everybody's got to start somewhere", I mutter with a shrug.
[22:48] <@Mori> The Orc is succesful and he begins to run off, unaware that he should really hide his prize.
[22:49] <Dorian> I grin, "Dar'Ma."
[22:50] <@Mori> The Imperial continues "So, what do you say, fancy another shot at another artifact?"
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> "Sounds perfect, what've you got lined up?"
[22:54] <@Mori> The Imperial seems confused for a second, but decides to repeat himself. "My brother was apparently robbed along the way. Just a shortsword was stolen, but he got away fine. Apparently met a very nice merchant along the way too. Anyway, I don't know exactly where it is, but I'm offering a lot of gold for it." Cocius quietens himself a little bit. "A LOT. Of gold."
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> "I'm in. Emphasis on the word lot, in relation to gold is always a good thing."
[22:56] <Dorian> "Hashish will help, too. He is always in need of more gold."
[22:57] <@Mori> Cocius looks over to Conjur. "You in?"
[22:57] <Dark> I am silent for a seond and glance at my two 'companions' before nodding "I could do with gold for my reaserch"
[22:59] <@Mori> Cocius nods. "Very well. If you talk to the guards along the road you might find out more, apparently he lost it about 3 hours before getting here, closer to Kvatch than here. It's no easy trip."
[22:59] <Spiritcurse> "Any more information we could use?"
[23:01] <@Mori> Cocius shakes his head. "Stolen along the road. Guards might know more. It's an enchanted short-sword. You'll know it when you see it, looks Elven." He shrugs. "I wouldn't be offering so much if it was easy."
[23:02] <Spiritcurse> "You know what it does? Because if it kills elves that look at it, I'm not getting it."
[23:03] <@Mori> Cocius chuckles. "Don't worry, it's nothing like that. It's a dangerous weapon that I wouldn't want getting in the hands of some foolish bandit or something. You see..." Cocius leans in once more. "It rends souls."
[23:04] <Dark> I streighten and raise an eyebrow
[23:04] <Spiritcurse> "Somehow, I doubt this is a good thing."
[23:06] <@Mori> "A few mages we're after it from me for a while now... They like 'em because they can enchant more items with it, if they're skilled a enough. 'Lot o' cock-ups involved with that though." Cocius leans back out, seemingly changing character. "Anything else I can do you for?"
[23:06] <Spiritcurse> "I don't suppose you'd buy a shiny object I found on the way back from the cave, would you?"
[23:08] *** Dark quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- In tests, 0x09 out of 0x0A l33t h4x0rz prefer it Smile)
[23:10] <@Mori> "Depends if I want it or not really, but I'd be happy to take a look at anything you bring my way." The Imperial smiles, broadly. Now, off with ya's. I need to make a profit you know!" He grins as you are forced to turn down the street, back towards the gates.
[23:10] <@Mori> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~
[23:10] <@Mori> We lack a Conjur Sad
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Blue starsong on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 pm

[21:15] <@Codex> Last session, the party was invited to take on a group of bandits or otherwise aquire the necklace that was stolen from his cousin. For some reason though, the universe feels a lot less serious today.
[21:24] <@Codex> The party is stood in the Market section of the town, after reciveing tell that the bandits they're after are simply "Near the road". Some more information may need to be collected.
[21:28] <Dark> I am munching (very) slowly on a piece of bread that I have brought with me, looking aimlessly around the market whilst my tail sways slightly from where it is emmiting beneath my robe. I am humming a tune I heard a bard sing the other day but dont really seem to be paying attention to what is happening in the here and now
[21:28] <Spiritcurse> "Guards should be able to tell us something useful" I mutter, walking to the nearest guard. "Hello, do you have a moment?"
[21:30] <@Codex> The guard looks to his partner and nods, then steps towards you. "How can I help you?"
[21:30] <@Codex> There are dark bags under his eyes.
[21:30] <Dorian> "Are you feeling ok, friend?"
[21:31] <Spiritcurse> "I'm investigating a group of bandits nearby, wondered if you'd heard where they might be hiding?"
[21:32] <@Codex> The guard gives a tired smile. "Bandits nearby? Never heard *that* before." He rolls his eyes. "Bandits are all along the road to Skingrad."
[21:33] <Spiritcurse> "Good point. Don't suppose you know a more specific location for any?"
[21:34] <@Codex> The guard grumbles. "Do you have a map?"
[21:34] <Spiritcurse> "I've got a sketch I've been making of the area, it's not precise, but it's got landmarks."
[21:36] <@Codex> "If it has the road, it'll do." The guard smiles tiredly again.
[21:36] <Spiritcurse> "Are you alright there?"
[21:39] <@Codex> The Imperial before you nods. It was a long day yesterday, with the inspection of the boats and all." He gives a yawn, taking your map. "Bloody Skooma all over one of the ships. Caused a right commotion."
[21:40] <Spiritcurse> "Did you catch the culprits, or did they manage to get away?"
[21:40] <@Codex> The guard's partner scowls at him. She steps forwards as the tired one gives her a spinning motion with his hand. "You didn't hear that." She says, as he puts a couple of circles on your map.
[21:41] <Spiritcurse> I chuckle and nod. "Thanks for the assistance"
[21:42] <@Codex> "No problem," The guard says, as he passed back the sketch. "Hey, if you're headhuntin--" *Yawn* "... You should pick up the heads of anyone who looks like a leader, or if it's more convieniant any distinguishing rings. Captain'll give you a good price for 'em probably."
[21:43] <@Codex> You smell the distinct smell of mead on the man's breath, though it is very faint.
[21:44] <Spiritcurse> "We'll bear that in mind, thanks. You'll have to direct me to him when I return, sir..."
[21:45] <@Codex> The guard nods curtly and points at the hills over there. "We also got word of some 'lone wolf' camping up on the hills there. Causin' a little trouble in a couple o' the taverns apparently, go see if you can 'ruff him up a bit." The guard winks and returns to his post.
[21:47] <Dark> I give a slight chuckle through my bread at the exchange
[21:47] *** Dark quit (Connection reset by peer)
[21:47] *** Dark (Dark@sux-DFC12BC4.cable.virginmedia.com) joined
[21:48] <Dorian> ""Renrij thjizzriniit." I laugh breifly.
[21:49] <Spiritcurse> "I'll remember that, thanks." I turn and leave, checking the map for a quick way to the closest circle.
[21:49] <@Codex> The map simply has a bunch of small rings around the edges of the road to Skingrad, with a lot of rings centralised around Kvatch.
[21:49] <Spiritcurse> I shrug and head in the direction of the closest one. The process of elimination is a fine one.
[21:50] <Dorian> I smile andm using my staff as a walking stick, follow.
[21:51] <@Codex> The nearest one appears to be just a 15 minute walk outside of the city, close to the tavern you stole from last time.
[21:54] <@Codex> 200 yards infront of you sits a small encampment. There are five tents, 2 of which appear occupied. Bushes surround the edges of this camp, but the tents tip just over the bushes. Three men in leather armour are stood there, two with a longbow each.
[21:56] <Dorian> I start to ready my crossbow, taking cover behind whatever cover exists nearby.
[21:57] <Spiritcurse> After a brief spell of concealment, I ready my bow and sneak closer, staying behind bushes and trees as best I can.
[22:00] <Dorian> I start to take aim, tracing the torso of one of the men. I then realise that long range is a horrible idea, and start to move in closer.
[22:01] <@Codex> Illeanat goes unnoticed on his approach, As does Hashish.
[22:05] <Dorian> I once again begin to take aim, making sure that my shot will go dead on when I fire.
[22:06] <Spiritcurse> Catching Hashish's eye, I make a small illusion of three foot high blue men in front of me. As he watches, two of them are hit by arrows, and the other one is surrounded by stars and looks dazed. Then, the three vanish.
[22:06] <Spiritcurse> I take aim at the man closest to myself with my bow, hoping my message was understood.
[22:16] <@Codex> Illeanat's arrow courses through the air and strikes his target archer in the knee, making it difficult for him to walk, Hashish's arrow bolt's straight into the arm of his target (The
[22:20] <@Codex> As both the targets yell out in pain, they wake their partners in the tents. One of the tents fall down, as a bandit attempts to stand up whilst inside it.
[22:24] <@Codex> The one bandit who was shot in the arm attempts to aim his bow at you, but is unable to raise his box. The one shot in the knee is busy losing his shit over the arrow in his knee. One bandit begins to charge at you.
[22:25] <Dorian> I smile, and begin to reload my crossbow.
[22:28] <Spiritcurse> From the opposite side of the glade to me, a volley of six more arrows zip towards the running swordsman, all missing by distances ranging from inches to yards and thudding into the group.
[22:31] <@Codex> The swordsman stumbles in reaction, almost falling over. He yells something unintelligable and continues his run, delayed by a couple of seconds. The two bandits in bed have managed to scramble out of their tent, sharing an awkardly underdressed moment looking for their attackers.
