Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random 3.5 Maze!

Go down

Random 3.5 Maze! Empty Random 3.5 Maze!

Post by DorianCreed Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:48 pm

[21:26] <@Dorian> As you enter the maze, the door clangs shut behind you, the metal gate barring your way out. In front of you are three passages, one to the left, one to the right, and one to the front, although that looks like it branches off quickly.
[21:27] <%Spiritcurse> Listening carefully for anything approaching, I begin meditating on my psionic energies.
[21:29] <@Dorian> As you focus your psionic energies, you suddenly realsie: You can't hear a thing at the moment.
[21:30] <%Spiritcurse> Sufficently focused, I rise to my feet and begin to jog lightly down the left corridor.
[21:31] <@Dorian> You manage to go about 20 feet before the corridor turns off the right, and has another left turn around 40 feet from your location.
[21:32] <%Spiritcurse> Shrugging, I decide to take the left turn, arriving quickly.
[21:33] <@Dorian> As you do so, a magical swirl fills the space behind you, a demonic cry echoing from it.
[21:33] <%Spiritcurse> I redouble my efforts to move, raising my fists as I do.
[21:34] <@Dorian> As you move away from the swirl, a small imp jumps from it, hovering in mid-air and taking a battle stance.
[21:36] <%Spiritcurse> I turn and begin running back, adopting my own fighting stance.
[21:40] <%Spiritcurse> Halfway through my jog back, I run a few steps along the wall before pushing myself off, aiming to pin the imp to the ground.
[21:44] <@Dorian> The imp is pinned to the ground under you, writhing uselessly under your grip.
[21:45] <@Dorian> As it writhes, the imp lunges out at you, it's claws missing you by miles.
[21:49] <%Spiritcurse> I pin the imp down, smashing it in the face with both hands. He dodges one, but the other impacts with his nose.
[21:52] <@Dorian> As your fist impacts into the imp, it screaches and writhes some more, swinging out and hitting you with one of it's claws.
[21:59] <%Spiritcurse> I swing twice more for his face, shrugging off the pain.
[22:00] <@Dorian> Your attacks hit, smashing it's face into a pulp and knocking it unconcious.
[22:01] <%Spiritcurse> I kick the body once more before standing and breaking back into my run down the corridor.
[22:03] <@Dorian> As you head down the only viable direction, to the left once again, you turn several corners and step out onto a massively long corridor with several paths off the the right intermittently.
[22:05] <%Spiritcurse> I keep my run up, running along the left hand wall before flinging myself down the third passage.
[22:07] <@Dorian> The third passage is a wider passage that swiftly narrows into a normal passage, turning to the right before having a branch off to the left with a path foward that turns left as well.
[22:08] <%Spiritcurse> I take the first right, making another leap from the walls.
[22:11] <@Dorian> The path goes on for a while, before going to two parallel paths, the end one of which dead-ends after about 40 ft.
[22:12] <%Spiritcurse> Ignoring the dead end, I run along the other path, mostly along the ceiling.
[22:13] <@Dorian> The path you take turns sharply to the left before dead-ending abruptly.
[22:14] <%Spiritcurse> Just to test, I kick the wall before scanning the ceiling.
[22:15] <@Dorian> You see nothing, and nothing happens when you kick the wall.
[22:15] <%Spiritcurse> Slightly annoyed, I run up the wall and flip off, coming back the way I came.
[22:21] <%Spiritcurse> Returning to the corridor with several right branches on, I take the fourth one.
[22:23] <@Dorian> As you turn down the fourth path, you see two gremlin-like creatures with clubs and sheilds stood, talking in an unusual, gutteral language.
[22:24] <@Dorian> One appears to hear you, and turns around to face you.
[22:25] <%Spiritcurse> Assessing the situation quickly, I run up the right hand wall, kick at the gremlin's face, then leap off behind them.
[22:28] <@Dorian> As your foot impacts into the creature, it cries out in pain, it's jaw obviously broken.
[22:28] <@Dorian> The two creatures turn and move for you, swinging their clubs at you.
[22:29] <@Dorian> One of the creatures attacks hits you, smashing into your arm and making you cry out in pain.
[22:33] <%Spiritcurse> I spin, planting a roundhouse kick into the head of the thing that just kicked me. The head explodes, showering the nearby area with gore, blood, and brain.
[22:33] <%Spiritcurse> I then backflip away a few yards, daring the other one to approach.
[22:34] <@Dorian> The other one glances at it's slightly exploded friend, before dropping it's club and kneeling down, it's head bowed in reverence.
[22:35] <%Spiritcurse> "Now, what's in this place?"
[22:35] <@Dorian> "This is the maze of torment, home to the plans to the ultimate magic weapon."
[22:36] <%Spiritcurse> "And what's guarding it?"
[22:37] <@Dorian> "The Ogre Balthazar."
[22:37] <%Spiritcurse> "Anything else?"
[22:37] <@Dorian> "His various minions. Other than the Mongrelfolk, my people, I do not know."
[22:38] <%Spiritcurse> "That's fine. Have you any healing supplies?"
[22:39] <@Dorian> "No. Generally, if one of our own is wounded, we leave them to survive in the maze. If they can find health, they survive. Otherwise, they die."
[22:40] <%Spiritcurse> "Very well. Now, tell the rest of your people to stop hitting me. Do you have a map?"
[22:40] <@Dorian> "No, we do not. We memorise the layout before birth, including the location of the holy spring."
[22:41] <%Spiritcurse> "Before birth? Eh, no matter. Guide me."
[22:43] <@Dorian> "Very well." With that, he sets off, taking the first left, the third left, the second right, and then the first right, following the path you are now on in a spiral.
[22:43] <%Spiritcurse> "How far is it?"
[22:44] <@Dorian> As you move towards the center of the spiral, you see a chalice of water, with water running into and over it, atop a pedastal. "There." He says, pointing towards the chalice.
[22:44] <%Spiritcurse> "Thank you. Now, drink some."
[22:45] <@Dorian> "Hmph. Very well." He moves over to the chalice and takes a long draught, a small scratch on his cheek healing over as he does so.
[22:46] <%Spiritcurse> "Ah, seems to work then." I take a sip, keeping the creature close.
[22:46] <@Dorian> As you take a drink of the water, you feel invigorated, and your wounds begin to heal over, your health returning.
[22:47] <%Spiritcurse> "Wonderful!" I begin filling a waterskin with the water, for later.
[22:51] <@Dorian> The gremlin tenses up as you do so.
[22:51] <@Dorian> "Please, do not defile the holy waters!"
[22:52] <%Spiritcurse> "How's about you let me take some water, and I don't kick you in the head?"
[22:53] <@Dorian> "Ah, point."
[22:54] <%Spiritcurse> "Perfect. Now, do you know the way to either an exit, a large collection of shiny objects, treasure, or this ogre? Preferably all of the above."
[22:54] <@Dorian> "I know the way to the ogre, but I warn you, he is dangerous."
[22:55] <%Spiritcurse> "Hence why I wish for treasure. Know of any?"
[22:55] <@Dorian> "Nothing other than that which the ogre guards, no."
[22:56] <%Spiritcurse> "Then the ogre is it. Let's go."
[23:04] <@Dorian> "Indeed. Lets."
[23:04] <@Dorian> He makes to leave, heading back towards his dead friend.
[23:05] <%Spiritcurse> I follow, jumping and wallrunning as I do.
[23:07] <@Dorian> As he gets back to the battle site, he stops, and makes sure you don't go around the corner. "Ssh! There's an imp over there!"
[23:08] <%Spiritcurse> I crouch, coming close to the corner.
[23:10] <@Dorian> As you peer around the corner, you see a small devil-like creature, an imp, but different from the one before, more clean and pristenely kempt.
[23:10] <@Dorian> It is hovering over the body of the dead Mongrelfolk, and hasn't heard or seen you yet.
[23:11] <%Spiritcurse> I stay crouched and move towards it, bringing my fists up.
[23:12] <@Dorian> As you move towards the imp, it turns and sees you, baring it's fangs.
[23:14] <@Dorian> The imp darts towards you, swinging it's barbed tail towards you.
[23:15] <@Dorian> It's tail scratches past you, ripping your side and leaving a large gash in your side.
[23:18] <%Spiritcurse> A loud crack is heard as I stamp kick the imp, whirling back into a fighting stance.
[23:19] <@Dorian> The mongrelfok screams and charges, swinging it's club at the imp.
[23:20] <@Dorian> The club hits the imp, knocking it unconcious.
[23:20] <%Spiritcurse> "Well done, little man!"
[23:20] <@Dorian> "Thank you, human."
[23:21] <%Spiritcurse> "My pleasure. Shall we continue?"
[23:21] <@Dorian> "Indeed. This way, to the ogre."
[23:22] <%Spiritcurse> I clean my foot on a rag, then follow.
[23:23] <@Dorian> He heads off along the path he took the first time, this time taking the first right, into a long room with a sleeping ogre and a massive pile of treasure at the far end, and a lever at the end by the entrance.
[23:23] <%Spiritcurse> "Got any poisons on you?" I whisper.
[23:23] <@Dorian> "No, none"
[23:24] <%Spiritcurse> "Right. No worries."
[23:25] <%Spiritcurse> I sneak to the treasure pile as quietly as possible.
[23:26] <@Dorian> You manage to get to the treasure without waking the ogre.
[23:27] <%Spiritcurse> I look at the pile for anything looking vaugely poisonous.
[23:27] <@Dorian> You can see nothing, although there are two very well made greatswords, and a longsword of simmilar quality.
[23:32] <%Spiritcurse> I pick up the shiniest looking sword, weighing it in my hands.
[23:33] <%Spiritcurse> Sneaking up to the ogre, I carefully pick my point before stabbing the sword down at his throat.
[23:34] <@Dorian> The blade peirces his throat, causing blood to spurt from the wound, quickly painting the room red.
[23:34] <@Dorian> The mongrelfolk gasps, "My god, you just killed him! My eternal master, I worship you!"
[23:35] <%Spiritcurse> "Excellent! Now, will you give me a hand with this loot?"
[23:35] <%Spiritcurse> I root through the pile, looking for amulets, rings and small items.
[23:35] <@Dorian> The mongrelfolk nods, "I hear and obey, o master!"
[23:37] <%Spiritcurse> "Excellent."
[23:41] <@Dorian> As you root through the pile, you find exactly the following: 3500 gp, a well-crafted, beautiful harp, a masteful tapestry, a beautiful dyed bone figurine, and the three swords. The tapestry is dwarven. It is a silk tapestry. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of iron. On it is an image of an ogre in copper thread. On it is an image of you in copper thread. The ogre is screaming. You are laughing.
[23:42] <%Spiritcurse> I pocket the gold, sling the harp over my back and tie the tapestry around me as a cape.
[23:42] <%Spiritcurse> "Please could you get the rest?"
[23:43] <@Dorian> The mongrelfolk nods, "I hear and obey, o master!"
[23:43] <@Dorian> END OF SESSION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum