Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibility of Exalted Campaign

3 posters

Go down

Possibility of Exalted Campaign Empty Possibility of Exalted Campaign

Post by DorianCreed Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:13 pm

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to take part in an Exalted campaign at any point in the not so/distant future. So, anyone?

For those of you who don't know what Exalted is, a (not-so) breif explanation:
The jokey one
The more serious one
and a rather large collection of pdfs (I hope) that I have collected from across the internet:
Yays! Stupid amounts of .PDFs

I hope anyone who likes the sound of it will join in, new to the game or old hat. Even if you don't like the sound of it, I hope you at least like the very very free books. Time/Date(s) to be decided upon (by comittee) later.

Be seeing you! Smile

P.S.: It will obviously be an IRC game as, well, IRC is just ace!
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Possibility of Exalted Campaign Empty Re: Possibility of Exalted Campaign

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:40 am

The "ceasing to exist approach" is in this game. Not on the level of best thing to do in DH when the mutants attack, or best thing to do in GURPS when you're horribly outnumbered, or best thing to do in paranoia.

It's a feckin' move. I'm in.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 am

By "ceasing to exist aproach", I assume that you mean either the final charm in the 'Charcoal March of Spiders' style (I forget it's name), which allows you to totaly erase one being from existence per attack which you use it in, or the Five Metal Shrike, which equates to a flying invulnerable magical nuke launcher, and just so appens to be made of win? If not, then please correct me.

For future reference, just assume that any WTF martial arts style is a Sidereal martial art. Those who have played before, you'll know what I'm talking about. Those who haven't, well, here's an explanation:

Normal Martial Arts: Can split a wooden plank and jump a hedge
Terrestrial Martial Arts: Can split a boulder and jump a house
Celestial Martial Arts: Can split a mountain and jump a city
Sidereal Martial Arts: Can split a soul and jump to heaven

I think I speak for all of us when I say "ZOMGWTFHAXX!"
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Nah, google it, appending "exalted" it exists somewhere, apparently.

I'd guessed. Sidereals are WTF weird, the rest are just WTF.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Ah. That one. Yeah, that one's quite fun, especially when the GM rule that you get devoured by the Fey whilst you "don't exist". On the plus side, your character usually recovers after the end of all that, so you get the nearly-infinitely traumatic experience of having your soul pulled out of your face without any of the whole "no soul" downsides. That was a fun game.

Oh and yes, Sidereals are a tad crazy awesome, but then this is Exalted. If you don't get at least one moment that would be a CMoA in any other game then you aren't playing it right.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 pm

I think our current campaign might lead to quite a few of those. By the way, I've built the model for this session, I decided on the temple part. Sadly, couldn't find any models for the kobolds - had 2 heads I could use, but no legs to make them look shorter than us. Ideas?
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I've got an idea on those lego kobolds for you: shorter legs. You get them with Yoda and Dobby and suck-like. If you don't have any of them, then get some of the 2X1 blocks and mark them with a fine-line felt tip pen so that they look like legs. Any help?
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I've got a couple of the shorter legs, but I can't find them. I might actually use the 2x1 bricks like you said, I should be able to improve the model before sunday. We having a game then or what?
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 pm

You mean this sunday!? I thought that Will could only do alternate sundays, and, seeing as a rather important bit is coming up soon, I'd rather he didn't miss it! Of course, if you meant next sunday, then it is on like donkey kong!!

Oh, and one thing for you to consider: For your (in-game) grand enterance, you might want to consider a Gnome Submersible with a permanent 'Fly' enchantment. Flying Submarines FTW! Add in permanent 'Water Breathing' (in order to breath), permanent 'Reverse Gravity' (think 'reversing' it to towards the floor), and permanent 'Animate Object' (so that the submarine propellers turn on their own) and BOOM! Magically powered Space-faring Flying Submarine! Now, if that isn't freaking awesome, then I don't know what is!
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Bugger. In that case, something else in the meantime?

That's damn awesome. Obviously, we'll need similarly modified ornithopters as well. By the way, I was reading through the paranoia rulebook last night, that seems like a damn fun game to play when one of us can't make it, a nice simple paranoid killing fest. Classic or Zap, obviously.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:58 pm

OHLY CARP!!! PARANOIA!!!!

I've got the books to Mongoose Paranoia 25th Aniversary Edition (yes, I did need to say all that, it makes quite a large difference) and, if the snow lets me, I would love to come along and join in on a game. If you need me to, I can also GM a Paranoia game for ya. Oh, and on those ornithropters: Why do you need to modify them? One Ring of Water Breathing apiece and not only can you do the whole 'rise from the depths atop your vehicle' thing, you can breath whilst flying your ornithropters in space! Might be handy to install a couple of 'On-use' magic items that cast Orb of Fire or something as well. I mean, space-ornithropters are cool, but space-ornithropters with fire-bullet machine-guns are cooler.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm only red clearance, so I don't actually know the rules yet.

We need to modify them to have amplifiers!
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 pm

... How on Earth (or possibly not, given the circumstances) are you going to sing/play your guitar/drums whilst flying what is effectively a magical hang glider? No, wait, on second thoughts I don't wat to know. You'd probably kidnap several gnomes and convince them to fly the ornithropters for you, whilst you surfed on them, or something.