[22:31] <@Codex> The two that have been hit are yelling loudly about their limbs.
[22:36] <Spiritcurse> Taking advantage of the distraction, I reload and take aim at the swordsman, waiting for him to close in.
[22:37] <Dorian> Having finally reloaded, I also take a breif moment to aim, awaiting a good moment to shoot his face off.
[22:42] <Spiritcurse> After a further second of aiming, I release another arrow, removing most of the face of the swordsman.
[22:43] <Dorian> I, somewhat redundantly, shoot the man in the left leg.
[22:44] <@Codex> The swordsman appears to carrry on for a moment, arrows sticking out of both face and knee, the mans eyes go dim as he realises, he can't even go to guard duty after this defeat. He drops to the floorand skids a little, drawing attention to the area you two are hidden.
[22:45] <@Codex> The two barely dressed bandits both pick up swords from under a bush and knock over the bandit with an arrow through their knee as they run towards you both, wobbley bits abound.
[22:48] *** Dark quit (Connection reset by peer)
[22:48] *** Dark (Dark@sux-DFC12BC4.cable.virginmedia.com) joined
[22:48] <Dorian> Seeing the men with scary looking weapons, I drop my crossbow. Contrary to popular opinion on Khajiit, I then pull out my sword, letting out a loud warcry that sounds suspiciously like a hiss.
[22:49] <Spiritcurse> I step from my cover and sling my bow over my shoulder. With a nod, two purple and red fireballs appear in my hands. "Try me."
[22:50] <@Codex> the two incoming bandits look at each other and pause momentarily. They look to the two in attackers with armour and back at themselves. Without armour. They turn back into the camp and dive for a rock a little ways from the camp.
[22:50] <Dorian> "One way of doing things."
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> "I frequently find the implication of death by fire is just as efficient."
[22:51] <@Codex> You hear the lamenting cry of one of the bandits from earlier, the one archer that was shot in the knee, as he spots the puddle of blood he has been producing.
[22:52] <Spiritcurse> I walk over to him, making the fireballs vanish. "What seems to be the problem, friend?"
[22:53] <Dorian> Remembering myself, I take a few seconds to retrieve my bolts and reload my crossbow.
[22:54] <Spiritcurse> "That's a point, mind fetching mine? It's sticking out of the face of our friend over there, I think."
[22:54] <@Codex> "PROBLEM!?" the bandit shouts, tears streaming from the air. "I've just took a fucking ARROW to the knee!"
[22:55] <Spiritcurse> "Oh, don't be such a baby. Knees grow back."
[22:56] <@Codex> Arrows and bolts retrieved, you spot two almost naked bandits (One male, One female for reference) running away with a small lockbox held between them. They run towards the trees a good 300 yards away.
[22:57] <@Codex> The bandit on the ground, clutching his knee gives a scowl of epic proportions and lashes out at you, but you are easily able to dodge..
[22:57] <Dorian> "Renrij..." I sheathe my sword, and begin running after the bandits with the box.
[22:58] <Spiritcurse> "Now now, less of that. Now, have you or your group stolen a necklace lately?"
[22:58] *** Dark (Dark@sux-DFC12BC4.cable.virginmedia.com) left ()
[23:00] <@Codex> The barley clothed bandits look back and just drop the lockbox as they spot Hashish careening towards them.
[23:01] <@Codex> "What?-- No!" the bandit rolls over, clutching his knee. The other one shot in the arm has simpely stayed silent.
[23:02] <Spiritcurse> "Well, do you at least have any money? I hate to think we've just savagely attacked three people for no material gain."
[23:04] <@Codex> "If we had money, do you think we'd live like THAT!?" he points sharply to the broken tent.
[23:04] <Spiritcurse> "This is a good point. Well, in that case, I think we can come to a mutually agreeable deal here."
[23:07] <@Codex> The man points to the bush where the lockbox was hidden. "Take it and leave, just please, leave enough for us to find a healer." he gestures to his friend, who has stayed silent with an arrow sticking out of their arm. He simply sits, looking the opposite way of the arrow, white as snow.
[23:08] <Spiritcurse> "Oh, friend, I don't wish to rob you. I think we could work together quite well."
[23:08] <@Codex> He looks at you, waiting for your words.
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> "There's a certain object I wish to obtain. Now, the object itself is of no consequence, but the stealing of the object..."
[23:09] *** Dorian quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- Organize your IRC)
[23:09] <@Codex> ~~~~~End of Session~~~~~
[23:10] <@Codex> Cliffhanger?
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TES Campaign

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum