Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun

Go down

Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun Empty Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun

Post by DorianCreed Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm

[21:00] <@Spiritcurse> You've had better nights. Lone Star sirens pierce the night, just as Lone Star bullets pierce the rear of your car. Your commlinks flash the same message - an address of a fairly reputable noodle bar, and horns blare as you speed through another red light, a second in front of your persuers. To top it off, it's also raining.
[21:01] <Dorian> "God fucking damn it, it never ends, does it?" I growl, as I spin the wheel in time with the flow of traffic
[21:02] <Codex> "Y-You better get us out of here Shen. You said this'd be a milk run!"
[21:02] <GC> "Got to admit, it could have gone better" I say as I strike a light.
[21:02] <Dorian> "I thought it bloody would be! How was I meant to know the damn cops would be after us?"
[21:03] <GC> "You mean aside from the poor planning, horrible execution and terrible timing? Did I mention the poor planning?"
[21:04] <Dorian> "You did, now shut up, Martin. I'm trying to drive here."
[21:04] <Codex> "I can't afford another SIN..." Pen mumbles into his hands, covering his face in the cramped back of the car.
[21:05] <@Spiritcurse> You're a few minutes away from the noodle bar, driving at such obscene speeds. All but one of your persuers have been shaken off by now, but the car follows you doggedly.
[21:06] <Dorian> "Neither can I. Main reason I switched to my legit SIN, already got several counts of murder two on that one."
[21:09] <Codex> "Fuck this." Searching rapidly through my Cyberdeck, I attempt to connect to the final persuer.
[21:10] <GC> Preparing for the worst I begin toying with a smoke grenade.
[21:11] <@Spiritcurse> You connect and quickly overload their defenses. Within a split second, their pilot program stops, sending the patrol car right into a wall.
[21:11] <Codex> "Got it." I grin confidently.
[21:12] <Codex> "Oh, Drek"
[21:13] <GC> I look at Pen with a pleased look about my face, "Good work little man" I say patting him on the arm.
[21:13] <Codex> I roll my eyes, hands clutching the cyberdeck still.
[21:14] <Dorian> I turn a few corners in the complete opppsite direction to our actual goal, before heading back towards the bar
[21:15] <@Spiritcurse> You arrive outside the bar - a nice establishment called Sayuri. Inside, the sender of your mysterious message awaits your company. And her noodles, probably.
[21:16] <GC> I get out of the car and search the surroundings for any threats.
[21:17] <GC> I lean into the car before saying "All clear".
[21:17] <@Spiritcurse> A Lone Star officer stands at the street corner, but he doesn't seem to notice anything amiss. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous.
[21:17] <Dorian> I park up the car and lock up properly, looking questioningly at my colleague who exited the vehicle before it came to a complete rest. "You're mad, you are."
[21:18] <Codex> I get out of the car and make for Sayuri. "Come on, let's get this over with."
[21:18] <GC> "If I thought it would kill me sweet cheeks I wouldn't have done it" I wink at her before entering the noodle bar and searching the surroundings a following time.
[21:19] <Dorian> I follow after Pen, pulling on my shock gloves and sticking my hands in my pockets, "If I had a nuyen for every mysoginistic comment I'd heard over the years..."
[21:20] <@Spiritcurse> The inside of the noodle bar is exactly what you'd expect. Crowded, packed mostly with students, and thankfully, your colleague. Myra Barlow, an elven fixer, sits at the bar, fending off the affections of a young orc.
[21:21] <Codex> I slow my approach, letting Shen take the lead.
[21:25] <Dorian> I order myself some Miso Ramen with all the toppings before heading over to our contact and sitting down. "So. You called us?"
[21:26] <@Spiritcurse> "Ah yes. Got a job, if you're interested." Myra's always been the direct type - used to be a runner herself until a shot to the ribs cost her most of her physical ability.
[21:26] <GC> I walk over to the contact and stand behind Shen.
[21:26] <Dorian> "What we doing, raiding a Stuffer Shack?"
[21:27] <@Spiritcurse> "Close, but no delicious noodle snack."
[21:29] <Dorian> "But... but I just... Ah, hyperbole. Right, what we raiding then?"
[21:30] <Codex> I stick my head into my cyberdeck, ready to take down information.
[21:31] <@Spiritcurse> "Heard of the PanAtlantic Palace Hotel? They're owned by a corp that also does weapons. CEO lives at the palace, and they're demoing a new chip for him at a fairly run-down bit of slum near here in a couple weeks."
[21:31] <GC> "Well? We haven't got all night".
[21:31] <Dorian> "Shut up, Martin. You want the chip, I take it?
[21:32] <@Spiritcurse> "It's all done by third party contractors, one of which tipped us off. We'll get you a room in a hotel opposite where the demo's taking place. You'll recce the place, then nab the chip."
[21:32] <Dorian> "What's the pay like?"
[21:32] <@Spiritcurse> "Standard fee, plus extras if you manage it nice and clean."
[21:33] <Dorian> "That per person, or for the whole group? Also, any expenses on top of that?"
[21:34] <@Spiritcurse> "Each. Your room'll be paid for, but anything else comes out of your pocket."
[21:36] <Dorian> "Sounds good to me." I turn to my colleagues, "You guys in?"
[21:36] <GC> "Any contacts on the inside we should know about?"
[21:36] <Codex> "I'm in, I need the nyuyen
[21:38] <@Spiritcurse> "We've got a delivery man on the inside, he'll let you know anything unusual they order."
[21:39] <GC> I concentrate on the details for a moment, "Sounds good, I'm in".
[21:39] <Codex> "Let's get to work then." I heeve myself off of the stool. "That thing'll get nicked if we don't move it soon. Too many Star about as well." The last part of the sentence is said in a lowered tone.
[21:40] <Dorian> I stand up, having finished my Ramen, and nod my respect to Myra. "We'll contact you when we have the chip."
[21:40] <Dorian> I then head out towards the car
[21:41] <@Spiritcurse> She passes you a couple of keycards before you leave. "Room 223, address is written on the card."
[21:41] <Dorian> "Pen, grab that, would you?"
[21:43] <Codex> "I-, Err, I guess--"
[21:43] <GC> "I got it" I say as I accept the cards, nod to the elf and head for the car.
[21:43] <Codex> I almost run right behind my companians.
[21:45] <Dorian> I start the car up and head for the hotel.
[21:46] <Codex> On the ride over, I relay the information I acquired on Malcom Reynolds (The CEO of PanAtlantic Hotels) during our exchange with the Elf.
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> You drive into the ex-industrial estate that now contains the Leafy Lodge - an elf-run establishment, conveniently opposite an old factory building. If the delivery man is to be believed, the tech demo should be in there.
[21:50] <Codex> "Oh for love of--"
[21:50] <Codex> "We could just leave, you know. Guys."
[21:51] <Dorian> "Hey, look on the bright side. At least they aren't bloody Dryads."
[21:51] <Codex> "Let's get set up and get out of here as fast as possible."
[21:51] <GC> "Lets get this over with" I say as I strike another light.
[21:52] <Dorian> "That's a majority, motion passed." I say, as I get out of the van, having changed vehicles on the way there.
[21:53] <GC> I climb out of the van and scan the surroundings for threats, surveilance and anything out of the ordinary.
[21:53] <@Spiritcurse> The lodge is a simple 4-floor hotel, opposite the factory site. You can't help but notice a man near the factory entrance give you a once-over.
[21:54] <@Spiritcurse> Glancing his way, you notice he's fairly well armed - more than you'd expect from any normal site guard.
[21:55] <Codex> "That our guy?" I say, trying to be discrete.
[21:55] <Dorian> "Alright, so the security's heavier. You guys cart your shit up to the room, I'm heading to the bar."
[21:56] <Codex> "I'm going to try find a way onto the roof or something."
[21:56] <GC> I heft up my duffel bags and head for the apartment room.
[21:56] <Codex> I begin to move my own bag up to the room.
[21:56] <Dorian> "Probably an idea. Now, I wonder if they sell Hobgoblin."
[21:57] <Dorian> I head straight for the bar to pick up some form of portable alcohol.
[21:57] <@Spiritcurse> The hotel advertises a roof garden and bar - roof access is a simple as taking the lift up there. Cameras are as you'd expect from a hotel.
[21:58] <@Spiritcurse> An elven barmaid serves you with a flirtacious smile.
[21:58] <GC> I scowel at her and continue to the room.
[22:00] <Dorian> "Listen, lady, I don't know what you've been told, but I'm not into that. Now, I require the strongest alcoholic drink you are legally allowed to serve me and I require a pint of it. Chop chop, darling."
[22:01] <@Spiritcurse> She giggles and pours you several shots. "Maybe not before a drink, darlin'. I won't tell".
[22:01] <Codex> I return from the room and scout the bar for my companians.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> The room is simple, yet nice. There are three single beds, a window overlooking the factory, and very little else.
[22:02] <Dorian> I raise an eyebrow, "You're sweating. Sort it out."
[22:02] <GC> I search the room for any concealed devices.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> "And you're rude. Maybe I like that."
[22:03] <Dorian> "Are you asking for a slap, because you are acting like a bitch."
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> "Oh, fine. I was only having a little fun."
[22:04] <Codex> I take a seat next to Shen. "Icey."
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> You don't find anything concealed in the room.
[22:04] <Dorian> I begin on my shots, "Well, I don't like fun. Hey, Pen."
[22:04] <Codex> "I've seen you having fun before."
[22:04] <Codex> "On the job, I mean."
[22:05] <Dorian> "Well, yeah. I enjoy punching people in the face. It's theraputic."
[22:06] <Codex> "I think that girl may have been into that to be honest. Your loss."
[22:07] <GC> I walk down to the bar, buy an entire bottle of whiskey and return to the room without saying a word.
[22:09] <Codex> I lower my voice. "Well, put on your game face, you know I'm going to be useless in here. We need to find out where it's gunna be."
[22:09] <Codex> I pull out my cyberdeck and begin to fiddle with it, hoping to avoid contact with the outside world.
[22:09] <GC> I begin the 'entertaining' task of cleaning and maintaining every weapon in my arsenal.
[22:09] <Dorian> "I don't like chicks. Especially not slutty showy elf chicks. Besides, she seemed like more your type. Also, I bet you fifty nuyen it's where that armed dude was."
[22:11] <@Spiritcurse> Through the cyberdeck, you can see a few nodes. There's a node belonging to a delivery van behind the factory building, a few dozen commlinks scattered through the building, and the hotel's node.
[22:11] <Codex> I pause. "Observation is forever your strong point. If you were half as kind." I shake my head. "Buy me something tastey. I'll pay you back after the job."
[22:15] <GC> I return to the bar and buy another 2 bottles of whisky, I look at the guys "This is going to be a long one" and return to the room to confront the case of the rusted barrel chamber.
[22:16] <Dorian> I glance over Pen's shoulder. "Try that van, that looks intersting." I nod to the bartender, "Hey, get me two steak sandwiches with ketchup."
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> You connect to the van and download a list of what's been delivered where. Apparently it's delivered a safe, four desks and chairs, two smartguns, and two firing tripods to this building.
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> The barmaid giggles, clearly enjoying her effect on you, then heads into the kitchen.
[22:19] <Codex> After checking out the van, I check out the hotel's node, trying to make sure I don't look too suspicious.
[22:19] <@Spiritcurse> The hotel's node requests authentication, and offers room service and check-in services.
[22:22] <Codex> I point out the safe delivery to Shen. "What do you think of that?"
[22:23] <Dorian> "I think I need to get a closer look as this building. Two minutes." I drop the money for the sammiches on the counter and head over to the factory side of the roof.
[22:24] <@Spiritcurse> The guard's commlink gives his name as Mark Abbot, and he's a hired security guard. He's been assigned to watch the factory for the next 5 days, and keep intruders out.
[22:24] <Codex> "Have fun." I mumble, ready for the sammiches. I snoop around the node belonging to the security guard we spotted on the way in.
[22:24] <Dorian> I place my hands on the railing and stare down over the factory, turning my thermographic vision on.
[22:25] <@Spiritcurse> He takes a break every couple of hours, judging by his Facebook updates timing.
[22:25] <@Spiritcurse> The factory has very few heat signatures. Just the guard, some lights, and the van, presumably with a driver.
[22:27] <Codex> I set it up so that I get warned if Mark moves.
[22:28] <Dorian> I frown and send Martin a message to come and have a look at the factory.
[22:29] <GC> Hearing the call I ascend the building holding one of the bottles.
[22:29] <GC> Opening onto the roof I hand Shen the bottle and observe the the factory.
[22:30] <Codex> I watch the proceedings from Martin's eye.
[22:30] <GC> I look at Shen and go "Yup, that's a factory all right". Before taking the bottle back and returning to my guns.
[22:30] <@Spiritcurse> As you watch, you see a black car pull into the factory. Three men get out of the car, talk briefly, then walk to the delivery van.
[22:31] <GC> Finally finishing the maintenance on my arsenal I finish the rest of the bottle and return to the roof with the final bottle to keep dear sweet Shen company.
[22:32] <Dorian> "Oh, haha, you smarmy fuck." I then have a look at the van and the men walking towards it.
[22:32] <@Spiritcurse> They unload a few boxes from the van, then carry them inside. The van driver gives them a hand with some of the larger boxes.
[22:32] <GC> I toss Shen the bottle, "Shut yer yap and get drinking".
[22:33] <Dorian> I take a glance at the bottle before taking a pull, "Cheap ass."
[22:34] <@Spiritcurse> After a few minutes, all the crates are inside. The van driver climbs into his van and leaves.
[22:36] <Codex> Using the Cyberdeck, I lie in wait for the smart guns to come online. As soon as they turn on, I intend to do something to them before they can be added to a node.
[22:37] <@Spiritcurse> You see a decker come online, his node briefly flashing up as "Musketeer" before flicking into stealth. Shortly later, two smartguns flash online, a few metres underground.
[22:38] <Codex> I send a message to my companians to inform them of my plans and proceed to walk towards our room. As I do so, I begin the attempt to take them over.
[22:46] <@Spiritcurse> After a brief cybercombat, you "hear" a slight pop as the rival decker collapses.
[22:46] <Codex> "I need you two to move in," I say as my attack drops someone.
[22:46] <Codex> I send that via commlink.
[22:48] <Codex> The sentry guns on the node now under my control, I turn set to not fire, but use them as cameras.
[22:49] <@Spiritcurse> Looking through their cameras, you see a hacker asleep at a desk in the basement, and one pointing directly up the elevator shaft.
[22:51] <Dorian> I grin, and begin to walk towards the main entrance of the factory.
[22:52] <@Spiritcurse> The guard raises his weapon. "This is private property, friend."
[22:53] <GC> I sigh, walk back to the bedroom and collect my Streetline Special, Beretta's, Ares Predator's, Ingram Smartgun's and the Enfield before conceiling them in a duffle bag and walking out the front of the building.
[22:54] <GC> Of course, the Beretta's are both concealed on my person accompanied by the Streetline Special, Combat knife and Forearm Snap Blades.
[22:54] <Dorian> "I know. I'm allowed in. Extra security. And this bozo's with me. We're a little early, I know, but we're here."
[22:55] <GC> I nod at the guard.
[22:55] <Codex> I send a message to the commlink of the guard as my companians approach, masking it to be from his employer.
[22:55] <@Spiritcurse> "Wait... Yeah, I just got word. The hacker's downstairs, Lucy's on the roof, and Mike's just gone for a piss."
[22:56] <Dorian> "Fair enough. Thanks for the heads up." I turn to Martin, "You go check in with the hacker, I'll see to Lucy."
[22:58] <GC> I head down the lift to check up on the hacker.
[22:59] <Dorian> Meanwhile, I climb the stairs to see how Lucy is doing.
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> The hacker's exactly as you expected. Asleep on a desk, with the cooling remains of a cyberdeck under his fingers.
[22:59] <Codex> I send a message to Martin. "I want that."
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> Lucy's on the roof, clearing away trash covering a large yellow H painted on the ground.
[23:01] <GC> I puck up the cyberdeck and store it in the dufflebag.
[23:01] <@Spiritcurse> A quick scout for hidden signals reveals Lucy and Mike's commlinks.
[23:01] <GC> I search the room for anything useful or expensive.
[23:02] <@Spiritcurse> The abandoned factory's basement contains the same number of expensive objects as can be expected from an abandoned factory.
[23:03] <Dorian> I send Pen a message: "Anything I need to know about Lucy?"
[23:03] <GC> I also store the smartguns and tripods in the dufflebag.
[23:03] <GC> I search the hacker for valuable things.
[23:04] <@Spiritcurse> The hacker stirs as you search him, but other than his commlink, he doesn't seem to have anything.
[23:04] <@Spiritcurse> Lucy's a trained sniper, ex-Mossad. Mike used to be a soldier, but decided freelance security was the best way to go.
[23:05] <GC> I find a pen and write, "Shitty Hacker" on his forehead.
[23:05] <@Spiritcurse> His eyes flicker open, and the hacker quickly decides to pretend to still be unconcious.
[23:06] <Dorian> I sneak up behind Lucy, making sure to be as quiet as possible.
[23:07] <GC> I pretend to leave the room, turn the lights off and circle around behind the hacker to keep watch of the room.
[23:08] <Codex> Watching from the window, I send a message to Martin. "Get to the roof, bring stun rounds."
[23:09] <Codex> "And tell Musketeer to stay down."
[23:10] <Dorian> After boosting my physical abilities to near super-human levels, I take a swing at Lucy with my shock gloves.
[23:11] <GC> I lean towards Musketeer's ear and wisper to him, "I'd stay here if I were you sunshine, Move or contact anyone and you'll never see your legs again". At this I leave the room and rush to the roof. Arming my weapons and storing them on my body as I go.
[23:12] <@Spiritcurse> Lucy ducks the blow, and retaliates with a roundhouse kick that misses by inches.
[23:12] <Dorian> Dodging that, I take another swing at her, energy crackling over my hands.
[23:13] <@Spiritcurse> She leaps backwards and throws a punch, falling short slightly.
[23:13] <Dorian> I take yet more swings at her, frustration evident in my eyes.
[23:14] <Codex> I look up the location of the remaining guard, Mike.
[23:15] <@Spiritcurse> The final punch connects, and Lucy falls backwards, screaming. Off the roof.
[23:15] <Dorian> I reach out as fast as I can, trying to catch her and stop her falling to her death.
[23:17] <@Spiritcurse> You catch her, and she climbs back onto the roof. "Thank you. But why?"
[23:17] <@Spiritcurse> The lift stops at the fourth floor, and the door opens. "Who the fuck are you?", Mike shouts.
[23:18] <@Spiritcurse> Bowing to universal pressure, Lucy slips into unconciousness.
[23:18] <Dorian> I sigh, "You know what? Fuck my life."
[23:18] <Codex> I send a message to Shen, "Our friend has met Mike. What the drek are you doing up there?"
[23:19] <Dorian> I reply with "Beating people to death with my bare hands, you?"
[23:21] <Codex> "They're at the elevator on the fourth floor." I send as rapidly as I can.
[23:23] <Dorian> "On my way" I send, then run towards the elevator side and down the wall to a window on the fourth floor.
[23:24] <GC> A pistol flicks from my wrist and I shoot Mike with a stun round.
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> Mike panics, his shot going wide by miles.
[23:25] <GC> I shoot again, the stun round hitting Mike straight between the eyes.
[23:26] <@Spiritcurse> He slumps, in no small amount of pain.
[23:26] <GC> I reload the guns, holster them and hide the unconscious body.
[23:27] <Dorian> As this happens, I jump into the room through an open or broken window, taking a stance. "Where's the fight!?"
[23:28] <GC> I look at Shen blankly and continue hiding the body. "Hold the elevator" I say as I heft the body behind a nearby desk plant.
[23:30] <Dorian> I shake my head and head over to the elevator, repeatedly hitting the button for "Open Doors" on the elevator.
[23:32] <@Spiritcurse> The commlinks seem to all display the same thing - a contract to guard the building for 5 days, from PanOcean Hotels. Apparently they were to make a safe area to test a new combat chip.
[23:32] <Codex> I begin to search their commlinks for any information about our target chip. Probably should have done that first, in all honesty.
[23:33] <@Spiritcurse> Other than that it's a combat chip, you don't learn much. This must be high clearance information.
[23:33] <Codex> Is there any information about the arrival of the chip?
[23:33] <@Spiritcurse> It's due to arrive by helicopter tomorrow.
[23:34] <Codex> I relay this information to my companians along with the message: "Let's check the safe."
[23:35] <@Spiritcurse> The safe is so far unlocked and empty. You may have raided the building slightly early.
[23:39] <Dorian> I sigh, "So I guess we're the new security for this place now."
[23:48] <Codex> "Relay my speech for me, Martin. I guess we are. Tie 'em up, throw 'em in the basement, make sure there's nothing they can make any use of down there?" I say to martin via his commlink.
[23:49] <Dorian> I grab Mike and head for the basement, hoisting him over my shoulder. "Head up to the roof, there's a chick up there that needs tying up."
[23:50] <GC> "Got it" I head for the stairs and go collect Lucy.
[23:51] <GC> I throw her into the basement and search all 3 of the bodys for communication devices or anything they may find of use.
[23:52] <@Spiritcurse> You take their commlinks, throwing them into the duffel bag.
[23:59] <@Spiritcurse> Lucy's sniper rifle and Mike's pistol join the expanding duffel bag of loot.
[00:00] <Dorian> I walk out to the guard out front. "Hey, mate, could I get a word?"
[00:00] <@Spiritcurse> "Sure, what'cha need?"
[00:00] <Dorian> I hold his head in my hands gently, smiling softly at him, before activating both my shock gloves.
[00:01] <@Spiritcurse> He collapses, instantly.
[00:03] <Dorian> I pick him up and take him down to the basement. "We got another one."
[00:04] <GC> "Put him with the others" I say gesturing to the bound pile.
[00:04] <GC> "Fancy a game of human jenga?"
[00:05] <Dorian> "Take his shit and tie him up and gag him, I'm off to go get myself an outfit to look convincing."
[00:06] <GC> "You got it".
[00:11] <GC> I find an assault rifle on the body and stow that away in the duffle also.
[00:12] <Codex> I search for a decent escape root on foot, via my cyberdeck.
[00:12] <GC> Finally I take the duffle bag seal the room and begin my watch on the building.
[00:14] <Dorian> Back at the building, I don my suit and begin the long wait.
[00:14] <@Spiritcurse> You find a decent escape route, with plenty of ways to shake a persuer.
[00:15] <Codex> I pass on the information to Shen via commlink, highlighting the trail on a map of the city.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun Empty Re: Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun

Post by DorianCreed Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:46 pm

[20:46] *** Dorian sets channel #LegionRPG mode +o Spiritcurse
[20:48] <@Spiritcurse> Thanks to the wonders of 24/7 tailors, you stand fully suited up, on top of the roof, awaiting the arrival of Malcom Reynolds. Ever punctual, you see the flashing lights of a helicopter nearby, possibly around 5 minutes from landing. Hopefully this test of an experimental weapon in a deserted factory will be safer than it sounds.
[20:49] <GC> I observe the events transpiring on the roof through the lense of my sniper rifle on the opposite building's roof.
[20:51] <Codex> I sit in the lobby of our hotel across the road, cyberdeck ready.
[20:51] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter flies closer, and begins landing procedures. Fly. That's it. Not "copts".
[20:51] <@Dorian> I stand to attention just off the helipad, wearing my shiny new suit and a pair of wrap around sunglasses.
[20:52] <GC> "From my position I can only provide limited coverage" I say to the group.
[20:53] <GC> "That reminds me, Pen is everything loaded into the van? We may need to make a quick escape".
[20:53] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter lands, the winds whipping at your snazzy new suit. The side door opens, and Malcom steps out. "Gentlemen."
[20:53] <Codex> "Yeah, everything's ready. Who's driving again?" I type to the group.
[20:54] <@Dorian> "I'm female, sir."
[20:54] <@Spiritcurse> "That's never stopped me before", he replies with a wink.
[20:55] <@Dorian> "Of course, sir. Please, this way."
[20:55] <@Spiritcurse> "Where we doing this? The test, that is."
[20:55] <GC> I observe the events through my scope.
[20:56] <Codex> "They started the set-up area in the main room on the 2nd floor, right?"
[20:56] <@Dorian> I gesture towards the elevator, "We're taking the device down to the basement. We're then going to conduct a full survey in order to determine which area is most like a real combat situation before we do any testing at all."
[20:57] <@Spiritcurse> "Seems like you've got this all sorted out." He turns to the helicopter and raises his voice. "Henry! Bring the weapon".
[20:58] <@Spiritcurse> Another suited man steps out of the helicopter, dragging another body with a large black bag over their head, arms bound behind their back.
[21:00] <@Spiritcurse> Searching for icons, you see the pilot program running the helicopter, and two commlinks - presumably Henry and Malcom's.
[21:03] <Codex> "Change of plans. I'm heading to the van."
[21:03] <@Spiritcurse> Henry says "Give us a hand?", and heads to the elevator, captive in hand.
[21:05] <@Dorian> I walk over to Henry and help lift the body. "I've got it from here."
[21:06] <@Spiritcurse> You hear a few faint mumbles and moans from within the bag. Logic says there's probably a living being in there. "Thanks man, he's a heavy bugger."
[21:07] <Codex> I drive the van to the side of the building where we saw the delivery van yesterday.
[21:08] <@Spiritcurse> The elevator heads to the basement. It's one of the more awkward journeys you've been in.
[21:08] <Codex> I begin to create an AR overlay and relevant tag for the van once I've stopped.
[21:08] <GC> I gide my rifle and quickly make my way to the van.
[21:10] <Codex> I force the lift to grind to a stop on the 1st floor. The doors do not open.
[21:10] <Codex> I turn on the error light.
[21:11] <@Spiritcurse> Malcolm curses. "Nothing's ever simple, is it? You got somebody who can sort this?"
[21:12] <@Dorian> "We've got a hacker on it. In the mean time, sir, can I ask you something?"
[21:12] <@Spiritcurse> "Suppose so. What's on your mind?"
[21:12] <Codex> I turn off the error light.
[21:13] <@Dorian> "This." I bring both my hands into a double handed palm strike aimed straight at Malcom's chest.
[21:15] <@Spiritcurse> Malcom thuds into the opposite wall, and you hear several bones crack. Henry whips a gun from his pocket and aims.
[21:17] <Codex> I attempt to turn off the lights in the lift.
[21:17] <@Spiritcurse> The lights flicks off, and Henry swears vividly.
[21:18] <@Dorian> I turn to Henry and take a swing straight at his face, aimed by my thermal sight.
[21:19] <@Spiritcurse> With no ability to see, Henry drops to the floor, releasing his grasp on the captive.
[21:20] <@Dorian> I then proceed, like the fucking magpie I am, to relieve Malcom and Henry of their comlinks, weaponry, spare ammunition and any loose cash they may have.
[21:20] <@Spiritcurse> Not expecting to have to buy anything, you only find a couple dozen nuyen.
[21:21] <Codex> I turn the light back on.
[21:21] <@Dorian> "Hey, can you lower this lift for me? I gotta get out of this place."
[21:24] <Codex> I lower the lift to the lobby and open the doors. "How's the creeps?"
[21:24] <@Spiritcurse> Henry falls out of the lift. You hear gentle sobbing from inside the bag.
[21:25] *** Kite (Kite@19E3FA55.B6EC5BCC.F636F280.IP) joined
[21:25] <@Dorian> "We got the package. We'll get him away then free him." As I leave the lift, I shove Henry back into the lift with my foot.
[21:25] <Codex> "Get him in the van, I'll send lumpy for a coffee or something."
[21:25] <@Spiritcurse> The bagged man follows you meekly, the look of a man utterly defeated.
[21:26] <GC> I open the side of the van for them to enter.
[21:27] <@Dorian> I lead the bagged man into the van before sitting him down. "Cut him free and budge over, I'm driving."
[21:28] *** Kite quit (Ping timeout)
[21:30] <GC> I sit inside the back of the van and light a cigarette.
[21:30] <Codex> I grumble and move into the back. "I'm glad you can see in the dark, by the way." I look around the van for something to cut the ties with.
[21:30] <@Spiritcurse> You find most of the contents of a toolbox in the back of the van.
[21:30] <@Dorian> I get in the driver's
[21:30] <GC> I take my knife from its shethe and cut the man's bndings.
[21:31] <GC> I point a shotgun at his head.
[21:31] <Codex> "Woah."
[21:31] <GC> "Not taking any chances" I grumble.
[21:31] <@Dorian> I get in the driver's seat and begin to drive away, taking a rather circuitous route around the city. "Bit harsh, don't you think?"
[21:32] <GC> "You think I lived this long without being cautions?" I ask.
[21:32] <@Spiritcurse> The man massages his hands, getting blood back into his hands. "Thank you."
[21:32] <Codex> I pull the bag off of his head, "Lower that a little bit at least."
[21:32] <Codex> "Not the first thing a guy wants to see when he can see again."
[21:32] <GC> "Fine" I say as I lower the weapon to point squarely at his knees.
[21:33] <@Spiritcurse> "I've woken up to worse. Why'd you guys save me?"
[21:33] <Codex> "Shen?"
[21:33] <@Dorian> "Yo?"
[21:33] <GC> I inspect the man for anything hidden or untuward.
[21:34] <@Spiritcurse> Other than a few personal possessions, he doesn't seem to have anything important.
[21:34] <Codex> I sigh. "We were asked to."
[21:34] <GC> "Paid to" I correct.
[21:35] <Codex> I roll my eyes. "What did you do to get in this much drek?"
[21:35] <GC> "Want a light? You look like you could do with one" I ask before offering him a cigarette.
[21:35] <@Spiritcurse> "Signed up to test a new chip they'd designed. Went to the clinic, next thing I know, I'm shoved into a black bag and taken to here."
[21:36] <Codex> "A bit more than you signed up for?"
[21:36] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, just a bit. Nah thanks", he addresses the cigarette granter.
[21:37] <GC> I shrug and pocket the cigarette.
[21:37] <Codex> "What we're gunna do is take you back to our employee and see what they have to say about your situation."
[21:38] <Codex> "Do you know what they did to you at the clinic?"
[21:38] <GC> "Look, my arms are getting tired, if I lower my gun would you try to attack us? Deliberately or otherwise?"
[21:38] <@Dorian> "And how hard would pulling the chip be?"
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> "I know they chipped me, but nothing other than that. The bag went on right away, and then a nasty shock to the back of the head knocked me out."
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> "I suppose you'd remove it the same way you'd remove any chip.
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> "
[21:39] <@Dorian> "We need to get you to a bar, then."
[21:40] <@Spiritcurse> "That'd be great, yeah."
[21:40] <@Dorian> "Now, tell me: How do you feel about noodles?"
[21:40] <GC> Clearly not getting an answer I sigh, pack my shotgun away and begin to read a good book".
[21:40] <Codex> "Oh for the love of..."
[21:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Ambivalent, I suppose."
[21:41] <@Dorian> "Well, good enough. We're going to get some, and probably some Sake. You in?"
[21:42] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm in. And you can keep this." He passes the black bag to you.
[21:45] <Codex> I snag the bag. "Sweet. Swag-sack."
[21:45] <@Dorian> I turn a corner and pull up next to the noodle bar, getting out of the van.
[21:45] <Codex> "Commlinks, come on, throw 'em in."
[21:45] <Codex> "Oh."
[21:46] <@Spiritcurse> The swagsack feels somewhat heavier than you'd expect from a bag. Even more so when filling with stolen commlinks.
[21:46] <GC> I exit the van, just in case.
[21:46] <Codex> I give a closer look to the swag-bag.
[21:47] <@Spiritcurse> The bag seems to contain a thin metal mesh underneath the fabric.
[21:47] <Codex> "Oh haha wow, you're wearing this again mate."
[21:48] <Codex> I quickly attempt to shove the bag over his head again.
[21:48] <@Spiritcurse> "Oh but- aww."
[21:48] <Codex> "Now, I don't want you to panic."
[21:48] <Codex> "But,"
[21:48] <Codex> "That appears to be a Faraday cage in a bag."
[21:49] <Codex> "And you came wearing it. So you're going to keep wearing it until we're certain you've got that chip out of your head."
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> As best you can tell through a bag, he doesn't seem surprised, somehow.
[21:50] <@Dorian> "Get him into the bloody resteraunt, I need my Sake
[21:50] <@Dorian> "
[21:50] <Codex> I send a message to Shen's Commlink. "We're not going to be taking the bag off. Should I come out into the street with him?"
[21:51] <Codex> "Now... how're we going to get you into the bar..."
[21:52] <Codex> My eyes turn to my over-sized dufflebag. Maybe...
[21:54] <@Dorian> "Wait, no, keep him in the van. Whilst you're at it, run all the stuff over with a Tag Eraser." I turn to Martin, "You stay with them. I'll be right back."
[21:54] <GC> "Aye" I nod and return to the van.
[21:54] <Codex> "Right, on it."
[21:55] <GC> I shout through "BRING SOME SAKI!!!"
[21:55] <Codex> I turn to my dufflebag and search for my Tag Eraser.
[21:55] <Codex> "SakEeeeeeeee."
[21:55] <@Dorian> I head into the resteraunt, looking out for Myra.
[21:56] <@Spiritcurse> Myra's in her usual place - sat at the bar, being fawned over by a few hopefuls. She looks up as you enter.
[21:58] <Codex> I run over the guys head with a tag eraser under the hood. "S'cuse me." I then run over all the things we picked up on the job.
[21:58] <@Dorian> I head over, "I need you to come into my van for a minute and I'd rather you didn't make any crude puns."
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> She nods and follows you, saying "I don't usually swing that way, but sure."
[22:00] <@Dorian> "Neither do I - We're done and have problems getting the item into the bar."
[22:00] <@Dorian> I begin to head for the van.
[22:01] <@Spiritcurse> "Is he- it intact?"
[22:01] <@Dorian> "Fully, but there's a complication."
[22:01] <@Spiritcurse> "Go on?"
[22:02] <@Dorian> I open the door to the van and gesture her in.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> "On the first date as well?" She steps into the van.
[22:03] <@Dorian> I get in behind her and close the door, gesturing at the bag on the man's head, "The hacker said something about a 'fah-rah-day cage', whatever that is."
[22:03] <Codex> I turn up the edge of the hood. "Blocking signals. It was removed for about 15 seconds about a minute ago."
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> "I assume the chip's inside? The faraday cage is a complication, I agree."
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> "Then they won't be too far away. We need to move."
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> "Did he do anything, while the bag was off?"
[22:05] <GC> "Refused a smoke, the ungrateful drek".
[22:05] <@Dorian> "Talked a bit. Had a 12-gauge in his face."
[22:05] <Codex> "No, he seems perfectly lucid, a bit hard to surprise though."
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> "That makes sense. Though it's a little concerning that they're able to implant them already."
[22:06] <@Dorian> "What are they? And where do we want to move to?"
[22:07] <@Dorian> I begin to get into the driver's seat and turn the engine on.
[22:07] <Codex> "This better not become another fucking car chase."
