Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet)

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet) Empty Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet)

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm

I am in the process of creating a necron turret, I havn't decided if its able to move or not but it probably wont be able to,
at the moment its about 2.5x1.5 inches
I'm using the cover of the battery socket for an electric fly swatter, with half of a bubble holder on either side.
I have cut off the excess plastic and glued them together, now I'm painting.
I will be using old gameboy buttons for decoration and a webcam lens for the cannon.
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet) Empty Re: Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet)

Post by Disposable-hero Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 pm

awesome, though i dont think its a character as such, it still sounds damn cool,
thought up rules for it yet?

is there gonna have to be someone operating it?
whats its BS?
armour values (not very high i shouldnt think, 10 front maximumn)?
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero
Dragon Fodder of the Highest Order

Back to top Go down

Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet) Empty Re: Necron turret (name hasn't been thought up yet)

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 pm

yeah probably, am terrible at thinkin up stats n rules 4 stuff tho. I thought bout someone operating it but seeing as all necron machinery is automatic i think this should be the same
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Disposable-hero wrote:
armour values (not very high i shouldnt think, 10 front maximumn)?

the side armour will be highest if you see the model
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:58 pm

oh ok then does it have a weapon already in the codex or will it be a new one?
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Disposable-hero wrote:oh ok then does it have a weapon already in the codex or will it be a new one?
i would say its a heavy guass but seeing as it looks nothing like a heavy guass ages its a new weapon
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 pm

ok then.

then i'd say,
BS 5/6

front armour 9,
side 10
back 8

considering its size it doesnt sound redulously tough,

you could have it as a sniper turret, a heavy turret, or rapid fire, what do you think?
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm

bcos of the cannon being about the width of a necron body i'd say heavy turret, also am think the 2 things at the sides will be generating large amounts of guass 4 a powerful blast
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm

ooh my likes it,

so should we say...

range 36"
S 6
ap 3
ordanance large blast
can choose between barage ordinance or just ordinance, twin linked (coz of the two things)
and i think a gause flux ark at half range if it doesnt fire that turn, full range if didnt for the last two.

range 12"
S5
AP4
heavy d6 per unit within 12"
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:26 pm

sounds good 2 me =]
i am thinkin of adding a couple of smaller cannon to the gaps at the front of the turret but i will concentrate on getting the main body painted and the main cannon attached first
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Typically, turrets have armour 10 all round, same goes for artillery models. BS is generally 2, unless there is a model within 2". That model cannot shoot that turn, but the turret gets to use the BS of the model.

Every turret I've ever seen has heavy weaponry.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:25 am

thats for turrets that aren't necron though, necrons are living machines...
i think that would make a difference and you can have fixed location ordinance weapons, i just though. its basically a living turret, biovore anyone? bs 3?
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 pm

I'll see what I can find out. If it's immobile, it's probably an artillery, which tends to be armour 10 all round. The only rules for automatic guns are the bastion guns, which are BS2. They go up to BS3 only when they have the machine spirit upgrade, which necrons can't have.

Although, you need to find a good balance, as with all customs. If it's hard to kill, it should be slightly less killy, and vice versa. If it's high strength, it really should be low BS or WS, or very high point cost.

So find a balance between armour, speed of firing, strength of firing and blast radius. For the main gun that Tom put, I would either lower the S to 5, and the AP to 4, and decrease the blast radius. Because if you have a thing that kills a unit of space marines on 2s, no armour, it's overpowered. Far too much so. Failing that, increase the point cost by lots, or lower the armour to 10, and BS to 2. Choosing between ordinance and ordinance barrage is a bit pointless, since it isn't an ordinance barrage weapon - one main cannon can't really launch a whole barrage of shells.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 am

necrons pretty much embody that though,
as fot the rest, its just based on rockets...
i have actually got the stats of ordinary necron guns here,
and also its lower armour, because it has big exposed generators
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Fair enough then, though the ordinary necron warrior isn't great, BS wise. Using existing guns is often better than creating a new one, since people accept it more. And also, the quality of the model really matters - people are more likely to accept a convert that looks good.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 am

I'v almost completed the turret now. I used one of those things that hold toys arms and legs in place in boxes to link the main cannon to a generator but i need another. I tried puttin much detail into the generators but the paint has started comin off and iv no varnish.. however the color underneath the paint is red so it kinda looks blood spattered. Iv done a couple of battles recently which iv taken pics of, will get em up asap. one was a free for all between my m8z ultra marines, my chaos and my necron. The other was a free for all between my necrons, chaos and some lego.. I dont think warhammer would accept tht but o wells lol
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:00 am

my likes, cant wait to see em, and i can varnish the turret for ya because i have spare XD
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Did the lego win?
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:41 pm

lol necrons won, it was an epic battle at the end because the chaos only had one heavy bolter in a great defensive postion and he took down about 5 necrons and the turret before they finall killed him. lego was pretty unlucky n got their best units mauled by the turret
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 am

Lol, they should have used some of the warriors from mega blocks. They'd win.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:01 am

i need my old bionicles back, they would pwn. They might be a bit too big 4 necrons though. Woo i just got a necron monolith. But now i have to w8 till my brother gets back from his dads b4 i can build it cos its his birthday present lol. Really itchin to build it.
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:03 pm

can any1 think of a name? Cant think of a name for a necron turret cos they have very few vehicles and they mostly have names based on egyptian stuffs. only thing i can think of is "pyramid" n tht ent very suitable for a turret, neither is "monument" though it might make for something else cool. Might have to search google. help please?

Edit: "Dynasty" sounds evil and suitable but actually means this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty
guess i'll keep lookin

2nd Edit: wow Egypt has some cool dynastys. E.g Ptolmaic, Achaemanid
Might be good names for special characters. Shame there wasnt a kingdom ruled by turrets...
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:27 pm

closest i have got is "Mounir"
its the last name of an egyptian musician but sounds like a building. Needs tweaking.
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by joeinthebox Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:30 pm

lolz my girlfriend has taken the liberty of namin the turret 4 me.
its now called slumbalu
joeinthebox
joeinthebox
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposable-hero Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:11 pm

damn, i was gonna say sphinx
Disposable-hero
Disposable-hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next