D&D 4e game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D&D 4e game.

Post by Blue starsong on Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 pm

The beginning of this campaign will see each player run a short introduction, and then join the group to begin the main adventure. I look forward to running this with you guys!

[23:46] <@Codex> The wind flows through your hair as you stand atop a hill overlooking the port-town of Kemlyn. The air is salty with the smell of the sea and gull calls chime through the sky. Watdo?
[23:48] <Spiritcurse> "Finally, civilisation..." I mutter, striding towards the town and adjusting my bag. "Should be able to stock up here at least."
[23:49] <@Codex> The town looks very small from up here, though you see a small market place, if you could call it that. Looks to be about a five minute walk.
[23:50] <Spiritcurse> Bag adjusted, I continue walking, breaking into a light jog as the breeze lifts my spirits.
[23:52] <@Codex> You jog gracefully through a thick patch of trees to get to the town, but as you do so, your foot catches on something and you hear a mechanical clank behind you.
[23:53] <Spiritcurse> I turn to the noise and crouch to investigate.
[23:55] <@Codex> A metal maw presents itself to you, with it's rust covered teeth. This thing couldn't have taken off an arm or a leg off of you, but it would definately have left you infected.
[23:56] <Spiritcurse> "Probably just a hunter." I go back to my jogging, taking extra care to avoid undergrowth and the like.
[23:56] <@Codex> As you look over the odd contraption, you hear shuffling in the brush about 50 foot away from you.
[23:56] <Spiritcurse> "Is there somebody there?" I call out, scanning the area.
[23:58] <@Codex> The wind rustles the brush about and you see an odd creature ahead of you. It's very small and looks far too... fluffy for this climate.
[23:59] <Spiritcurse> I ask "Aww, hello! What are you?" while shuffling closer to it, one hand outstretched with a small chunk of meat from my bag.
[00:01] <@Codex> It freezes at your approach and you notice that it's eyes are red. You have never seen anything like the creature before, but you identify it's white fur and four legs, the hind two of which are far larger than the fore two.
[00:02] <@Codex> You hear the snap of a branch and a curse from a fair distance behind the bush that this creature popped out of.
[00:03] <Spiritcurse> Setting the meat carefully on the ground, I continue. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." Then I flick my eyes up, to investigate this new noise.
[00:07] <@Codex> The creature skitters off quick as a flash. It appears to be extremely confused. Pushing through the bush ahead reaveals a clearing which a calming breeze strolls though, A strong contrast to the twang of a bowstring.
[00:08] <@Codex> An arrow shoots past you and embeds itself into a nearby tree. There are draw markings on the dark feather protruding from the arrow.
[00:10] <@Codex> Yet another arrow embeds itself into the tree and you hear a voice curse in a language unknown to you. Ahead is a single drow, in the process of dropping his bow and reaching for a shortsword at his belt.
[00:18] <Spiritcurse> I sprint towards him, drifting of the ground as I do. Halfway there, I leap into the air, landing behind him, and blast him simultaneously with a jet of air and a blade. "Lay down your arms, and you'll merely die."
[00:20] <@Codex> Rolling forwards with the momentum of your air jet, he swings around with his newly drawn blade and swings wildly, letting out a battle-cry you have heard before.
[00:21] <@Codex> The blow was too wild, you easily parry it. He is left unguarded.
[00:23] <@Codex> You hear more scrambling about 50 feet away behind the trees to your left, someone is running away.
[00:26] <Spiritcurse> I swing for his head but miss, focusing mostly on conjuring a small telekinetic construct, which I send after the trap I almost stumbled into before.
[00:27] <@Codex> Scrambling away from your last blow, he takes the oppertunity to strike again, this time going for a stabbing motion rather than a swing.
[00:28] <@Codex> The wind seems to blow his sword off course and his eyes fill with worry.
[00:28] <Spiritcurse> "That's right. Beginning to regret this?"
[00:30] <Spiritcurse> I mutter another command to my creation, then slash towards the eyes of the drow, my sword glinting in the light.
[00:35] <@Codex> With a crack, the drow falls limp at your sword, making the clearing a lot less pretty. Or a lot more, depending on what you're into. The breeze flutters through again, but this time it is filled with purpose. A word is carried upon the wind.
[00:36] <@Codex> "...the chalice..." echoes upon the wind and you feel the word whisked away, along with something else significant that was in the clearing a moment ago.
[00:38] <Spiritcurse> "Hmm... I should probably get to town" I say to nobody in particular, then dismiss my mage hand and walk.
[00:39] <@Codex> The rest of your journey is uneventful, you reach the town that is filled with people. Elves, Humans, Dwarves, even a Tiefling walks among a group a robed humans, laughing and joking. The population looks a lot more elven than anything, with Humans coming up second and dwarves a close third.
[00:41] <Spiritcurse> I head for a tavern, preferably a busy one, and keep my ears wide open for rumours or interesting gossip.
[00:42] <@Codex> ~~~End of Session!~~~
[00:42] <@Codex> To be continued, says the lazy DM.