[22:08] <GC> "Agreed" I say as I look at Shen sternly.
[22:08] <@Spiritcurse> "To put it simply, mind control chips. They let even the unawakened use some form of rote spells. If Horizon are making these, it's almost certain to be an issue. We need to get to the docks."
[22:09] <@Dorian> "That's bad. Docks it is."
[22:09] <Codex> "You hear that? You're magic now!" I pat the guy on the shoulder. "I never caught your name by the way. I'm Pen."
[22:09] <@Dorian> I set off, driving casually.
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> "Name's Simon. And that's good, right?"
[22:10] <@Dorian> "Debatably. I'm magic, and all I can do is punch people in the face really hard."
[22:10] <Codex> "It's questionable. I mean, from what Myra here said, you're also a bit more suseptible to uh... suggestion."
[22:10] <@Spiritcurse> "Is that why I have to keep wearing this bag?"
[22:11] <GC> "Nah, we just don't like your face" I say patting him on the back.
[22:11] <Codex> "It is Simon." I pick up my Cyberdeck and watch the matrix for anything angry, suspicious or over-sized.
[22:12] <@Spiritcurse> The drive down to the docks is mostly uneventful, save for some poor driving by a taxi driver on the way.
[22:12] <@Dorian> "Right, now where?"
[22:12] <Codex> "Chop shop?"
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> Myra thinks for a moment. "Malcom's a control freak. And he's... he is still alive, right?"
[22:13] <Codex> "Err,"
[22:13] <@Dorian> "Not one hundred percent on that one.
[22:13] <GC> I look at Shen.
[22:13] <GC> "Did he have a hole in his head?"
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Shit. In that case, he'll be trying to accelerate the project, which means we need to blow his lab."
[22:14] <@Dorian> "Cracked ribs, concussion, maybe some mild brain trauma, but I'm pretty sure he's alive. At least, he should be."
[22:14] <Codex> "Probably. I set things up so that SOMEONE would find them within a couple of hours... How much blood can a guy lose in a couple hours without dying?"
[22:14] <GC> "Then he isn't dead, great".
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Honestly, doesn't really matter. We need to destroy his research, and if he's there, terminate him. I'll double your fee, if you want to do this."
[22:16] <GC> "Wait... you want US, to walk into a lab, blow it up and kill the guy running it?"
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> "For 6000 nuyen each, yes."
[22:16] <GC> I sigh "Cover the ammo cost and you have a deal".
[22:16] <@Dorian> "Make it 7500 and ammo and you got a deal, lady."
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> "7000, and I'll give you access to a weapon stash around here."
[22:17] <GC> "Done". I shake her hand.
[22:18] <Codex> "Swaaaaaaaaaaaaag."
[22:18] <@Dorian> "We get to trash some shit, yay!"
[22:19] <@Spiritcurse> "Passcode's 5834, and they're in that warehouse there." She points to a nearby warehouse. "Of course I have explosives stashes throughout the city."
[22:19] <Codex> "Oh boy, wet-work."
[22:20] <Codex> I drop my sniper rifle in the back of the van, but pick up my ammunition.
[22:20] <GC> I walk to the warehouse and enter the combination.
[22:21] <@Spiritcurse> The warehouse opens, revealing many wonderful and mysterious things.
[22:21] <@Spiritcurse> Among this cornucopia of consumables, this warehouse of weaponry, is a yacht. It appears undisturbed by your entry.
[22:22] <HateFish> "We get to blow something up!" I giggle like a fourteen year old school girl as I prance behind Martin towards the warehouse
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> There are also some boxes of weaponry, C7, and thermite bombs.
[22:22] <GC> I go from one box to another opening them as I go.
[22:23] <Codex> I look around for a sniper rifle and a pistol.
[22:23] <GC> I run to the thermite bombs and C7, grab as many as I can carry and carefully put them into the back of the van in a duffle bag.
[22:23] *** Dorian quit (Ping timeout)
[22:23] *** HateFish changed nick to Dorian
[22:24] <GC> I also search for any ammunition clips and ammo for my current weapons.
[22:24] <Codex> I turn my nose up at the weaponry. "I think I'll go get my old weapon."
[22:24] <Dorian> I look about for a big club to strap a load of explosives to.
[22:25] <GC> I also look for any mele weaponry that may be useful.
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> You find several large iron pipes, for when guns just don't say "get fucked, chummer" hard enough.
[22:28] <Dorian> I take an iron pipe long enough to be a staff and strap a third of a block of C7 to the end, putting a pressure trigger on the end like a hammer head. I then strap a few gas grenades to it and get out my respirator.
[22:28] <GC> I grab as much ammo and clips as I can carry over two trips to the van and throw them all into the back.
[22:29] <Codex> "How do you plan on carrying all-- Actually whatever, get in the van. Myra, where is this lab?"
[22:30] <@Spiritcurse> "He's a control freak, so chances are this'll be under his hotel rig thing."
[22:30] <GC> I ask Myra "Is the boat up for grabs?"
[22:30] <@Spiritcurse> "You'll need some form of transport, yeah."
[22:30] <Codex> "Do we get screwed for collatoral?"
[22:31] <@Spiritcurse> "Try to minimize innocent casualties. Lab workers are yes, hotel guests are no. Unless they start shit, of course."
[22:32] <Codex> "Sw-sweet."
[22:32] <GC> I suddenly remember "DREK, it's an oil rig! I forgot." I grab all the loot I put into the van and load it onto the boat. I then continue loading things of interes onto the boat.
[22:34] <Dorian> "I need to swing past my place, gotta pick some stuff up."
[22:34] <Codex> "We have the plans to the place already, but we shouldn't just run in and bust shit up this time."
[22:34] <Dorian> "Why not? It worked last time."
[22:35] <Codex> "Because there's a lot more innocents this time."
[22:37] <Codex> "We also have a lot more time and the pay just got a lot more serious."
[22:38] <Dorian> "Fair enough. Listen, you two plan, I'll take Simon and Myra back to my place, let them kip it out there for a bit, whilst I pick up my stuff."
[22:38] <Dorian> "Oh, and can I borrow the van a minute?
[22:39] <GC> I haul my weapon bag from the back before saying "It's all yours, just bring her back in one piece".
[22:39] <Codex> "We'll stay in Lumpy's haven then while we plan. Stay in touch."
[22:39] <Dorian> "Pen, got any kit you want out of it before I go?"
[22:39] <Codex> Oh, give me a second.
[22:40] <Codex> ""
[22:40] <Codex> I retrieve my sniper rifle and cyberdeck from the back of the van. "I'm sorted. Bring us back some noodles or something, yeah?"
[22:41] <GC> "Call me that one more time" I scowel at the orc "And you won't take another breath" I go really close to his face and the flip blade springs from my wrist as I press it to his neck "You got that...Sunshine" A smile spreads across my lips.
[22:41] <Dorian> "Will do." I get into the van and get it started up, "Want anything else whilst I'm gone?"
[22:42] <Codex> "Cool story."
[22:43] <GC> I stick out my tongue and wink before walking away.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 pm

[20:20] <@Spiritcurse> It's been a couple of hours since you came into possession of the yacht, and have since met up with a couple of friends. You've got a couple hours sailing to the rig, several crates of weaponry, and no real plan what to do. Hit it.
[20:20] <Dorian> "Right. How we getting into this place?"
[20:21] <Codex> "Let me just pull up the plans." I move my cyberdeck into a position that everyone can gather around to see it.
[20:21] <Dergimil> "I'd say we pull the fire alarm, rig the place to go".
[20:22] <Dergimil> "Blow, rather"
[20:22] <Codex> "Ignore the files around that and check this," I gesture to the image on screen.
[20:24] <Dergimil> "Who's the poor sap we're doing this to then?"
[20:25] <Dorian> "I reckon that Dive Bell thing takes you down to the labs. So we break in, hit the fire alarm and send a metric fuckton of explosives down to the thing." I turn to the new guys, "We're blowing some fuck's lab up because of reasons, just so you know."
[20:25] <Codex> "Because holla get dolla."
[20:26] <Tav> "Reasons?" *I stroke my beard* "Are they good ones?"
[20:26] <Codex> "Dolla."
[20:26] <Dergimil> "No complaints from me."
[20:26] <Dorian> "Money and he didn't die when I punched him"
[20:26] <Tav> "Wonderful!" I grin
[20:26] <Codex> "Now, there is something I can't help but miss in a few of these images."
[20:26] <Codex> "The sharks."
[20:27] <Dergimil> "I guess it's a good time to tell you I'm alergic to sharks, and drowning, oh and death."
[20:27] <Dorian> "Which is why I brought my grapple gun and monomolecular chainsaw. I can go in through the floor."
[20:28] <Tav> "I like that plan more than sharks!"
[20:28] <GC> "I can rig the explosives to go, just guard the area while I work"
[20:28] <Codex> "I don't think that they'll bother the boat, but I'd rather be as far from explosives as possible.
[20:28] <Tav> "I'll make sure of that. This thing looks like it'll make a good lil getaway"
[20:29] <Tav> *pats the boat affectionateley
[20:29] <Dergimil> "Why don't we just straight up kill the dude, are explosives really needed?"
[20:29] <Dorian> I turn to Martin and Jack, "You two go in through the front door. I'll cause enough of a distraction to get them off the door. Also, we need his lab gone."
[20:31] <Dorian> "And I want to use my boom stick." I heft a metal pole with an alarming ammount of explosives strapped to one end.
[20:31] <Dergimil> "And what would you have me do through the door? This place is a labaratory not a leisure resort."
[20:31] <Tav> "Shen, where do you want me?"
[20:31] <Codex> "Wha-what the drek is that?"
[20:33] <Codex> "Actually Jack, It is a leisure resort as well."
[20:34] <Dergimil> "My my, a laboratory leisure resort, now I've seen mostly everything."
[20:34] <Codex> "Under the thing is where we need to stick the explosives. There's a lift in here," I gesture to an image, "Which goes down below the Ocean floor."
[20:35] <Dergimil> "Yeah, I prefer the other direction." He points towards the entertainment level.
[20:35] <Tav> "If you can keep them distracted while the boat is near then I can send in my fly spy to get a better view of this rig?"
[20:35] <Dorian> "Actually... Pen, can you piggy back on a drone to get into the system?"
[20:36] <Codex> "I think I might be able to, given assistance from Dean."
[20:36] <Tav> "I'm up for a bit of cooperative play" *patting Pen on the back*
[20:39] <Dorian> "Then we can use that to set the alarm off. If Martin walks in the front and starts trashing the place in such a way that the residents can get out, me and Jack can go in through the floor and set the explosives."
[20:39] <GC> "Here you might need this" I say as I pass Pen Mike's pistol.
[20:39] <Dergimil> "Setting the what now? No, no, no, no no. I didn't sign up for handling explosives."
[20:39] <GC> "Loaded with live rounds so use it sparingly" I say seriously.
[20:40] <GC> "Provided you don't drop them you will be fine, I've done this sort of job before".
[20:41] <Tav> *cracking a large case* "Okay two drones with the explosion party one with the distraction and one stays back to cover the yatch" *I hoist a nissan drone out and begin to attach a grenade launcher to it* *I mutter* "Baby gonna make something go boom"
[20:42] <Codex> "Where the drek is everyone getting this tier of equipment?"
[20:43] <Tav> "I know a guy?" *looks shifty*
[20:43] <Dorian> "I know a guy. Girl, actually, but that's not the point."
[20:47] <Tav> *winks at shen*
[20:50] <Dergimil> "Alright here's an idea." He leans in a glint in his eye.
[20:51] <Dergimil> "Me and the bugger with the lots of guns, and the guy filling explosives into duffle bags walk in and claim to have a room"
[20:51] <Dergimil> "Technoelf can work his computer magic to wizard up a reservation for us, of let's hope the person behind the desk is a desperate female in need of tender loving" He says winking.
[20:52] <Dorian> "Technoelf's actually an Orc, but I can see the resemblence." I grin
[20:52] <Codex> "Fuck yourself, knife ears."
[20:53] <Dergimil> "Flat ears, pal, I'm -normal-."
[20:53] <Dergimil> "Anyway, I'll leave techy to pick the room, somewhere close to where we need to be, and after we've got in we can do some recon."
[20:53] <Dorian> "Guys, guys. We're proffessionals. Now, let's go break into a hotel for fun and profit."
[20:53] <Codex> I grind my teeth. "I'm going to get planning." I move over to a drone and set next to it, examining it.
[20:54] <Dergimil> "For future noting, I'm heading to the entertainment first."
[20:54] <Tav> "huh" I shrug and help pen with the drone
[20:54] <Dorian> "Good diea, it'll solidify our cover."
[20:54] <Dergimil> "I promise not to get -too- engrossed in my work."
[20:55] <GC> I begin using one of the pieces of explosives as make-shift play-dough.
[20:55] <Dergimil> "Once we're in we can go from there, I only know how to get in."
[20:55] <Dorian> "Goddamn it, try not to get any static on that thing. This boat goes up, we're all gone."
[20:56] <GC> "I know what I'm doing, sheesh".
[20:59] <Dergimil> "Right then, planning done?"
[20:59] <Dorian> I sigh, "If Mr. Plays With High Explosives here is ok with it, me and him can check the CEO's office then collect you and case the lab."
[20:59] <Dorian> "Yeah, more or less. Let's get this shit ready."
[21:00] <GC> "That's fine with me" I stand up and begin preparing my guns, leaving behing a small bust of a woman with volumptuous, blasting cap breasts.
[21:01] <Tav> "Seems like you know what you're doing." I head back to the helm "Should be there soon guys."
[21:02] <@Spiritcurse> Your artwork notwithstanding, and with a keen sense of narrative convenience, the rig rises up over the horizon. You see "PanAtlantic Hotel" on a massive billboard decorating one side, and several leisure craft docked at it.
[21:06] <Tav> "Were here guys"
[21:06] <Dorian> "Cool. Get on those drone drops, Mr Rigger."
[21:06] <GC> I equip my guns, leaving behind the sniper, grenade launcher, shotgun and smg's on the boat ready to be delivered at a moments notice.
[21:06] <Dergimil> "Alright folks, last one off the oversized dingy is an Orc."
[21:07] <Dorian> "Which is why Pen is going to be last off."
[21:07] <Codex> "H-Hey wait!"
[21:07] <GC> Ensuring my remaining weapons are sufficiently concealed I make my way off the ship.
[21:16] <Tav> After docking the ship I quickly fly my nissan drone weaving through the boats in the marina. I bring the drone up next to a supporting column of the facility and a smaller Kanmushi drone scuttles onto the wall and begins to search for a way into the facility. I swiftly bring the Nissan back and have it idle by Shen acting as a pet. I load my second Kanmushi.
[21:16] <Tav> aboard the now docile nissan
[21:17] <@Spiritcurse> Kanmushi-kun manages to worm its way into the facility. Through the built-in camera, you can see that it's inside a lift shaft going up.
[21:18] <Tav> I have the drone wait in the shaft, preparing to follow the party.
[21:20] <@Spiritcurse> The docks are somewhat quiet for this time of day. A few people board and disembark various ships, and two corp drones patrol overhead. At the entrance to the rig stand two guards, not obviously armed, next to an airport scanner.
[21:20] <Dergimil> I have a backpack slung over my left shoulder, full of clips of non-lethal ammunitions, armor jacket and all of his other equipment.
[21:23] <Codex> I go inside the yacht and begin my hacking attempts.
[21:23] <Dorian> I jump off the Yacht and begin stretching off.
[21:24] <@Spiritcurse> The hotel's node mirrors the hotel itself - large and industrial, yet luxurious. No obvious security measures are in place, or at least, that you can see from a guest account.
[21:29] <@Spiritcurse> Your first hacking attempt fails, but thankfully goes undetected.
[21:30] <Codex> I try again, jumpling programs around before my second attempt.
[21:30] <Tav> I re purpose "Kanmushi", looking for any harline for Pen to use.
[21:32] <@Spiritcurse> As you reattempt your hacking, you sense a presence behind you. The icon of a security spider appears and sends a message - "State purpose?".
[21:33] <Codex> "I'm looking for the kitchen."
[21:33] <@Spiritcurse> "Kitchen second floor."
[21:33] <Codex> "Let me rephrase that, I wanted to check the room service menus."
[21:34] <@Spiritcurse> "Use normal browser."
[21:34] <Codex> "Acknowledged."
[21:35] <Codex> I stop my hacking attempts for the time being.
[21:35] <@Spiritcurse> The spider vanishes, off to perform some inscrutable task, or more likely, to play video games.
[21:35] <Dergimil> "Good thing you brought Techboy with you to let us in, alright you two, shall we risk the approach of just walking through the door?"
[21:35] <Codex> I send a message to Martin's eyes. "Stall, I've got a problem."
[21:36] <GC> "Why don't we look for another way in?" I suggest, using my best stalling voice.
[21:37] <Tav> I send kenmushi straight for the entrance "tell them I've got a plan"
[21:38] <Codex> "Dean has a plan," I send to Martin's eyes again. "Still need you to stall."
[21:38] <@Spiritcurse> The drone begins crawling towards the entrance. However, one of the corp drones hovers closer to your ship. It appears to be checking bookings.
[21:38] <Dorian> I glance at the guards, grin, and head for the detector, searching my pockets as I go. I stop just before the detector, looking shocked, and start patting down my coat.
[21:39] <GC> "The guys need time, let's just admire the scenery for now".
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> One of the guards turns to you. "Is there a problem, sir?"
[21:39] <Dorian> I turn, and run back towards the boat, "I've lost my booking ticket!"
[21:39] <@Spiritcurse> "That's no trouble, we can book you in here, via the drone."
[21:40] <Dorian> "No, you don't understand! It was in a bag with my credstick!"
[21:40] <Codex> Hearing this from within the boat, I attempt to access the drone.
[21:41] <@Spiritcurse> A red light blinks on the drone. However, it takes no further action.
[21:42] <@Spiritcurse> You manage to access the drone on the second attempt. An admin panel is presented to you in cyberspace.
[21:43] <Codex> "Thank fuck." I mutter.
[21:43] <Dergimil> Is stood around nonchalantly until we are given the green light.
[21:44] <Codex> I make a booking via the drone for the group. I also attempt to make the drone just sit still for a moment.
[21:44] <@Spiritcurse> As you assign yourself a booking, Kanmushi-kun crawls into a port on the metal detector.
[21:46] <Dorian> I turn to Martin, "We're good to go, right?"
[21:46] <Tav> Through the drones little eyes I begin trying to figure out how I can interrupt the power to the warning systems.
[21:46] <@Spiritcurse> There appears to be a debug system. If you accessed it, you might be able to make it give false-negatives for a short while.
[21:46] <GC> I turn to Shen and nod.
[21:47] <Dergimil> Notices the nod and strides forward towards the guardsmen.
[21:47] <Dorian> I turn back to the detector and start walking, sighing.
[21:47] <@Spiritcurse> The guard says "Hello sirs and madam, have you checked in yet?"
[21:48] <Tav> I quickly pass control of kenmushi to Pen "Have fun with their systems"
[21:48] <Dergimil> "Should have, what do you need me to tell you or somethin'?"
[21:48] <Tav> In the background I undock the boat and start to sail away
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> The detector bleeps once, then you feel it go silent. "Well, if you'd just step through this detector, we'll have you sent to your room, Mr...?"
[21:49] <Codex> I prepare the detector to turn off as it is walked through.
[21:49] <Codex> I write to Martin, "It's Nifers."
[21:50] <GC> "We are under the name Nifers".
[21:50] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay, Mr Nifers, you and your associates are cleared for entry. Second floor, room 204."
[21:51] <Codex> I chuckle to myself. "Nif ears..."
[21:51] <GC> I nod to the guards politely and make my way through the detector.
[21:51] <Tav> I highfive pen "good one"
[21:51] <Codex> I turn it off.
[21:52] <Dorian> "Thank you." I follow Martin through the detector.
[21:52] <Dergimil> I walk throug hthe detectors
[21:52] <@Spiritcurse> The detectors fail to bleep, rather failing their aim. Perhaps they should be called non-detectors.
[21:53] <Dergimil> I press the lift button.
[21:53] <Codex> I turn the detector back on once the final person has passed through it.
[21:53] <Codex> "I'm going to try access their main systems one last time." I send this to Shen's commlink.
[21:53] <@Spiritcurse> The lift dings, and opens to reveal a wide space, for you and your luggage, and based Kanmushi-kun, looking as smug as a faceless drone can.
[21:54] <@Spiritcurse> You feel the spider's presence again. "THIS NOT FOOD MENU BUTTON JUST USE BROWSER".
[21:55] <Dergimil> I move into the lift, turn to face the way we arrived from, and ding us up.
[21:55] <Dorian> I walk into the lift, chuckling and hit the button for the lobby.
[21:55] <Codex> "Drek, have I done it again? I'm sorry, I'm useless with this thing." I disconnect from the systems, internally crying.
[21:55] <GC> I follow.
[21:56] <Tav> Kanmushi wriggles his way into the shielded box aboard "Nissan" and sits snug next to Shiawase
[21:57] <@Spiritcurse> The lift reaches the lobby smoothly. There is a desk ahead of you with two receptionists, and two fountains in the main lobby, with seats around. Glass panels display photos of sealife and the surrounding views.
[21:57] <Dergimil> I make my way towards the front desk.
[21:58] <@Spiritcurse> The orc addresses you. "Hi, and welcome to PanAtlantic Hotels! How may I help you?"
[21:59] <Dergimil> "Good day your loveliness, I was just wondering if you could answer a few questions for me and my pals here?"
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> "Of course! What do you need to know?"
[22:01] <Codex> I send a message Shen's commlink. "I put you two floors below the BBEG."
[22:02] <Dergimil> "Where's the closest boozer around here?"
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> "There's a bar on the entertainment level, just upstairs from here."
[22:03] <Dergimil> "Ok, and the guest rooms, where might they be?"
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> Just down that corridor behind me, and then use the lift to select a floor."
[22:11] <Dergimil> Leans in foward above the desk into whispering distance "I'm gonna be honest with you gal, you look like the right kind of folk, we're here on a job for the owners of this chain of hotels to make sure the security systems among other things are working to their fullest, we need to speak with the CEO right away to confirm out suspicions".
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Oh... alright, I'll just call him and let him know you're on the way up." She picks up her phone and dials a short number.
[22:13] <Codex> I rub the bridge of nose. "That's insane."
[22:13] <Dergimil> "You should hold that, surprise inspection" he winks slyly.
[22:14] <Dergimil> "Just tell us where to go and we'll be out of your sight".
[22:14] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, okay. He's on the fifth floor, room 501."
[22:14] <Tav> "Aye" I get ready to power up the other three Nissan drones "atleast they'll have some fire support if they need it"
[22:15] <Dergimil> "Thanks gal, you've been of mighty help to us." He then procdes to walk towards the elevator which will take us up to room 501.
[22:16] <Dorian> I follow Jack, shifting my body to get ready to be an Adept.
[22:16] <GC> I not politely at the two girls before following my comerad.
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> The elevator has a number pad affixed, next to the floor selection. The buttons are "B", "G", and 1 through 4.
[22:17] <Dorian> I lean out of the lift, "Can you get us an override to floor 5?"
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> "Shouldn't you already know the passcode?" she asks, curious but not yet suspicious.
[22:19] <Dergimil> "Passcode's out of date since the last inspection, just send us up."
[22:20] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm not supposed to override the lift, Mr Reynolds gave specific instructions."
[22:21] <Dergimil> Sighs "Were Mr Renolds instructions to let his workers get this place shut down because of a simple elevator?"
[22:21] <GC> I stand in front of the camera due to my height being the largest of the group.
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm sorry, I'm just not supposed to let people get access without it. Should I ring him?"
[22:22] <Codex> "Just get me direct access, we're trying to ice a guy here."
[22:22] <Tav> "Pen, message them to open the hatch on the belly of the drone"
[22:22] <Dergimil> "Don't worry I'm sure we can deal with it ourselves" I then press the button to close the elevator doors if there is one.
[22:23] <@Spiritcurse> The elevator doors swing shut.
[22:23] <Dorian> I sigh and pull the hatch off it's hinges before connecting the drone to the lift.
[22:25] <Tav> "WOAH! DID THEY JUST BREAK MY BABY? Bastards..."
[22:25] <Dergimil> "Finally we're getting somewhere, somebody pull out the camera too."
[22:25] <GC> I turn and rip the camera from the wall.
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> The lift whirrs up, heading for the fifth floor. It stops shortly after you've finished ripping things out of the wall.
[22:27] <Dorian> I check my gloves and pass Jack a gun loaded with live rounds.
[22:27] <Tav> "We going loud?" I look at Pen
[22:27] <Codex> "Looks like,"
[22:27] <Dorian> I then focus my magic and channel it into my muscles.
[22:27] <Codex> "At least we don't have to get our hands dirty."
[22:27] <GC> I draw the two Ares Predator V's from my jacket and load exploding rounds.
[22:28] <Dergimil> Pulls back the barrel to check the ammo "Sweet, live rounds, we're gonna make tomato soup pour from his skull" he then places it in his pocket aiming forward, slammign the hammer back.
[22:29] <Codex> "Let's not go too loud though, we're only after the man of the house."
[22:29] <Tav> "Wonderful" With a grin I raise my arms to the air and send the three drones from the boat flying forward. over my comlink I begin playing Wagners "Ride of the Valkyries"
[22:29] <GC> I also load one gun with stun rounds in preperation for taking out any innocents.
[22:31] <Dergimil> "Actually.." he pulls Shen's pistol out of his pocket and flips out his own, loading in a clip of Stick-n-Shock and putting it into his trench coat pocket, slamming the hammer back.
[22:31] <Dorian> I take my gun back and reholster it.
[22:31] <Tav> I have the drones fly low and fast, heading straight for the dive bell. My fly spy is holding on top of the drone "David"
[22:31] <Dorian> I then take a running stance
[22:31] <@Spiritcurse> The lift door opens. Two guards are stood by the entrance to room 501, assault rifles in hand. They seem startled and raise weapons when they see you.
[22:32] <Codex> I pat Dean's shoulder. "Good luck, try not to alarm anyone."
[22:32] <Dorian> I dash out at the guards, moving at maximum speed
[22:32] <GC> I quickly move to be hidden by the lift's door.
[22:35] <Dorian> I then send my fist straight for the first guard's face.
[22:38] <Spiritcurse> The face of the guard crumples beneath your fist. He does not survive the experience.
[22:39] <Dorian> I then turn and strike out at the other guard
[22:40] <Spiritcurse> After another punch, that guard collapses with a grunt. The way to the door is now clear.
[22:40] <GC> I step from the lift and walk over to the guards, evidently desperate for my next fix of tasty loot.
[22:40] <Dorian> I straighten up and sort my jacket out. "Well, that was eventful."
[22:40] <Dergimil> Looks around the side of the lift as he hears a second thump to the floor "Now that's what I call a pair of crater face".
[22:41] <Tav> 100m out "David" releases the spy fly and I set "sif" to orbit the yatch keeping an eye out for anything approaching
[22:41] <Spiritcurse> From inside the apartment, you can hear music playing - presumably, what happened outside hasn't been heard. You find two assault rifles, their locker keys, and two commlinks, but not much else.
[22:41] <Dergimil> I then swagger over to the room with the number "501" imprinted into the door.
[22:41] <Tav> David, Goliath and Avery continue on towards the dive bell
[22:42] <GC> I take the aforementioned loot and loan the weapons to the drones.
[22:43] <Spiritcurse> The three drones reach the dive bell. It's on the back left leg, from the marina, and currently unguarded. It's mostly glass, to allow passengers to see out.
[22:45] <Tav> "Shiawase" crawls out of the bag at something even less than a snails pace. It crawls the meter or so to the door and takes a look underneath
[22:46] <Spiritcurse> It looks like the living room of a typical apartment. Two sofas, one with Malcolm Reynolds on, are pointing to a large plasma TV.
[22:47] <Dergimil> I pull out my lockpicking set from my backpack and procede to picklock the door.
[22:47] <Tav> I have the trio land on the divebell and begin unpacking the explosives. "Goliath" is set to guard.
[22:49] <Tav> "Shiawase" returns to the bag
[22:49] <Dergimil> Door is successfully picklocked, and I procede to slowly open the door while hugging it as to make my steady approach towards Mr Reynolds.
[22:49] <GC> I stomp into the room and point a gun at renaulds head.
[22:49] <Dorian> I jump over the sofa and set myself down in front of him. "Remember me?"
[22:50] <GC> Whilst my friends are keeping him entertained I search the rest of the apartment for cameras, guards, family members or other easily soiled goods.
[22:50] <Spiritcurse> He jumps, clearly startled. "Oh god... You're the dick from the lift, aren't you? See this? Your fault." He points to his chest, at a lot of bandages.
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> The drones unpack the explosives quickly, attaching them with magnetic clamps to the dive bell. Soon enough, they're finished.
[22:51] <Dergimil> "Alright pal, I'm gonna be forward with you, you're not going to live much longer after this conversation, but if you wish to co-operate I could make it as painless as possible".
[22:51] <Dorian> "Shout and I rip your asophagus out."
[22:51] <Spiritcurse> The apartment has no cameras - he seems to like his privacy. Other than that, it's got what you'd expect from a penthouse suite.
[22:52] <Spiritcurse> "What is it you need? Money? Guns? Women?"
[22:52] <Dergimil> "Question number one, what are you working on in that laboratory of yours. Question number two, can the speedster close the damned door behind us?"
[22:52] <Dorian> "All of the above, sans the third one."
[22:53] <GC> Noticing this I begin to search the apartment for anything valuable.
[22:53] <Spiritcurse> "Oh, that? Nothing major. And I'll give you money and guns. Might even let you guys live, if you leave right now."
[22:53] <Dergimil> "Alright comm silence from you two, thanks."
[22:53] <Tav> Goliath, Avery and David head around the outside of the facility heading to help the party
[22:53] <Dergimil> "By the way, close the door."
[22:53] <Dorian> I nod to Martin, "You're on that, thanks."
[22:53] <GC> On my way around the room I do so.
[22:54] <Spiritcurse> The three drones swoop up to the window of the apartment, barely visible against the glow of the sun.
[22:54] <Dergimil> "Here's what I'm going to do Mr Reynolds, I'm going to shoot your kneecaps if you do anything but answer my questions, I hear the kneecaps are a damned painful place to get shot."
[22:55] <Spiritcurse> "Okay, enough intimidating. What do you want?"
[22:56] <Dergimil> "What EXACTLTY are you working on in your lab?"
[22:56] <Tav> "Somebody want to let us in" I say to the party. One of the drones taps it's gun against the window *knock* *knock*
[22:56] <Spiritcurse> "A combat chip."
[22:56] <Dergimil> "Oh? And what's this for?"
[22:57] <Spiritcurse> "Soldiers."
[22:57] <Dergimil> "WHICH SOLDIERS?"
[22:57] <Spiritcurse> "Horizon soldiers."
[22:57] <Spiritcurse> You find the typical loot you'd expect from a penthouse. Silverware, wine, a few paintings, the usual fare."
[22:58] <GC> I take the valuable looking paintings, silverware and wine and put them into the dufflebag which used to contain the drone.
[22:59] <GC> I then use a prized family photo to light my cigarette.
[22:59] <Dergimil> "Oh, fair enough." He stands up and starts moving towards the room "Speedster, you can do the rest."
[22:59] <Dorian> "YAY!" I stand up and punch Mr Reynolds as hard as I can in the throat.
[23:00] <GC> After packing the last of the loot into the dufflebag I open the window and drop the loot bag down onto an awaiting drone. "So me a favour and take this back to the bote ".
[23:01] <Dergimil> I stride over the crushed faced corpses and move into the elevator, holstering his pistol back into his hidden arm slide "You two done? Let's get moving to our payday."
[23:01] <Tav> David turns and speeds away, Goliath follows behind guarding.
[23:01] <Spiritcurse> Malcolm Reynolds, still recovering from his last encounter with Shen, Emissary of Fist, is loath to take another hit. However, take it he does, and pays for the event with his life.
[23:02] <Dergimil> "Actually, before our payday, a drink to toast, shall we?"
[23:03] <GC> I then walk over to renaulds body and search it for loot.
[23:03] <Spiritcurse> You find his watch, commlink, and a photo of his wife and children.
[23:03] <GC> I take all three. and store them in my inner pocket.
[23:05] <GC> I then make my way back to the lift to have a well deserved drink.
[23:05] <Dorian> I head for the lift, cleaning my fists off as I go. "We sharing a bottle of Vodka, then?"
[23:06] <GC> "Aye" I say, grinning fiercly.
[23:06] <Dergimil> "Not for me" He presses the G button.
[23:06] <GC> I then press the button for the floor containig the bar.
[23:07] <Spiritcurse> The elevator stops at the entertainment floor, before continuing to the ground floor.
[23:07] <GC> I exit the lift and approach the bar.
[23:07] <Tav> As the party returns Kanmushi Crawls out and into the hatch on Nissan. Nissan then detatches its own guns and goes back to pretending to be a pet
[23:07] <Dorian> I get out at the bar and head straight for the vodka
[23:07] <Dergimil> I procede to walk out of the lift at the ground floor, and approach the receptionist.
[23:07] <Tav> I bring the boat around and head for the dock.
[23:08] <GC> As I approach the bartender I request 3 bottles of whiskey and pay for Shen's bottle of vodka like a true gentleman.
[23:08] <Dergimil> "We're all done here, my two fellows are getting a stop for the road, there's one last thing we need you to test however, the alarm system".
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> "Of course. I'll set off the evacuation protocols now, if you want."
[23:09] <Spiritcurse> You get your drinks, raising some eyebrows as to why you don't just drink like a normal person.
[23:09] <Dergimil> "Please, if you would".
[23:10] <Spiritcurse> "Okay." She types a quick command, and alarms sound throughout the base.
[23:11] <GC> I thank the bartender and head towards the exit of the hotel. Meeting with the face on the way.
[23:11] <Tav> Before leaving, Nissan drops Shiawase somewhere concealed.
[23:11] <Dorian> I follow Martin out of the bar.
[23:12] <Spiritcurse> You see several people conducting the evacuation, sheparding people to various different ships, which immediately set off and sail a short distance.
[23:12] <Dergimil> Walks away towards the exit, "Techy, think you can do THIS one correctly? Package to go south, if you know what I'm saying"!.
[23:12] <GC> I board our ship and begin inspecting the day's spoils.
[23:13] <Dorian> I head out of the hotel as well, chugging some Vodka as I go.
[23:13] <Codex> "Yeah, yeah." I grumble as I send the elevator downwards.
[23:13] <Tav> as the party all board and the last of the drones return I turn the ship round and sail to join the other boats at the "minimum safe distance"
[23:14] <Spiritcurse> The elevator goes all the way down to the sea floor, carrying its explosive cargo. All that's left to do is press the trigger.
[23:14] <Tav> "A moments silence please" I salute and have Shiawase detonate the explosives.
[23:16] <Dergimil> Hearing the clear sounds of our package officially sailing south, I rush towards the yacht.
[23:16] <Spiritcurse> You hear a dull thump, then a large wave erupts from the sea floor. You can see the rig shake, but the other three supports take the strain. After the brief rush of water, the sea settles, and all seems alright. Any base down there is certaintly gone now.
[23:17] <Tav> "Farewell little one"
[23:17] <Codex> "I'd take off my hat if I wore one."
[23:17] <Codex> "Goodbye, Shiawase-kun."
[23:18] <GC> Sensing his emotional distress I pass him a bottle of whiskey. "Drink up lad, you earned it".
[23:18] <Dergimil> "Alright, so what's my cut?"
[23:18] <Dorian> "We get eight grand a piece, to my knowledge."
[23:18] <Codex> "We'll find out when we get back to the uh--"
[23:19] <Codex> "Mr. Johnson."
[23:19] <Dergimil> "is that it? Jeez and here's me thinking you were properly connected".
[23:19] <Dergimil> "I guess it'll have to do".
[23:19] <Dorian> "It's double base job price, don't complain."
[23:20] <Dergimil> "Maybe YOUR base price, sure."
[23:21] <GC> I down a bottle in one as the credits roll down. Job, well, done.

Shadowruners gonna Shadowrun LDnAzKa
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:47 pm

[20:05] <Spiritcurse> Right. Last episode, on Shadowrun, you were escaping on a boat away from an exploding oil rig, after beating the CEO to a bloody pulp for somewhat vauge reasons. You now approach the docks back at the city, and are welcomed by a moonlit, yet rainy, night.
[20:06] <Spiritcurse> You've got a meeting with your fixer soonish, where you're meant to be giving the boat back, as well as any unused explosives. She's arranged to meet you in a warehouse near the middle of town.
[20:06] <Dorian> "I've had a thought. We're on a boat and we're trying to get to the middle of town."
[20:06] <@Dergimil> "So?"
[20:06] <tavolk> "Sea turtles mate"
[20:07] <Dorian> "Are we just going to boat up the fucking canals or something?"
[20:07] <@Dergimil> "Or you could just walk, you lazy bastards."
[20:07] <Codex> "Let's go back to where we picked this up, Martin's van is still there."
[20:07] <tavolk> "sorry, what?" I say rousing from a daydream. "Yeah, She'll fit up the ship canal"
[20:07] <GC> "Alternatively you could walk and I could take my van which is 5 feet away from the docks".
[20:09] <@Dergimil> "I like walking, I play a little game whenever I'm out at night, 'see how many people try and mug me and get beat to an inch of their life', it's amusing you should try it some time."
[20:09] <tavolk> I Bring the boat up alongside the docks "I'm going to miss this ole gal" I pat the boat
[20:10] <GC> "In my libe of work, I hardly ever need to go to so much effort" I say as I hop off the boat and take my gear to the van.
[20:10] <Codex> "I'm sure that she'll let  you see it again sometime. As long as you didn't leave any stains on the rug."
[20:10] <Codex> "Anyway, you got all the unused explosives with you Martin?"
[20:10] <tavolk> I chuckle slightly "Yeah lets load up."
[20:11] <GC> "Uuh, no" I say as I throw a rather large dufflebag into the back of the van.
[20:11] <Codex> I get off of the boat and begin towards the van. "I hope you're not lobbing explosives around in there."
[20:11] <Dorian> I get my kit out of the boat, dump it in Martin's van, and get into the driver's seat. "Come on, we've got money to get."
[20:11] <GC> "It's my van, I do what I want... I mean, what explosives?"
[20:12] <@Dergimil> My character follows them for lack of better things to do, collecting his things prior to dismounting the boat.
[20:12] <tavolk> I grab my bags, an unnarmed nissan following beside me.
[20:12] <GC> I hop into the back of the van and begin drinking the last drops from a bottle of whisky.
[20:12] <Codex> I stretch a bit before climbing into the van. "Turn the heating on Shen."
[20:14] <tavolk> "I like this model, nice and trustworthy" I jump in "Could probably rig this up pretty well" I say to myself.
[20:14] <Dorian> I start the van and turn the heating up. "Already on it." I then head off toward the noodle bar.
[20:15] <Codex> "I am SO ready to get the money and get hidden."
[20:15] <Spiritcurse> The noodle bar is only slightly out of the way, and you arrive there without incident. Good thing, considering the amount of explosives in the van. It's still open, and a steady trickle of customers stream to and from the takeaway section.
[20:18] <Codex> "Are we meeting her here?"
[20:18] <Dorian> I pull up and get out of the van. I then proceed to get everyone some noodles and head off again. "No."
[20:19] <Codex> I chow down. "I wonder how that guy with the chip is doing."
[20:19] <Spiritcurse> The noodles be long and delicious. Dwarven work.
[20:20] <GC> I try and fail to use the chopsticks to eat the noodles, after my 5th attempt I decide to just swallow it in one. "This is why I'm underweight" I mutter.
[20:20] <@Dergimil> He chuckles at the massive orc sat near him "Yeah, ok."
[20:21] <Spiritcurse> You make the trip to the warehouse. It's a common meeting point for shadowrunners through the ages, and at this time of night, it appears to be deserted. This all but guarantees you're being watched.
[20:21] <tavolk> "Little too quiet, circle the block and I'll let out a drone to scout the area"
[20:22] <Spiritcurse> Possible routes of entry are through the windows, the large entrance, or through the main lobby, like a normal person. You see a few cameras in the area, but nothing more hostile.
[20:23] <Codex> I pull out my cyberdeck. "Let's have a gander..."
[20:23] <Spiritcurse> Apart from the cameras, there's the warehouse's node. It's protected by a fairly simple firewall.
[20:23] <@Dergimil> "Hey this looks safe, who wants to go in first?"
[20:23] <tavolk> I drop "Sif" the small spy fly out of a window and take her up circling the area
[20:23] <Dorian> I take the van out a way from where we're going before stopping. "We wait for the recon to get done."
[20:24] <Codex> "We are meeting her here, right?"
[20:25] <Codex> "I don't want to push anything to hard if we've been invited."
[20:26] <Spiritcurse> The spy drone is able to detect a large abandoned warehouse. However, the strain of doing so burns Sif-kun's sensors out for a while, and it clatters to the ground with a mechanical whimper.
[20:28] <tavolk> "Shit"
[20:28] <Codex> "Stop the van, there's no need to be this paranoid."
[20:28] <Dorian> I sigh and step out of the van, "Shall we just go, then?"
[20:28] <@Dergimil> Busts open the back door to the van "Bugger you guys and your shitty gizmos, I'm walking in" He begins to stride towards the warehouse.
[20:28] <tavolk> I get out and retrieve the drone with Goliath and David flanking me
[20:29] <Spiritcurse> The lobby door, as usual, is unlocked. You recover your stricken drone with the minimum of effort.
[20:29] <GC> I sigh, down the last of my booze, step out of the van and close the doors before following my companions.
[20:30] <Dorian> I grab my Vodka from my bag and head for the warehouse.
[20:30] <Codex> I step into the lobby and take a quick look around.
[20:30] <tavolk> I keep up with the party
[20:31] <GC> I step into the room and scan the room for threats.
[20:32] <Spiritcurse> The lobby has very few features. A dying potted plant, a couple of chairs, and a receptionist's desk with a TV monitor and pair of speakers on. Shown on the screen is a flickering CCTV image - Myra, with her hands behind her head, a handgun held against her temple.
[20:32] <Dorian> "This is interesting."
[20:32] <Codex> "Ahaha, oh boy."
[20:33] <Codex> "I think I've seen this one."
[20:33] <Spiritcurse> The speakers crackle to life, and a male voice sounds forth. "You're late."
[20:33] <Codex> "We really wanted noodles."
[20:33] <Spiritcurse> "It's okay. Myra wasn't going anywhere in a hurry."
[20:33] <Dorian> "Good to know."
[20:33] <tavolk> *under my breath* "codex, any chance of finding out where they are?"
[20:33] <GC> "Where is our money?" I ask the tv, assuming there is some device to pick up my voice.
[20:34] <Spiritcurse> "You've cost me a lot of money, you know?"
[20:34] <Codex> I get my cyberdeck ready, standing behind whoever is the tallest.
[20:35] <GC> "I couldn't care less, we had a deal, now where is the money" I say as I continue to try and stall.
[20:35] <tavolk> "You cost me one of my favourite drones, you know?" I say imitating his question.
[20:35] <Spiritcurse> "You destroyed my lab. You've terminated one of my best employees. And you've stolen my chip."
[20:36] <tavolk> "To be fair, I only destroyed your lab"
[20:36] <Dorian> "Have we? News to me."
[20:36] <GC> "I still have your booze if you want it back. Oh wait" I look at the empty bottle in my hand, "I guess it's too late for that".
[20:37] <Codex> I attempt to access the warehouse node.
[20:37] <Spiritcurse> "Don't play coy with me. You want your money, and presumably, her. I want my chip. I'm offering you a trade."
[20:38] <GC> "We don't know where the chip is, we traded it off to an anonymous buyer".
[20:39] <Spiritcurse> "Such a shame. Maybe I'll have to jog your memory." You see a gloved hand press against Myra's cheek, and she gasps in pain.
[20:39] <@Dergimil> "What damned chip are you EVEN talking about? We didn't steal a damned thing from your science aquarium."
[20:41] <Dorian> I lean over to Jack, "Different job." I turn back to the screen, "So, tell me. If you're so damned keen to get this chip back, just what exactly was it?"
[20:42] <Spiritcurse> You manage to breach the incredibly simple firewall. The warehouse has a listing of contents, clearly false, as welll as CCTV feeds. There's also the TV and a few hidden microphones, enabling communication.
[20:42] <Codex> I attempt to access the CCTV feeds
[20:42] <Spiritcurse> "It was a custom combat chip. It was on the verge of redefining armed conflict. And you've stolen it."
[20:43] <Codex> "That knife ear'd twat is going to owe us so much money..."
[20:43] <Spiritcurse> The CCTV shows you locations throughout the warehouse. You see yourselves in the lobby, as well as a Myra and her captor, in an office upstairs.
[20:44] <Dorian> "Oh." I think for a second, "We got ripped off then."
[20:45] <Codex> I use AR to tell the party via their commlinks that Myra is upstairs with her captor. It also doesn't look like there's anyone else in the place.
[20:47] <tavolk> Using my technomancy I broadcast my voice to the party's comlinks  "Keep him busy, I have two drones heading to his location"
[20:48] <Dorian> "Actually, I've had an idea. You want your chip, we want Myra alive and to get paid. This makes perfect sense. You give us a little more, free Myra, and we get you your chip back."
[20:49] <Spiritcurse> "You'll tell me where the chip is. Otherwise, if you leave the room, Myra takes a little... injury."
[20:50] <tavolk> Nissan and Avery.J take to the skies. Through the commlink "Pen can you get me a location in the building?"
[20:51] <@Dergimil> "Hey mister kidnapper, mind if I take a seat, I don't even know who you are so this ain't my problem." He motions towards a crate somewhere in view of the television.
[20:51] <Codex> "North east corner room."
[20:51] <Codex> "Upstairs, one level."
[20:51] <Dorian> "I know for a fact it's not leaving the city within the next week. And I know perfectly well that if it's in this city, I can track it down."
[20:51] <@Dergimil> "Heck, I barely know these poor soon-to-be Johnsonless folks."
[20:52] <GC> To ensure there are no camoflagued hostiles in the same room as us I activate my thermal vision and casually look around the room.
[20:53] <Codex> "I'm connecting to your drones. Send them up there."
[20:53] <tavolk> The two drones make for the north east corner of the building. I pass the camera control on Nissan to Pen. "Use that, pick out targets for me"
[20:53] <Spiritcurse> "You'd better be able to. Tell you what. Smith, stand down." The gun on the screen moves away, and Myra opens her eyes, looking dead into the camera. "Help me", she mouths.
[20:53] <Codex> "Ho-holy crap."
[20:55] <tavolk> Noticing that Myra still has her comlink in I send her a message "How many people are in the room. Blink us the answer"
[20:55] <Spiritcurse> She blinks twice.
[20:55] <tavolk> "On my signal, throw yourself to the floor. Just get away from that gun."
[20:56] <Codex> "Ask her what O'clock they're at."
[20:56] <Codex> "Actually, yeah, ignore that."
[20:56] <tavolk> "Pen, what does that thermal readout say"
[20:57] <Spiritcurse> Aside from the heat from the radiators and computers, the only thermal signatures are of Myra and her guard.
[20:58] <Dorian> "Hope you don't mind if I have a lie down, do you? I'm shatterred." I sigh, and lie down, looking straight up and turning my Thermographic vision on.
[20:59] <Codex> "You're an odd one Shen." I mutter, for the microphone.
[20:59] <Spiritcurse> You see a few hints, like of someone trying to use magic to mask their heat sig.
[21:00] <Spiritcurse> Their magic is strong juju. You can't make out anything more precise.
[21:01] <Dorian> I frown, and send a message "Wiz in room. Dead above me. Apply bullet."
[21:02] <tavolk> "We can't see, you take the shot on my mark, I'll take the other guard?"
[21:02] <Codex> "Jack, talk him down a bit more, if you can."
[21:02] <Dergimil> "From where, pally?"
[21:02] <Codex> "If we can hear him or something in the room, that'd be fantastic."
[21:03] <Codex> I apply an overlay for the area that Shen saw the Wiz. This can be seen for anyone in the party with mechanical eyes.
[21:05] <tavolk> I send a message to Martin "on my mark, blow a hole in the floor at that target."
[21:07] <Codex> I attempt to loop the video of the last 15 seconds to the cameras.
[21:10] <Codex> I pull Mike's pistol and aim upwards towards my wiz marker. "Haha, oh wow."
[21:11] <tavolk> I have the drones drop aside the room and take aim. "MARK" I send to everyones commlink. The drones open fire.
[21:11] <GC> I swing my green smg with explosive, tracer and armour piercing rounds up towards the marked location on the cieling and open fire.
[21:11] <Dorian> I pull both my guns and open fire
[21:13] <Codex> I begin to fire
[21:19] <@Spiritcurse> The guns shred the ceiling. A dead mage collapses through the floor, landing in a crumpled heap amid some rubble.
[21:19] <@Spiritcurse> You hear cursing, a gunshot, and see Myra dive through the hole onto a sofa.
[21:21] <@Spiritcurse> The drones open up on Smith, who drops to the ground.
[21:22] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, I didn't expect that", the voice comes from the speakers. "I suppose you've earned your little rescue. Now. My chip."
[21:22] <GC> Noticing that the fight is over I reload my weapon and begin looting the dead wizard.
[21:23] <@Spiritcurse> The wizard has a commlink and a small talisman. He also carries a small handgun and some keys.
[21:23] <GC> I take all of it and pocket it.
[21:23] <Dorian> I nab the Talisman and head up to Myra
[21:24] <Codex> "Do you not have copies of this chip or something somewhere? Why is this single one so important to you?" I look to Shen. "Check on her, yeah?"
[21:24] <@Spiritcurse> "You've clearly never been part of a research team. If our competitors get that chip, years of research is ruined. Not to mention the PR disaster."
[21:24] <tavolk> "Shit" I have "Nissan" and "Avery.J" take up guarding positions outside. I send "David" through the building clearing it systematically. "Goliath" stays by me.
[21:25] <@Spiritcurse> Myra seems injured but alive. She grunts in appreciation as you check her. "Thanks."
[21:26] <@Spiritcurse> Your guard drones don't notice much out of the ordinary. Cursing and gunfire isn't exactly unusual.
[21:27] <GC> I head upstairs to the second corpse and also check it for loot.
[21:27] <tavolk> I have "David" return to us and have it guard Myra
[21:27] <Codex> I pull my cyberdeck again and search for the source of the voice. Besides the speaks, of course.
[21:28] <@Spiritcurse> The speaker's node is passed through a couple of proxies before ending in a corporate office uptown. It's a Horizon R&D lab, surprisingly enough.
[21:29] <Codex> "Hahahaha, oh wow." I wipe my brow. "We should make ourselves scarce. Now."
[21:29] <Dorian> I pick Myra up and head downstairs after searching the room throroughly.
[21:30] <@Spiritcurse> The body has an assault rifle, a smartphone, and a keycard.
[21:30] <GC> I take all of them and dash for my van. Jumping in the back and preparing for any immediate threats.
[21:31] <tavolk> I begin moving back outside. "Let's go guys, we need to move." Then to the monitor "I guess we'll be seeing more of you soon."
[21:32] <Codex> "Tag erase anything you pick up!" I yell as I begin to run for the van.
[21:32] <Dorian> "Yeah, we'll get you your chip. Don't worry about it." I grin, and run for the van.
[21:33] <tavolk> "Lets go, Lets go, Lets go, Lets go." I call as I open up the back of the van, ushering in Myra and two of my drones.
[21:33] <Codex> I pick up the tag eraser and throw it to Martin. "Do, EVERYTHING."
[21:33] <@Spiritcurse> Myra swings in, surprisingly agile for someone with a mostly metal body.
[21:33] <Dorian> I jump in the driver's seat, turn the keys and hit the accellerator.
[21:34] <Dergimil> I dash out of the warehouse and into the van, following the rest of the group.
[21:34] <GC> I hurridly close the doors behind him.
[21:34] <@Spiritcurse> The van speeds away, leaving what remains of the warehouse to the streets.
[21:35] <Dergimil> "I cannot believe you people did this, and dragged me into this mess along with you, seriously."
[21:35] <Dergimil> "This is sooo not worth the pay."
[21:35] <tavolk> I bring the two remaining drones in close to the van covering us as we drive.
[21:35] <GC> "Want a smoke?" I say, offering one to the panicking male.
[21:35] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm sorry. I had no idea I was being followed. I'm getting too old for this shit", Myra muses.
