Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

+8
Great Unclean One
Jawz
Amber
Camokasi
kiubiXninja
Spiritcurse
comingdarkness
DorianCreed
12 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Pointage Poll

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

Post by comingdarkness Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

More people are welcome in my book so long as they can follow the story, take role playing seriously and dont join simply to feck everthing up

comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

http://commingdarkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: GURPS Negima/Pokemon Crossover Campaign

Post by DorianCreed Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm

If they even try to feck everything up, Imma drop a quater planet on their ass! No, seriously. I will literally cut Mars into quarters and drop one of them on anyone who tries to fuck up this campaign. I'm a Paranoia GM. Deal with it!

DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

I doubt Lingshen will be happy about that but...awsome!
And thats my kind of GM Very Happy
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok, Venus then.

... Of course, the way Negima is going, it'll turn out that Venus is actaully Cosmo Enchilada, and noone 'cept noone wants to piss off the Averrencii.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 pm

For me that is just all the more reason to do it...
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Have now updated the First Post with info on how to join for both at-start and post-start characters. I'm gonna need that info ASAP, everyone who wants to play!

Last edited by DorianCreed on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by kiubiXninja Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 pm

my charictor is incomplite so im going to haf to start in the new year but ill be reddy after the first 14 days of the new year
kiubiXninja
kiubiXninja
Usual Poster
Usual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 pm

KK, I'll alter the Front Page.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by kiubiXninja Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:01 pm

actually i can if darkness can help me finish my sheet tomorow?
kiubiXninja
kiubiXninja
Usual Poster
Usual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Is anyone else getting all the text below Coming Darkness' last post in italics? Darkness, you tried putting any HTML or BBcode in your profile? If so, close your tags. If not, ah well.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 am

I'm getting it in Italics too but I havnt done anything...
Not that I know of at least
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 am

Very odd. At least it's just this thread.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 pm

I've updated the first page with new shiz, including a deadline extention for the whole 'at-start' thing. Just wanted everyone to know that.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:47 am

Awesome, nice work. You really have put a lot of effort into this, haven't you? I'll try to make sure the channel works out alright.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:11 pm

I try. Oh, and I haven't really put much effort in, compared to some other campaigns I've run. Just a warning, though: I got New Vegas and RE: Chain of Memories for christmas, so I might have a sudden if explained case of the dissapearances for the next couple of days which might overlap into GURPS time. But, yeah. Other than that, I have no reason not to be there.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Fair enough. I've got a shit load of Lego Mindstorms so I'll be working on that for the next foreseeable future. Made a simple bot and program, just walks forward and chops obstacles up.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Yeah, I'm probably not gonna make it to the 28th. I have been consumed by the (slightly buggy) heaven that is Fallout: New Vegas, and will not resurface untill well after the 28th. I may not even be able to make it into Fanboy on the 9th as I had planned, I'm that consumed. Sad Sorry, it's just that damn addictive. I'll update the front page.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 am

Carnt say that I'm very amused by this Dorian...But if that is the time you need then have fun. Just dont leave it too long.
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Aye, it's not even that good. Sure, it's a lot better than 3, but it takes away the whole dark feel of it.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Sorry, guys. I'll try and get myself together and out of my 'New Game' fuge by the 28th, but I make no promises, except for the following: At the very latest it'll be the 29th, ok? If even that isn't ok, then I'll really try, I will! It just won't be quite as prepared as I usually am.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by comingdarkness Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:12 pm

29th will be fine if need be, I'm not that harsh.
But dont worry about being prepared (I am the sort who plans everything out ages in advanced too), we can work stuff out as we play if need be Smile
comingdarkness
comingdarkness
Addicted Poster
Addicted Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm

No worries, I normally improvise damn near everything. Got a few tricks for it, but it works.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 am

Heh. Do you really improvise nearly everything? Sounds a little like a campaign one of my mates ran once. I'll admit, it was Paranoia, so he was sort of meant to, but he had literally no notes or stats whatsoever! I mean, jeez! You could at least make a map or two!
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 pm

A few tricks I've picked up to help with improvising:

Have about 10 pre-generated NPCs. The first person the players meet gets stats and personality number 1, and I mark where and who it was in case they meet them again.

Have a vague idea of rewards. Don't just assume a new sword is fine, give them something interesting. Makes it look planned, in actuality you're just throwing together something you've thought of. Of course, it means the technically every item I throw you is an artefact, which is pretty cool.

Don't give out a map or directions. If you don't, your players can't say "what's that over there, lets go there" when you've only planned one place. No map means you can railroad them wherever without them noticing. And it's not really railroading if they chose to follow it, is it?

Have a start and an end planned. Players will almost always either end up where you want them, or some crazy fun will happen. Either way is a win. Also, build a few dungeons for the same reason - the map you built for Castle X can just as well be used if they decide to go to Castle Y instead.

And general GMing:

Give out items that everyone can use. Finding a super powerful bow isn't cool in a party containing only one archer. Players like to feel that they choose who gets loot. I'm not saying never give weapons, but treat everyone equally - give out a super bow and some gems, the party should decide to share it out fairly.

Give magical items drawbacks. So, you've found a sword that drains life? Kind of addictive, isn't it? You've found a suit of holy armour? It might object if you commit an evil deed while wearing it. You've found a load of magical throwing knives? Well, maybe return-to-sender was a bad idea to cast on them, ancient enchanter wizard.

If your players greatly derail things, quietly roll with it, then take steps to get them back on track. They chase a throwaway reference in the hope of treasure or clues? If they play it well, give them something small in return for it.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that points, gold and items are the only things worth having. A favour owed by the king is a good reward too, and many players will prefer story rewards such as this, even if they get fewer points. Maybe a quest will reward them with the respect of their peers and lords of the land? A level of status is nice here. In general, social advantages should sometimes be given instead of points at the end of some sessions.

Don't insist that combat is to the last man. Nearly every battle is ended by surrender or retreat in real life. Fright checks or Will tests are logical once the enemy sees their side cut down. Obviously, a close fought battle should be fought to the end, but when the winner is obvious, end it. Unless the players are enjoying hunting the few survivors down.

Respect that time passes between adventures - allowing enchanters to enchant, thieves to steal, warriors to guard and such is nice for the immersion, can lead to rewards, and also can lead to nice side quests. Running a quick game over IRC can work for little events - if the enchanter accidentally summons a demon, get them online to roleplay it, and probably run away. The thief may find out a few rumours, so let them learn them after a little online game.

You probably knew at least some of that, but this is for the benefit of everyone really. When I improvise, I'm usually following a lot of those simple rules, even if it means holding stats in your head.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiubiXninja Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

request for acselorator boots of some description to be a reword at some point in the campaign? cat
kiubiXninja
kiubiXninja
Usual Poster
Usual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 pm

...Wow. Thank you very much, Spiritcurse, but I've got what I want planned out to my satisfaction, and it's all as generic as needs-be for any collection of characters, including a group who are basically playing as the main characters from K-ON! Otherwise known as 'Led Ornithropter'. Yes, I needed to reference it, why do you ask?

Oh, and kiubiXninja? Maybe. Don't keep your hopes up, though. I'm a Paranoia GM at heart as well, so expect any asked-for reward to be a serious double-edged sword, with the edge towards you being mono-molecular. Tortuted metaphors rule, don't they?
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by kiubiXninja Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

indeed but will be fun to wach me do somersolts from ded start and take no damage( catfall )
kiubiXninja
kiubiXninja
Usual Poster
Usual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next