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Blue starsong on Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 pm

[22:27] <@Codex> It's a warm day in the forest a few miles from the port town of Kemlyn. A tall and slight elven character makes his way into a camp, the bushes nearby are noisy with life and there is an open and seemingly unattended campfire in the middle of the clearing.
[22:27] <Spiritcurse> Spotting a fire, I make my way into the clearing, my sword ready for another possible ambush and muttering a prayer to my gods.
[22:29] <tavolk> I too seeing the fire enter this clearing. Stumbling slightly and as I draw my hammer I slump slightly with its weight.
[22:30] <Dorian> A strange animal, part lion, part wolf, and part crocodile, walks up to the fire, curling up next to it.
[22:32] <tavolk> I stumble forward and poke the strange beast with the head of my hammer. "Watsy this then?" I sit next to the beast.
[22:32] <Spiritcurse> I cock my head at the man, then settle into a combat stance.
[22:32] <Dorian> I shift back into my humanoid form, "Don;t do that."
[22:33] <tavolk> "Well thats a wierdy interesting thingy you can do there." I smile "So... I'm rogrimar" I stick my hand out in a friendly way.
[22:34] <Spiritcurse> "Well, that was close. Who are you two?"
[22:34] <Dorian> "Elendil."
[22:34] <Dorian> I glance at the hand, before turning back to the fire.
[22:34] <Spiritcurse> "I'm Althaea."
[22:35] <Dorian> I sigh, and relax a lot.
[22:36] <tavolk> I swig a small flask and survey my surroundings.
[22:37] <Spiritcurse> "So, what brings you two out here?"
[22:38] <tavolk> "This fire was burning... Figured I'd have a wander, gander, look, over here" I sigh a little
[22:41] <tavolk> I take another large swig and cork the flask.
[22:43] <Dorian> I crack my knuckles and glance around, back on edge again.
[22:44] <Spiritcurse> I draw my sword and pick up a small stone. "Who goes there?"
[22:45] <tavolk> With unlikely speed I bring my hammer to a fighting stance and brace for a charge.
[22:45] <@Codex> An elven woman approaches through the bush, seemingly quiet, but noticed.
[22:47] <tavolk> I crack a grin and walk forward. I lower my hammer and hold out a hand to shake "Hi"
[22:47] <@Codex> An elven MAN approaches through the bush, seemingly quiet but noticed.
[22:47] <tavolk> I crack a grin and walk forward. I lower my hammer and hold out a hand to shake "Hi"
[22:49] <Kite> "Hello." He says simply at the person before him not sure how to react to the friendliness.
[22:49] <@Codex> You all feel an odd pulse. A call of sorts, but it isn't audial. It almost seems to pull you in a certain direction.
[22:50] <@Codex> A silence penetrates the clearing.
[22:50] <tavolk> I turn my head to face the direction. "this may just be last nights stay at the inn but... You guys feeling that?"
[22:50] <Spiritcurse> "Yes, and I can't say it seems good."
[22:50] <tavolk> I hoist my hammer a little.
[22:51] <Kite> The eladrin, though easy to mistake as an elf, reaches down for his wand before sighing.
[22:52] <@Codex> Another pulse. A definate direction.
[22:53] <Spiritcurse> "Right, this needs investigating."
[22:53] <Kite> "I guess." The eladrin says simply.
[22:53] <Spiritcurse> "I vote you go first."
[22:54] <Kite> "As you wish milady." He says with a bow before going towards the source.
[22:54] <@Codex> The silence outside of the clearing is broken. Insects of all kinds begin to rush past your feet, all heading due east.
[22:54] <Spiritcurse> "It's nice to see that chivalry isn't dead."
[22:55] <tavolk> I raise a hand " I'll lead." I move my cloak to show the full plate I'm wearing below.
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> "Even better."
[22:57] <Kite> "So then let's go. It's best not to wait at times like this."
[22:57] <[1]Architects> Suddenly. Shadow drops in front of you and slowly uncloaks. (Like a deatheater thing on Harry Potter) "Sup".
[22:58] <tavolk> I twist around swinging my hammer. "DIE FIEND"
[22:59] <@Codex> While you swung your hammer with full force, it does not meet its target. Infact, it comes to a stop directly infront of the Drow figure infront of you.
[23:00] <@Codex> Again, another sword is stopped before it meets it target, by another wordly force.
[23:00] <tavolk> "WHAT FELL MAGIC IS THIS!" I say through gritted teeth.
[23:00] <Spiritcurse> "I don't know, I've never seen an enemy this well guarded!"
[23:03] <tavolk> I lower my hammer. I look around again "Perhaps this is ... It would fit the legend..." I pause thinking
[23:04] <@Codex> A magic missile is launched forth from the Eldarin's wand, however it simply pops before meeting it's target.
[23:05] <[1]Architects> I look blankly towards the group. (In the voice of Ryuzaki "Yes, I would consider that a primary factor... However im interested in joining this band you have."
[23:06] <Spiritcurse> "It needs to die."
[23:06] <tavolk> "Stop that you fool" I turn and march towards the wizard drunkenness giving way to the stern heart of a warrior "This is a sacred place" I turn back towards the Drow. "You know this place?"
[23:06] <@Codex> Another pulse. Stronger. Small animals rush past, the bushes niegh rumble with the force of the beings passing through.
[23:08] <Kite> "This.. is slightly... unsettling."
[23:10] <Spiritcurse> "Agreed, this being must be causing it."
[23:11] <tavolk> "No its not him"
[23:11] <[1]Architects> Turning towards the stout alcoholic. "I do."
[23:11] <tavolk> "How long have you been here?"
[23:13] <[1]Architects> "Many years, as far as I can perceive in my mind... Do not remember much, I have lived on this island for years. Scouring the woods and living off the land."
[23:14] <tavolk> "Have you felt the call before then?" I ask indicating the animals around us
[23:16] <[1]Architects> "No, this is something new."
[23:17] <@Codex> The pull strengthens once more, clouding your thoughts and dulling your senses.
[23:17] <tavolk> "Freyja..." I mutter "Come with us then... " I pause for a name from the Drow
[23:18] <[1]Architects> "Well, I'm not sure if this is my true name. When I first arrived it was engraved on the sword I have; Hayabusa"
[23:20] <tavolk> I raise an eyebrow "Hayabusa..." I turn to the assembled people in the grove " The call you are feeling is Freyja, she must need something if she has chosen to call us. I intend to answer this call. Will any of you accompany me?"
[23:21] <Kite> "I will."
[23:21] <Spiritcurse> "I'll come with you, but I'm not happy with this", I utter, pointing violently to the drow.
[23:21] <[1]Architects> "You have my sword."
[23:22] <Dorian> "And my claw."
[23:23] <tavolk> I look on this new forged party and say "So be it. Then let us go forth." I turn and begin to walk away. I glance to my waist and disgustedly throw a hipflask away. Intending to never again touch the source of my suffering.
[23:24] <Spiritcurse> I catch the flash. "Gonna need this" I murmur, one again glaring at the drow.
[23:25] <[1]Architects> Blanks you completely and clears throat.
[23:26] <tavolk> "Be nice now. For a drow... He's as nice as you'll find them. After all he was hidden all this time. Could have killed any one of us if he wanted too."
[23:26] <@Codex> Following the pulse takes you throught the forest, towards the island's only mountain. Unfortunately, the call dims and wanes as you press on.
[23:27] <Spiritcurse> "Not if I'd got the first hit. Right, how're we going about this?"
[23:29] <tavolk> "You feel it weakening too?"
[23:29] <Spiritcurse> "I do."
[23:29] <tavolk> "One moment" I sit and begin a short religious chant.
[23:29] <@Codex> When you next expect the pulse to go (It's been going periodically) it simply wavers.
[23:31] <tavolk> My eyes fly open "The source of the call is weakening. If this is Freyja then something is overpowering her. I say we make for that mountain, see what we can see from its heights."
[23:33] <Spiritcurse> "Who is Freyja? I know little of the gods of mortals."
[23:34] <Spiritcurse> "Also, I know something of this. I've read of it before in my father's manuscripts, something magical is attacking the world from inside this mountain - he wrote of such a pulse."
[23:35] <tavolk> "Freyja, the god of all things natural. I have often mused that she may be the god keeping this island balanced and safe."
[23:36] <Spiritcurse> "So if she's balancing this island, and a magical being is indeed attacking, we need to get there quick."
[23:37] <tavolk> "Something inside the mountain..." I turn to the party "Do any of you know of any way into the mountain?" I look at the Drow "You've been here a while, know anything?"
[23:38] <Kite> "I know of a way."
[23:39] <tavolk> I turn to him "Can you show us?"
[23:40] <Kite> "Yes follow." He says simply before heading ot the side of the mountain.
[23:41] <tavolk> I nod once and follow keeping close to the eldarin wizard. Making sure I can keep him out of harms way if needed.
[23:42] <Spiritcurse> I follow, sword drawn and a handful of pebbles ready.
[23:42] <Kite> "I know the way like the back of my hand, there is no reason to be worried about me." He says to the human.
[23:44] <tavolk> I drop back slightly and hang next to the other two.
[23:45] <[1]Architects> Following next to the human.
[23:45] <@Codex> The pulse is now completely gone, but you move with purpose and vigour towards the mountain. You arrive at the bottom of the steep incline, the tree canopy clearing, allowing you to see a niegh cloudless sky.
[23:50] <[1]Architects> An arrow comes speeding towards the party, me specifically, I dodge it.
[23:50] <[1]Architects> I also pat the human on the shoulder.
[23:51] <@Codex> Three loud squeaks are heard from above as the party looks up collectively, after the drow shifts out of the arrows way, leaving a trail of shadow.
[23:53] <tavolk> "Good dodge there"
[23:54] <@Codex> The three figures above are short in stature, but because of the sun's position, it is hard to see anything more than the siloutte of these odd, mishapen figures.
[23:57] <[1]Architects> I quickly draw my sword, and bring shadow forth on one of the silhouettes.
[00:01] <[1]Architects> I move closer to the mountain
[00:02] <@Codex> A silhouette skids down the side of the rock face at break-neck speed and launches itself at the man in shinies, letting forth a wild and croaky battle-cry.
[00:04] <@Codex> The failed attack reveals the shape to be scaely in nature, and fairly spindely.
[00:06] <@Codex> After landing, the creature is swiftly bludgeoned, almost in reaction to his appearance. "I don't think so!"
[00:07] <@Codex> Rogrimar yells.
[00:08] <tavolk> Still moving from the hit I just made I continue to bring my hammer back down attempting to crush the beast under the weight of my attack.
[00:11] <tavolk> The hammer comes down in a mighty blow. The skull shatters and the body falls limp. I turn to the creatures still on the ledge and yell "By the blood of my ancestors I will have y#our blood!"
[00:13] <@Codex> The second figure, prepairing to jump down, changes his mind just a split second after it's too late and falls off of the edge of his perch, down towards the party.
[00:16] <@Codex> On it's way down, the creature is smashed by a bolt of magic and lands upon an outstretched blade. That's fukken teamwork.
[00:17] <tavolk> "I warned you" I say as I grin up at the final creature
[00:19] <@Codex> The final creature takes pause and looks over the party. Suddenly, the staff in its hand is noticed, as they push it forth into the sky, letting out a much lower, gutteral cry.
[00:20] <@Codex> An energy orb appears and is dropped upon the head of the armoured one, acid splashing immidiately around them.
[00:24] <tavolk> Through my grin I chuckle and hold my hands aloft. I become shrouded in a golden light the light heals the little amount of acid that got through and stops the rest of the damage. I check the party is still okay and hold my hammer aloft. "It'll take more than that to stop us foul beast!"
[00:26] <Kite> "Good to know." The eladrin says before turning and send a missile of magic energy at the last figure.
[00:30] <Spiritcurse> Teleporting a short way up, I leap the rest of the distance and land beside the creature. I swipe for his head as hand glow behind me, launching him head over heels off the ledge.
[00:32] <[1]Architects> I click my fingers. "Might as well kick them while they are down"
[00:33] <tavolk> I Swing my hammer into the falling enemy with all my might. As it falls past it becomes consumed with holy fire.
[00:33] <Kite> And the leadrin sends another magic missile for assurance.
[00:35] <@Codex> As this somehow both shadowy and holy emitting ball of fire is further pushed into the distance by a 3rd bolt of arcane energy, you think about the adventures to come and if anything could possibely stand up to your collective might.
[00:35] <@Codex> ~~~End of Session!~~~
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Blue starsong on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 am

[23:30] <Codex> After batting a staff wielding Kobold off of the edge of a small mountain, the party feels generally good about themselves. For some reason. Apparently beating Lizard folk is fun, who would have known? The path looks more or less clear, barring the occasional cave entrance on the way to a waterfall around the middle of the mountain.
[23:31] <Tavolk> I turn to my comrades. "You fought well." Then to the eldarin "Lead on sir."
[23:31] <Spiritcurse> "Well, that was entertaining. I'll see if I can spot anything useful from up here."
[23:33] <Kite> The eladrin nods before pausing... "My name... at least the one I go by is Jacob." With that he continues to lead the way through the mountain.
[23:33] <@Dorian> I sigh, returning to my beast form to better ignore the idiocy. And to move faster.
[23:34] <Codex> Unfortunately, the path is close against the mountain. You can tell that there are more caves and ledges on the way up, however, Also, there is an obviously climable wall leading back down to the path.
[23:34] <Tavolk> "What a wise and bountiful name." I say with a smirk to the Drow
[23:40] <Codex> The draw quickly and silently scales the wall.
[23:42] <Kite> Jacob follows after the drow silently.
[23:47] <Tavolk> "Guys, I won't make it up there in this full plate. Someone throw me a rope?"
[23:47] <Codex> From the ledge, your vantage point is the exact same as before, the latest climber (Jacob) however notices a canvas like sheet on the floor.
[23:48] <Kite> The eladrin looks down towards the object to see what it is.
[23:49] <Codex> There is a glint from under the canvas.
[23:49] <Kite> Jacob shrugs before moving the canvas.
[23:49] <Codex> SWORDS.
[23:50] <Codex> Two of them.
[23:50] <Spiritcurse> "I could use a sword. Somebody, test them for magic?"
[23:50] <@Dorian> I growl and start to examine the swords.
[23:51] <Tavolk> "Whats that up there?
[23:51] <Codex> One appears to be long and with a slight curve. The second appears to be a traditional knight's sword.
[23:52] <Kite> "We found two swords." He says to the knight. "Wait one moment, I'll try to help you up."
[23:53] <Architects> "This ledge will not hold us all. I shall drop down"
[23:55] <@Dorian> With a grin, I pick up the sword in my mouth and begin to descend.
[23:57] <Tavolk> "It looks like the path continues on this way. We should head onwards. Freyja needs us."
[23:59] <Kite> "Then let us go."
[00:00] <Spiritcurse> "Aye, let's go."
[00:00] <Spiritcurse> I kick the sword off the ledge, then leap down.
[00:02] <Kite> Jacob climbs down again be fore he begis to lead the way once more.
[00:02] <Tavolk> I pick the sword from the ground and add it to my pack.
[00:04] <Codex> Continuing along the path, you pass a large cave entrance. The roar of a waterfall tickles the edge of your hearing and an echoing cry is emitted from within the cave.
[00:07] <Codex> As the party passes the cave entrance, a boar charges out, but since everybody was paying attention, they are all able to attempt to dodge.
[00:10] <Codex> The boar is unable to stop itself as it charges the party, and so goes over the edge.
[00:10] <Codex> There goes your next meal.
[00:11] <Tavolk> "What?" I peer off the edge.
[00:12] <Kite> "That happens sometimes... So, shall we continue?"
[00:12] <Spiritcurse> "Indeed, let's roll."
[00:12] <@Dorian> I glance over and spare a moment for the boar.
[00:12] <Tavolk> "Yes... " I glance to my hip to check that I haven't been drinking again...
[00:13] <Architects> "You threw your flask."
[00:13] <Kite> The eladrin nods before he continues to lead.
[00:14] <Tavolk> "Indeed. I just had to check... That was... odd..."
[00:14] <Codex> Rounding the second corner has the party arriving at the edge of a waterfall. It crashes down from the top of the mountain into the island's only river.
[00:15] <Architects> "Consider a drink?"
[00:18] <Tavolk> "How much farther Jacob?"
[00:21] <Codex> The one leading party forwards notices something unfamiliar on their mountain.
[00:21] <Codex> There's a hole behind the waterfall. And a small ledge that could be shimmied along.
[00:22] <Spiritcurse> "I'll go first. Get ready for an ambush."
[00:22] <Tavolk> I prepare my hammer for a fight
[00:22] <@Dorian> I growl, indicating with practiced precision that I will follow the Eladrin soldier.
[00:23] <Kite> "Now that... is strange." Jacob says before getting ready to go there himself.
[00:26] <Spiritcurse> I make my way across, taking the first step into the cave.
[00:27] <Tavolk> "it clear in there?"
[00:29] <Codex> The cave appears to be clear at first, however it is very dark.
[00:31] <Spiritcurse> "Dark, but yes."
[00:31] <@Dorian> I test the ledge carefully before starting to cross. It doesn't go well. I take a dunk in the water.
[00:32] <Kite> "Are you okay?" The eladrin says as he makes it in successfully.
[00:34] <Tavolk> "Okay then. Nothing seems to be folowing us, I'm coming in." I make it into the cave mouth. My eyes fail to ajust to the darkness. Then with consideration i inform the drow to cover his eyes for a second.
[00:35] <@Dorian> I hiss as I hit the water, before swimming to the edge and starting to climb up the edge.
[00:37] <Tavolk> My weapon begins to glow with a holy light. Eluminating the cave.
[00:38] <Codex> As the cave is ILLuminated by the holy light, a quick scurrying is detected from the corner of your eyes.
[00:38] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[00:40] *** Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[00:41] <Codex> A shuffling of feet. A squeak.
[00:41] <Tavolk> I prepare for battle and gesture for the others to spread out. I hand out a sun rod to whoever is willing to take it.
[00:44] <@Dorian> In the background, I scramble up by the waterfall.
[00:47] *** [1]Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[00:47] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[00:47] *** [1]Kite changed nick to Kite
[00:50] <Codex> An oddly gutteral moan comes from deep within the cave.
[00:51] <Codex> There's is more scurrying, getting quieter.
[00:51] <Architects> "We should continue"
[00:51] <Tavolk> "We should follow that noise. It doesn't sound good."
[00:51] <@Dorian> "Grrrrr....."
[00:51] <Spiritcurse> "Aww, good... thing." I pet the druid.
[00:52] <@Dorian> I snap at the Eladrin's hand.
[00:52] <Spiritcurse> "Bad druid."
[00:52] <Tavolk> I lead the party further into the cave preparing a prayer
[00:52] <Architects> "No kinky sex games in that corner"
[00:53] <Codex> An Acid Arrow flies over the shoulder of Alth-.
[00:57] <Codex> Before you stands 4 lizard men. They hold staves, link arms and open their maws.
[01:01] <Spiritcurse> I leap forward, yelling a war cry, and smash the first the the ground with a quick bash over the head.
[01:02] <Codex> The Kobold resists your blow and stays standing, bloodied and ready.
[01:03] <Codex> The entire line of Kobolds shift 5 ft forwards and looks revitalised.
[01:05] <@Dorian> I run towards the line of Kobolds before turning into a whirling claw-y death circle.
[01:08] <@Dorian> I then proceed to shift backwards around 5ft.
[01:10] <Codex> In reponse to this, the 1st kobold looks revitalised again, and he shifts forwards again taking holy damage from the earlier prayer of the paladin.
[01:12] <Architects> Shadows encase my blade as I thrust towards the first lizard. The sword sheens in the light as the limbs from the Lizard are severed.
[01:15] <Tavolk> I stare into the second lizard. I say a quick prayer followed by a cry of "You will feel true pain today."
[01:16] <Tavolk> I attack without care for my own safety. My hammer swings at the second lizard.