[21:36] <tavolk> When far enough away I open the back doors and bring them in.
[21:36] <GC> "In fact, anyone here want a smoke?" I ask the group.
[21:36] <tavolk> "Here" I grab one and offer up a light
[21:37] <Dergimil> "Keep your deathsticks away from me, jughead." He's clearly livid.
[21:37] <Dergimil> "I'd blame the drones again, but I guess this was everyones fault, HOW are we going to fix this?"
[21:37] <tavolk> I cough "this is cheap shit" I still however smoke it.
[21:37] <GC> "Suit yourself" I say as I strike up a light and blow it in a way as to fill as much of the back of the van as possible with smoke.
[21:38] <Dorian> "I vote we give him the chip so we don't get hunted down and killed by a Tripple A Corporation."
[21:38] <tavolk> I have a quick look at the burnt out Spy Fly "common baby" I mutter
[21:39] <Dergimil> "If you won't do it, I'd steal it off of you and do it myself."
[21:39] <Dergimil> "No matter how much hocus pocus you keep up your sleeves."
[21:40] <Codex> "M-M-Myra, w-why send such s-small fry on a job of-of of this scale?"
[21:40] <GC> I run the tag eraser over the recently aquired loot before tossing it into a duffle bag I aptly named 'The Swag Sack O' Loot'.
[21:40] <Dergimil> "Also, I- We expect to be paid for saving your ass."
[21:40] <tavolk> Moments later "Sif" hums back to life and hovers in the air infront of me."atta girl"
[21:40] <GC> "Here here ".
[21:41] <@Spiritcurse> "Didn't think it was this big, chummer. Thought it was a routine snatch job."
[21:41] <tavolk> "You okay ma'am? I could have a look at that chassis? If you want I could take a look?"
[21:42] <tavolk> I realise what I said and go bright red
[21:42] <Dergimil> "Well your thinking is what got us onto a big corps list, I do NOT like being on any lists."
[21:42] <GC> "Does that include the christmas list?" I ask.
[21:42] <Codex> "Admittedly, it's only Horizen."
[21:42] <Codex> "They're the bottom of triple A."
[21:42] <Dorian> "I'm already on several. I mean, none over here, but still."
[21:43] <tavolk> "theres still three A's there"
[21:43] <Dergimil> "List's a list, and even if they're at the bottom they're still a PART of the triple A.
[21:43] <@Spiritcurse> Myra chuckles. "Don't worry. I've not lost track of the chip. He's staying in a pod hotel nearby."
[21:44] <Dorian> "How hard will it be to get pulled?"
[21:44] <Dergimil> "Mate, do you KNOW how much explosives we have back here? Just put your foot down."
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> "Not too difficult. I can have it for you within the hour."
[21:45] <Dergimil> "Too slow, you're not leaving my sight until this crap is dealt with."
[21:46] <Codex> I change the outsode of the van to appear as a delivery van from the outside.
[21:46] <@Spiritcurse> "Right, want to get moving there now?"
[21:47] <Dorian> "Just give me directions."
[21:47] <tavolk> I let "Sif" out the back doors and patch her camera through to Pen "That may be useful"
[21:47] <Codex> I take over Sif and keep a look out, while actively attempting to keep us hidden on the matrix.
[21:48] <@Spiritcurse> "He's in Hemshire Gardens, a shitty little hotel not too far from here. Not heard anything from him since he went there though, but he knows not to leave town."
[21:49] <Dergimil> "Slam it, driver."
[21:50] <Dorian> I grin, "Fasten your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen, we're in for a bumpy ride." I then proceed to short shift to the top gear and gun the accellerator.
[21:51] <@Spiritcurse> You drive to Hemshire Gardens. It is, as foretold, a shitty little pod hotel. Two people are stood by the entrance, idly chatting. They turn to look at you as you approach.
[21:52] <tavolk> "Three go in, me and Pen provide overwatch?"
[21:52] <Dergimil> I bust out the door, dragging Myra out with me "Move, let's go."
[21:53] <Dorian> I jump out, "Fuck it, time to go fast."
[21:53] <@Spiritcurse> As you walk towards the front door, the two men move to block your path. They stand in front of the door, arms by their sides, oddly silent.
[21:54] <Dergimil> "Do I look in the fucking mood to be bodyblocked by two punks with plastic pistols? Get out of my way."
[21:54] <GC> I remain in the van to protect the squishies.
[21:54] <@Spiritcurse> One man cocks his head and says in a monotone "You're not allowed in."
[21:54] <Dergimil> "Oh? And why's that huh?"
[21:55] <@Spiritcurse> "The Master is teaching a lesson. He's asked not to be disturbed" comes his reply, in the same monotone.
[21:55] <Dergimil> "Do you even fucking know who I am? Do you know who I'm dragging in FOR the Master?"
[21:56] <@Spiritcurse> "He's asked not to be disturbed."
[21:59] <Dergimil> "How about this, you make me wait out here, then when the Master is finished he comes out to find you two body blocking one of his higher ranking members who has CAPTURED one of the most notorious felons to endanger the Master on these streets, then he skins you alive and wears your skin as a coat when he's on holiday, how does that sound?"
[22:00] <@Spiritcurse> The man looks puzzled, and you think you see his eyes flicker somewhat. "You... you should go in. See the Master."
[22:00] <Dergimil> "I fucking think so too, you're lucky I don't know your names."
[22:00] <Dergimil> I walk through, pulling Myra along with me.
[22:01] <Dorian> I follow, glancing from one man to the other.
[22:01] <Codex> I get in the van find my rifle, before pulling up the vision of everyone with cybereyes or helmets or whatever in the party.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> Inside, you see much the same thing. A reception desk with a vacant-looking receptionist, chairs, and a couple of vending machines. The receptionist moves to speak, then her eyes seem to flicker. "You're here to take the Master's chip, aren't you?"
[22:03] <Codex> I attempt to access the hotel's node, if it has one.
[22:03] <Dergimil> "No, we're here to give the Master handjobs, OF COURSE WE'RE HERE FOR THE CHIP."
[22:03] <Dorian> "ohshit"
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> "You can't have it. The Master needs it."
[22:04] <Dergimil> Glares at Shen "Don't talk.."
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> The hotel's node has a simple checking in system, but other than that, not very much.
[22:04] <tavolk> I begin rearming the drones in the van and line them up ready for takeoff.
[22:04] <Dergimil> "Did you hear what I told the muscle outside? Do you want to get skinned?"
[22:05] <@Spiritcurse> "You don't understand. He's seen things. Wonderful things. He can share them with you too."
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> The admin section of the node contains admin records of all the staff and guests, although it seems that nobody's updated the records in some time.
[22:07] <Dergimil> He leans forward, lowering his voice "Show me how to get to the master, this is the last time I ask, I swear to you I will make you regret it if you say no."
[22:07] <@Spiritcurse> The CCTV systems are in each corridor and a couple overlooking the entrance. There's no elevator, and you see very few people in the corridors.
[22:07] <@Spiritcurse> "You just need to open your eyes. You'll see him. Or he'll see you."
[22:08] <Dergimil> "MY FUCKING NUTS YOU DISOBEY ME." He reaches in for his gun.
[22:08] <Codex> Knowing the records haven't been updated for a while, I check the latest few anyway.
[22:08] <Dorian> I send Pen a message: "Where is this fuck? I need to punch someone."
[22:09] <Codex> I reply: "On it,"
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> Her eyes flicker, and in a normal voice she stutters "He- help me. Yo-you need to st-stop him" before returning to the monotone. "Just Look. You'll find him."
[22:09] <Codex> "Dean, scout the windows or something."
[22:09] <tavolk> I have Sif circle the building peeking in windows.
[22:09] <Dergimil> "Hocus Pocus, look for the damned stairs."
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> The last record shows a man checking in that matches the description of the chipped person you "liberated". Then, no further records.
[22:10] <tavolk> I provide Martin the feed from the camera "keep a lookout"
[22:10] <@Spiritcurse> Every person you see in the rooms is either talking, or sitting still, staring into the middle distance. None seem armed.
[22:10] <Codex> I take the room number of the liberated man and pass it to Shen and Dean. "Check that room."
[22:11] <tavolk> I move Sif to the room with the liberated man inside.
[22:12] <@Spiritcurse> Inside, the chipped man is stood on a table, gesturing and chanting with several other people. They all share the same vacant expression.
[22:12] <Dorian> I run towards the room, on my guard as I go.
[22:13] <Dergimil> "Where the fuck are you going?" Pushing Myra into the same direction, I follow after him.
[22:13] <tavolk> I message Shen "Ask Myra if we can count this guy as hostile now."
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> You encounter only a few people in the corridors, but they each turn to you as you go past them.
[22:14] <@Spiritcurse> Soon enough, you stand before the door of the man. Several people are gathered around you, each staring blankly.
[22:14] <Dorian> I send a message back to Dean, "Fuck asking, he's going down."
[22:14] <Dergimil> I bust into the fucking door.
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> The door, being unlocked, slams open.
[22:15] <Dorian> I focus my Wizardly Kung Fu powers and charge the chipped dude.
[22:15] <tavolk> I open the van and launch two drones "David" and "Goliath" and send them up to the room.
[22:15] <Dergimil> "Alright you son of a bitch, give me the damned chip before I ge-
[22:16] <Dergimil> "GOD DAMN IT HOCUS POCUS."
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> "You've come for the chip. You don't understand. It's so much more than technology. It-". His grandiose speech is then cut off by a small Asian punching through his ribcage.
[22:18] <GC> Seeing the event's transpire through my robo-eyes a wide grin speads across my face and I nod my head approvingly
[22:18] <Dorian> "No."
[22:18] <Dergimil> "Crawl around in there see if you can find the fucking chip."
[22:19] <tavolk> "finish him" I mutter
[22:19] <Dorian> I rearrange my hand and punch upwards to rip the chip out of his skull the hard way.
[22:20] <@Spiritcurse> The various other people in the room seem to snap out of their trance. Most of them scream as you pull a bloodied chip from the remains of their leader.
[22:21] <Dorian> "Got the chip."
[22:21] <Codex> "This is gunna get me so many views online..."
[22:22] <Dergimil> "Good, let's fuck off outta here." He continues to drag Myra with him, out of the building.
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm quite capable of walking, you know?"
[22:22] <Dergimil> "Shut up."
[22:23] <@Spiritcurse> "Rude."
[22:23] <tavolk> I bring the two drones back down and into the van "Looks like I wasn't needed"
[22:23] <Dorian> I smile for the camera before wiping my arm off on some random bystander and leave
[22:23] <Dergimil> "Before I get hocus pocus to do the same to you."
[22:25] <Dorian> "You've got augs, wouldn't work." I say, as I climb into the van
[22:25] <Codex> I turn on the van and climb into the back again. "Seriously, can any of you guys edit videos? This is going to get me so much money."
[22:25] <Dergimil> Pushing Myra into the van, I clamber in and slap the door. "Get us outta here, NOW."
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> "Right, I'll get this chip where it needs to be. And as for you guys, pass me a credstick each. I've got some transfers to make."
[22:26] <tavolk> "I can" I send Pen the file "Store this somewhere"
[22:26] <Dergimil> "No."
[22:26] <Codex> "No?"
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> "No?"
[22:26] <Dergimil> "You're filling up our credsticks, THEN we're taking you there, we're giving them the chip AND you, and finding a new Johnson."
[22:26] <Dorian> I slap Jack, "Shut up."
[22:27] <Dorian> I turn to Myra, "Money now WOULD be nice, though."
[22:27] <Codex> "We don't need that drek, we're being given money and we can escape now." I pull a credstick from my wallet.
[22:27] <tavolk> I shoot Jack a "shut up we don't do that" look
[22:27] <Dergimil> "She put me on a fucking list, I swear to the all mighty if you do that again you'll be following her."
[22:27] <@Spiritcurse> "Alright. Hand me the chip, I'll get you all paid. And look, it won't happen again."
[22:28] <GC> I hand her my credstick.
[22:28] <Dorian> I hand over a Credstick, "Thanks."
[22:28] <tavolk> "Thanks for the job, Myra" I hand her a credstick "Though a drone of mine did die in the line of duty, would you put to a small fund in his honour?"
[22:29] <@Spiritcurse> She pays 7000 credits to each of you. "Tell you what. Keep the rest of the explosives."
[22:29] <Dergimil> "No."
[22:29] <Dorian> I slap Jack again.
[22:29] <tavolk> "Jack, we're keeping them"
[22:29] <Dergimil> "We know we're keeping the explo-"
[22:29] <GC> "It's my van and they are my explosives. They stay".
[22:29] <Dergimil> I open the vans back doors, grabbing onto Shen's coat.
[22:30] <Dorian> "Don't try it, I'm still strong enough to break you like a porceline vase."
[22:31] <Dergimil> Let's go of Shen, slamming the van doors back and sat down.
[22:31] <Codex> I close the doors and sit back down. "We're trying to NOT grab attention."
[22:32] <Dorian> "Myra, can you keep us off Horizon's radar?"
[22:33] <@Spiritcurse> "Easily, don't worry. I can make them forget about you."
[22:33] <tavolk> "My thanks darling" I flash her a smile and turn back to my drones
[22:33] <Codex> "T-thank you.
[22:33] <Dorian> "Thanks." I hand her the chip, making sure to keep one eye on the road.
[22:34] <@Spiritcurse> She pockets the chip deftly. "Now. Time for noodles?"
[22:34] <Dorian> "Of course. Skull crushing gives me an appetite."
[22:34] <GC> "Well Ladies and gentlemen, I do think this calls for celebration, who wants some CEO wine. Freshly procured" I say with a wink and a grin as I produce the bottle of rich man swag wine.
[22:34] <Codex> "Noodles."
[22:36] <Dergimil> Leans back in his seat, crossing his legs and hands and begins to brood.
[22:37] <Dorian> I turn the corner and pull to a stop outside a Noodles-to-go bar. "We grab some of these, grab a few glasses and head out to the park. Sound good?"
[22:37] <tavolk> "Actually, that sounds good."
[22:37] <GC> "Sounds fantastic".
[22:38] <Dergimil> "I still vote to go to Horizon and give them the chip and Myra."
[22:38] <Dorian> "Brilliant. And you, sir, got outvoted. Deal with it and have some noodles."
[22:38] <Dergimil> "Bugger your noodles and bugger you, I will have some wine though."
[22:39] <Codex> "I bet you'd love to bugger them."
[22:39] <Codex> "Hue hue."
[22:39] <Dergimil> "Shut it."
[22:39] <GC> "Nobody can deny the opportunity to have some CEO wine" I grin as I un cork the bottle.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 pm

[20:34] <@Spiritcurse> Last time, on Shadowrun, you recaptured an experimental chip from a cult leader, and then, without even thinking to check what it did, handed it back to a shady megacorp for the vauge promise of future payment, or at least not death. Now, you're stood outside a bar, with no job, no current assailants, and a blood alcohol level far below the desired state.
[20:35] <Codex> "Anyone know the scene here?"
[20:36] <Tavolk> "Honestly I don't get out much"
[20:36] <Dergimil> "Yeah, I think so, maybe, uh..... probably not."
[20:36] <Dorian> "I know a bit, but just general stuff."
[20:36] <Dergimil> "Maybe."
[20:36] <Dorian> "Shush, you."
[20:37] <@Spiritcurse> In the distance, you begin to hear very faint gunfire and Lone Star sirens.
[20:37] <Codex> "Iiiiiiin to the bar!"
[20:37] <Codex> "Let's go, come on, move along fellas."
[20:37] <@Spiritcurse> The noises grow louder and louder - clearly coming in your direction.
[20:38] <Dorian> I turn around and go back into the bar, moving to buy a drink.
[20:38] <Tavolk> I drop sif to the ground and sprint to the bar.
[20:38] <Tavolk> I send her up circling the area
[20:38] <Dergimil> "Hey guys the party's started without us, let's get stuck in!"
[20:38] <Codex> I follow Shen, pulling out an damn near empty wallet. I grumble. "Spot me some Shen?"
[20:39] <@Spiritcurse> There's some sort of armed chase heading this way - a truck and three Lone Star cruisers, all packing some heavy firepower. They're a couple of blocks away.
[20:40] <@Spiritcurse> The bar is a small, fairly dingy affair. Two orcs are stood playing darts, while a human barmaid idly wipes the counter. A few other customers sit around, trying not to be noticed.
[20:41] <Codex> I choose a table and sit down, pulling out my cyberdeck. "I'll wait for you guys."
[20:41] <GC> I walk straight to the bar, pay for my standard "3 bottles of whiskey." and begin downing one of them immediately.
[20:41] <Dorian> I pour Pen a double of brandy and send it his way before downing mine and prepare to jump on the truck.
[20:41] <Tavolk> "Seems to be a chase heading this way. Three cruisers, lone star, and an unmarked truck" I stay behind a table and patch a feed into everyones HUD
[20:42] <@Spiritcurse> Your drone sees the chase take a turn - a tire bursts on the truck, sending it careering across the road. The driver just about retains control.
[20:42] <Dergimil> I follow techboy inside the bar, sitting right next to him "Two brews for me and my technologically knowledged friend, barkeep!".
[20:42] <@Spiritcurse> Network-wise, you see that each person in the bar has a commlink, a couple of laptops, and the bar's node itself, customised to allow for ordering drinks.
[20:43] <Tavolk> Next to me Avery.J and Goliath whir to life. "Trucks crashed one block out cruisers are closing on it" i send the drones outside and up into the air preparing to support us.
[20:43] <@Spiritcurse> The barmaid nods and begins serving various drinks. "You anything to do with that chase?"
[20:43] <Dorian> "Give it a second."
[20:43] <Tavolk> "Might do ma'am"
[20:43] <Tavolk> I give her a wink
[20:43] <Dergimil> "Not a clue what that's about, neither do I care, thanks for the brew girly."
[20:44] <Dergimil> "Oh, if you spot any folks searching for workers, give me a bell would'cha?"
[20:47] <GC> I relax back in my seat, a bottle in one hand, a cigarette in the other, watching in amusement as the chase unfolds.
[20:49] <Codex> I pull up the video feed from the drones and begin to watch on my deck.
[20:50] <@Spiritcurse> Your drone sees the driver take a shot to the chest. He collapses, sending the truck straight into a wall. The Lone Star cruisers pull up among the wreckage, and a couple of people get out.
[20:51] <Tavolk> "Truck has crashed, driver dead" I turn to Pen and Shen "engage?"
[20:51] <@Spiritcurse> The truck bursts into flames, and the surviving passenger gets out, her hands behind her head.
[20:52] <Dorian> "Sure, why not?" I sigh, and head out
[20:52] <Qualix> I walk over the group at the bar upon hearing thigs unfold "What driver is dead?"
[20:52] <GC> "Why ruin the fun, this is hilarious!" I lean back and laugh.
[20:53] <Tavolk> I bring Nissan and David whirring into action "Outside. Lone Stars forced a truck off the road"
[20:53] <GC> "The guy being chased by the loanstar. You have a comlink? course you do, Pen could you patch him in for us?"
[20:53] <Codex> "I'm staying in here. Tell if you need something."
[20:53] <@Spiritcurse> The Lone Star draw weapons and point them at the woman. She kneels down, clearly surrendering.
[20:54] <Tavolk> "Pen, grab any cameras nearbye keep us informed of anything you see, and lets own that commlink"
[20:54] <GC> I look to the elf. "Wanna see it up close?"
[20:55] <Codex> "N-name?" I address the new elf, pulling up the relevant commlink.
[20:56] <Qualix> "I'm Scrawn, and Only if there are flames involved"
[20:56] <Dorian> I take a running stance just off behind the Lone Star officers. I boot up my comlink, "Get ready."
[20:57] <GC> "Then you are in luck!" I grin, toss a bottle to the elf and guide him outside.
[20:57] <Codex> I add Scrawn into my node and continue watching the show, preparing to get any camera access I can.
[20:57] <Tavolk> "Pen theres a commlink on the woman outside, we need to own it, everyone else get into position, rooftops please people"
[20:57] <Dergimil> I begin sipping on my brew, slouching back in his chair and resting his feet on on the table "So techy, what do you do when you're not hiding in the backs of vans fingering a metal board?
[20:59] <@Spiritcurse> One of the Lone Star walks towards the truck and checks to see if the driver's dead. He takes the simple method - by putting a bullet between the eyes.
[20:59] <Codex> "I'm not going out there when they have guns."
[20:59] <Dergimil> "But you didn't answer my question pal, well?"
[20:59] <Codex> "Woah."
[21:00] <Codex> I nod to Jack. "I'll help."
[21:00] <GC> "HA!"
[21:00] <Codex> I pause for a moment. "I don't think I really DO anything else to be honest."
[21:01] <Dergimil> "Well ok then." he rolls his eyes, then returns his gaze to his brew, taking a few more sips.
[21:02] <@Spiritcurse> After a brief radio communication, a couple of Lone Star get back in their cars. One moves to handcuff their prisoner, while the other three keep their guns trained on the woman.
[21:03] <Codex> Using AR, I mark any Loanstar outside at the moment for easier targetting and tracking.
[21:03] <Tavolk> I send every drone hurtling in at once, Flight of the Valkaries blaring through inbuilt speakers. "If you're helping now is the time"
[21:04] <Dorian> I charge at the closest of the Lone Star, my fists flying and the shock gloves on.
[21:04] <Codex> I mutter to Jack. "I think they're trying to spring a prisoner." I shift my screen to be in view of Jack.
[21:06] <@Spiritcurse> Your sudden and unprovoked attack catches the Lone Star by surprise. He staggers backwards.
[21:06] <Dergimil> Looks over at the screen, squinting through his helmet "Really? I thought we were here to make money not save damsels." He shrugs.
[21:06] <Tavolk> I glance back "Damsels are treasure too lad" I give him a quick wink
[21:06] <Codex> I shrug. "If it gets messy, we're faster than them and I'm sure we can scramble any recording devices they have."
[21:07] <Dergimil> "How much they go for then?"
[21:07] <Tavolk> "Not, what I meant"
[21:07] <Dergimil> "If things get messy, I don't know you, safest bet to make I reckon."
[21:07] <Codex> I stiffle a laugh.
[21:08] <GC> Seeing the guards suprise a wide grin spreads across my face and I drink some more of the bottle. I turn to the elf "Drink up little man, this is going to be fun".
[21:08] <Dergimil> "Well if you're not gonna flog'er, you're in it for the lay. Tsk tsk."
[21:09] <Qualix> "I've never seen anything quite like this before" and sip at the drink in hand
[21:11] <@Spiritcurse> Under the onslaught of drone weaponry, two Lone Star collapse to the ground, bleeding profusely.
[21:12] <Dergimil> "Oh boy here we go, this should be fun when they roll out the special forces."
[21:12] <Dergimil> "Barmaid, a few more bottles of your finest piss water, we've got entertainment to watch!"
[21:14] <Dorian> I take another swing at the one I hit before, more lightning lightning-ing my attack.
[21:14] <Codex> "I think we're going to need new SINs."
[21:14] <Dorian> The lightning knocks the dude out, and I instantly move to the next one.
[21:15] <Dorian> This dude topples like a log as well, going out like a light.
[21:17] <Dergimil> "Well that's annoying."
[21:19] <Tavolk> I spin my drones around and send them at the remaining Lone Star car gunning for the wheels. All of them get shot out leaving the cars inhabitants stranded. "Pen, their raido, kill it for us?"
[21:21] <Codex> "Already on it." I say, as their radio systems begin to blare crude Orc rap.
[21:21] <Codex> "I don't even listen to rap." I giggle.
[21:23] <@Spiritcurse> The two police, seeing their escape ruined, draw pistols and fire at the adept. One bullet glances them.
[21:25] <Dorian> I snarl and launch myself at the officer that hit me, ripping at his face with my bare hands.
[21:27] <Codex> "Aaah."
[21:28] <Dorian> My fist flies through the windshield, the man's face and the head rest behind it.
[21:28] <Dergimil> "Woah, deja vu."
[21:28] <GC> I raise my eyebrow "Uuuuhhh...wow". I down some more of the whiskey bottle.
[21:28] <Tavolk> "FUCK ME THAT GIRL CAN PUNCH"
[21:29] <Qualix> "I honestly cannot believe my eyes"
[21:29] <Codex> "The internet is going to fucking love this."
[21:30] <Tavolk> David circles the car and fires into the remaining officers chest
[21:31] <GC> I turn to the elf "I...I think she is mad" i turn back to the screaming madwoman "Damn".
[21:31] <@Spiritcurse> The bullet sinks into his chest, and he collapses in his seat.
[21:32] <Dergimil> "I've got to say, this trail of destruction, death, and windshield fisting was entirely worth freeing a prisoner whom we don't have a clue about."
[21:32] <Codex> "That was fucking rude." I broadcast to the group.
[21:32] <Dorian> I pull my fist out of the chair and sigh. I then sigh and fall over unconcious
[21:33] <Tavolk> I move David over to our now rescued woman "You okay Ma'am?" And move to the back of the van "Someone pick up Shen please"
[21:33] <@Spiritcurse> "I... I've been better."
[21:33] <GC> I sigh, toss the remaining bottle to the elf. Walk over to the madwoman and haul her over my shoulder and bring her back to the bar.
[21:34] <Tavolk> "These your friends?"
[21:34] <GC> As I enter the bar I say to the elf, "You may want to come inside".
[21:34] <Codex> "Martin, would you do that while I get rid of any footage?"
[21:34] <Qualix> Catching the bottle, I follow on
[21:34] <Codex> "Oh, you're here."
[21:35] <@Spiritcurse> The rescued woman heads inside the bar with you. "I'm Launa. Launa Reeves. Who do I have to thank for my rescue?"
[21:35] <Codex> "Blame her." I point to the decker sat next to me.
[21:35] <Codex> Rigger*
[21:36] <Tavolk> "Dean here, why were they after you?"
[21:36] <@Spiritcurse> "We saw too much."
[21:37] <Tavolk> "too much of what?"
[21:37] <Dergimil> "Lass, you better have been worth it or so help me I will do something bad to you."
[21:37] <GC> I sit shen down at the bar and begin wafting a bottle of whiskey under her nose "come on now, time to wake up".
[21:37] <@Spiritcurse> "Me an' Simon, we are - were - thieves. We were trying to steal an amulet from some mages. They spotted us and called the cops, and cast some wierd spells on us."
[21:38] <Codex> "Shouldn't we get her to a Doc?"
[21:38] <Dergimil> "No."
[21:39] <Dergimil> "She'll be fine, probably."
[21:39] <Codex> I groan, picking up my deck. "I'll be right back."
[21:39] <Tavolk> "No, we really should"
[21:39] <GC> "Well, whiskey usually works. This must be serious". A concerned look spreading across my face.
[21:39] <Codex> I step into the toilets.
[21:41] <@Spiritcurse> Dixie answers the commlink almost instantly. "Yo, whatcha' need?"
[21:42] <Codex> "I've got a friend here who's tip toeing the edge here, an Adept. Can we bring her to you?"
[21:42] <@Spiritcurse> "O'course ya can, my man. Just bring 'er down, I'll patch 'er up."
[21:44] <Codex> "Sweet, we're on our way. I don't know how hot we're gunna get on the way, know anyone who can help with that?"
[21:44] <Codex> I step out of the toilets and motion to the party to follow.
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> "Don't ya worry about that. I'll keep the heat off ya."
[21:45] <Qualix> "This is the most serious shit i've seen go down in a long time, I really need to see how this unfolds, i'm coming with"
[21:45] <Codex> "Sweet, See you soon."
[21:45] <Dergimil> Finishes his brew and follows.
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> "Ciao!"
[21:45] <GC> "Hell, you got my vote, even if it is just to annoy Pen".
[21:45] <Codex> "Then there's no time to explain where we're going." I cancel the call. "Get in the van. Dean, get in the front."
[21:46] <GC> "Scrawn, go and open the van up would you". I then begin walking out the door to my van.
[21:47] <Qualix> "Well since you asked so nicely" I do as required
[21:48] <Codex> I get into the van and set up my deck to show the directions to the Doc.
[21:48] <Tavolk> I jump into the front and send the drones into the back "Somene pack them up will you. "Pen where we heading?"
[21:48] <Codex> "Here." I point.
[21:48] <Tavolk> "Beautiful, everyone in?"
[21:48] <Dergimil> I also enter the vehicle.
[21:48] <@Spiritcurse> Dixie isn't far away. Which is probably a good thing, considering the whole dying-adept thing.
[21:48] <GC> I close the back doors to the van and continue tending to Shen.
[21:49] <Tavolk> "Hold on" I floor it
[21:49] <@Spiritcurse> Launa follows you. "Mind if I come along? I... I'm not feeling too good."
[21:49] <Dergimil> "No, you already caused enough trouble today as is."
[21:49] <Tavolk> Breakign quickly I pop the side door "get in"
[21:50] <@Spiritcurse> She leaps inside.
[21:50] <Codex> "Be quick though, I don't think I can afford the pair of you."
[21:50] <Tavolk> flooring it again we head off on our journey
[21:51] <@Spiritcurse> You reach Dixie's in minutes. He's a healer, of sorts. "Dixie Docs" is emblazoned above the door in flamboyant neon lighting.
[21:52] <Codex> "Martin, can you pick her up?"
[21:52] <Codex> I throw open the doors of the van as I pick up my deck. "Let's go."
[21:53] <GC> "Got it" I haul Shen up and carry her towards the door.
[21:53] <@Spiritcurse> Dixie meets you at the entrance. "Ah, so this is yer little adept friend, no? Come on in."
[21:53] <Dergimil> "I'm staying here, this business isn't my business so you can get on with your business by yourselves."
[21:53] <Tavolk> I I crack the window and grab the drone case containing David and Goliath
[21:53] <Tavolk> "Lets go"
[21:54] <@Spiritcurse> The inside of the doctors is an eclectic mix of high tech medical gear, and ritualistic shaman gear. Grotesque masks and feathers adorn the walls, and surgical equipment lies strewn on a counter. "Just lay 'er on the bed, we'll 'ave her fixed in no time."
[21:55] <GC> I carry Shen in and lay her carefully on the bed before stepping back and striking another light.
[21:55] <Tavolk> "Thanks doc"
[21:56] <Codex> "Aye, thanks." I look around. "This place hasn't changed much."
[21:56] <@Spiritcurse> "No worries, lads. Ya like me new masks?"
[21:58] <Codex> "They're very uh..." I survey the grotesque masks on the nearest wall. "They leave me without words."
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> "Ah, I knew ye'd say that! Now, about this... the girl. She's got the smell o' bad juju on 'er, don't she?" He points at Launa.
[21:59] <Tavolk> "Huh, yeah she had a tangle with some wizards, know whats wrong with her?"
[22:01] <@Spiritcurse> "She got somethin' bad inside 'er. A demon, if ye'd belive me."
[22:01] <Codex> "Oh yeah she did say that she had a spe--" I stiffle myself. "You what mate?"
[22:01] <Qualix> "Is she like possessed or some shit?"
[22:01] <Tavolk> My hand drops to my gun "dangerous?"
[22:02] <Tavolk> I kick the drone case open with my left foot. David twitches slightly
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> "Aye, there's somethin' bad in there. Could be dangerous." He turns back to Shen, murmuring a quick healing spell.
[22:02] <Dergimil> "Wait did I just hear possessed and demons? Does 'I told you so' even fit in this damned point of time? KILL HER!"
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> Launa looks terrified, visibly shaking with fear.
[22:03] <Tavolk> "Not till we know more. Calm down lass I won't let them do anything. Now listen tell the doc here exactly what happened."
[22:03] <Qualix> "Aww look she's cold! I think I have a blanky somewhere"
[22:03] <Codex> "I'm sure that's not needed, there'll be a perfectly reasonable explanation."
[22:03] <Dorian> I blink and groan, sitting up. "The hell are we?"
[22:04] <Codex> "Care to Explain, Launa?" I turn to her.
[22:04] <@Spiritcurse> She explains, still clearly scared. "Simon and I were sneaking up on these mages, and they're all chanting. One of them spots us, points at me, and suddenly, I feel dizzy. We leg it, I collapse. Next thing I know, we're crashing into a wall."
[22:05] <Tavolk> "What about that amulet you mentioned?"
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> "One of the mages was wearing it. We were being paid to steal it."
[22:06] <Tavolk> "Know what it did?"
[22:07] <@Spiritcurse> "Something about controlling, I know that much. Some Horizon exec wanted it for some research project he was doing."
[22:08] <Codex> "Do you reckon our friend here could see that amulet?" I gesture to Dixie.
[22:08] <@Spiritcurse> "We didn't manage to grab it."
[22:09] <Dorian> "Think we did something about that Horizon thing."
[22:10] <Dergimil> I unlock the van and enter the building.
[22:10] <Qualix> "Do you know why this amulet is so special?"
[22:11] <@Spiritcurse> "No, not really. Just that we're being paid a lot of money for it."
[22:12] <Dergimil> "Alright so what's all the hassle then?"
[22:12] <Codex> "Dixie, I know you're busy but uh, What would you suggest we do about this bad juju?"
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Ye've got two ways o' handling it. Well, three. Ye could get the wizard who did it to undo 'is juju. Or ye could kill her. Or... I suppose there's a third way."
[22:13] <Tavolk> "Third?"
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Ye... ye can go into her mind an' kick the bastard out that way." He tilts his head back and lets loose a cackle. Dixie always loved drama.
[22:14] <Tavolk> "Is there any way to keep it subdued if we hunt down this wizard?"
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Aye, I can keep it quiet for a bit. Not too long, ye mind."
[22:15] <Dorian> "Wait. Metaplanar travel?"
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> "As good as, aye."
[22:15] <Dorian> "Right, we're done here."
[22:16] <Tavolk> "Huh?"
[22:16] <Dergimil> "Done? What's up?"
[22:16] <Dorian> "The Metaplanes are dangerous. VERY dangerous. Like, literally Biblical Hell dangerous."
[22:16] <Codex> "I'm sure we could just geek a mage easily enough." I sheepishly respond.
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> "It's only the lassie's mind. Not that bad, ye dig?"
[22:17] <Codex> "Do we have to make him undo it or could we just geek him?"
[22:17] <Codex> "Oh"
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> "His death should be the undoin' of 'is spells."
[22:17] <Dergimil> "I mean, I'm not complaining as long as our next stop is a job, but what's this talk of metaplanes?"
[22:17] <Tavolk> "I still vote wizard. Theres an amulet in it if we find him"
[22:18] <Dorian> I smile and take out a Talisman I took off someone's corpse, "Could we store the demon in this?"
[22:18] <@Spiritcurse> "Ye could kick the shit outta it, and I can put it inna talisman, ye."
[22:19] <Tavolk> My eyes show an ambitious glint "I'm in"
[22:19] <Dorian> "Yes. Heal me up, magic man, and you get a cut when we pawn this thing off."
[22:20] <@Spiritcurse> "Aye, I like the sound o' that." He casts a few more healing spells.
[22:21] <Codex> "How do we get into her head then to kick it?
[22:22] <Codex> I turn to the girl. "Are you even ok with us doing that?"
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> "Just eat this powder, mon." He picks up a bag of power from a shelf.
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> And by power, the narrator means powder.
[22:23] <GC> "Fine then lefts get this over with" I grab a handful of the powder, and sit on the floor, crossed legs waiting for the others to prepare, "I'll be damned if I go first".
[22:23] <Dergimil> "Well, my day is just going from bad to worse, I'm going back to the van." He then walks back to the van.
[22:24] <Dorian> I grab Jack by the back of the collar, "Come on, get into the crazy chick's head."
[22:24] <Tavolk> I set David and Goliath to protect the room and activate Nissan and Avery. I hand the Doc a button. "If anything goes wrong on this end hit this, the dones will do what they can. You get us awak asap, deal?"
[22:24] <Codex> "I-Is this good for us?" I say, putting a hand out for the bag.
[22:24] <@Spiritcurse> "It's as good as any powder a voodoo mage gives ya', lad."
[22:25] <Dorian> I then grab some of the powder, "We good for porjection, or would full travel be better?"
[22:25] <Tavolk> Dean chuckles "the good stuff then" and take some powder, "See you on the other side"
[22:25] <@Spiritcurse> "We gonna project ya, matey."
[22:25] <@Spiritcurse> Seconds after eating the powder, you collapse to the floor.
[22:26] <Dorian> I shove some powder into Jack's mouth and have some myself
[22:26] <GC> I down the powder with the remaining whiskey.
[22:26] <Codex> "Oh boy." I take a handfull of powder and eat it, collapsing."
[22:27] <@Spiritcurse> The rest of you collapse after taking the powder, into a rather interesting dream.
[22:27] <Qualix> I feel like it's my duty to see where the powder takes me and excitedly take it
[22:30] <@Spiritcurse> You wake up in what could be a perfectly natural hilltop, were it not for the machinery. Your backs are all resting on a giant metal tree, and a river made of brass cogs rotate with a quiet tinkling. Grass like chrome knives juts from the hillside, and a gentle wind drifts over you. Despite the lack of a sun or stars, the enviroment is pleasantly well lit.
[22:31] <Codex> I stir and sit up. "Th-this is beautiful."
[22:32] <Dergimil> "Don't EVER force feed me crazy voodoo shaman dust again, you damned idiot."
[22:32] <Tavolk> "I.. I love this"
[22:32] <Qualix> "This could be the best thing I've ever taken"
[22:33] <Dorian> I sit up and flex off, "Goddamn, I'm not glad to be back."
[22:33] <GC> "I... feel... less drunk. I don't like this".
[22:33] <Tavolk> "This is rather refreshing"
[22:33] <@Spiritcurse> In the distance, across the "river", you see a city - a collection of massive blocks of chrome and glass rise from the ground.
[22:34] <@Spiritcurse> More of the metal trees are in the opposite direction, an entire metallic forest.
[22:35] <Codex> "Let's go see that city."
[22:35] <Tavolk> "Sounds good to me"
[22:36] <@Spiritcurse> As you walk, the "grass" curves away from you, automatically flattening itself beneath your feet. You reach the "river" very quickly - seemingly much faster than you would normally be able to cross so much ground.
[22:37] <Dorian> "Right. We should be able to jump this thing, should be a breeze. Gravity doesn't actually exist here, remember."
[22:38] <@Spiritcurse> The river is much further than you'd be able to jump, at least back on Earth. Black oil flows beneath the brass cogs, which continue to rotate, seemingly faster while being looked at.
[22:38] <Dergimil> "Then how do you fall once you've jumped?"
[22:38] <Tavolk> "Okay..." I attempt the jump
[22:38] <Dorian> "Don't think about it."
[22:38] <Dergimil> "This place is trippy as it is let alone floating into space."
[22:38] <Codex> I attempt to dip the tip of my foot in the oil.
[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> The oil flows up your body, reaching around your kneee before retreating back into the river.
[22:40] <Codex> I back the fuck up.
[22:40] <Dorian> I take a few steps back before running at the river and jumping.
[22:40] <Codex> "Ahaha, no."
[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> You both manage to jump, landing just on the other riverbank. Once more, the grass bends away from your feet.
[22:41] <Dergimil> "But that isn't how oil works!!"
[22:41] <Codex> "It is in her world."
[22:41] <Qualix> I take after Shen and try to jump to the river
[22:42] <@Spiritcurse> Everybody else manages to jump, with varying degrees of grace. You feel an acute sensation of being watched.
[22:42] <Tavolk> "feel that? Kinda spooky"
[22:43] <Qualix> "I really feel at home in this female's mind"
[22:44] <Dorian> "Yeah... let's keep going." I keep heading for the city.
[22:44] <Dergimil> "I'm surprised this place isn't more barren and full of evil."
[22:44] <@Spiritcurse> Some of the oil flows out of the river, and is shortly followed by a handful of small cogs. They roll together towards you, forming a crude representation of an eye. It rolls after you.
[22:44] <Tavolk> "oh my"
[22:44] <Dorian> "Yeah, Heaven is exactly as Metaplane as Hell. Also, ignore the eye thing, it's probably not a threat."
[22:45] <Tavolk> "oh? What is it?"
[22:45] <Codex> "I'll be keeping fucking close to you then." I follow Shen closely.
[22:46] <@Spiritcurse> You walk further towards the city. You see a small grove of the metal trees off to the left, and what seems to be a field of crops to the right. In keeping with the theme of this world, it seems to be made of chrome and brass, rivets and pipes rather than leaves and stems.
[22:46] <Dorian> "Not a clue, but forms are based on concept in Metaplanes. If it doesn't look scare as shit, it probably isn't."
[22:46] <Tavolk> "That... oddly makes sense"
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> You see a few more of the eyes roll towards you. They leak the strange black oil, and flatten the grass before them, rather than it moving aside as it does for you.
[22:48] <Dorian> "Hmm... that doesn't bode well."
[22:48] <Codex> "I think I'm having a terrible, terrible trip."
[22:48] <Codex> "Shall we run?"
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> You notice that the wind has stopped now, and a few stars have come out. It seems darker.
[22:49] <Tavolk> "it'll be fine, stay steady."
[22:49] <Dorian> "Right, then." I begin to focus on the magic inherent in the world, and that within me, whilst practicing my kata.
[22:50] <GC> I keep my hands close to my holsters, one near my heavy gun, the other near a frag grenade.
[22:51] <Dorian> Having focused, I turn and continue moving towards the city, keeping an eye on the oil eye things.
[22:51] <@Spiritcurse> The eyes roll alongside you, keeping about one metre away at all times. The stars also seem to grow - rather than pinpricks, they seem more like... more like irises.
[22:52] <@Spiritcurse> You reach the city quickly - again, much faster than you'd have thought you could cross that distance. The huge towers of chrome and glass stretch towards the sky, and the grass gives way to brass and bronze paving slabs.
[22:53] <Tavolk> "Shen, if we need to, how do we get out of here?"
[22:53] <Codex> "Oh, that's a good question."
[22:53] <@Spiritcurse> You see graffiti on the walls of the buildings. As a polar opposite to the clean perfection of the land, this text is ragged, and seemingly written in red paint, or blood. It spells out "THE EYES THE NEVERENDING EYEs".
[22:54] <Dorian> "You cover me whilst I punch the fabric of reality and we hope to hell we get the real world. Also, that's creepy as fuck."
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> More graffiti, in the same style, adorns other buildings. "THEY'RE WATCHING ALWAYS WATCHING", "WHY CAN'T THEY JUST STOP" and "EYESEYESEYESEYESEYES" are a few notable examples.
[22:55] <Tavolk> "I never put my faith in a deity before. Damnit I wish I had something to cover you with"
[22:55] <Codex> I check myself for my cyberdeck.
[22:56] <@Spiritcurse> You've got some sort of cyberdeck on you, though it doesn't feel natural.
[22:56] <Tavolk> Noticing the cyberdeck "Wait, how did you get that?"
[22:57] <Codex> "I'm not... too sure."
[22:57] <Dergimil> "We're going to die to death and it's all your fault, wizzer."
[22:57] <Codex> I check my cyberdeck for nearby nodes and such.
[22:58] <Tavolk> I begin to reach out with my power searching my normal connections for my drones "common babies" I mutter
[22:58] <@Spiritcurse> There are thousands of nodes nearby. Where you'd expect an IP address, you just see the string "vision".
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> Two drones, a different colour to the world around you, steel and iron, fizzle into existence next to you.
[23:00] <Codex> "This is so damn cool."
[23:00] <Tavolk> "I like this."
[23:01] <Tavolk> "I like this a lot" behind me the drones whiz around "Oh I've missed this"
[23:01] <Dorian> "You've never been here, you goddamn technomancer."
[23:02] <Tavolk> "I missed my drones. You've no idea how shut off I've felt"
[23:02] <@Spiritcurse> You hear a sobbing noise, echoing from one of the alleys nearby. While you've been waiting, more of the eyes roll up to you, dripping black oil.
[23:03] <Dorian> "Oh. Well, thaaaaaaat's not good."
[23:03] <Tavolk> I send Iron to check out the noise, keeping Steel with me
[23:03] <Dergimil> I begin talking in random tongues in which the eyes seem to understand.
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> The eyes look at you, blinking a few times. Some of them leave.
[23:04] <Dorian> I head towards the sobbing noises.
[23:04] <Codex> "We should probably go find out who's making that noise." I stay close behind Shen.
[23:04] <@Spiritcurse> The noise comes from a man in the alleyway. He's crying into his hands, which seem stained black. He doesn't notice you approach.
[23:04] <Tavolk> I follow bringing both drones with me.
[23:04] <Dorian> "Sir? Excuse me, sir? Are you doing ok?"
[23:05] <@Spiritcurse> He manages to stutter out a few words in between heaving sobs. "They... alone..."
[23:05] <Dorian> "Are... are you ok?"
[23:05] <Dergimil> I continue to talk in random tongues, trying to recieve a response from the remaining eyes.
[23:06] <@Spiritcurse> The eyes, lacking any body parts saves eyes, do not respond.
[23:06] <Qualix> "I'm sorry but could you repeat that a bit clearer?"
[23:06] <@Spiritcurse> "I... they're all gone... but they're still here"
[23:07] <Dorian> I glance from one side to the other, "Can we see them?"
[23:07] <Dergimil> Once again talking in tongues, I try and convice them to work as our allies.
[23:07] <@Spiritcurse> "No, but they can see you." He stops his sobbing, and lowers his arms to his side. He walks towards you a few steps, and you see that his eyes are completely black.
[23:08] <@Spiritcurse> The eyes may or may not understand. They may or may not possess the ability to hear, being just eyes.
[23:08] <Dorian> I take a stance, "Please, back off before I slap you upside your face."
[23:08] <Dergimil> "Well fuck. What are you guys up to?"
[23:08] <@Spiritcurse> He lunges for you, trying to bite and claw.
[23:09] <Dorian> I dive under his attack, moving behind him.
[23:13] <Dorian> Being behind the creature now, I punch for it's face,.
[23:13] <@Spiritcurse> You punch through the chest of the being. Their black blood spills out, almost landing in your mouth, but you shift your head out of the way just in time.
[23:14] <@Spiritcurse> The creature collapses to the floor, the oil spreading over the floor.
[23:15] <Codex> "Don't touch the oil!"
[23:15] <Dorian> "Yeah, no shit!"
[23:16] <Dorian> I take out the Talisman and lower it towards the oil.
[23:17] <@Spiritcurse> The oil is drawn into the talisman, which turns slightly darker.
[23:17] <Dorian> "Right, that's one way to do things." I turn to the eyes and hold the Talisman near them.
[23:18] <@Spiritcurse> The eyes roll away from the talisman.
[23:18] <Dorian> "Welp, time to do the river." I head for the river, Talisman in hand
[23:19] <Tavolk> "This, this I like."
[23:19] <GC> "I have no idea what's going on" I say as I follow the group.
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> You reach the river quickly - again, travelling much faster than you feel like you're going.
[23:20] <Dorian> I lower the Talisman into the river
[23:21] <@Spiritcurse> The oil from the river is drawn into the talisman, revealing more layers of cogs beneath. However, more oil flows down from upstream.
[23:21] <Dorian> I take the Talisman out of the river and head for the river's source.
[23:22] <GC> I follow. Ares' in hand.
[23:22] <@Spiritcurse> You walk towards a small copse of trees upstream. After walking for about a minute, you find yourself halfway there. Bodies lie scattered in the metal grass.
[23:23] <Dorian> I walk around the bodies, giving them about thirty seconds' berth in every direction
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> The bodies don't stir as you walk near them, but you notice that each and every one of them is in a pool of the black oil. They have what appear to be glowing bullet wounds scattered through them.
[23:24] <Dorian> I nip over and Talisman the oil
[23:25] <@Spiritcurse> The oil is sucked up, and their eyes turn a glowing yellow when the last of the oil is removed.
[23:25] <Dorian> I back off, fast
[23:25] <Tavolk> I bring the drones in close preparing to fire
[23:26] <Codex> "Drek."
[23:26] <@Spiritcurse> The yellow echoes the glowing yellow of their bullet wounds. As befits those covered in bullet wounds, they don't sir.
[23:27] <Qualix> I get my guns out
[23:27] <Dorian> I continue on, keeping at least one eye on the drones
[23:28] <Codex> "This bird owes us so much money for clearing her shit out."
[23:28] <Dorian> "She does."
[23:28] <GC> "Can we just get this over with, I don't like being sober".
[23:29] <@Spiritcurse> You reach the copse of trees without further incident, within which you assume the spring is located.
[23:29] <Dorian> I enter ye copse
[23:30] <@Spiritcurse> The circle of metal trees gives way to a fairly large clearing. A robed figure with two black and broken wings stands in the centre on a large rock, with a hand outstretched. Black oil drops from his palm into the clear water of the spring, corrupting and polluting it.
[23:34] <Dorian> I change the demon, fusts glowing with rage.
[23:35] <@Spiritcurse> Your fusts are deflected by a correctly spelled shield. The demon glimmers yellow for a moment.
[23:37] <@Spiritcurse> He turns and fires a blast of black energy at you. You dodge neatly out of the way.
[23:41] <GC> I draw my Ingram Smartguns and release a full volley of explosive, tracer and flechette rounds yelling "I FUCKING HATE BEING SOBER!!!!!"
[23:42] <Qualix> I shoot straight at the demon with both guns
[23:43] <Dorian> I swing again, shark rage in my eyes.
[23:43] <@Spiritcurse> Your attacks slam into the demon, ripping holes in his robes and flesh. Black blood drips out of him, and his wounds glow yellow.
[23:44] <@Spiritcurse> As the talisman smashes through his skull, the demon's essence is pulled into it. The black oil spirals around him as if picked up by a giant wind, forming a tornado of corruption. You black out. No pun intended.
[23:45] <@Spiritcurse> Shortly afterwards, you wake up in Dixie's Docs. He laughs. "Ah, ye made it back! Good on ya, mon!"
[23:45] <Dorian> I hold up the Talisman, "Got it."
[23:46] <@Spiritcurse> "Hope it dinae give ya much trouble, right?"
[23:46] <Dorian> "Eh, you know. Same old, same old."
[23:46] <Tavolk> "That was remarkably easy"
[23:46] <GC> I wake with a start and quickly scramble for the bottle of whiskey I dropped on the floor, downing it's contents "Oh man that was unpleasant".
[23:46] <Codex> I rub my head. "Yeah, I'm gunna have to buy more of that substance."
[23:46] <Tavolk> "I really like your mind Luna"
[23:47] <@Spiritcurse> "I... thank you? I've got a splitting headache, what did you do?"
[23:47] <Codex> "They punched things really hard."
[23:47] <Tavolk> "probably best you don't know. But you're safe"
[23:47] <Dorian> "Punched a demon into a Talisman."
[23:47] <Tavolk> "Well yes."
[23:48] <@Spiritcurse> "Thanks. If there's ever anything I can do, just let me know, yeah?"
[23:49] <Tavolk> "I don't suppose you'd help us out financially?"
[23:49] <Qualix> "I mean we did do some spectacular things to your mind"
[23:49] <Dorian> "Yeah, we're poor as hell here. Could do with some cash."
[23:50] <GC> "Saving your sanity along with ridding you of a deamon deserves a sizable reward by my count".
[23:50] <Tavolk> "Last job didn't go too well" I chuckle thinking of spiders and boats
[23:50] <@Spiritcurse> "I've got a little bit. And if you stop by Ares, I might be able to get you some weapons."
[23:50] <Codex> "That's a point, Dixie, how much do I owe you?" I look around the room for Dixie.
[23:50] <@Spiritcurse> "Don't worry about it mon! I gots a demon inna talisman!" He seems excited.
[23:51] <Dorian> "Actually, can I swap it with you for a Focus? I need to react to things faster."
[23:52] <@Spiritcurse> "Ah, I suppose, go for it."
[23:52] <Dorian> "Cheers, mate."
[23:53] <Dorian> I hand over the Talisman just as soon as Dixie hands me the Focus
[23:55] <Codex> "I need a nap."
[23:55] <Dorian> "Same."
[23:56] <Tavolk> "Yeah lets find somewhere to crash, I say we track down Luna's wizard tomorrow."
[23:56] <Dorian> "We could chill at my place? I've got some instant noodles lying around if we need food."
[23:57] <Codex> "That sounds great." I hold up a credstick. "We could also get an actual meal on the way, if anyone fancies."
[23:57] <Tavolk> "I'm in, I'll fork out for pizza?"
[23:57] <GC> "I need a drink" I say, looking at the pile of empty bottles at my feet.
[23:57] <Codex> I tuck my credstick back into a pocket. "You're on."
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down