Yes, Citizen, and that is how it shall stay, unless you wish to be repatterned. Of course, should you reach ultraviolet clearance, then [I'm sorry, Citizen, but this information is not available at your security clearance.]. On the other hand, you could [I'm sorry, Citizen, but this information is not available at your security clearance.]
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Simple. The ornithopter will be powered by Tenser's Floating Disk. Basically, a frame around the disk that allows us to pilot it with our hands free.

Not a problem, Friend Computer. I assure you, any illusions that I may know what I'm doing will obviously have been planted there by Commie Mutant Traitors, and I am directing my best efforts to find and eradicate them.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 pm

I see you've got the idea behind magic item designs Very Happy Now, if you'd said cast 'Dominate Monster', 'Fly', and two instances of 'Permanancy' on cloud giants, then surf them across continents, I'd have probably died from awesome. Of course, if this was Exalted (back to the original topic, here), then that's perfectly normal.

... Wow. Now that is a good explanation. You come up with shit like that in-game, you might just completely survive a Zap game on blagging alone! On that subject, when/where should we do this shit, if we should at all? OFC, if you don't wanna, you just have to say.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 am

No, I have a few horrible ideas though. Some involving an aboleth. But yeah, exalted seems a bit silly really, I prefer more grim things - for some reason, immortal characters put me off. For the same reason, I always make sure I have a level 15 character saved when I play oblivion, using hacks to prevent further levelling. I dislike the whole hit 20 -> become god part of Bethesda games.

I'm rather good at thinking on my feet, you see. As you may have noticed in the D&D game. And god yes, I want to play this. IRC would be awesome, but failing that, Fridays any good? Unless we get a hex grid, in which case we'll probably be doing more GURPS.

Speaking of IRC, how many people on Legion know how to use IRC?
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:35 pm

You don't like the whole 'Lvl 20 = God' thing? I love ascencions, but only if I've really worked for them. For example, if I was going to dick around on a game, I'd cheat my way straight to level 20 and burn some shit, but if I was being serious I'd work my way there using no, repeat NO, grind. Just sidequests.

Thinking on your feet is good in Paranoia, especially when the GM goes killer. But, unfortunately, no, fridays are appauling for me. I'm still in full-time education and I live a good hour away from Manchester. In addition, I do kung-fu on fridays, so Sad . OFC, IRC=ZOMFG! Gotta get that soughted out one of these days.

I dunno how many people on legion know how to use IRC, but it doesn't seem like much, from what I've seen. Howsabout one of us makes an informative thread for ppls to read? Would be useful, yesno?
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 pm

No challenge! Everyone who's played a game with me for long knows that I like challenges. I like the idea that pissing off the guards will land you in jail, and there's nothing you can do about it. I like playing as an average, or slightly above average person, trying to make their way in the world. That's mostly on CRPGs though, I usually appreciate a bit of power in an RPG.

Aye, tends to be in most games, especially when you're all used to the system. GMs can do mean things like "your combat turns have to last less than a minute or so" which makes it nice and tense. Another one I like is only being able to discuss tactics if you feasibly could - none of this stopping the game for 10 minutes to discuss how to handle the fights, as you seem to be able to do in 4e (D&D 4e, not GURPS 4e).

Same here, I just have convenient Fridays. Chemistry teacher is ill, so I get the afternoons off half the time, and short afternoons either way. Also, Kung-Fu? Nice. I do Karate myself, I've got up to 1st Dan in Wado-Kai. Going to get to at least 3rd ideally, I'll probably be second by the time I'm 20. Possibly 18, if I can pull it off. Probably not though, that's only 2 years there.

From what I've seen, there's 4 others here that can, but only 2 that do. 1 doesn't like IRC, and barely comes here anyway, the other one gets too easily distracted, which is annoying over IRC. I mean, posting 4chan links is fine, but not when it's just www.4chan.org/b every few minutes.

You make the thread, I have a bad case of the laziness right now.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Reopening the thread because I wants me some Exalted! Also because, whilst D&D and GURPS are both good systems, I needs me some dice pool action!

So, anyone in? I know Spirit said he'd join last time around, and I'm 90% sure that the DL for the books on the first page still works and 100% sure that the explanation pages do. If so, I'll need a basic concept for a character, and what type of Exalt you'll play. I'm gonna say right now that Fae, Infernals, Abyssals, and Alchemicals are out-right banned, and I'd advise you not to play anything weaker than a Dragon-Blood. Just sayin'. Of course, exceptions can and will be made for straight-up awesome characters and characters with actually decent back stories, so keep that in mind. Other than that, go nuts! Very Happy
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Exalted is good and all that but might i put out a request that we first sort out a timeline for our current RPGs before we start to do another one?
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

http://commingdarkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Well, we've got one, haven't we? Over yonder: https://burntlegion.darkbb.com/t1148-irc-schedule

I mean, we could probs rewrite it, seeing as how the BC RPG testan has more or less stopped and we hardly ever keep to it, anyway, but still. It exists, and we shall use it. Eventually. Very Happy
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:03 pm

BC RPG development has halted until more people help me work on it. Working on a game solo is soul-destroying.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down