[01:19] <Tavolk> As I feed my own life into the hammer I strike home criticaly injuring the beast. It lets out a cry of terror. As I yell heroicly.
[01:22] <Kite> Right as the attack ends a magic missile flies into the monster's head killing it right there with a small explosion of arcane force.
[01:23] <Codex> The final two Kobolds shift forwards, letting out a gush of acid before them, As they shift you hear mail clinking behind their symbol'd tabards.
[01:29] <Codex> The acid burns through armour and seriously damages a couple members of the party, primarily the longsword wielding eldarin.
[01:31] <Codex> They then draw their staves and let go of each others hands, preparing for the envitable, one grins a toothy grin, the other looks filled with fear and regret.
[01:31] <Kite> "That...hurt..."
[01:35] <Spiritcurse> I turn, throw one to the ground and stab it through the face, shouting various eladrin curse words. Afterwards, I blush. "Sorry about that."
[01:40] <Tavolk> I charge at the last lizard yelling a prayer for my Eldarin friends.
[01:40] *** [1]Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[01:41] <Tavolk> Along with my Drow companion
[01:41] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[01:45] *** Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[01:45] <Tavolk> Behind me they are revitalised. My charge continues straight into the Lizard. In an almighty crash my hammer collides with the beasts skull. The power of my gods surges through me empowering my next shout. "YOU WILL DIE HERE TODAY FIEND!"
[01:45] *** [2]Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[01:45] *** [1]Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[01:47] <Tavolk> I wheel around and lead a second attack into him.
[01:48] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[01:48] *** [2]Kite changed nick to Kite
[01:48] <Tavolk> My gods bless the attack and it strikes home. Crippling the beast.
[01:53] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[01:53] <@Dorian> I dash back before running at the Kobold, using the additional momentum to miss horrifically. I then shift back a bit to get me out of range on any pokey things.
[01:53] *** Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[01:56] <Codex> As the final Kobold is consumed by shadow, it screams in croaky and gutteral tone, low for a lizard this small and squeaky.
[01:56] <Codex> There are yelps from further down the cave, followed by a challenging roar that shakes the very foundations of your soul.
[01:57] <Codex> ~~~End of Session~~~
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Twilightwings on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:31 am

Sorry for missing the ending, I had to drive someone home.. not that you guys needed me xD

On a compleely off topc subject, that was dangerous xD
avatar
Twilightwings
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Posts : 245
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 25
Location : Mount Silver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Blue starsong on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 am

It was, but you all gained precisely one metric fuckton of exp for that encounter. 800 / 5 + RP bonus (40).

200 exp each! You should all be at 1350 exp now, except Dorian because he missed the first session, so he is at 1200 exp.

Kite, if you can get on skype with us, we can skip a lot of the typing in OOC and we actually communicate, making the game run a bit faster. Fancy hopping on skype with us next time?
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Blue starsong on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:34 am

[22:35] <Codex> The corridor is covered with the corpses of a fair few Kobolds. They all bear the same tabard and look very well kept for lizard men. Barring that, their blood spilled on the floor makes for a slippy and (objectively) sickening view.
[22:36] <Tavolk> "That shout sounds mad..." Rogrimar says "We should be quick and investigate."
[22:37] <Spiritcurse> "Agreed. I'll check the tabard."
[22:37] <Tavolk> "First we should search these corpses for clues"
[22:48] <Codex> The tabards all bear an alterd symbol of Tiamat. Your party wizard checks the staves on the ground for magic, along with the corpses. He picks up one of the staves and pronounces "This one is more powerful than the rest."
[22:49] <@Dorian> I shift back into elf form and take the staff, "I'll have this."
[22:49] <Codex> Jacob nods and turns to the rest of the kobolds, continuing his investigation.
[22:50] <@Dorian> I then shift back into beast form, assimillating the staff into my form.
[22:54] <Tavolk> "Wizard, can you cast any magic to shed us some light? If so then lead on."
[22:55] <Codex> Jacob nods and steps forwards. He flips a coin up into the air, which begins to emmit light and float about 5 ft ahead of the party. He then proceeds down the corridor.
[22:56] <Architects> "Let us press on"
[22:56] <Tavolk> I follow close behind him, ready to push him behind me at a moments notice.
[22:56] <Tavolk> "Indeed"
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> I follow behind, sword drawn and ready.
[22:57] <Tavolk> As we move away I also prepare a prayer in case of more hostiles.
[22:59] <@Dorian> My fur stands on edge and I start to growl.
[23:00] <Codex> As the corridor leads on, you notice that the corridor turns more from a cave into a proper corridor with bricks in the wall instead of stones. The path becomes paved and a light appears up ahead, along with a loud and angry voice in the distance.
[23:02] <Spiritcurse> "Right, I think stealth is called for."
[23:03] <Tavolk> I look at the drow. "You're up"
[23:03] <Architects> "Of course." Shrouds into shadow.
[23:08] <Tavolk> "Call if you need me." I prepare to rush to my comrades aid if needed. I also whisper a quick prayer for them.
[23:11] <Codex> Before you is the following scene: http://img.techpowerup.org/120602/Capture191.jpg
[23:11] <Architects> Noticing the winch on the other side I sneak across.
[23:14] <Architects> Doing a triple barrel roll izuna shark dive, I jump across to the otherside subtley and slash the rope.
[23:15] <Codex> The pile of crates on the ceiling fall down upon the group of Kobold miners and the Drow in the middle of the room. Shrieks and curses are heard, and not one kobold gets out.
[23:17] <Codex> One of the Kobold's shouts "[Unintelegable] ROOK, NO! [Unintelegable.]"
[23:18] <Codex> A roar is heard once again further into the cave. A very angry roar.
[23:32] <Spiritcurse> I walk into the cavern and investigate the boxes.
[23:33] <@Dorian> From the massive crash, I rush down the corridor to the room.
[23:34] <Tavolk> I follow quickly after. Hammer raised high. "You guys okay?" I eye the crushed bodies warily.
[23:37] <Codex> The boxes appear to contain metals and rocks. One box appears to have something glinting inside with a steel like colour to it.
[23:38] <Architects> I drop down from the ledge to join the gathering
[23:38] <Spiritcurse> "Does anybody know much about metals?"
[23:38] <Tavolk> I move over to search the crates alongside the others.
[23:39] <Tavolk> I know a little. Why?
[23:39] <Spiritcurse> "Any of these valuable?"
[23:39] <@Dorian> I growl and shake my head.
[23:41] <Tavolk> "Some yes. But unrefined like this they would take a lot of effort to remove."
[23:41] <@Dorian> I start to growl rather more angrily.
[23:41] <Spiritcurse> "Well, could you sort them? We can cart at least a few out."
[23:43] <Tavolk> "I would advise against that. Mining in an area we can associate with Freyja god of all things natural is blasphemous. Plus," I gesture at the druid "I don't think he'd like mining anywhere."
[23:43] <@Dorian> I bark in agreement, and start to growl again.
[23:46] <Tavolk> I pull out of the crates a set of armour. On the front I notice a symbol.
[23:49] <Architects> "This is the symbol of Kord."
[23:52] <Tavolk> "Indeed. I examine the armour to see if its magical in any way."
[23:55] <Tavolk> "Give me a moment" I rest and during the rest I replace my current chestplate with the new one.
[23:58] <@Dorian> Towards the end of the rest, I start to growl at something down the corridoor.
[00:05] <Tavolk> "Well" I grin "That was nice"
[00:06] <Spiritcurse> "What just happened?"
[00:06] <Tavolk> "I think this baby just healed me..." I tap my chestplate
[00:09] *** [1]Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[00:09] *** [1]Kite changed nick to Kite
[00:33] <Tavolk> "I say we move futher into this cave!"
[00:33] <Spiritcurse> "Agreed."
[00:33] <Tavolk> I wait for the party to move on. Taking the stance of a rear guard. I glance around nervously
[00:34] <@Dorian> I stand near the middle of the party, giving me maximum charge range in each direction.
[00:34] <Architects> "Follow the yellow brick road!"
[00:34] <Spiritcurse> I stand between the paladin and the druid, checking my sword for more powers.
[00:42] <Codex> As the party moves forwards, the corridor narrows and gets darker.
[00:44] <Codex> With Jacob's next step forward, the floor goes in a little deeper. A grinding. The rumble of stone against stone. A LOUD smash.
[00:45] <Codex> A roar, almost a cackle.
[00:45] <Codex> Run!
[00:46] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[00:49] <@Dorian> I turn and bolt at rather a lot faster than I had been moving before.
[00:49] *** Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[00:54] <Architects> I turn insubstantial as the boulder passes through me.
[00:55] <Codex> As the Drow and Human trip, the drow bursts into an immaterial substance and carries on going.
[00:55] <Spiritcurse> I dodge sideways, avoiding the boulder.
[01:05] <Tavolk> I trip and stumble, knowing I am unable to make it away and seeing the wizard also fall I make a stand. I call for assistance from my god, turn and put all of my energy into one massive attack. The head of my hammer crackles with the power of the storm and the impact into the boulder stops it dead, it freezes for a moment before smashing into small pieces.
[01:05] <Tavolk> I turn to the party members "Everyone okay?"
[01:06] <Architects> "Welldone."
[01:07] <@Dorian> Stopping when the boulder smashes, I shoot back and purr at Tavolk, rubbing my head agaist his leg in an endearing way.
[01:09] <Tavolk> I chuckle slightly and pat the beast on the head.
[01:15] <Architects> "ITS A TRAP!"
[01:16] <Codex> Thanks to Admiral Akbar, another angry roar is heard ahead.
[01:17] <Spiritcurse> "Right, let's go find whatever's roaring and stab it."
[01:18] <@Dorian> I sigh, and wander ahead, making sure to properly check for traps.
[01:18] <Architects> I follow and attempt to disarm these traps.
[01:18] <Tavolk> I stand still not wanting to face another boulder.
[01:20] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[01:21] <Codex> Jacob withdraws his coin once again and steps forwards, leading the way down the corridor.
[01:22] <@Dorian> I properly check for traps harder, because a few smaller traps aren't the only ones around when a giant fucking boulder rolls at you.
[01:24] <Codex> Rogrimar takes the lead down the corridor, urging the party forth.
[01:27] *** Kite (Kite@sux-A2C8104E.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) joined
[01:28] <Codex> The party arrives in a large, circular room. It's very dark, barring a hole in the centre of the room that immits light.
[01:29] <Codex> There are small figures around the circle in the centre.
[01:29] <Spiritcurse> I whisper. "Assume violence, or say hello?"
[01:29] <Tavolk> "Violence. We can apologise later."
[01:30] <Tavolk> "nothing else has been a friend here."
[01:30] <Kite> "That is true..."
[01:37] <Architects> I sneak around the back of one of these chanters.
[01:38] <@Dorian> I roar and run dead at the chanters, obviously angry at their dessecration of nature through their mining.
[01:38] <Spiritcurse> I sneak the opposite way, getting as close as I can without detection. Which is fairly close.
[01:40] <Tavolk> I charge forward hammer held aloft yelling a prayer and then a cry of "SURRENDER NOW OR BE SMOTE DEAD WITH ALL THE POWER THE ASTRAL SEA HAS TO OFFER!"
[01:41] <Codex> 3 of the hooded figures squeel and jump into the hole, the others stand and appear to be only about 4'8"
[02:04] <Codex> Four of the figures stand and pull back their hoods, shouting in a strange language. Acid bursts out of the hole and up to the ceiling in an angry jet of death.
[02:04] <Codex> They turn to attack to loud human.
[02:11] <Tavolk> As the attacks strike I heal my way through the worst of it.
[02:17] <Kite> "Are you okay?"
[02:17] <Tavolk> "I have this" I say with a grin.
[02:28] <Codex> Two more Kobolds swing for human and join the fray, using an odd fighting style.
[02:30] <Codex> They're suprisingly quick for their frail forms. They look very spindly and delicate.
[02:31] <Tavolk> I swing my hammer and call to my god. crushing the first enemy in front of me.
[02:31] <Tavolk> I let out a cry and curse all nearby foes.
[02:35] <@Dorian> I dash around next to Rogrimar to get optimum positioning for my attack and let out a massive breath of thorns at the group.
[02:39] <@Dorian> Seven of the Kobolds promptly proceed to explode into a pretty red mist.
[02:40] <@Dorian> The universe corrects it maths, and an eigth explodes into red mist.
[02:41] <Tavolk> "Excellent work there my druid companion!"
[02:41] <@Dorian> "Woof!"
[02:41] <Spiritcurse> "Good bo... thing!"
[02:42] <Architects> I approach from the shadow in a whilring storm to attack this kobold.
[02:44] <Architects> The kobold shits itself in anger as my approach from the rear penetrates the body in shadow as parts are shredded from its body and forced in to the pit.
[02:45] <Codex> A rumble and a roar is heard from below.
[02:54] <Kite> Jacob with a wave of his hand sends a missile of silver mana at one of the creatures.
[02:54] <Codex> the kobold lets out a shriek and falls limp, falling into the pit.
[02:55] <Codex> Another roar is heard and a horrible, soul shaking rumble is felt.
[02:56] <Architects> "Thats not fear I smell is it?"
[02:56] <Spiritcurse> I leap from the shadows, disembowling a kobold with a single swipe of my sword.
[03:01] <Tavolk> The final kobold, forced by my curse. Leaps at me acid spewing forth. I laugh maniacally as a holy light envelops me. My hammer quickly strikes forth splattering blood everywhere. The light fades showing me grinning, a small splatter of blood down one cheek I take one swig of my flask.
[03:01] <Codex> A gush of acid from the hole in the centre, the floor shakes and you realise that the cavern below is obviously hollow, meaning the floor you are stood on is quite thin. 2 sets of cloaws sink through the floor upwards into the room from the floor and a black dragon rears it's head from below, stareing at the party with a large, lime coloured eye.
[03:09] <Tavolk> I see the head rising and swing, putting the power of my god behind the hammer. The beast whines as I hit it in the eye.
[03:09] <@Dorian> Fueled by pure adrenaline, I take a few steps backwards and charge the dragon head on, aiming for it's ganaral facial area.
[03:11] <@Dorian> It hits, hurting and somehow crippling it. I then jump back a little, for sensibility's sake.
[03:14] <Spiritcurse> I slash at its throat, using my sword to shock it a little.
[03:21] <Architects> I shadow rush into the dragons eye summoning all possible forms of shadow into the dragon then expunging its head.
[03:32] <Kite> With a small word an orb of energy appears in Jacob's hand before it flies at the dragon striking it.and bursting into si;very blades.
[03:32] <Codex> After this quick and relentless assault on its face, the dragon lets go of the ceiling and drops down into the water, both hurt and ashamed. A massive and violent roar permiates the cave and rattles your ears.
[03:32] <Codex> ~~~End of Session!~~~
avatar
Blue starsong
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 24
Location : Computer

View user profile http://bluestarsong.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: D&D 4e game.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum